Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo (51879 Views)

Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo And Others Charged Over Embezzlement / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by philc334: 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
TechWalker007:

Hat off for your level of low.
Your ignorance is exceptional!
as senseless as the write may have been, his still right. It all war
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by profvic3: 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
king94: Do you sign letters written to your father? Informal letters are hardly signed.
no sir! she wrote it to the public dat is y it is called an open letter.it supposed to b signed for verification.so i stil tink dat letter is a fabrication.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by yetunsbay(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
homesteady: It's only a silly person that will believe that she did not write that letter! There are too much personal/family stuffs in that letter that an outsider will not know!
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sagytarius:

There is a claim that she (Iyabo) met with the Vanguard staff before the letter was published.
Moreover,
I am not reacting to the presence of signature in the document (or lack of it) par sei. Rather, I'm faulting your support for @superstar1's assertion that "...signatures are usually appended to pdf docs too". Hence, I asked u that earlier question.
My point is: signature or no signature, the news could be real; it could also be fake.

IT COULD BE REAL BROTHER.

BUT COULD BE EASILY DENIED AS IT IS NOT AUTHENTICATED BY THE WRITTER.

SIGNATURE IS A POWERFULL TOOL THAN WE ARE TAKING IT.

NO COURT OF LAW WILL ACCEPT THAT DOCUMENT AS AUTHENTIC.

YOU AND I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE IN THIS CASE.

I PITY VANGUARD NEWSPAPER, WHO IN ZEAL OF BREAKING NEWS FAILED TO DO THINGS RIGHT.

IF YOU CALL IYABO, AND SHE ACCEPTED BEING THE WRITER, WHY NOT TELL HER TO SIGN THE SPACE SHE HERSELF CREATED FOR SIGNATURE. IT IS A SIMPLE THING. OBASANJO COULD BE RICHER IN BILLIONS THROUGH THIS BIG BLUNDER FROM VANGUARD.

HOPE YOU HAVE SEEN THE PURPORTED LETTER.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by obayaya(m): 3:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
mascot87:
I don't care who writes it as far as I am concerned and as a true Yoruba son, it is not in our culture to insult an elder or write something as gross as this against an elder no matter what the elder has done.I respect elders so that one day I would grow to be one and also get respected.On that note u repeat anyone either Iyabo Obasanjo or any other person or group or people that fabricated this letter is doom for life, pains, sorry, sadness, stagnacy,bitterness and all bad things of this life is already the portion of that person permanently.Àrọ ti rọ mọ,épé ti ko ni yi pada ni.It's sealed

the same Yoruba youths that striped a Chief naked..

tell me something else

9 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by tutaboi(m): 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
but dis woman went too far to ijaw people ......as if Yoruba women are saints to their parents . nonsense !!!
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by xynerise: 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
I don't care who wrote it. I saw some truth in that letter
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Nigerians should pay little attention to whether Iyobo Obasanjo wrote the alleged letter or not. They should focus on the message of the letter. Everything said in the letter or even did not say is unquestionably true.

The same folks that informed us to focus and deliberate on the contents of alleged OBJ’s letter to GEJ instead of the messenger are now telling us to forget the alleged letter from Iyob to her father. Certain section of Nigeria is known for double-talk and the presence of letters allegedly from the Obasanjos has reconfirmed a strait we already know about the people.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ok. All of your shouting she did not write the letter, is Segun Osoba who has collaborated the letter lying. See below:

[b]By Saharareporters, New York

Former Governor Segun Osoba of Ogun State who is also a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has confirmed that he met Iyabo Obasanjo, the daughter of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, during his trip to the United States in September 2013. Recounting his chance meeting with Ms. Obasanjo to SaharaReporters, Chief Osoba said he was in the United States for the 73rd anniversary of the Nieman Foundation Fellowship when he ran into Iyabo, a former senator in Nigeria. The former governor told SaharaReporters he was staying at The Charles Hotel in Cambridge when he had a chance encounter with the daughter of the former president who told him her car was parked in the hotel’s basement parking lot.

Chief Osoba said that, after the meeting, Ms. Obasanjo went downstairs to get her car and then drove him to the offices of the Nieman Foundation Center where he had an event. He said commute took close to an hour, leaving plenty of time for a long conversation between him and former President Obasanjo’s daughter.

Speaking further, Chief Osoba disclosed that Iyabo expressed exactly the same sentiments about her father contained in her letter that was just published by SaharaReporters. According to the former governor, Ms. Obasanjo stated that her father would divide the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) more than it was then after his so-called intervention in the party. He said Ms. Obasanjo also stated that she had no plans to return anymore to Nigerian politics, a sentiment she expressed in the acerbic letter to her father.

Chief Osoba added that, after his return from the US, he met former President Obasanjo a month later at the 80th birthday party of Chief Adedoja Adewolu and told him of his encounter with Iyabo in Massachusetts, including her view of his intervention in the PDP. Former Governor Osoba said he strongly believed that his discussion with Mr. Obasanjo might have prompted the former President to tell his daughter to run on the platform of the APC, another revelation made in her letter.

