Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? (3442 Views)

"Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? / Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? / Bad Habits Of Your Spouse That You Can't Stand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by blackbeau1(f): 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Nairalanders,my friend has an issue that I would like you guys to help her resolve.She has been dating this guy for about 5years now and she really loves him.in the second year of their relationship,she got to meet his family and she disliked them on sight but then,she decided that since the relationship would probably amount to nothing,she would just tolerate them.now,this guy has proposed to her but she is confused.she really wants to accept the proposal but she can't stand his family.what should she do? Considering the fact that in most nigerian marriages,you are automatically married to the family and besides,the guy is very close to his family.
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by bellong: 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
She can stand his family?

What has the family done that she can't stand them. I would rather advised the guy to run for his dear life except he can withstand someone who will scatter his family.

1 Like

Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Toktee(m): 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
Liar,you start ur post as"i can't stand his family"then you continued from the body of the post as "my friend"the question is who are you lieing to?
You have a problem,table it here as a member so that matured people will help you with advice,instead you decide to hide under ur friend,beside how can you hate someone at the first sight,except you come from a broken home,how can you married to a guy and thnk he should lock his family outside cos of you,who are you;a total stranger?
Look like u have a personal problems.
WARNING,JAY BEE STAY OFF MY TAIL!
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
If you must marry a man,you must be able to stand his family, like it or not.The only option here is to leave this man to find a woman that regards his family.
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by jeffizy(m): 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
I will want you to accept this suggestion even though it may sound hard.

Pls Quit .

For you to have such a first impression of your 'imminent in-laws', then I don't see how that impression will change.

I'm guessing you and your boo are Nigerians. With that, you know a new couple can't go too far without the extended family.
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by pickabeau1: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
why does she not like the familiy... does she have a bad feeling about them
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
Jeffizy why can't a new couple go far without extended family,can you elaborate on that statement?
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by pickabeau1: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
byvan: Jeffizy why can't a new couple go far without extended family,can you elaborate on that statement?

Let me ask you another way, do you parents or in laws have any involvement in your family now
If YES.. Imagine they were not there, how will you have coped

If No... well thats life
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
What do you mean by involvement??involvement of what sort?i mean apart from visiting them when you wish to,calling to know how they are faring,which other involvement are we talking about?
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by pickabeau1: 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
Involvement is what it is.. (no need for the double kweshion marks smiley)

Do you believe extended family have a role to play in a marriage... thats it
The extent of the role may differ but some posters believe in me and my husband,,, what is your take

If you want involvement to be limited to courtesy calls and visits,, no problem
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Jazz247: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
This is a lifetime decision.
PLEASE QIUT, QIUT AND QUIT.
Follow your instinct. This is my 2kobo for u.
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Biola If double question marks bothers you,you could have easily chose one and leave the other,couldn't you? tongue.

You clarified my question with your last paragraph. Yeah,i guess involvement is what it is,even if it doesn't entail encroachment of any sort.
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by pickabeau1: 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
byvan: You clarified my question with your last paragraph. Yeah,i guess involvement is what it is,even if it doesn't entail encroachment of any sort.

No problem... youve answered my question

Generally having a good relationship with inlaws is a good recipe for a successful marriage however it is not a pre requisite..
Every (wo)man to h(er)is marriage
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
A successful marriage is" what it is",a good relationship with inlaws is also"what it is",both independent of the other.You can have a great relationship with your in law but yet your marriage is in shambles.

Though Op must accept a man's family before thinking of marrying him.The rest of my post is for discussion's sake.

1 Like

Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
'his family ke' . . . I've got news for you oh, as soon as theyget married, they become her family.

The way I see it, she has just 2 options . . . learn to love them or end it now!
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Kanwulia: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
It is better to be respected than loved. The only thing she owes the family members is respect! If she cannot practice that, she becomes A MATRIMONIAL FAILURE!!! kiss

She does not have to LOVE OR LIKE THEM and vice versa! kiss

In marriage, you LEARN to be the greatest AMBASSADOR, DIPLOMAT, PSYCHOLOGIST AND POLITICIAN.

