Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Natural Born Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Natural Born Atheist (1934 Views)

Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Atheist Quotes. / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural Born Atheist by huxley(m): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
Everyone is born an atheist until they are indoctrinated into the religion of the parents or culture. Think about it - if you were born and raised in Saudi Arabia, there's a more 90% chance that you would be a Moslem. If you were born and raised in the bible-belt in America, there's a 90% chance that you would be a Christian.

No one comes out of the womb with religious beliefs. We pick up these things from our culture as we grow up. Anyone without the nation of god(s) is an atheist. So before children learns of their local gods, they are well and truly atheist. As they grow up they as slow indoctrinated into their cultural god, which process also has the unfortunate effect of addling their minds, ridding it of most critical faculties. See for examples the children raised in the Madrasas in some islamic countries - they will have learnt the koran by rote by the time they are ten, to the exclusion of most other intellectually elevating material.

Of all children, few will remain atheist for the rest of their lives. The majority, due to societal folly would join one religion group or another. Some would come to their senses in adulthood and abandon the religions that were pressed on them in infancy.
Re: Natural Born Atheist by Gamine(f): 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2008
Isnt being an Atheist, a belief.

im an atheist, thank God!!! cheesy cheesy

I get your point, but at the end of the day evry one has to make their own decision

whom they will follow, just as they make decisions about evryother thing in life.

I was born into a muslim, christian, traditionalist, amorc home.

so what am i supposed to be, A Muchristraam

i chose my own path as early as my early teens even if i was a tad confused.

So your point isnt solid.
Re: Natural Born Atheist by MissyB1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2008
Huxley whaever yhur point is
remember i'm stil on yhur case
JESUS LOVES YHU. kiss
Re: Natural Born Atheist by rampant(f): 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2008
i foresee huxley working for God and becoming a man OF God in d nearest future kiss cool

somebody say AMEN to that
Re: Natural Born Atheist by Gamine(f): 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2008
amen oooooooooo
Re: Natural Born Atheist by gbekumoyan(f): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2008
rampant:

i foresee huxley working for God and becoming a man OF God in d nearest future kiss cool

somebody say AMEN to that

Rampant, i think he'll do more than work for God. He'll be a martyr too. wink wink wink
Re: Natural Born Atheist by onyinye2(f): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2008
All God's Disciples say Amen!!!
Re: Natural Born Atheist by rampant(f): 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2008
gbekumoyan:

Rampant, i think he'll do more than work for God. He'll be a martyr too.  wink wink wink

ride on sweetie

AMEN
Re: Natural Born Atheist by KunleOshob(m): 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2008
@topic
on the contrary every one is born to acknowledge and believe in the existence of a supreme being (GOD) and that is why over 95% of the world's population believe in th existence of God leaving only a very inconsequential less than 5% hallucinating within themselves about the possibility of the non existence of god  which in it self sounds absolutely insane. I can accept if a man does not believe in a particular religion or all the various religions, but when a man says there is no God becos he as a problem with a particular religion or belief system, such a person needs to be seriously examined.
Re: Natural Born Atheist by onyinye2(f): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2008
KunleOshob:

@topic
on the contrary every one is born to acknowledge and believe in the existence of a supreme being (GOD) and that is why over 95% of the world's population believe in th existence of God leaving only a very inconsequential less than 5% hallucinating within themselves about the possibility of the non existence of god  which in it self sounds absolutely insane. I can accept if a man does not believe in a particular religion or all the various religions, but when a man says there is no God because he as a problem with a particular religion or belief system, such a person needs to be seriously examined.
Nna, don't mind him. He will soon find the path of God, which ever one he chooses to believe in.
Re: Natural Born Atheist by rampant(f): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2008
KunleOshob:

@topic
on the contrary every one is born to acknowledge and believe in the existence of a supreme being (GOD) and that is why over 95% of the world's population believe in th existence of God leaving only a very inconsequential less than 5% hallucinating within themselves about the possibility of the non existence of god  which in it self sounds absolutely insane. I can accept if a man does not believe in a particular religion or all the various religions, but when a man says there is no God because he as a problem with a particular religion or belief system, such a person needs to be seriously examined

HUXLEY NEEDS TO BE EXAMINED BY ONE OF THE ANGELS OF GOD cool
Re: Natural Born Atheist by t0kunb0(m): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2008
If 95% of the world's population tell "white lies" on a regular basis, does that mean I should join them?
Re: Natural Born Atheist by mnwankwo(m): 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2008
Everyone is born an atheist until they are indoctrinated into the religion of the parents or culture.

How did you arrive at the above statement? How do you measure atheism in a new born?

No one comes out of the womb with religious beliefs.  We pick up these things from our culture as we grow up.  Anyone without the nation of god(s) is an atheist.

How do you know that? What are the methods to measure presence or absence of religious belief in a new born?

Of all children, few will remain atheist for the rest of their lives. The majority, due to societal folly would join one religion group or another.  Some would come to their senses in adulthood and abandon the religions that were pressed on them in infancy
How did you arrive at the above statement? Have you or others carried out research that supports your statement? If so what are the research methods?. One or two citations may also be helpful. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Natural Born Atheist by huxley(m): 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2008
m_nwankwo:

How did you arrive at the above statement? How do you measure atheism in a new born?

How do you know that? What are the methods to measure presence or absence of religious belief in a new born?
How did you arrive at the above statement? Have you or others carried out research that supports your statement? If so what are the research methods?. One or two citations may also be helpful. Thanks.

On this basis, a child is a theist in the same way that he is an evolutionist, or economist, or priest.