Former Senator Iyabo Obasanjo wrote an 11-page letter to her father which she sent to Lagos-based Vanguard newspaper. In the letter, she described her father as a liar, manipulator and a hypocrite. She also characterized her father as a wife-beater and abominable father.[/b]
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Dewze(m): 3:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
An educated and exposed person such as Iyabo would have sent a letter of rebutal to Vanguard first and then would have gone to a 'tv' station to air the truth.

Come on guys, why would she choose a radio station to rebute such a grave claim? If truly she did not write that letter, I believe OBJ by now would have taken her by the hand to a tv station to say so.

Just my thots though. Cause this politicians are equaly magicians.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by superstar1(m): 3:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by superstar1(m): 3:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull: Nigeria is filled to brink with bunch of fools. The cross section that now believed Iyabo Obasanjo did write the alleged letter to her father had already believed that OBJ wrote the alleged letter to GEJ when OBJ has not said a word about the letter. Yet rumor had it that OBJ had a get together with GEJ in Kenya few days after the existence of OBJ’s letter was made public.

It is apparently silly to believe the validity of one letter and disregard another. Nigeria is practical joke.

Mr Oldman, will you ever act your age?

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

So in US where you are living your refugee life, that is admissible in court as defence against defamation.

Moreover, that letter does not tell us anything new about OBJ and it contains family expletives. OBJ's letter contains national issues.

When will GEJ respond instead of this dumb lame and cheap blackmail.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by kellynoah: 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
dis is the handwork of APC, they wrote de letter knowing well dat iyabo will counter it an put blame on Goodluck. naija politics is dirty.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Dewze(m): 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
How could Abati have known about her encounter with Osoba and what was discussed btwn them?

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by abulbanaat(m): 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
WAIT A MINUTE!

Can someone explain why the story is not on (or no more on) Vanguard homepage? www.vanguardngr.com
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by martowskin1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
Don't be suprise if I tell u OBJ wrote the 2 letters, the 1st is to deliver his view and the other is to distract GEJ from responding to the 1st letter......OBJ is a snake he is d master mind behind both letters.....av leave enough in dis country to knw hw this old me thinks
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by king94(m): 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
profvic3: no sir! she wrote it to the public dat is y it is called an open letter.it supposed to b signed for verification.so i stil tink dat letter is a fabrication.
Thanks.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

Mr Oldman, will you ever act your age?

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

So in US where you are living your refugee life, that is admissible in court as defence against defamation.

Moreover, that letter does not tell us anything new about OBJ and it contains family expletives. OBJ's letter contains national issues.

When will GEJ respond instead of this dumb lame and cheap blackmail.

superfool1

I did not know you were already in court to determine the admissibility of evidences in case bordering on defamation. Please show a little intellect that is above a domesticated animal, olodo.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Edifyer: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
I'm tired of reading
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
abulbanaat: WAIT A MINUTE!

Can someone explain why the story is not on (or no more on) Vanguard homepage? www.vanguardngr.com

Not true! Story is very much there on Vanguard homepage. Just checked few secs ago
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Kairoseki77: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
wingman: Ok. All of your shouting she did not write the letter, is Segun Osoba who has collaborated the letter lying. See below:

Former Governor Segun Osoba of Ogun State who is also a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has confirmed that he met Iyabo Obasanjo, the daughter of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, during his trip to the United States in September 2013. Recounting his chance meeting with Ms. Obasanjo to SaharaReporters, Chief Osoba said he was in the United States for the 73rd anniversary of the Nieman Foundation Fellowship when he ran into Iyabo, a former senator in Nigeria. The former governor told SaharaReporters he was staying at The Charles Hotel in Cambridge when he had a chance encounter with the daughter of the former president who told him her car was parked in the hotel’s basement parking lot.

Chief Osoba said that, after the meeting, Ms. Obasanjo went downstairs to get her car and then drove him to the offices of the Nieman Foundation Center where he had an event. He said commute took close to an hour, leaving plenty of time for a long conversation between him and former President Obasanjo’s daughter.

Speaking further, Chief Osoba disclosed that Iyabo expressed exactly the same sentiments about her father contained in her letter that was just published by SaharaReporters. According to the former governor, Ms. Obasanjo stated that her father would divide the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) more than it was then after his so-called intervention in the party. He said Ms. Obasanjo also stated that she had no plans to return anymore to Nigerian politics, a sentiment she expressed in the acerbic letter to her father.

Chief Osoba added that, after his return from the US, he met former President Obasanjo a month later at the 80th birthday party of Chief Adedoja Adewolu and told him of his encounter with Iyabo in Massachusetts, including her view of his intervention in the PDP. Former Governor Osoba said he strongly believed that his discussion with Mr. Obasanjo might have prompted the former President to tell his daughter to run on the platform of the APC, another revelation made in her letter.

