Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,145 members, 7,863,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:54 AM

Arewa: Indeed We Are Parasites - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa: Indeed We Are Parasites (731 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / Igbo People In Lagos State Are Parasites And Unproductive To The State GDP / Northern Politicians Are Parasites And Beggars- Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa: Indeed We Are Parasites by DeepZone: 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
Thursday, July 31, 2008 Printer Friendly Version

[size=14pt]ACF disagrees with northern governors on alleged laziness [/size]

By Segun Olatunji, Kaduna

The Arewa Consultative Forum on Wednesday disagreed with the 19 northern state governors that northerners were not parasites on other regions of the country.

ACF said that indeed, “northerners are lazy and parasites” on other regions, pointing out that there was no reason to run away from the truth.

This was contained in a statement on Wednesday by the ACF National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Anthony Sani.

It, however, said that the people of the Niger Delta were responsible for the economic woes of the North, having raided the people of the Middle Belt who were part of the North as slaves for the whites during the colonial days.

The forum also flayed the Senate President, David Mark, over his comment that the organisation consisted of failed politicians who were in the habit of imposing their views on northerners.

Apparently referring to the controversy surrounding the victory of the Senate President at the election petitions tribunal, ACF said, “Winning election is one thing and earning the honour is another.”

The ACF further welcomed the assertion by the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, on the pervasive poverty and illiteracy in the North, urging him to match his expression of concern with positive actions in the area of employment according to Federal Character, as a way of reducing the problems.

Meanwhile, the Northern Democratic Coalition on Wednesday condemned the First Northern Agricultural Summit that just ended in Kaduna, describing it as‘fraud.’

In a statement entitled, “Fraudulent Northern Agricultural Summit,” and jointly signed by its Chairman, Alhaji Abdulmumuni Al-Basir, and Secretary, Elisha Kura, the group condemned the 19 northern governors over what it described as ”another jamboree” aimed at fleecing the people of their money.

The group said, “This is another fraud of the century because it has been confirmed that the governors of the 19 northern states, banks and individuals contributed N3.6bn to organise the summit.

“This is an amount large enough to take care of a large number of the poverty-stricken people of the North. Clearly, this is an agenda of some self-styled leaders of the North to further enrich themselves to the detriment of the less privileged.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jul/31/421.html
Re: Arewa: Indeed We Are Parasites by ojubi(m): 1:18am On Aug 01, 2008
my dear parasitic north, always remember dat parasites live and enjoy all their live. but not until the host deparasite de parasite, stave it of water and essential nutrient, i live u to guess whate will happen to de parasite.
Re: Arewa: Indeed We Are Parasites by tpia: 4:14am On Aug 01, 2008
maybe the Arewa are the ones benefitting from the oil, while the governors who disagree with them are not?

There's a clear contradiction here which should be investigated. undecided
Re: Arewa: Indeed We Are Parasites by davidif: 7:26am On Aug 01, 2008
I maybe yoruba, but give me any state in Nigeria, no matter how poor it is and i would transform it into Taiwan or Singapore in just 16 years, i promise.
Re: Arewa: Indeed We Are Parasites by bilymuse: 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2008
I maybe yoruba, but give me any state in Nigeria, no matter how poor it is and i would transform it into Taiwan or Singapore in just 16 years, i promise.
keep on dreaming

(1) (Reply)

Watch Out Don't Be The Next Victim of ATM Fraud! / It's A Sorry State Of Affairs / Are Electioneering Campaign Promises Meant To Be Fulfilled Or For Fun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.