Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,061 members, 7,852,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

Tell Us What You Think The Old Umuahia Main Market Should Be Developed Into - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tell Us What You Think The Old Umuahia Main Market Should Be Developed Into (921 Views)

What Qualifies A Country To Be Developed And Other Undeveloped And Developing. / Buhari Was Right, All Regions Will Not Be Developed Equally By The Fg. / Seriously Can Nigeria Be Developed In 18 Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us What You Think The Old Umuahia Main Market Should Be Developed Into by obinalihe: 7:06am On Dec 18, 2013
Hello Abians ,Friends and well wishers ! It is no longer a news that the Old Umuahia Main Market has been relocated to a better location around Ubani Ibeku in Umuahia with traders trading happily. The old site has been cleared and our intention is to make it a place to be proud of by all Abians. Tell us what you think the old Umuahia Main Market site can be developed into and how it could benefit Abians considering the capital city renewal initiative...Have your say.

T.A.O

Re: Tell Us What You Think The Old Umuahia Main Market Should Be Developed Into by Dubby6(m): 7:10am On Dec 18, 2013
A massive Ash*wo house or an Ibeku shrine...just thinking like TA...
Re: Tell Us What You Think The Old Umuahia Main Market Should Be Developed Into by gedtalks(m): 8:00am On Dec 18, 2013
I really wish this could get to Gov T.A Orji.

The gratest thing that can be done in Abia State is Create an Environment that will boost Trade and development of Aba made products - the most development driving resource that we have.

[b] If for example Tinapa were built in Umuahia and specifically used as an Aba made products trade center & symposium hall to promote MODERNIZED MARKETING METHODS of (quality checked) Aba made products, this would REBRAND ''Aba made'' from sounding inferior to sounding superior (this is one of the major problems of Aba made products).

When this is achieved (demand in these products will surely rise) , it will surely attract public investment, and even international recognition.

In the aspect of fashion designing for instance, Lagos state (which is not as skilled as Aba in the art of local production) is able to design wears and get Internationally recognized outfit Brand names, what is hindering Aba from doing so and overtaking lagos state I think its the level of enlightenment of the citizen. Abia state needs enlightenment of its citizens through workshops, symposium, academies. We need to grow out of the ''bush man'' mentality. We need to utilize real modernized marketing methods to attract zealous attention (financial) of the Federal Government local and International investors.
Re: Tell Us What You Think The Old Umuahia Main Market Should Be Developed Into by gedtalks(m): 9:13am On Dec 18, 2013
Coincidentally, I have been doing a write up on this very topic to deliver at the Government house.

I currently reside in Calabar, and I've seen the need for an ''International shopping mall/ mordern workshop center'' in Abia state (my state of origin).

I wish it could be read by His Excellency Gov. T.A Orji himself.

(1) (Reply)

Kim Jong Un Fed His Uncle To 120 Starving Dogs: Report / Gaffes By The President / Wow:- Checkout Photo Of Governor Rochas Okorocha Riding A Bicycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.