Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,273 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

The Struggles Of A Premature Son - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Struggles Of A Premature Son (1098 Views)

The Struggles Of Ifeoma (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Madamspeaker(f): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hello! fellow nairalander or guest (as the case may be).
The movie you are about to watch,..sorrywink, the story you are about to read is a true life story. Although,i am not yet through with it but i will be updating you guys on it, at least twice in a day.
Pls,you may be a perfect writer but i am still heading towards perfection, therefore, i stand to be corrected whenever i make a mistake.
Your support,encouragement and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is all i need. I pray you will enjoy my story as you read on.

XOXO......Ma'am Speakersmiley
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by DEllaluv(f): 3:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
Brng it on
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Madamspeaker(f): 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
It is a beautiful morning. The sun is shining gently and the flowers are beaming with great smiles. Car horns are hooting here and there. Many people are hurrying to work,hawkers are selling their wares and school children are on their way to school. Traffic wardens can be seen controlling the heavy traffic jam "go slow" that is builiding up. "God go punish your papa", an angry bus driver yells at a woman who crossed the road hurriedly,ignoring the sound of his horn. This is a normal case scenario on a monday morning in Surulere,Lagos state.

Adaobi is preparing for work. She has tried on most of her clothes and none seem to be her size anymore. Her seven months pregnancy seems to be growing bigger every minute. She finally picks up an ash-coloured gown
and wears it. "Finally,i feel comfortable in this one", she said. She takes a look at the gigantic wall clock in the sitting room,a gift she had received 3 years ago from her pastor on her wedding day. "wow!",she exclaimed, "its 7:20am already,how do i beat traffic and get to Ikeja before 8:00am?".

She finally arrives at her place of work, Synergy Life Insurance Company (SLIC), by 8:25am. She went round to greet some of her colleagues. Many of them were happy to see themselves. They greeted each other as if it were over a year they last saw themselves. After the little
chit-chats,Adaobi went to the account office,her office. She shares the office with another accountant,Titilayo. "madam,this your belle small ooo", Titilayo said to Adaobi with sarcasm in her voice. Adaobi smiled and said to her,"Titi,when are you going to stop teasing me?, by the way you look very pretty today". Titi replied saying, "my boyfriend is
really taking care of me,i cant wait for us to get married". Adaobi,heading to her seat, said to her, 'calm down dear,i know that
feeling".

1 Like

Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Madamspeaker(f): 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Brng it on
tnx dear, i pray u will enjoy it
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Madamspeaker(f): 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sitting on her seat,she muttered a few words of prayer and started attending to the files on her table. After working for about 3 hours,she became tired and started feeling dizzy. She told Titilayo that she wanted to visit the convienience. As she approached the door,she lost consciousness and fell to the ground. Titilayo jumped out of her seat and raised an alarm attracting other colleagues.

Adaobi opened her eyes and all she could see was a white ceiling. "Where am i?", she asked. James,her husband,who had been sitting beside her bed all day,held her hands and told her to calm down,that she was in the hospital. He narrated what happened to her and how she was brought to
the hospital by her colleagues.

Mr Funto,the doctor together with a nurse, walked into the room. He
assured her that everything was okay and advised not to stress herself too much as that was the cause of her 'collapsing'.He ordered the nurse to give Adaobi an injection after which she would be discharged the next day. James walked out of the room with the doctor in order to go settle the bills and also get her medication from the pharmacist. The nurse
gave her the injection and left the room.

Barely 20minutes later,Adaobi started moaning in pains. The baby in her womb was kicking hardly and she coudnt bear the pains. She screamed and the doctor together with her husband dashed into the room. The doctor quickly did a check on her and realised that she was in labour. He discovered that the injection the nurse gave her was the wrong one and it had forced her into labour. Now,there is a problem. The hospital is a small one and they dont have the facilities to welcome a premature baby,so she has to be transferred immediately to Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). A greater problem is that LUTH doctors are on strike.
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Madamspeaker(f): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
pls...u guyz shud not just read and pass nasad...say somtin
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by amakaoge: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
Anna dearie, this is indeed impressive..keep it up!!
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by DEllaluv(f): 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
Jst keep postn ma'am,dey'l stll comment
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by AnuliNuria: 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nice dear. I'm anxious to knw what happened next
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Madamspeaker(f): 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
@Amaka, Ella et Anuri.....tnx a lot

1 Like

Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Kunle106(m): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2013
coolnice work, good composition, continue abeg
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Madamspeaker(f): 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
"What kind of nonsense is this? Don't you know your job? I will call the police to arrest everyone of you in this hospital. I will sue you for negligence of duty and make sure that your carreer is ruined. This hospital will be closed down for life", furious James told the doctor with great uncontrollable anger. Some nurses were running up and down trying to prepare an ambulance for Adaobi. Visitors in the hospital
tried their to calm James down.

