Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,221 members, 7,860,407 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:32 AM

It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! (2144 Views)

U.S. Intelligence Officials Demand That Obama Release MH-17 Intel / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London / El Hadj Obama Sends Hillary To Abidjan To Legitimate The Killing Of Thousands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by 4Play(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2008
davidylan:

McCain always knew he would the standout candidate to replace Bush either after 4 or 8 years . . . it was imperative that he distance himself from Bush's failings to stand a chance.

Ah . . . . . not only is McCain a mere opportunist in this regard but he also seems to possess the prescience of Nostrademus! Given that McCain was a thorn in Bush's side when Bush was extremely popular(hitting 90% approval ratings),he must have possessed the ability of a sorcerer to forsee that Bush would become less popular and thus,it would become "imperative" to distance himself from Bush.

Why is that a problem? A stable middle east will solve a large portion of the world's energy crisis.

A stable Middle East? Can you name one sustained period in history when the Middle East was stable? Nobody should use the terms "stable" and "Middle East" in a sentence.

Basing policy on the prospects of a stable Middle East verges on lunacy.
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 02, 2008
Tayo-D:

Offshore drilling is one step towards solving the enrgy crisis. Not only should we drill offshore, but we should go to ENWR and utilise the shales in colorado as well. The shales in Colorado alone will supply the US current oil demand for over 100 years. Nuclear power needs to be expanded. It has does not contribute to the green-house effect, and is as safe and clean as anything you can imagine. They wont even let us use the coal we have in abundance abundance due to the environmental wackos. A coal plant here in MN was just changed from coal-burning to gas burning because of environmentalists pressure. Not only does this raise our power bills, it makes us more dependent on foreign sources. How sane is that. Google big Stone II and find out wha the same environmentalist nut-jobs are doing. And by the way, do you think our refusing to drill offshore will 100% solve our energy needs?

Here is a list of Messiah McCain's own "accomplishments" when it comes to his avowed "support" for increasing America's energy resource:

[size=13pt]1999: McCain, Campaigning In California, Endorsed A Moratorium On Offshore Oil Drilling.[/size] "For a moment, Republican presidential hopeful John McCain almost sounded like a San Francisco liberal. The Arizona senator said yesterday that gays and lesbians would be welcome to serve in his administration. He decried the influence of money in politics. He endorsed a moratorium on offshore oil drilling." [San Francisco Chronicle, 7/29/99]
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by Kobojunkie: 5:16am On Aug 02, 2008
McCain, a messiah?? eeeekkk!!!!!

I am confused, I don't know if I should shudder or laugh at the thought,
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by 4Play(m): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2008
davidylan:

Here is a list of Messiah McCain's own "accomplishments" when it comes to his avowed "support" for increasing America's energy resource:

[size=13pt]1999: McCain, Campaigning In California, Endorsed A Moratorium On Offshore Oil Drilling.[/size] "For a moment, Republican presidential hopeful John McCain almost sounded like a San Francisco liberal. The Arizona senator said yesterday that gays and lesbians would be welcome to serve in his administration. He decried the influence of money in politics. He endorsed a moratorium on offshore oil drilling." [San Francisco Chronicle, 7/29/99]

This story dates back to 1999,yet,you are still wondering why McCain is described as a 'maverick' Republican and still suggesting that he took different policy positions to Bush merely out of personal convenience.

The most important thing is that McCain,like most Americans,has changed his position on drilling to reflect the new economic reality. Obama continues to behave like nothing has changed although he too seems to be prepared to shift his position:

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Friday he would be willing to support limited additional offshore oil drilling if that's what it takes to enact a comprehensive policy to foster fuel-efficient autos and develop alternate energy sources.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080801/ap_on_el_pr/obama
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by SeanT21(f): 12:32am On Aug 03, 2008
@ Tayo-d

Did You call McCain a Gentlemen. Do you not know that McCain left his first wife, who was in the hospital at that time, to marry Cindy McCain after he came back from war. Hell No he ain't no gentlemen.
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by TayoD1(m): 3:36am On Aug 04, 2008
@SeanT21,

Did You call McCain a Gentlemen. Do you not know that McCain left his first wife, who was in the hospital at that time, to marry Cindy McCain after he came back from war. Hell No he ain't no gentlemen.
I used the word gentleman with respect to this campaign. Please go back and verify that.
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by darfur(m): 3:54am On Aug 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

McCain, a messiah?? eeeekkk!!!!!

