Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? (2221 Views)

Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
It just got messier! The 11-page open letter to ex president Olusegun Obasanjo, purportedly written by his daughter, Senator Iyabo Obasanjo, is shrouded in controversy.

While other reports have emerged claiming that Senator Obasanjo has denied writing the letter, Vanguard Newspaper, the media house that claimed to have exclusively obtained the letter, hold firm to their side of the story.

Premium Times reports that members of the Obasanjo family have stated that Mrs. Obasanjo-Bello had nothing to do with the letter and alleged that presidency officials forged the letter as a way of getting back at Mr. Obasanjo over his acerbic letter to President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Popular Television station, Africa Independent Television (AIT) also weighed in on the issue, denying the letter with this statement:

The letter was allegedly written in response to the 18-page letter written by the retired General criticizing the present Jonathan-led administration.

The letter which was highly personal in nature criticized the former military Head of state as a father, a man, a leader and a statesman. That did not, however, mark the end of the surprise.

The nation was still trying to grasp the purpose of the letter which outrightly stated that the letter had no political undertones when the former Senator and PhD Holder announced that she had nothing to do with the letter nor had she written or sent the letter to anyone or organization. She was said to have made this denial in a call to a radio station.

In all these allegations and counter-allegations, there's yet to be an official statement from Senator Iyabo Obasanjo confirming or denying the authenticity of letter (although, there are unsubstantiated claims that she called in to Rainbow FM, a radio station in Ogun State, to deny the letter).

The question is - who wrote the letter?

Former presidential aspirant and Ovation Magazine CEO puts it best with this tweet:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-0P3kigwRGOk/UrG0oqyiD5I/AAAAAAAADr0/wErkzkLae88/s512/dele-momodu-tweet.JPG[/img]

If you haven't read the letter, you can find it here. It's quite long so take your time.

Share your thoughts on the allegations and who you think might be behind this controversial letter.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/who-wrote-iyabo-obasanjos-open-letter.html
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by Corlah: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
Na me grin
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
Corlah: Na me grin
If na you, you don turn celeb be that...lol
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by prymesolution: 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
This na Jamb question. It was in '98, '00, and '01 JAMB grin grin grin
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by Sloan: 4:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
If she is not, she should sue the Vanguard and make them prove that she wrote it. Her handwritten signature, delivery method if by email can be checked by MX records, if by hand it would have been couriered. Did they see her or did she come to their office? People would have seen her and their should be some CCTV cameras that captured her video while in their office. Why did only Vanguard publish it, who is in Vanguard that has either strong ties to Iyabo, OBJ or the GEJ government? Whose interest does the letter protect? Who has anything to gain from this letter? These are pointers to how to fish out those behind the letter.

BTW, the letter was scanned from a photocopy (look at the dark parts where the staple held the pages together). If it is now in PDF, it must have been converted after the scan. Why doesn't such a letter have her original, handwritten signature?
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by Adedayolayo(f): 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
Where in the world is Nigeria heading to?
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sloan: If she is not, she should sue the Vanguard and make them prove that she wrote it. Her handwritten signature, delivery method if by email can be checked by MX records, if by hand it would have been couriered. Did they see her or did she come to their office? People would have seen her and their should be some CCTV cameras that captured her video while in their office. Why did only Vanguard publish it, who is in Vanguard that has either strong ties to Iyabo, OBJ or the GEJ government? Whose interest does the letter protect? Who has anything to gain from this letter? These are pointers to how to fish out those behind the letter.

BTW, the letter was scanned from a photocopy (look at the dark parts where the staple held the pages together). If it is now in PDF, it must have been converted after the scan. Why doesn't such a letter have her original, handwritten signature?

I think other media houses are skeptical about publishing it because they can't validate the authenticity of the letter.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by IbokUtoroh(m): 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
google i think should be able to answer this question.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
IbokUtoroh: google i think should be able to answer this question.

There are some things Google can't help you with.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by Kairoseki77: 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Abati wrote the letter himself.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77: I wouldn't be surprised if Abati wrote the letter himself.

I really doubt it though. I would be disappointed it he did.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by donphilopus: 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
The writer of the letter should be castrated, if caught.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by Kairoseki77: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
infonubia:

I really doubt it though. I would be disappointed it he did.

