Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians (2669 Views)

The Final Year Uniben Student Who Knelt Down In Class(the Real Truth). / The Final Result Of The 2015 Presidential Election By Prof Jega / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Good day my fellow Nigerians, I salute you all with the warmest of greetings from the depth of my heart. I say a big salutation to both the men and women, boys and girls, employed and unemployed, Christian and Muslim as well as the traditional believers. My greetings extend to both the Nigeria resident in Nigeria and that resident abroad. Not forgetting the man in the North, South, East and of cause the man in the West. I also extend my sincere greetings to the politicians and elites as well as those who are merely surviving from hand to mouth.

It is with an extremely heavy heart I try to put myself together to write this piece. I will try to make it as brief as I can and as straight forward as possible.
In the past 11months or so, Nigerian political terrain has been witnessed with some of the most scariest and dumbest scenarios we have ever experienced in Nigeria’s history as an independent nation over 5 decades.
Nigeria has been thrown into mockery in the global scene with every foreign senator, media house and consulate making jest of Nigeria and Nigerians at every slightest opportunity they have.
I will go a while back on how I managed to come up with my present state of mind. I have always be a very young and passionate Nigerian who believed as a boy that when I am of age, I will do everything within my might to see that things became better during my generation. I always had a strong will deep inside of me that if it will take the last drop of my life to see that I leave this world and Nigeria in particular a better place than I met it then I will sacrifice such blood.

As I grew holder and had the opportunity to participate a tertiary school politics, it then dawned on me that the problem of Nigeria is most likely NEVER going to end even in the next 5 millenniums (5 million years). Participating in school 9University) politics made me realize that 99 in every 100 Nigerian has his mind and soul eaten and rotten with the thoughts of corruption. From the old to the young, man and woman, boys and girls, our nation has been swallowed but corruption and loss of conscience.
How to you justify a scenario where young individuals in their prime contest for departmental offices in their tertiary institutions and if elected in, all they do is consume the entire associations money without impacting any positive impact in the lives of those who voted them in.

Now, how do we ever get to explain how come the most wicked, sycophants and pretenders of this world are resident in our so called religious houses? We find the biggest hypocrites and corrupt minded set of men and women heading the religious houses whereby they preach one thing to their congregation members and do another thing behind. Whereby they use the name of God to steal from people. They watch people donating their last dime and their conscience cannot prevent them from taking from that jobless man why they know if he makes that donation is most likely going to go to bed on an empty stomach.

We keep crying fowl that our politicians don’t care about us whereas, instead of coming out to speak the truth, we have ethicized and put religious sentiments in every one of our judgment. When careless if a man is performing in office or not, all our negative judgment is only put forward if such a man is not from the same ethnicity or religion as we are.
I will like to take you in brief into my personal life, I grew up being a die hard (when I mean die hard) supporter of General Muhammed Buhari. When the general contested against Former president Olusegun Obasanjo and lost in that election, I went on 3 straight hunger strike, by the forth day, I was rushed into a private hospital in Lagos and drip was rushed into my body system like a flowing tap. I have Never in my entire life been passionate about anything or someone before.

4years later the general contested once again against Late Umar Yaradua and again he lost. That was the last straw in my voting in any election in Nigeria. I tore my voters card, swore never to get another even if I will be paid for it and decided to luck my mind on politics in Nigeria. This feelings crept up from the thought that the ‘ONLY’ man who would have saved Nigeria and Nigerians is being denied his rightful votes because in my opinion “Buhari will totally eradicate corruption in Nigeria”.

Was I right? Well I thought I was, not until the so called messiah of Nigerian Politics started wining and dinning with the GREATEST POLITICAL CRIMINALS OF ALL TIME and even went to form a political party with them, then I knew it was FINISHED for a better Nigeria to ever happen. Afterall a supposed ‘saint’ should never be found in the same circus with criminals no matter how desperate he might crave for power.

Henceforth, I decided to wipe my hands off politics and political discussions in Nigeria because as it currently appears, Nigeria political system is being run by men and women who have gulped out, chewed and swallowed the little conscience they might have ever had in them.

