Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Catholics: Are You Convinced That The Holy Communion Is Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics: Are You Convinced That The Holy Communion Is Jesus? (385 Views)

Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. / He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Catholics: Are You Convinced That The Holy Communion Is Jesus? by Keluong(m): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2013
I am from a catholic family. I ve done baptism, 1st holy communion and confirmation at early ages. As I am saying this, I find it hard to believe that the holy communion bread is jesus. Infact, during the recent feast of christ the king; during the procession, I felt uneasy when the bread was raised. Cos I saw people shouting and singing. Some crying. I was like wtf. When the feeling rose, I almost asked the next person beside me how he sees it as jesus, but I witheld. I did not want anyone to see me as strange cos most of my friends have known me as a communicant for over 10 years. So, I want to sincerely ask the question. How do you see the the bread being raised? how do you even feel the need to praise the bread or shout when the bread is being raised. When in cathechism, I was told that the bread is an ordinary bread before consecration, and it becomes body and blood of christ after consecration. But the consecration on its own is not even a special event. Its just some words and I dont feel anything specialhappens during consecration. So are there people like me? what is your take on this?
Re: Catholics: Are You Convinced That The Holy Communion Is Jesus? by try69: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
It's like asking me if I actually saw Jesus before I believed he is Lord.

Blessed is he who has not seen and yet believed.

Jesus gave his disciple bread and wine but said "this is my body and blood". He also said "my body is real food, my blood is real drink".

Have you asked why some apostles ran away at first if they actually saw/ate flesh?

Thomas wanted to see his side and when he told him to put his finger, he cried "my LORD and my GOD" (hope you remember this part of mass.)

FAITH! brother FAITH!!

God bless you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 21st Of December 2013 / Why Are Classical Christmas Songs Irreplaceable? / The Catholic Faith, Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.