Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

His Father Assaults His Mom Because She Won't Go To The Same Church With Her - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Father Assaults His Mom Because She Won't Go To The Same Church With Her (556 Views)

See The Kind Of Picture A Guy Took With His Mom (photo) / She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. / This Boy Was Involved In An Accident That Killed His Father. Do You Know Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Father Assaults His Mom Because She Won't Go To The Same Church With Her by kooldheart: 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
Dear nairalanders,I need your help.the history of my family is filled with traditional roman catholics.right from my grand father,all my uncles and aunts on my fathers side.infact one of my dad's brothers is a catholic priest.my parents wedded in a catholic church.but my father was not and still isn't a dedicated "church goer".because I remember back then when we're going to church,my dad stays back at home.but the problem now is that my mom quit the catholics and joined pentecostal.since then,all hell has been let loose.from accusations of infidelity to wanting to track her every move,even sometimes,locking the doors of the house so that she won't be able to go to church and even physical abuse on her whenever she returns from church,pouring water on her sunday clothes so she is not able to leave the house,lockin the door so that she won't come,into the house,among other things.I don seperate fight tire.and they still two younger children.please,I need your advice on what should be done.MODS,FRONT PAGE.PLEASE!!I need as much people to read and advise on what to do.
Re: His Father Assaults His Mom Because She Won't Go To The Same Church With Her by Kanwulia: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
She needs to liberate herself! kiss
Re: His Father Assaults His Mom Because She Won't Go To The Same Church With Her by MANGAM(m): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
Madness
Re: His Father Assaults His Mom Because She Won't Go To The Same Church With Her by EfemenaXY: 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Your parents obviously have underlying and unresolved issues that go beyond mere church attendance. These need to be sorted out first.

In the meantime, if your mother is getting physically battered by your dad, then advice her to save herself and leave home. Let her go back to her parents / family, get the elders involved and try to resolve the issue at hand. Safety first. Then talk later.

We only have one shot at life. There are no second chances.
Re: His Father Assaults His Mom Because She Won't Go To The Same Church With Her by kooldheart: 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
Liberate herself how?her parents are dead,her two sisters stay in lagos and are struggling to feed their families,infact we had to give on of em loan for a business.so should she pack her bags nd leave a home/HOUSE,and ishe helped build?I capitalised house because she left her career to aid my father in his business for a couple of years,and that's how we were able to build our house.do u get my point?

1 Like

Re: His Father Assaults His Mom Because She Won't Go To The Same Church With Her by nat138: 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
This is one of the reasons that makes me laugh when people say religion or even church denomination differences don't matter in marriage. Imagine how long your parents have been married and they still can't deal with this, your mom getting abused is a really sad situation. The truth of the matter is if your father can't see reason with her then she should just go back to attending catholic Church, am sure all he is concerned about is her church attendance which might be once a week. Nothing stops her from engaging in pentecostal church activities, like watching TBN, using their devotionals or even attending occasional progs as well as praying the way pentecostals pray as long as she keeps it within reason.

This is very practical else your parents will keep fighting over such a trivial matter. Your mum knew your dad's family was a staunch catholic one before she married into it or if she was a catholic before she changed, she was well aware of your dad's or his family's stand on catholicism.

I understand these things crop up years down the line but she needs to apply wisdom. Church matter shouldn't be what should cause such huge problems if she handles this issue with wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Cobbler Throws Away Newly Born Baby In Canal / Physical Or Mental Maltreatment ; Which Is More Harmful / Grandmother Slaughters, Drinks Grandson’s Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.