I am confused, I don't know if I should shudder or laugh at the thought,

grin grin grin grin grin

laugh my brother laugh cheesy

this is the biggest joke in this thread grin grin grin
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by BigB11(m): 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2008
Senator John McCain: A temperamental, dangerously unstable presidential candidate

They were right, of course, but still, deep down the journalists secretly admired the assholes.

Along comes John McCain -- an asshole, but an asshole who is nice to them, an asshole who comes to back of the plane and jokes around with them and doesn't make them feel unmanly. Why, sometimes, it seemed as if McCain really liked them. A few years of this, and suddenly McCain's not a temperamental, dangerously unstable asshole, he's a "maverick."

But the self-esteem issues of the weakling press notwithstanding, McCain is, in fact, an asshole. An asshole who wants to be the President of the United States. As an asshole senator, he the sort of guy who says things like:

• "Only an asshole would put a budget together like this!" (to New Mexico Republican Pete Dominici)

• "I'm calling you a fucking jerk!" (to Iowa Republican Senator Chuck Grassley)

• "Bleep you. I know more about this than anybody in the room." (To Texas Republican Senator John Cornyn)

This is why Senator Dominici said in 2000 that "I decided I didn't want this guy anywhere near a trigger." It is presumed by this he meant the nuclear trigger.

McCain is also the sort of guy who would tell the following joke:

Q: Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?

A: Her father is Janet Reno.

This is the sort of humor assholes find funny. When he told the joke, Chelsea Clinton was seventeen years old. Some say when you open an attack like this on the looks of someone who did not ask to be thrust into the public eye, you invite similar attacks in your own direction.

In speaking about whether he had ever witnessed McCain's notorious temper problem, former Pennsylvania Republican Senator Rick Santorum said, "I don't know anybody in the Senate who hasn't. Everybody has their McCain story."

And if America elects this temperamental, dangerously unstable, angry old asshole, America will have its own McCain story too.

http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=John_McCain
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by BigB11(m): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2008
Fu ck the experience; In United States, president mostly doesn't make 90% of his decisions alone.
This is why it is extremely crucial for Americans to select a presidential candidate who has a top-notch interpersonal skill, who thinks broadly, who is capable of connecting directly to American people, who is kind, who is naturally intelligent, who is able to communicate effectively, who is respected and accepted by American allies, who is able to juggle multiple task at the same time, who is able to answer simple questions without choking anybody, who is a great listener and finally who is not controlled by a strong daily medication.
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2008
Big B1:

Fu ck the experience; In United States, president mostly doesn't make 90% of his decisions alone.
This is why it is extremely crucial for Americans to select a presidential candidate who has a top-notch interpersonal skill, who thinks broadly, who is capable of connecting directly to American people, who is kind, who is naturally intelligent, who is able to communicate effectively, who is respected and accepted by American allies, who is able to juggle multiple tasks at the same time, who is able to answer simple questions without choking anybody, who is a great listener and finally who is not controlled by strong daily medication.

And will this be all characteristics of Obama or are you talking about someone else?
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by BigB11(m): 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2008
What do you think?
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2008
personal sentiments. . .
i wan laugh die. . juggle multiple task. haha .  Omo give example.

Respected and accepted by Americas allies like Iran. His most notable supporter is the president of Iran, go figure.

Capable of connecting directly with the people . . how? Because of his background, or his great speeches.

who is a great listener, I wonder how you pulled that one out.

Interpersonal skill, broad thinker and naturally intelligent. . . I guess these are the reasons he voted present on tough issues. Side stepping important issues to strenghten is romance with the public.

Obama is a great political speaker nothing more. . . is contribution to political issues are very minute.