From Dino Milaye, Farouk Lawan, Muhammed Buhari, Nasir El- Rufai, Jonathan Goodluck, Lamido Sanusi Lamido, Rotimi Ameachim Aminu Tambuwwal, David Mark, Ngozi Okonjo Iwealla to every single politician and political office holder presently in Nigeria it’s a BIG SHAME to discover that absolutely none of them has a clean slate.

They only come out ranting when things are not going in their favour but even yet still wine and dine with those who reap the future of the present and unborn generation.

Nigerian youths, it is high time you all stop being puppet for these political class, it is hight time you desist from letting them create enmity amongst you all based on you ethnic and religious differences. They know the only way they can make you obey and support them against their political opponent and to make their political dreams a reality is when they implant hatred of ethnic and religious differences amongst you all.

4 Likes

Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
Both Goodluck Jonathan and Olusegun Obasanjo and even Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Muhammed Buhari do NOT mean well for Nigerians. Each and every one of these politicians is just interested in the National Treasury. They are just concerned in cutting a large chunk of the National cake and passing the knife over to their predecessor. If for any reason there is a misunderstanding in a slicing of the National cake, then they now throw out false tales to Nigerian youths and try desperately to turn the youths against themselves whereas they remain friends and plan in the wee hourse of the night over bottles of champagne and call girls how they can get to a compromise in their looting formular.

1 Like

Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 3:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
Nigerian youths, bear it in mind that the boy from the North, East or South who is also a Christian while you are a Muslim is a better friend than the so called politician who hails from your village and attends the same church with you.
Enough of them trying to turn your backs on eachother while they are engrossed in looting away money meant for the security of your unborn children.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by kliq(m): 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
"Open letters" -Trending!

It is well....God help Nigeria!

embarassed
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by ifyalways(f): 3:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
Coming up,lolo Ify's letter to Nze Musiwa. Haterz gonna chop mud cheesy

@OP,merry Christmas!
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
kliq: "Open letters" -Trending!

It is well....God help Nigeria!

embarassed

This is not just a self servicing and meaningless Open Letter.
Our Youths need to understand the gimmicks of these fraudulent politicians.
On the dailies Jonathan and Obasanjo will be cursing eachother, whereas at midnight, they are eating suya and peppersoup in Aso Rock, Abeokuta and Minaa.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
ifyalways: Coming up,lolo Ify's letter to Nze Musiwa. Haterz gonna chop mud cheesy

@OP,merry Christmas!

Wishing you a merry christmas too madam.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by Abuklaw(m): 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
Open letter to Acidtalk.
You've spoken the truth. Only God knows what can absolve this country of corruption. Smh for the gullible Nigerian that still gulp all the lies of this political class
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
Abuklaw: Open letter to Acidtalk.
You've spoken the truth. Only God knows what can absolve this country of corruption. Smh for the gullible Nigerian that still gulp all the lies of this political class

Until we drop religious and ethnic sentiments in this country, Nigeria can never move forward.

1 Like

Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by chi3280(m): 5:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
Are there no predictions from you for next year Mr Acidtalk? How many of your predictions for this year came true? cheesy cheesy

Anyway,excellent write up by you. Kudos!
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
chi 3280: Are there no predictions from you for next year Mr Acidtalk? How many of your predictions for this year came true? cheesy cheesy

Anyway,excellent write up by you. Kudos!

Like every known and unknown prophets (of today) my predictions even if they haven't been 100%. they are always way above 80% on point.

I never predict based on guesses or to be known, i only bring out predictions when led by the spirit to do so, Never for financial or popularity gains but rather as a warning to humanity.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by chi3280(m): 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
acidtalk:

Like every known and unknown prophets (of today) my predictions even if they haven't been 100%. they are always way above 80% on point.

I never predict based on guesses or to be known, i only bring out predictions when led by the spirit to do so, Never for financial or popularity gains but rather as a warning to humanity.
So when are you telling us your predictions for next year? I am waiting for it.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
^^^
Be rest assured that if there is need to bring forward any predictions you will get it, otherwise, i will rather keep quiet and not form my own predictions.

