Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? (19913 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Can a person Make heaven without baptism / Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by mrsbingbagbo(f): 6:41am On Dec 20, 2013
ie by believing in Jesus, by praying, by fasting, by trying to abstain from sin etc. cant i make heaven with these?
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by mrsbingbagbo(f): 6:42am On Dec 20, 2013
why must i by force join a church?
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Ajibam: 8:27am On Dec 20, 2013
you need to go to church to meet other brethren in Christ..
Hebrews 10:25ESV
Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.Matthew 18:20.
For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.Hebrews 10:24ESV.
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,
Proverbs 27:17ESV..
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
Hebrews 3:13- But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin

what you should just take note is that church can't and won't save you,.. your personal relationship with God will determine....
shalom

21 Likes

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 20, 2013
You can only make heaven by believing in Jesus Christ, his death, salvation, washing away of sins and justification because we live by faith.

If one pastor quotes the bible that the bible says you must not revoke the meeting of believers, tell that pastor that you are all believers in your family... even on Nairaland we meet here as believers... praying with your family is also part of meeting as believers... so don't be fooled.

Going to heaven is not tied to your church attendance. Jesus was there to prove a point... to hear and teach the word of God... If they had internet in those days, I believe it should not be stressful for him.

If you ask me, I really don'y have a constant church... I have been to a few tho... and I only try stick to where i believe they really teach unbiased.

Presently with The Apostolic Church (TAC) - Its like a family church service everytime I attend cos the pastors are always free to talk and they say the truth... the only thing I really dont like there is the way the offering goes... kai!

Also MFM... was even a teacher there but had to leave when we were told to uphold anything Dr D. K. Olukoya holds and reject what he rejects.... spoon-feeding at this age and time? Abegi! But I really love their service, the only church where Praise and Worship goes for over 1 hour every sunday... Whao! and the hymns.. like 5 - 7 every sunday service... more so, I had to leave when they started forcing me to teach @ the head quarters cos I was not ready to tell the followers to also hold what the G.O. holds... him be God?

Synagogue... I have been there a few times... to feed my eyes ni o jare... Sebi when Jesus was passing by a guy possessed by legions, He already knew from afar but still passed there to feed his physical eyes and also tell a story... so I was there also to do eye feeding...

Celestial Church of Christ (C. C. C.) ... Cherubim and Seraphim (C & S), Christ Apostolic Church (C. A. C), Christ Apostolic Mission Church (C. A. M. C), TREM, Deeper Life, Catholic, Anglican... but not and never the Church of Satan...

So, the bottom of it all is this... Religion is of the world... but Christlikeness is within.

EDIT: I never type finish, Ajibam don come... anyways I see you!

23 Likes

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 20, 2013
Ajibam: you need to go to church to meet other brethren in Christ..

what you should just take note is that church can't and won't save you,.. your personal relationship with God will determine....
shalom

You mean its necessary but not compulsory abi?
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Ajibam: 9:22am On Dec 20, 2013
ledafaze:

You mean its necessary but not compulsory abi?
well,, it is necessary because you must not forsake the fellowship of like minded people since we are all one in the body of Christ..
it is somehow compulsory too cos the bible commanda it.. but we should not base our salvation on it.. as you said.. It's within..
christianity is that encounter you have with Jesus
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by 4tunebest(f): 11:40am On Dec 20, 2013
I dont know if you can make heaven without going to church, all I know is that attending a good church plays a huge role for you to live a fulfilled life here on earth. This is subject to my own personal experience and doesnt make it the norm. There are times when God speaks to me about some things, and when I get to church on sunday, the pastor preaches thesame thing and even elaborates on it, thereby providing answers to certain questions I had asked God earlier. When I act on these, the results I get are very amazing. So, apart from having a personal relationship with God, God can also reach out to you through your local church.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by gothrones(m): 11:51am On Dec 20, 2013
No you can't.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
4tunebest: I dont know if you can make heaven without going to church, all I know is that attending a good church plays a huge role for you to live a fulfilled life here on earth. This is subject to my own personal experience and doesnt make it the norm. There are times when God speaks to me about some things, and when I get to church on sunday, the pastor preaches the same thing and even elaborates on it, thereby providing answers to certain questions I had asked God earlier. When I act on these, the results I get are very amazing. So, apart from having a personal relationship with God, God can also reach out to you through your local church.