Both Presidential Candidates are sooo subpar, it's not easy
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by SeanT21(f): 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2008
@ Big B1

I agree. McCain do have bad a temper.
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by BigB11(m): 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2008
@LASIEFAIRE:

I challenge your man (McCain) to miss his daily dosage (Prozac); and I guarantee you that you will witness him at his best.
Many in DC know this fact; they know what this maniac is capable of doing.

Who wants a president that is controlled by medication?

At the age of 47 years, John McCain openly voted against MLK day, without any tangible reasons. He felt like MLK did not deserve that honor and the day (MLK day) would be another wasted day and money. What a slowpoke! Please feel free to check him out as he wiggles his way around trying to explain his mentally deranged position on rejecting MLK day.
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/04/04/mccain-voted-against-mlk-day-at-almost-50-years-of-age/

While many all over the world are seeking for peace and unity, John McCain is busy composing a song to bomb Iran
" He (Senator John McCain) sings BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN, and then laughs ,  what a creepy little man. Please feel free to check him out on:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAzBxFaio1I

Furthermore, Mccain is widely known and very good at calling his audience, associates and reporters names without any hesitation. The man finds it extremely difficult to complete a statement without using dirty street language which is obscene, profane or vulgar.
The big question is: Who needs a president like him?
It is apparent that at his old age senility has set in. He needs to take a class in how to make friends, influence people and communicate his message effectively. Instead of calling people jerks and stupid 24 times a day.

In fact, just few weeks ago, Senator John McCain also cracked another expensive joke about killing Iranians by exporting cigarette to Iran to kill them off.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/08/mccains-latest-iran-dud-m_n_111553.html

Is this what leading the greatest country in the world is all about?
Forget everything else and just focus for a moment; once again, do you really think John McCain is a better man for this job?
It is a matter of using one's common sense effectively; you need not to be a scientist to figure out that Senator John McCain absolutely doesn't have what it takes to effectively lead United State of America to the promise land.
For Christ sake, this is not the Star Wars Battlefront II Playstation 2 game This is electing the most powerful man in the world.
John McCain is a crackpot that needs to be put away from the public.

There is no question, it is clear to all that John McCain (at all levels) can not be compared to the magnificent qualities of leadership style Barack Obama is capable of bring to the white house to restore the incredible USA solid stamina back to normal; if you can't see this, it means something serious isalso wrong with you.

John McCain's grades:
1. Personality = Zero
2. Intelligence = Zero
3. Sense of Humour = Zero
5. Communication Skill = Zero
6. Leadership Skill = Zero
7. Choice of Language = Zero
6. World Current Affairs = - Zero
8. Inspiration = Zero

The man is empty from the top to the bottom and also from the bottom to the top.
Could someone please identify this substance the blockheads continue to mention when McCain's name is called?
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by BigB11(m): 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2008
The selection of Hillary Clinton as Obama running mate will completely disable this reckless time bomb called McCain, and probably sends him straight to the nursing home; where I think he belongs.
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by TayoD1(m): 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2008
@BigB1,

You should at least try to acknowledge the sources of your information. It is obvious from the write-up below that you are not the author.

Regarding the below however, I do not see anything about policy statement. This is the continuation of the all rhetoric, no substance that is characteristic of the Obama-Democratic camp.

I challenge your man (McCain) to miss his daily dosage (Prozac); and I guarantee you that you will witness him at his best.
Many in DC know this fact; they know what this maniac is capable of doing.

Who wants a president that is controlled by medication?

At the age of 47 years, John McCain openly voted against MLK day, without any tangible reasons. He felt like MLK did not deserve that honor and the day (MLK day) would be another wasted day and money. What a slowpoke! Please feel free to check him out as he wiggles his way around trying to explain his mentally deranged position on rejecting MLK day.
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/04/04/mccain-voted-against-mlk-day-at-almost-50-years-of-age/

While many all over the world are seeking for peace and unity, John McCain is busy composing a song to bomb Iran
" He (Senator John McCain) sings BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN, and then laughs ,  what a creepy little man. Please feel free to check him out on:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAzBxFaio1I

Furthermore, Mccain is widely known and very good at calling his audience, associates and reporters names without any hesitation. The man finds it extremely difficult to complete a statement without using dirty street language which is obscene, profane or vulgar.
The big question is: Who needs a president like him?
It is apparent that at his old age senility has set in. He needs to take a class in how to make friends, influence people and communicate his message effectively. Instead of calling people jerks and stupid 24 times a day.

