Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo (51889 Views)

Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo And Others Charged Over Embezzlement / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by decrox199(m): 9:51am On Dec 18, 2013
"I Did Not Write Any Letter to My Father, IYABO OBASANJO Speaks Out! December18, 2013 IYABO OBASANJO (On Rainbow FM): > "I have never seen or heard this sort of fabrication in my entire life! I, IYABO OBASANJO never contemplate writing a letter to my Loving Father. I speak with him almost on daily bases. "Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo is the best father in the world. He gave birth to me, he raise me up and gave me the best of Education. I wouldn't have achieve whatever I did without my father. IN FACT, WHO AM I WOTHOUT MY FATHER? "As a father he never disappoint his children in any way, he is a father anybody wish to have. "If President Jonathan want to reply the letter my father wrote him, he should be man enough to reply direct. Why are they trying to make me a scape goat? I know my father very well and I don't question his judgement, I believe my father wrote his letter in the best intrest of the nation. If Mr. President disagree with some of the allegations in the latter, let him be man enough to talk directly to my father, he should stop involving me in an issue I know nothing about. "How can you write a letter to insult my father and claim I, the daughter is the source. If that is how Ijaw people insult their father, I am a Yoruba Woman, we respect our parent in all circumstances. "I IYABO OBASANJO did not write any letter. Nigerians should please take note. "The purported letter is a malicious lies intended to rubish the good name of my family, when I get to the source of the letter, I will waste no time to take the necessary legal actions. "I love my father and I never disrespect him."

64 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Afam4eva(m): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2013
Where's your source?

8 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by funnyx(m): 10:01am On Dec 18, 2013
Nigerian politics! Never a dull moment grin grin
@Afam It's on Facebook that she issued the statement at Rainbow FM hopefully we can confirm this later in the day.

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Tolexander: 10:02am On Dec 18, 2013
funnyx: Nigerian politics! Never a dull moment grin grin
@Afam It's on Facebook that she issued the statement at Rainbow FM hopefully we can confirm this later in the day.
where is the link to the facebook post?

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2013
undecided
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by superstar1(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2013
grin grin grin grin

The whole of Nigeria is turning to nollywood comedy.

Mad followers.

Madder leadership.

Maddest political class.

41 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by seunmsg(m): 10:13am On Dec 18, 2013
Am not a fan of Obasanjo and his politics but my immediate reaction to the letter purportedly written by Iyabo to Obj was caution. Something keeps telling me Iyabo did not write that letter. No sane daughter will write such a letter to her father, especially one who is as popular and powerful as OBJ. No matter the disagreement, a YORUBA lady will never insult her father publicly like that.

If we look at the letter well, I think the presidency is behind it. How come no other media outlet except Vanguard published the letter? Infact, the style of that letter looks like something written by Abati. Iyabo should immediatelly institute a legal action against Vanguard newspaper.

82 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Afam4eva(m): 10:14am On Dec 18, 2013
funnyx: @Afam It's on Facebook that she issued the statement at Rainbow FM hopefully we can confirm this later in the day.

Tolexander: where is the link to the facebook post?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by funnyx(m): 10:16am On Dec 18, 2013
seunmsg: Am not a fan of Obasanjo and his politics but my immediate reaction to the letter purportedly written by Iyabo to Obj was caution. Something keeps telling me Iyabo did not write that letter. No sane daughter will write such a letter to her father, especially one who is as popular and powerful as OBJ. No matter the disagreement, a YORUBA lady will never insult her father publicly like that.

If we look at the letter well, I think the presidency is behind it. How come no other media outlet except Vanguard published the letter? Infact, the style of that letter looks like something written by Abati. Iyabo should immediatelly institute a legal action against Vanguard newspaper.

That's why I choose not to make any post until the source of the letter is confirmed.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by donphilopus: 10:16am On Dec 18, 2013
If your like, write a letter to you dad! If you like, don't write a letter to your dad. The so-called letter doesn't seem to give a damn about Nigeria/Nigerians, but your family issue.

6 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by funnyx(m): 10:18am On Dec 18, 2013
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by IleIfe2(m): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Sankara is saying the same but nothing official yet.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by talktimi(m): 10:20am On Dec 18, 2013
Well i dont believe she wrote that letter (neither do i believe Abati wrote it as someone here suggested) i also dont believe she gave this particular disclaimer. Politicians are just SICK in this country sha

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by idupaul: 10:28am On Dec 18, 2013
Hmmmmmm

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by sojjy: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Politics is said to be dirtiest game in Nigeria. That's the reason most men of integrity will never want to participate in the game.
I never believe the letter alleging written by Iyabo Obasanjo is true in the first instance. It is uncultured for any Yoruba child to insult or rain abuses on his father. Nigeria Politicians can go to any length in achieving their devilish agenda.

6 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Acidosis(m): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2013
grin grin
I don't have time for all these cheap denials abeg ..
Iyabo will not stand anywhere to point fingers at President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR without facts.
Infact if this denial is real and truly she wants to push legal actions, then she should be ready to go down for condemning my President.

IN FACT, WHO AM I WOTHOUT MY FATHER? As a father he never disappoint his children in any way..

But he slept with his son's wife, right?
This "fake" televised Iyabo should pls keep quiet.

An "EPIC" denial by paid touts will not rescue Ten Thousand Obasanjo.
Just tell us the value of the check you got from Ota, we go understand

Well let me drop this quote for ALL e-politicians (electronic noise makers, 3G Presidents: PDP, ACN and tribal goans)

"No one really understands politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve their problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected is number one and two. Whatever is number 3 is far behind."