Pray to God to give you discerning spirit so you can deduce the message from what you have been told. Apostle Paul really emphasised that we too should read books. During his life, remember he did not go to the other apostles first but went away into Arabia to have his time into studying and knowing God more and not following what Pastors or Disciples say....

God can use anyone to reach out to you... It might be a booklet a guy at the busstop was trying to give you or that radio program you tunned out from... so God can use anyone not only Pastors...

...saying that, there are three kinds of pastors...
.....1. Those that God called...
.....2. Those that called themselves...
.....3. and those that called God.... [God, I want to open a church, COME]

So with a good discerning spirit, you will know where you belong as the word says you should test every spirit to know which is true. Also apart from knowing the spirit itself, it will help you to locate the kind of [church/pastoral] spirit that you really need in your life journey so you wont be walking in another man's path.

In short, discover yourself first [by prayer]...

6 Likes

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by 4tunebest(f): 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2013
ledafaze:

Pray to God to give you discerning spirit so you can deduce the message from what you have been told. Apostle Paul really emphasised that we too should read books. During his life, remember he did not go to the other apostles first but went away into Arabia to have his time into studying and knowing God more and not following what Pastors or Disciples say....

God can use anyone to reach out to you... It might be a booklet a guy at the busstop was trying to give you or that radio program you tunned out from... so God can use anyone not only Pastors...

...saying that, there are three kinds of pastors...
.....1. Those that God called...
.....2. Those that called themselves...
.....3. and those that called God.... [God, I want to open a church, COME]

So with a good discerning spirit, you will know where you belong as the word says you should test every spirit to know which is true. Also apart from knowing the spirit itself, it will help you to locate the kind of [church/pastoral] spirit that you really need in your life journey so you wont be walking in another man's path.

In short, discover yourself first [by prayer]...

Thanks for this post of yours albeit unnecessary since I am not ignorant of everything you wrote. This young lady isnt a baby christian. Thanks all thesame
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by MrsAwesome: 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
I attends church because I don't want to be buried by contracted random strangers l.e hausa labourers. I can worship God from my house and my place of work. As a junior staff, always on duty on Sundays so what do you think .. can't go to .hell cos of that........no way......am serving God were I am.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Temismith(f): 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ibeere!!!
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by officialmsright(f): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
As long as you accept Jesus as your lord and personal saviour, your gateway to heaven is open and nothing can close it thanks to his blood.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by xp17(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
, John 4:20-24 KJV

Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father yseeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 4:20-24 NIV

Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.” “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

5 Likes

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
ledafaze: You can only make heaven by believing in Jesus Christ, his death, salvation, washing away of sins and justification because we live by faith.

If one pastor quotes the bible that the bible says you must not revoke the meeting of believers, tell that pastor that you are all believers in your family... even on Nairaland we meet here as believers... praying with your family is also part of meeting as believers... so don't be fooled.

Going to heaven is not tied to your church attendance. Jesus was there to prove a point... to hear and teach the word of God... If they had internet in those days, I believe it should not be stressful for him.

If you ask me, I really don'y have a constant church... I have been to a few tho... and I only try stick to where i believe they really teach unbiased.

Presently with The Apostolic Church (TAC) - Its like a family church service everytime I attend cos the pastors are always free to talk and they say the truth... the only thing I really dont like there is the way the offering goes... kai!

Also MFM... was even a teacher there but had to leave when we were told to uphold anything Dr D. K. Olukoya holds and reject what he rejects.... spoon-feeding at this age and time? Abegi! But I really love their service, the only church where Praise and Worship goes for over 1 hour every sunday... Whao! and the hymns.. like 5 - 7 every sunday service... more so, I had to leave when they started forcing me to teach @ the head quarters cos I was not ready to tell the followers to also hold what the G.O. holds... him be God?

Synagogue... I have been there a few times... to feed my eyes ni o jare... Sebi when Jesus was passing by a guy possessed by legions, He already knew from afar but still passed there to feed his physical eyes and also tell a story... so I was there also to do eye feeding...

Celestial Church of Christ (C. C. C.) ... Cherubim and Seraphim (C & S), Christ Apostolic Church (C. A. C), Christ Apostolic Mission Church (C. A. M. C), TREM, Deeper Life, Catholic, Anglican... but not and never the Church of Satan...

So, the bottom of it all is this... Religion is of the world... but Christlikeness is within.

EDIT: I never type finish, Ajibam don come... anyways I see you!

its sad people still believe this , where it clearly stated in the christian bible that salvation is not believing jesus to be lord and savior ( read isaiah 43 vs 10-12) but keeping commandments of God just as jesus was quoted to have said in matt 19 vs 16 - 17 and mark 12 vs 28- 32. And where in d bible did they tell u christians would go to heaven?
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by WHIZBRO(m): 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2013
When you get to heaven if there is one, you will find out.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by MEILYN(m): 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
.acts 17 vs 24 The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.

"Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet," (Acts 7:48).

"Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, are these." (Jeremiah 7:4)
.<<<God is not in church buildings. the church is you. you are the temple.

7 Likes

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by 24in7: 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
yes ofcourse, the number 1 church is in ur heart

1 Like

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Drfash(f): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Trash

1 Like

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by satowind(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Seasons greeting my people

4 Likes

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by cold(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
@op,don't worry,you'll make heaven. Even good atheists (aren't all atheists good?)will make heaven too. So you're in good company

1 Like

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by MEILYN(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
officialmsright: As long as you accept Jesus as your lord and personal saviour, your gateway to heaven is open and nothing can close it thanks to his blood.
Keep deceiving yourself, with this up there, you wont make it to the kingdom....

"(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." (Romans 2:13).

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4).

if you want to understand what Paul meant by we are under grace, this thread is for you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1563898/no-longer-under-law-grace
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Nosu(m): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
Can a fish do witout the water? If it can then u can.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by GodpassU: 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
To make heaven no be distinction(85A) by force o...just get passmark(40E). But make sure u r there.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Decapo: 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hmmm...
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by MEILYN(m): 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
Nosu: Can a fish do witout the water? If it can then u can.
erm, that is not the case.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
I clicked on OP's profile and saw a picture that is gonna gimme nightmares this xmas eve..... sad sad

Is that how mad women look like in 9ja?
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by SIRANDREWS: 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
yes
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by funshint(m): 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
MEILYN: Keep deceiving yourself, with this up there, you wont make it to the kingdom....

"(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." (Romans 2:13).

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4).

So the only way to obey the law is to attend church?? Shallow christians.. Look here church is just like a school; the real outside world is the exam. Even demons become angels when they're are in church; but they still remain who they are... *the scriptures you quoted there don't even have any bearing to what we're discussing.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by jamael(m): 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
mrs bin gbagbo: ie by believing in Jesus, by praying, by fasting, by trying to abstain from sin etc. cant i make heaven with these?

the Bible said seek ye 1st the kingdom of God...
you seek it where it is. That is in a true Bible believing Church not chilling at home so Run now now now to Church and pray and stop ranting with foolish questions on NL
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by officialmsright(f): 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
MEILYN: Keep deceiving yourself, with this up there, you wont make it to the kingdom....

Oya explain your chosen scriptures
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by tao186: 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
mrs bin gbagbo: ie by believing in Jesus, by praying, by fasting, by trying to abstain from sin etc. cant i make heaven with these?
u 4nny die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Winner’s Chapel, Daystar To Have Physical Church Service Today / Alert: Spirits Of Sodom & Gomorrah Have Been Poured Out. Rapture Is Imminent. / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.