Former Senator Iyabo Obasanjo wrote an 11-page letter to her father which she sent to Lagos-based Vanguard newspaper. In the letter, she described her father as a liar, manipulator and a hypocrite. She also characterized her father as a wife-beater and abominable father.[/b]

No APC chieftain will publicly support Iyabo's letter. OBJ's letter to GEJ is good for APC because it brings negative attention to Jonathan. There is ZERO benefit for APC in supporting Iyabo's letter because it distracts from the issues that OBJ raised.

We shall see. That article is not making much sense at the moment.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by pitsonbay: 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
I just dey pass, I dey go buy GARRI IJEBU.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 3:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
shymexx:

Darn! I told you to start using your raggedy brain judiciously, to maximise what's in your brain cells, on Sunday. However, it's back to business as usual today. smfdh.

Can't you see what the OP wrote is a quote from a radio interview? undecided

Also, there's absolutely nothing "articulate", "astute" and "impressive" about the junk on fp. The whole write-up is disjointed and it was hurriedly written by a sycophant. And definitely not something a Ph.D holder from an Ivy league University would write.

agaba123

What's my handle doing up there? If I decide to smack you with the hand-of-god now, you would run to the complaints thread to snitch like your brother, wesley80, did on Sunday. undecided
Abeg no smack my head bro. I was expecting that you would have come earlier to edit the post since you are unofficially the Chief editor of Nairaland considering the good job you did on the Iyabo letter thread wink
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by greatgod2012(f): 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
Enough is enough!
This peole should stop fooling us.

Until i see Iyabo Obasanjo herself on my TV screen either attesting that she wrote the letter or denying writing the letter, im aint going to believe anything that has to do with this letter any longer.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by superstar1(m): 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

superfool1

I did not know you were already in court to determine the admissibility of evidences in case bordering on defamation. Please show a little intellect that is above a domesticated animal, olodo.

Deluded mumu aka senile oldman,

I pity whoever is calling you daddy. Your reasoning has passed it and the brain capacity of a person on life support machine it's far more efficient than yours.

Respect yourself and behave your age.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

No APC member will support Iyabo's letter. OBJ's letter to GEJ is good for APC because it brings negative attention to Jonathan. There is ZERO benefit for APC in supporting Iyabo's letter because it distracts from the issues that OBJ raised.

We shall see. That article is not making much sense at the moment.

Are you a member of APC?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by jamael(m): 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
Snoggy: Abeg Abeg! Who says it isn't fun to live in a country like NAIJA.

Nigeria is a country full of surprises. cheesy

I love my county eeeeeeeeEHh!

No dull moment at all.

[size=24]If truly she didn't write that letter, then I pity Jonathan. He wanted to turn the table round grin Godforbid! What a weak President angry Instead of tackling the message, he's trying to attack the messenger. lipsrsealed[/size]
You speak like a bush bastard. How does GEJ and the I jaw come to this all this Yoruba kids that always exalt their pertinacious culture at the expense of others. Stop This is not what REAL YORUBA'S are known for.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Wealthyone: 4:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
Still intact on Vanguard's website http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/iyabo-obasanjo-writes-father-says-dear-daddy-dont-nigeria/
wingman:

Not true! Story is very much there on Vanguard homepage. Just checked few secs ago

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Akainzo(m): 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
wingman: Ok. All of your shouting she did not write the letter, is Segun Osoba who has collaborated the letter lying. See below:

While I am not saying that She Did or Did Not write that letter, that Osoba corroborated the events in US is NOT a pointer that she wrote the said letter.

Just as Osoba has stated that he narrated the incident to OBJ, he could have narrated it to so many other persons. Thus the story of their meeting in US though personal, may be known by many people and thus easily put into a fake publication. Besides, to make a lie believable, one should sprinkle in some truths.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 4:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

Deluded mumu aka senile oldman,

I pity whoever is calling you daddy. Your reasoning has passed it and the brain capacity of a person on life support machine it's far more efficient than yours.

Respect yourself and behave your age.

superfool1

I am happy that idiocy had led you to assume my parenthood. You shall never be a parent throughout miserable life on earth. In addition, old age will deny your goofy presence in mankind.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Gbemmyxal(f): 4:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
kellynoah: dis is the handwork of APC, they wrote de letter knowing well dat iyabo will counter it an put blame on Goodluck. naija politics is dirty.

My thought too, although it might nat be APC, or maybe, one never can tell as anything is possible in Nigeria. Someone, or some group of peeps may have come up wif da initial flying-letter-news, while they have envisaged this kinda outcome, jez to get their mischief against the government executed.
The above is actually jez seeing other possibilities if the initiator of the letter is not Iyabo (which most likely may not be her).
Albeit, i don't think the presidency will wna cheap in by cooking up immature tactics of this kind. My opinion doh.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by abulbanaat(m): 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
Wingman, pls go to vanguard homepage now and confirm. No doubt the story is still in their database but not on the frontpage,if it is so I suspect something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Policeman Spotted Repairing His Gun At A Welder's Workshop. Photos / Billion Dollar Properties Belonging To Diezani's Alleged Accomplice, Kola Aluko / Mad Man At Lagos State Secretariat Alausa Demanding To See Ambode(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.