In fact, just few weeks ago, Senator John McCain also cracked another expensive joke about killing Iranians by exporting cigarette to Iran to kill them off.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/08/mccains-latest-iran-dud-m_n_111553.html

Is this what leading the greatest country in the world is all about?
Forget everything else and just focus for a moment; once again, do you really think John McCain is a better man for this job?
It is a matter of using one's common sense effectively; you need not to be a scientist to figure out that Senator John McCain absolutely doesn't have what it takes to effectively lead United State of America to the promise land.
For Christ sake, this is not the Star Wars Battlefront II Playstation 2 game This is electing the most powerful man in the world.
John McCain is a crackpot that needs to be put away from the public.

There is no question, it is clear to all that John McCain (at all levels) can not be compared to the magnificent qualities of leadership style Barack Obama is capable of bring to the white house to restore the incredible USA solid stamina back to normal; if you can't see this, it means something serious isalso wrong with you.

John McCain's grades:
1. Personality = Zero
2. Intelligence = Zero
3. Sense of Humour = Zero
5. Communication Skill = Zero
6. Leadership Skill = Zero
7. Choice of Language = Zero
6. World Current Affairs = - Zero
8. Inspiration = Zero

The man is empty from the top to the bottom and also from the bottom to the top.
Could someone please identify this substance the blockheads continue to mention when McCain's name is called?

The selection of Hillary Clinton as Obama running mate will completely disable this reckless time bomb called McCain, and probably sends him straight to the nursing home; where I think he belongs.
Your abusing this man over his age, who has achieved more excellently in his lifetime than you could ever dream of does not potray you as a serious minded folk. You accuse him of not addressing people rightly and here you've done much worse. Hypocrite.
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by BigB11(m): 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2008
You should at least try to acknowledge the sources of your information. It is obvious from the write-up below that you are not the author.

What is this dude talking about? If it's going to make you feel better about yourself, I challenge you to dig out the author!
You must have confusedly mixed me up with others.
My man, you need to slow down and pay attention!

I have done nothing wrong, but presented a widely known fact about the old man that doesn't give a shit about anyone, but his defective ego.
It is obvious to many (including a great number of the republicans) that the man is severely confused and simply lost; his addiction to power has completely enslaved him.

He absolutely has nothing to offer, and this is one of the reasons why he has changed (or reduced the standard of) his campaign strategy to negatively attack obama's great image.
If this is what presidential election is all about, I'm sorry, something serious is wrong with some of us.

Again, one needs not to be a scientist to figure out the intention of an intruder; it's all common sense.
One's character says a lot about their capability; my man, I'm sorry to inform you that Senator John McCain is not the man and will never be.

And instead of wasting your time attacking Big B1, why not focus more on the subject?
Big B1 is not the one running for the presidential election.
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by otele(m): 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2008
una for cool down look at the politics wey de happen for naija. . . . wetin concern una with ame. ok i understand for person wey live there but at the end of the day, we be naijans. our own politics is pure rubbish
Re: It Is Clear That Obama Needs Hillary To Win; Period! by BigB11(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2008
FYI: When John McCain graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1958, he was ranked 894 out of 899 students.

This means Senator John McCain had extremely bad grades (bunch of D's and may be 1 or 2 C's) in college. So when the man tells you that he doesn't have brain to solve your economic problem; he's damn serious.
When the man mixes things up between Sunni and Shia; it is real and not a joke
And when the man struggles to read on the national TV; it is for real and not a Saturday Night Life.

The question is: Are the Americans ready or deserve another witless president?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama And Putin Exchanged Death Stares At G20 / Secret Deal Between U.s Government And Taliban / China Will Defend Its Influence In N. Korea/usa War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.