Little anecdote - I have got a four year old son who has good comprehension of things around him for his age. I have never talk with him about god(s). He consequently displays no knowledge of god(s) and the word rarely appears in his vocabulary, except when he uses it as a swear-word, as in Oh my god. I have got nieces and nephews about the same age whose parents are religious. And as you would expect, at such tender age, their children have learnt the religious language and rituals of their parents.

Why were the native inhabitants of South America not aware of the Christian gods until the missions took their religion over into that continent. If the knowledge of the true god is inborn, how come they knew nothing of Jesus, Holy Ghost before Columbus?

1 Like

Re: Natural Born Atheist by rampant(f): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2008
huxley im still waiting for my answer

why did u leave christianity to become an atheist?
Re: Natural Born Atheist by huxley(m): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2008
rampant:

huxley im still waiting for my answer

why did u leave christianity to become an atheist?

Because I realised christianity is founded on falsehood. Pure and simple.

1 Like

Re: Natural Born Atheist by rampant(f): 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2008
huxley:

Because I[b] realised [/b] christianity is founded on falsehood.  Pure and simple.

how did u realise it?who made u realise it?
Re: Natural Born Atheist by huxley(m): 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2008
rampant:

how did u realise it?who made u realise it?

It was largely on my own devices. I started my asking little questions about the Christian story and getting answers that did not ring true.

One of the last straw questions I ask was - "Is there sin in heaven?". In fact, let me ask this question again to a wider audience.
Re: Natural Born Atheist by rampant(f): 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2008
huxley:

It was largely on my own devices.  I started my asking little questions about the Christian story and getting answers that did not ring true.

One of the last straw questions I ask was - "Is there sin in heaven?".  In fact, let me ask this question again to a wider audience.

wen u asked d question,wat reply(ies) did u get?
Re: Natural Born Atheist by Gamine(f): 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2008
How can there be sin in heaven
Re: Natural Born Atheist by huxley(m): 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2008
I have just refreshed a thread that deal with the subject. The raised it under the pseudonym therationa
Re: Natural Born Atheist by huxley(m): 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2008
Gamine:

How can there be sin in heaven

You heard of Lucifer?
Re: Natural Born Atheist by mazaje(m): 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2008
less
@topic
on the contrary every one is born to acknowledge and believe in the existence of a supreme being (GOD) and that is why over 95% of the world's population believe in th existence of God leaving only a very inconsequential[b] than 5%[/b] hallucinating within themselves about the possibility of the non existence of god  which in it self sounds absolutely insane. I can accept if a man does not believe in a particular religion or all the various religions, but when a man says there is no God because he as a problem with a particular religion or belief system, such a person needs to be seriously examined.   

This statement is not true atheist, agnostics and non religious people(people that do not believe in any religions)  account for over 1 billion people in the world today thats about 15% of the people in the world. Atheist ism is on the rise the wold over, it has taken over europe and the number has risen from a mere 10 million in the USA to over 50 million in over 30 years and is still on the rise, and the main reason is that people are gradually becoming disenchanted with that fallacies of religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_religions

1 Like

Re: Natural Born Atheist by rampant(f): 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2008
we all also know dat wikipedia aint always correct
Re: Natural Born Atheist by mazaje(m): 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
rampant:

we all also know that wikipedia aint always correct

Wikipedia aint always correct when it is against you positions. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . when you consider the number of atheist we have in europe, the americas, china, japan,(asia) and other parts of the wold you will see that numbers really add up. its not that i care about the numbers but i just felt i should correct the false assertion that the other poster made.
Re: Natural Born Atheist by rampant(f): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2008
mazaje:

Wikipedia aint always correct when it is against you positions. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  when you consider the number of atheist we have in europe, the americas, china, japan,(asia) and other parts of the wold you will see that numbers really add up. its not that i care about the numbers but i just felt i should correct the false assertion that the other poster made.
what positions?

i really don't care too what the wikipedia talks about the atheists or stuffs like that,just d way you're trying to correct d other person is d same way im correcting u and telling u that wikepedia aint always correct
Re: Natural Born Atheist by rampant(f): 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
huxley another question for u
Re: Natural Born Atheist by huxley(m): 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2008
rampant:

huxley another question for u

go ahead!
Re: Natural Born Atheist by rampant(f): 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2008
r u not tired of condemning ,criticising and juging them christians/muslims? u want them to see things from your own view,or u'd rather they  believe that there is no God or god,but @ d end of d day ,this people aintready to be converted,believe u,see things from your view,and drop the God

so don't u think u should stop

since u want to be an atheist,its d path uve chosen ,let them choose their own paths
Re: Natural Born Atheist by huxley(m): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2008
rampant:

r u not tired of condemning ,criticising and juging them christians/muslims? u want them to see things from your own view,or u'd rather they believe that there is no God or god,but @ d end of d day ,this people aintready to be converted,believe u,see things from your view,and drop the God

so don't u think u should stop

since u want to be an atheist,its d path uve chosen ,let them choose their own paths

No
Re: Natural Born Atheist by rampant(f): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2008
huxley:

No

ok keep trying sweetie,but i bet u,it aint gonna change a thing
Re: Natural Born Atheist by huxley(m): 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2008
rampant:

ok keep trying sweetie,but i bet u,it aint going to change a thing

True, you may not de-convert, which is not my aim, but you will have learnt something new. I bet you did not know the difficulty with the question of the origin of sin before, did you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God / Looks Like The Lord Is Stepping Up The Refining Process In Nigeria / Watching Merlin, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Ring Etc, Will Lead You To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.