All the above DO NOT REQUIRE BEING LIKED OR LOVED!!!!

The world does not revolve around "her royal highness'! She needs to grow up! kiss

2 Likes

Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Tachere: 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
This person is nt serious o. U dated someone for five years and u hv nt come to terms with his family? U dnt hv any biz in dt xtnship. Before we cn hlp u, we nid 2 kw y u dnt lik ur inlaws. Shikena.
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by onegig(m): 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kanwulia: It is better to be respected than loved. The only thing she owes the family members is respect! If she cannot practice that, she becomes A MATRIMONIAL FAILURE!!! kiss

In marriage, you LEARN to be the greatest AMBASSADOR, DIPLOMAT, PSYCHOLOGIST AND POLITICIAN.

The world does not revolve around "her royal highness'! She needs to grow up! kiss

Never knew such a day would come.

But i guess, suprises do happen.

1 Like

Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
onegig: Never knew such a day would come.

It means you've haven't paid enough attention. She often makes a ton of sense in the midst of her craze and is actually a nice, sensitive person. She needs Jesus! tongue grin But, she's really cool people. smiley

1 Like

Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Kanwulia: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
Amen!!!! grin
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
Onegig, u never really know kanwulia.
Ile just said it, her posts r one of the posts I look forward to reading cos its very matured, blunt and straight to the point. The kind of posts that will still make u ponder the next day after reading them.
The rest is just for fun. Her own way.

1 Like

Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by taryour(f): 6:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
Op its better you start searching for a guy whom you can stand his family. But wait a minute what exactly did his family do to you Hmm I can imagine how hurt that guy must feel when he finds out you can't stand his family.
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by SisiKill1: 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
How does one stick to a relationship that won't "amount to nothing" for 5 years?!!

I think it is safe to say your friend is the one with the issue here and sooner she sought help for it the better (for her).
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by baralatie(m): 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kanwulia: It is better to be respected than loved. The only thing she owes the family members is respect! If she cannot practice that, she becomes A MATRIMONIAL FAILURE!!! kiss

and it is this tinking dat makes some women to be called al sorts!
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by bellong: 9:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
baralatie:

What is wrong with her submission?

1 Like

Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Kanwulia: 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
baralatie:

You can't please everybody abi? kiss
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 19, 2013
she has a built-in hatred for his family,her marriage wont work out well,its better she dumps her resentment for the guy's family,or ready to face the music,which wont help her in the long run....
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 19, 2013
onegig: Never knew such a day would come.

Trust me, she's one of the most sensible posters on here! Maybe she doesn't say it the way other people say it but she makes a lot of sense. I actually respect her a lot!

Just remove all form of bias from ur mind when reading her posts and u'll get the message.

There are times when u got to scratch head when reading her posts sha oo undecided

1 Like

Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by jeffizy(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2013
byvan: Jeffizy why can't a new couple go far without extended family,can you elaborate on that statement?
Got this late.
I didn't mean a new couple can't survive without the extended family. In fact it's best if they stand alone.
But the 'undue' interference is what they can hardly avoid. They may try, but the family tries harder to get involved.
Maybe I should re-phrase the earlier post.
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by onegig(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
alutacontinua:

Trust me, she's one of the most sensible posters on here! Maybe she doesn't say it the way other people say it but she makes a lot of sense. I actually respect her a lot!

Just remove all form of bias from ur mind when reading her posts and u'll get the message.

There are times when u got to scratch head when reading her posts sha oo undecided
I would from now on.

I usually gloss over posts with all caps on and she' s fond of using that and she sometimes comes out very agressive .
Re: She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? by bluuu: 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2013
^^ i usually dont read kanwulia's posts till i saw this thread.is she married cos the way she writes is soo cr..asy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Groceries For Your Family At Their Cheapest, You'd Be Shocked / I Am Tired Of This "Stay At Home Already" / My

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.