Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Psychoanalyzing Obasanjo -adding Up The Messanger And The Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Psychoanalyzing Obasanjo -adding Up The Messanger And The Message (678 Views)

The Message That Nailed Amaechi And Dakuku. Pictures. / Here Is The Message I Got From Buhari Support Organisation / Expel Obasanjo Now, Clark Tells PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psychoanalyzing Obasanjo -adding Up The Messanger And The Message by esere826: 8:07am On Dec 18, 2013
I have heard it said concerning obj's letter that the messanger should be seperated from the message.
I dey laugh

If someone that you are aware desires to shag your girfriend or wife comes over to you with a terrible story about your wife
..how will you react?
Seperate the messanger from the message?

Indeed, the person's story might be correct, but the goal is clear. It is for you to dump her so that he can shag her
This is the dilema that we now face.

Obasanjo somehow sees Nigeria as his child and creation. He wants it back from Jonathan
He wants to give Nigeria to a new suitor.
this is the objective of his letter. That is why it is mixed with lies and truths

Obasanjo also lacks respect for minorities
he considers them as weak and subject to brawn
hence he could attack Odi and Zaki biam
and humiliate the Igbos during his tenure

He only responds to strengths
hence he stepped aside when the Nothern North of Nigeria mutilated the constitution to usher in Sharia
Re: Psychoanalyzing Obasanjo -adding Up The Messanger And The Message by esere826: 8:08am On Dec 18, 2013
He considers Jonathan as a weak man from a weak tribe
and sees no qualms in calling for and demanding his exit
If he Obasanjo wanted an extra term above his 2 terms, how does he expect any other person not to want 2 terms?
Despite the internal arrangement by PDP for power rotation,
the fact remains that anyone who had Jonathan' oppurtunity would grab it by both hands
and distrort the arrangement. Atiku would have done the same, so would Tinubu

Obj feels that just like he did during Murtala's regime where he stuck to the handover plan despite the death of Murtala
Jonathan should follow suit

i cannot seperate the messangr from the message
i am already aware that Jonathan is a weak leader without a vision for Nigeria
I really dont need Obj becoming the cheerleader for the removal of the gift he bequeathed us
If i have to let my girlfriend go because of her unfaithfulness
I really wont like Obj the notorious one to be the one screwing her after me

Conclusion
I wouldnt take obj' letter as a point of reference for Jonathan ineptitude if I were you
other points of references abound

1 Like

Re: Psychoanalyzing Obasanjo -adding Up The Messanger And The Message by PapaBrowne(m): 9:07am On Dec 18, 2013
Excellent narrative. And Iyabo's letter has given us a much better understanding of the messenger which helps us better understand the message and its intended purpose.
Re: Psychoanalyzing Obasanjo -adding Up The Messanger And The Message by AjanleKoko: 9:17am On Dec 18, 2013
Lol
Painful but true.
These politicians (and militricians) sef angry
Obviously someone touched someone's oil block, or something equally ridiculous. Leave the heck alone jare undecided

I thought OBJ was a super guy man. Why is he taking to the pages of newspapers, writing letters? A whole strings puller and shot caller like him. He no try oh, he fall my hand in fact. The man don old, fuel don finish grin
Re: Psychoanalyzing Obasanjo -adding Up The Messanger And The Message by strangest(m): 9:22am On Dec 18, 2013
ok...

Re: Psychoanalyzing Obasanjo -adding Up The Messanger And The Message by jmaine: 9:24am On Dec 18, 2013
Another excellent piece to the discerning folks . . . . Nice one OP . . . . cool
Re: Psychoanalyzing Obasanjo -adding Up The Messanger And The Message by Vavavoom(m): 11:48am On Dec 18, 2013
esere826: He considers Jonathan as a weak man from a weak tribe
and sees no qualms in calling for and demanding his exit
If he Obasanjo wanted an extra term above his 2 terms, how does he expect any other person not to want 2 terms?
Despite the internal arrangement by PDP for power rotation,
the fact remains that anyone who had Jonathan' oppurtunity would grab it by both hands
and distrort the arrangement. Atiku would have done the same, so would Tinubu

Obj feels that just like he did during Murtala's regime where he stuck to the handover plan despite the death of Murtala
Jonathan should follow suit

i cannot seperate the messangr from the message
i am already aware that Jonathan is a weak leader without a vision for Nigeria

I really dont need Obj becoming the cheerleader for the removal of the gift he bequeathed us
If i have to let my girlfriend go because of her unfaithfulness
I really wont like Obj the notorious one to be the one screwing her after me

Conclusion
I wouldnt take obj' letter as a point of reference for Jonathan ineptitude if I were you
other points of references abound
Quite rightly so, Esere. The medium is the message. The undertone of Obj's epistle smacks of mischief more than one who has come to his Saul Moment. Like you rightly concluded other media abound from which we can analyze Jonathan's ineptitude. Bravo.
Re: Psychoanalyzing Obasanjo -adding Up The Messanger And The Message by since1914(m): 11:52am On Dec 18, 2013
The simple truth is, that none of these letters is saying anything we don't already know or haven't long suspected. It probably won't take more than two meetings in Ota to 'reconcile' OBJ & GEJ; so where does that leave the people he claims to be fighting for? The letters flying all around the place today is only a smokescreen by the political class to confuse us. It is glaringly evident, that every politician in Nigeria today, is a thief and they all are the collective cause of our problems and we must not loose sight of this fact.

Nigerians must simply refuse to take sides and with any of these people or their leprous political parties. Obasanjo has the capacity to do more than write letters if he is suddenly so concerned about the well-being of the citizens of this country (after eight years of indifference). Just as it is well within the means of the President to also demonstrate through his actions that he is concerned about our plight instead superintending over the current morbid circus that the entire political class is treating us all to.

Things are on the verge of getting really messy in this country and we must start looking beyond tribal sentiments. Democracy is not the only form of government available and if our political class aren't matured enough to play by its rules then we might as well start looking for more suitable alternatives. We can't go on like this ad infinitum. Even supposedly 'undemocratic' countries are not experiencing the kind of acute inequality that we currently experience in this country today. For the very first time in my life, I am tempted to say...am almost ashamed to be Nigerian.
Re: Psychoanalyzing Obasanjo -adding Up The Messanger And The Message by esere826: 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
^^^
there is no shame in feeling ashamed of ones own country and even denying it
it all depends on what the country stands for

a teenager will easily deny to his friends that the village drunkard who passes out in the gutter everyday is his father
he might also wish him dead that this humiliating cup might pass away

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Make Of This Picture? / Kwankwaso Formally Joins APC / FOREVER IN HISTORY: 10 Worst Quotes Of 2013 By Nigerian Public Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.