On the thread with the letter, one of the most liked comments is about how "lucky" Goodluck is because Iyabo's open letter came at the perfect time.

GEJ was a little too lucky, if you ask me. wink

11 page letters do not write themselves. Anyone who writes a letter like that must benefit from it somehow, and GEJ's camp is the only group that benefitted. So they are the prime suspects.

Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

On the thread with the letter, one of the most liked comments is about how "lucky" Goodluck is because Iyabo's open letter came at the perfect time.

11 page letters do not write themselves. Anyone who writes a letter like that must benefit from it somehow, and GEJ's camp is the only group that benefitted. So they are the prime suspects.

Good point.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
donphilopus: The writer of the letter should be castrated, if caught.

Ha! That's a little too much. lol
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by prymesolution: 6:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77: I wouldn't be surprised if Abati wrote the letter himself.

Though, the president seem to benefit from this letter, I don't think Abati wrote it.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by tpia5: 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Adedayo layo: Where in the world is Nigeria heading to?

Oloun l'omo.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
Vanguard seem to be confident that this letter is genuine.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 7:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
Just read about Olusegun Osoba's confirmation that he met Iyabo Obasanjo during his trip to the United States in September 2013 and she expressed some of the concerns in the letter.

Until Iyabo makes an official statement, it's just a hearsay.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by gtrust: 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

You don't think Iyabo Obasanjo have anything to benefit right

Go see how the babe dey suffer for snow in America and her Dad was Military Head of State and the 8 Years Civilian President yet she has to work
The little house she lived in Abuja belonging to her father, Obj wants that house back.

Working and earning money in the SNOW and using all that money to pay gas bill no be fun oh!

Ask FFK why he ran away from England and currently 'seeking' employment in Nigeria by 'association.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by Jarus(m): 7:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
My own reading of the situation is this: Iyabo shared his dissatisfaction with his father with someone (maybe a confidante) and that one went ahead, obviously not at the behest of Iyabo, to write the letter to stir controversy or sold the information to anti-Obj elements. 2 things informed this my line of thought: 1, The facts revealed in the letter are too detailed to be guess work; 2, Osoba's confirmation.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 8:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Jarus: My own reading of the situation is this: Iyabo shared his dissatisfaction with his father with someone (maybe a confidante) and that one went ahead, obviously not at the behest of Iyabo, to write the letter to stir controversy or sold the information to anti-Obj elements. 2 things informed this my line of thought: 1, The facts revealed in the letter are too detailed to be guess work; 2, Osoba's confirmation.

Good observation Jarus. The letter is too detailed to be cooked up by some outsider.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by aakingbade: 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
u guys are just here to make noise all the time and never stepping out to do something
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
aakingbade: u guys are just here to make noise all the time and never stepping out to do something
What could be done in this situation?
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by prymesolution: 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
It seems like Vanguard has got some more up their sleeves. More revelation to come...
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by 99100(m): 11:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
Iyabo Obasanjo did.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
iyabo obasanjo did
the letter is too detailed to be a fogery
only iyabo obasanjo would know such details and inner workings of the obasanjo family
no amount of denial can change that
the cat is out of the bag!
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by Kanwulia: 12:02am On Dec 19, 2013
Dele Momodu's comment is funny!!!!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

E be like say nor be h-only OBJ sabi to write letter o! grin
OBJ the INC/ES/TOUS, WIFE-BEATER!!!!

Mu he he he he he he

*belchezzzzzz*
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by Brimmie(m): 12:31am On Dec 19, 2013
It was written by inSincere9gerian, edited by Reuben Abati, and published by a mo'ron at Vanguard.

Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 19, 2013
What about Osoba? Could not Osoba have written that letter? Just saying sha.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 4:44am On Dec 19, 2013
tpacalipse: What about Osoba? Could not Osoba have written that letter? Just saying sha.
I don't think Osoba would go that far. But hey, it's politics, anything can happen.
Re: Who Wrote 'Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter' To Her Father? by infonubia(m): 4:50am On Dec 19, 2013
99/100:
Iyabo Obasanjo did.
Let's hope we get more info.

Spell Cast On Fayose For His Death Wish For Buhari (video) / Buhari Formally Applies to UCLES (Cambridge) For his Certificate / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion)