Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale found guilty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale found guilty (1810 Views)

Michael Adebolajo Attacked In Jail / MI5 'Tried To Recruit' Michael Adebolajo / Michael Adebowale, Is The Son Of A Probation Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale found guilty by eaglechild: 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lee Rigby murder: Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale found guilty

Two Nigerian Brits Michael Adebowale and Michael Adebolajo have been today convicted for the murder of a British soilder Lee Rigby.

The two Brits were said to have run over their victim with a car and then gone ahead to behead him with a meat cleaver
The British PM David Cameron has referred to this as a gruesome crime against humanity.
David Cameron, speaking to reporters in Brussels,
said: "The whole country was completely shocked by the
murder of Lee Rigby, and the whole country united in
condemnation of what happened, and I'm sure everyone
will welcome these verdicts today.
"I think it also shows that we have to redouble our
efforts to confront the poisonous narrative of extremism
and violence that lay behind this and make sure we do
everything to beat it in our country."
Adebolajo showed no remorse for his actions during
the trial, telling jurors that he was a "soldier of Allah"
and that he had no choice but to obey the command of
Allah. He described how he held the soldier's hair as he
hacked at his neck in a motion described by one witness
as like a "butcher attacking a joint of meat".

A witness said Adebolajo
had a look of pure evil after attacking Rigby's head
while his accomplice rammed knives into his chest like
he was "trying to remove his organs from his torso".
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/19/lee-rigby-murder-michael-adebolajo-adebowale-guilty
Re: Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale found guilty by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Na wa o...but no capital punishment anyway..so they are lucky
Re: Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale found guilty by Ngwakwe: 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
Bros, do well to change the topic of this thread to reflect the true story.

Moreover, Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale are not Nigerians (had they won Olympic medals) rather British citizens

If I may ask, which language did they use in Court for them or whatever? Let's stop these tribal obsession and do something meaningful with our lives.

eaglechild: Two Nigerian Brits Michael Adebowale and Michael Adebolajo have been today convicted for the murder of a British soilder Lee Rigby.

The two English born Brits were said to have run over their victim with a car and then gone ahead to behead him with a meat cleaver
The British PM David Cameron has referred to this as a gruesome crime against humanity.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale found guilty by Damlesky(m): 10:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
abeg when did nairaland turned to 2A exercise book just empty space and lines grin
Re: Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale found guilty by deeptesting(m): 10:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
It was a senseless killing,as a parent i wonder what will be going on in the minds and life of their parents, seeing their children going to the extreme...It is shameful and regrettable. I hope they give them life sentences without parole,they are threats to the society.
Re: Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale found guilty by najoke: 11:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
tribalism is really affecting the way think.............i am a proud Yoruba and a proud Nigeria, i saw this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1562297/nigerian-east-sentenced-death-drugs I am disappointed at Seun and his moderators. For Fu%CK sake what is the word "east" doing in the title of that thread, cant the moderator do something about it. Its like the moderators promotes tribalism lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Back to topic, imagine i am a foreigner who just stumble on this news and you(a Nigerian) live next door........do u think i care if you are igbo,Yoruba or Hausa

Anyways them say dem be Britico abi......

Make una dey there they insult una self.......

1 Like

Re: Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale found guilty by eeeeeee: 12:14am On Dec 20, 2013
na_joke: tribalism is really affecting the way think.............i am a proud Yoruba and a proud Nigeria, i saw this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1562297/nigerian-east-sentenced-death-drugs I am disappointed at Seun and his moderators. For Fu%CK sake what is the word "east" doing in the title of that thread, cant the moderator do something about it. Its like the moderators promotes tribalism lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Back to topic, imagine i am a foreigner who just stumble on this news and you(a Nigerian) live next door........do u think i care if you are igbo,Yoruba or Hausa

Anyways them say dem be Britico abi......

Make una dey there they insult una self.......
The level of double standards is baffling.
The topic of this thread once read "British PM condemns Yoruba murderes of UK soilder" which i think was inappropriate.
The mods changed the topic to something totally different but more appropriate.
However, they chose to leave the thread that reads Nigerian from the East.

Well, outside we are all seen as Nigerians, what Adebowale and co did is despicable irrespective of country, tribe or religion.

What fazes me is that this has been headlines on all news network, and whether we like it or not they are seen as Nigerians from their roots.
This smears our international image.
I wonder if this will ever make front page?
Re: Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale found guilty by eeeeeee: 12:28am On Dec 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: Bros, do well to change the topic of this thread to reflect the true story.

Moreover, Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale are not Nigerians (had they won Olympic medals) rather British citizens

If I may ask, which language did they use in Court for them or whatever? Let's stop these tribal obsession and do something meaningful with our lives.

They are British citizens but have Nigerian roots, even the article said so.
That is a minus for our image no matter how you try to downplay it.
They can also choose to represent Nigeria in the olympics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Face Saving: APC Govs Strategise On Osun Polls / Heavy Bomb Blast Rock Kano Motor Park. / ALERT: Rigging In Lagos!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.