The issue on ground are far more important than the predictions for now.
Nigerians are sitting on a gun powder and if people do not retrace their footsteps, it will explode sooner than we all expect.
2015 is right around the corner and with the hatred and deceit in the land, i fear for the lives of the average man in the society.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by jamace(m): 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
Fellow members, please keep tap of this thread. It is about GEJ's developmental strides since coming to power:

https://www.nairaland.com/1557746/another-look-president-jonathan-achievements

Thank you for keeping faith with GEJ.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by Dibangoking(m): 6:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
Op...
I smell sentiments everywhere in your read...
So,because your love(buhari) broke your heart,you are now generalising the issue(corruption)...
#I would have loved to talk more but...#
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 6:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dibangoking: Op...
I smell sentiments everywhere in your read...
So,because your love(buhari) broke your heart,you are now generalising the issue(corruption)...
#I would have loved to talk more but...#

Please drop your dirty and myopic mentality at the gate of this thread. Don't you dare bring it in here to derail it okay?
If other people are wise enough to see that this thread is an advice to the Nigerian youths and not for blind bats like you who will look for every avenue to render people's good opinion bad just because your brains have been soaked and forgotten in detergents of hatred and confusion.

It would been better if you didn't comment at all.

Ewu 2 kobo
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by OAM4J: 6:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
When I saw your thread, I thought you were gong to give us another set of "prophesies"... but I get your message and you have a point.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by Ngwakwe: 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
@OP
Religion and Ethnicity is not our major problem per say rather more of personal interest and extended nepotism which lead to practical sentiments and bias in our decision making and how we render and receive services to and from the public.

Secondly, Class mentality and practices should be abolished and incriminated while reward system should be based on absolute merit and output rendered (the content of our characters, skills, experience, intelligent quotient and technical-know-how). Traditional laws should be scrapped where they target specific set of people.

Family system should be revitalised where the parents are punished because of the criminality of their wards under 16years.

Tax system should be changed to discourage transfer of inheritance and storage of wealth.

War should be declared against Indiscipline, Social Irresponsibilities and Corruption while the implementation should be enforced by the military under heavy supervision from barracks.

Community Policing should be fully implemented (Corps selected from the people by the people).

We need Social and Moral Crusade/ Re-orientation probably led by discipline Soldiers as in 1983 - 1985 while Constitution should be nullified where the war is impeded by universal human right laws for two years.

Nigeria needs extraordinary measures to work again.

1 Like

Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by adeoladrg(m): 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
If u ask me, I'll say this thread should be on the FP. This is the conclusion to all letters that av been written and those whose authors are already putting words together. They want to confuse you..
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 11:23am On Dec 19, 2013
OAM4J: When I saw your thread, I thought you were gong to give us another set of "prophesies"... but I get your message and you have a point.

If only every other Nigeria youth can set aside sentiments and see the message from a neutral point of view.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by Dibangoking(m): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
acidtalk:

Please drop your dirty and myopic mentality at the gate of this thread.
Oops...The last time I checked my mentality is not dirty,neither is it myopic.
acidtalk: Don't you dare bring it in here to derail it okay?
If other people are wise enough to see that this thread is an advice to the Nigerian youths and not for blind bats like you who will look for every avenue to render people's good opinion bad just because your brains have been soaked and forgotten in detergents of hatred and confusion.
#Grinning#
Is that all the insultive words you've got in the grey matter that lies in your cranium?
Yes I can see you have good points that can be used as advice.
But have got questions for you;
Must you be insultive to air out your feeling or opinion?
If Buhari had not broken your heart would you have come up with this sentimental write up?
It's vividly clear or should I say crystal clear that you were a minion of Buhari,who came up with this read as a result of a broken heart.
Nigeria is corrupt,that's right and we need help.
But we have to approach it with a sentiment free mind.
You talk of uniting Nigeria yet you're all grumpy and saucy,does that sound logical to you?
acidtalk:
It would been better if you didn't comment at all.

Ewu 2 kobo
I have no problem with you and I will never do.
Work on your temper.
You can't act well as an activist if you can't face or stand challenges or questioning to your opinions and writeups.

Last bullet; Yes Nigeria is dying and we can revive her by using SOME of the OP's points neglecting his sentiments...