"I have a doctor friend in LUTH that will attend to her despite the strike", the doctor assured James. James,pointing at the doctor with wide eyeballs as if they were going to fall off his eye-sockets, said, "if it doesnt work out,you will pay dearly for it". Adaobi was carried on a stretcher into the ambulance. The ambulance zoomed off immediately with the doctor and two nurses in it. James and two other visitors who came to visit Adaobi entered his car but didnt allow him to drive.

The nurse who gave adaobi the injection just sat at her table crying. She knows the gravity of what she has done. If James eventually takes the matter to the court of law,her carreer will be tarnished forever. Also,if Adaobi doesn't make it,she would be facing a life imprisonment sentence.

They finally arrived at LUTH by 7:30pm. Activities in the hospital were not much like the usual LUTH. Adaobi was rushed in. They met some nurses and explained to them. One of them said "we are sorry,our doctors are on strike and there is nothing we can do about it". Mr Funto tried his doctor-friend on his cell phone but all to no avail. James knelt down begging the nurses to help him,but they didn't answer. One of them,seeing that Adaobi was in great pain,suggested a private hospital that could handle their case and gave them some directions.
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by DEllaluv(f): 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
D way all dese hospitals dey tk pesin lyf play eh,d tn dey vex me well well
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Therock5555(m): 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
Make i read, i dey come
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Madamspeaker(f): 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
D way all dese hospitals dey tk pesin lyf play eh,d tn dey vex me well well
na 9ja we dey na
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Madamspeaker(f): 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
The rock5555: Make i read, i dey come
hmm....Rock and Ella on my thread...signs of good finz to come. lemme go and do small amebo on u guyz thread.
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Madamspeaker(f): 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
They hurriedly left the place the same manner in which they came. Right there in the ambulance, Adaobi was groaning in pains. The stretcher was greatly soaked with the water coming out of her body. She coudn't hold it anymore. The baby was on its way out. They finally arrived at the private hospital. The nurses on duty quickly attended to them and she
was quickly taken to a ward. In the ward, Adaobi kept on pushing and pushing. She was losing strenght,the doctor of the hospital kept on encouraging her. She wailed, cried, shouted and screamed.

At exactly 12:48am, the baby came out. It was a boy.

The nurses cleaned Adaobi up while the doctor took the baby to another room. Although, she didnt have the strength to stand on her own, she could sit down and talk. James was very happy too see his wife.

He is now a father....hmmm,the father of a premature son. He was happy all the same and started giving praise to God. The doctor came in and took him to where the newly born was.

James stared at his baby with tears in his eyes. He looked very fragile. His eyes, nose and lips were very tiny. They looked more like dots and lines. The baby looked like a pussy cat. He saw some other premature babies in the incubator. His baby is now faced with another struggle--THE STRUGGLE FOR LIFE IN THE INCUBATOR.
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Therock5555(m): 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
E be like say na you be the mama, cus see as u dey explain person labour pains and birth, abi you be Medicine student?

Thumbs up dearie....
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Clemzy16(m): 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
Following
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Kizyte(m): 6:33pm On Nov 15, 2014
Madamspeaker:
pls...u guyz shud not just read and pass nasad...say somtin
shocked I can't believe this! I witnessed this story in reality just yesterday, almost exactly as it's being narrated by "Madamspeaker" but unfortunately the baby died this morning cos as at yesternight, public hospitals were still on strike, so the baby was only on oxygen following the unavailability of incubator in the private clinic were he was being giving care. And also coincidentally with the story, it was a baby boy.

You're a good writer my dear, though the story needs some editing... Keep it up!
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by slap1(m): 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2014
Madamspeaker, full-stops, question marks, exclamation marks, etc, comes before the closing quotation ("), and not after it. Keep writing, it's one of the ways to get better.
Re: The Struggles Of A Premature Son by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
Make I still dey observe first.

(1) (Reply)

OPERATION CROCODILE SMILE IV: I Came, I Saw And I Conquer By Johnson / Zion Rufus ‘the Lagos Hustle’ / My Val 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.