13 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by decrox199(m): 10:31am On Dec 18, 2013
Who else would have fired such brimestones on OBJ knowingfully well that Doyin Okupe and Reuben Abati are both from Ogun State.

Such make-up has further exposed the weakness and cluelessness of the Presidency.

However,as irrelevant as such publication is,Nigerians await a response from their paymaster on the allegations levelled against him which is of National interest. This diversion tactic can never work!Nigerians are not fools!....oh!finally made the front page

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Tolexander: 10:32am On Dec 18, 2013
Afam4eva:

afam, this has been trending anyway. People are saying it's been on on radio stations in abeokuta.
That can't be relied on anyway cos this is nigeria where falsehood and rumour trend more than fact.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Brimmie(m): 10:42am On Dec 18, 2013
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Snoggy(m): 10:43am On Dec 18, 2013
Abeg Abeg! Who says it isn't fun to live in a country like NAIJA.

Nigeria is a country full of surprises. cheesy

I love my county eeeeeeeeEHh!

No dull moment at all.

[size=24]If truly she didn't write that letter, then I pity Jonathan. He wanted to turn the table round grin Godforbid! What a weak President angry Instead of tackling the message, he's trying to attack the messenger. lipsrsealed[/size]

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by homesteady(m): 10:43am On Dec 18, 2013
Is she even in Nigeria? I thought I saw USA as the address of her letter?

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DahomeyAmazon(f): 10:44am On Dec 18, 2013
Source
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by theoctopus: 10:45am On Dec 18, 2013
Richard Akinnola II Wrote
I just confirmed from Vanguard that the letter is real and
that the woman even spoke with them last night before
production

Sorry to disappoint you guys...
grin

21 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by MissIndependent(f): 10:45am On Dec 18, 2013
Orisirisi grin
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OgologoDimkpa: 10:46am On Dec 18, 2013
If she did not write the letter, who did?

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by jmaine: 10:46am On Dec 18, 2013
decrox199: "I Did Not Write Any Letter to My Father, IYABO OBASANJO Speaks Out! December18, 2013 IYABO OBASANJO (On Rainbow FM): > "I have never seen or heard this sort of fabrication in my entire life! I, IYABO OBASANJO never contemplate writing a letter to my Loving Father. I speak with him almost on daily bases. "Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo is the best father in the world. He gave birth to me, he raise me up and gave me the best of Education. I wouldn't have achieve whatever I did without my father. IN FACT, WHO AM I WOTHOUT MY FATHER? "As a father he never disappoint his children in any way, he is a father anybody wish to have. "If President Jonathan want to reply the letter my father wrote him, he should be man enough to reply direct. Why are they trying to make me a scape goat? I know my father very well and I don't question his judgement, I believe my father wrote his letter in the best intrest of the nation. If Mr. President disagree with some of the allegations in the latter, let him be man enough to talk directly to my father, he should stop involving me in an issue I know nothing about. "How can you write a letter to insult my father and claim I, the daughter is the source. If that is how Ijaw people insult their father, I am a Yoruba Woman, we respect our parent in all circumstances. "I IYABO OBASANJO did not write any letter. Nigerians should please take note. "The purported letter is a malicious lies intended to rubish the good name of my family, when I get to the source of the letter, I will waste no time to take the necessary legal actions. "I love my father and I never disrespect him."

Musiwa-esque Rebuttal. . . . grin . . .Where are the editorial team when you need them most. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by gistyinka(m): 10:46am On Dec 18, 2013
This issue is not on public domain-- wrote the letter..

http://gistyinka.net/iyabo-obasanjo-denies-outrageous-open-letter-obasanjo/
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by CircleOfWilis: 10:46am On Dec 18, 2013
They are trying hard to discredit the fact put forward by Obasanjo, u wil not succeed
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OgologoDimkpa: 10:46am On Dec 18, 2013
Epic!.
But it takes one that is very close to obasanjo to write
such a revealing letter.

We are watching!

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OgologoDimkpa: 10:47am On Dec 18, 2013
theoctopus: Richard Akinnola II Wrote
I just confirmed from Vanguard that the letter is real and
that the woman even spoke with them last night before
production

Sorry to disappoint you guys...
grin
Denial, denial, denial grin grin
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by ballabriggs: 10:47am On Dec 18, 2013
Ovoko!!! Another crude tactics from the apostles of President Jonadunce.

As soon as I saw Omokri dancing all over cyber space, I began to view the said letter with caution. The mere fact that Omokri was associated with the letter was enough to discredit the letter.

Thank God for her life that she did not write such to her father. Else, she would have been cursed for life. No matter the grievances, no well brought up daughter should write such an letter openly to her father.

Omokri's daughter can write such to him as he is a disgusting character. She can copy President Jonadunce as well as Okupe and Abati. They can " go and die" as "I do not give a damn".

11 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by superstar1(m): 10:48am On Dec 18, 2013
There is no yoruba child that can write that. Even if, he or she is a bastard.

I am not exonerating OBJ. Whatever he does within his family, is his prerogative.

The purported Iyabo's letter addresses family issues, OBJ's letter addresses national issues.

We are in desperate times and desperadoes will go to any extent.

GEJ vs OBJ --Letter Writing Part2 featuring OBJ GEJ FFK Abati Okupe and Iyabo (debut appearance)

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi / Mad Man At Lagos State Secretariat Alausa Demanding To See Ambode(photos) / Tinubu Show Off His Dancing Skills After Inspecting APC Campaign Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.