1 Like

Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by ayodeldurango(m): 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
let us all join our hands together to create a nation free from tribalism,free from personal interest which leads to corruption.. let us join hands an elect a leader that merits being a leader not base on regional interest,tribe interest or tribe closeness or same ancestral origin. let us start from where we are already,from your home,church,street,community, in your school politics like the s.u.g...lets make a difference,lets create a new nigeria in this generation,lets be the nelson mandela of this era or generation. lets build up good legacy for our generation to come so that even when we are no longer their our past action can speak for us all.... YOUTHS OF NAIJA LETS STAND UP RELATE WITH ONE ANOTHER FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND BUILD A NAIJA WITH A GOOD PERSONALITY.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by jamace(m): 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
OAM4J: When I saw your thread, I thought you were gong to give us another set of "prophesies"... but I get your message and you have a point.
He is yet to consult with his ancestors for some prophesies. grin grin grin
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by Dibangoking(m): 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
ayodeldurango: YOUTHS OF NAIJA LETS STAND UP RELATE WITH ONE ANOTHER FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM.
Thanks jawe my fellow Nigerian...
That's the real deal...
And the Op is showing a PERFECT example. grin
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
ayodeldurango: let us all join our hands together to create a nation free from tribalism,free from personal interest which leads to corruption.. let us join hands an elect a leader that merits being a leader not base on regional interest,tribe interest or tribe closeness or same ancestral origin. let us start from where we are already,from your home,church,street,community, in your school politics like the s.u.g...lets make a difference,lets create a new nigeria in this generation,lets be the nelson mandela of this era or gener[b]ation. lets build up good legacy for our generation to come so that even when we are no longer their our past action can speak for us all.... YOUTHS OF NAIJA LETS STAND UP RELATE WITH ONE ANOTHER FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND BUILD A NAIJA WITH A GOOD PERSONALITY.[/b]

If only our youths will listen and adhere to the bolded above.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by Ngokafor(f): 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hmmmm...one of the few sensible threads in this section..@op compliments of the season...
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ngokafor: Hmmmm...one of the few sensible threads in this section..@op compliments of the season...

Same to you my dear.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 7:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
Dibangoking:
Thanks jawe my fellow Nigerian...
That's the real deal...
And the Op is showing a PERFECT example. grin

Thanks.
I believe strongly in a better Nigeria and i hope i live to see such.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
still hoping to see more Nigerian youths who are ready to give up sentimental wars and face the real enemies.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 4:33am On Dec 23, 2013
Moderators I have NEVER begged for my post to make front page but if sentiments are set aside you well know 98% of them deserve to be on frontpage.

This my letter as well deserve to make it because I well know that this message will HELP a lot of Nigerian youths to make a very critical and sensitive decisions in the coming future. Let's put sentiments aside and tell ourselves the truth.

If Obasanjo and Jonathan's letter can be known to ALL Nigerians let my letter be also come to the knowledge of people so that they can make a clear decision.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by Opey4luv(m): 6:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
If the well informed and sincere Nigerians should run away from politics because the current politicians are corrupt, we should all be prepared to be ruled by even more cruel ones in the future.
You run away from politics because he (your opponent ) is corrupt, he will cheat you, hand over to his son and his son will cheat your son.
For the safety of the Generations unborn, the truly patriotic Nigerians should not run away from politics.
Rather we should know it's a task we must complete with the last drop of our blood while also fighting against tribal and religion differences.
We are all Nigerians and shouldn't be hood-winked by these spurious letters meant to confuse us.
Re: The FINAL Open Letter To All Nigerians by acidtalk: 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
Opey4luv: If the well informed and sincere Nigerians should run away from politics because the current politicians are corrupt, we should all be prepared to be ruled by even more cruel ones in the future.
You run away from politics because he (your opponent ) is corrupt, he will cheat you, hand over to his son and his son will cheat your son.
For the safety of the Generations unborn, the truly patriotic Nigerians should not run away from politics.
Rather we should know it's a task we must complete with the last drop of our blood while also fighting against tribal and religion differences.
We are all Nigerians and shouldn't be hood-winked by these spurious letters meant to confuse us.

Wise talk.
That's why it is highly recommended that great mere from all spheres of the Economic sector all come out and give their bit as public servants. lots a successful CEO's will make it as good public leaders with genuine intention for development of the country and people's interest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poor Power Supply In Lagos Area Is Due To Vandalism Of The Gas Pipeline In Lagos / Youth Earnestly Ask For Abacha (YEAA) / Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.