Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,092 members, 7,835,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? (19957 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Can a person Make heaven without baptism / Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Kirinwa: 9:49am On Dec 25, 2013
Op Bible tells you to forsake not the Assembly of the Brethren(Church).

Infact you already know the truth but you decided to feign ignorance to your own detriment.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by SHAAWA: 9:50am On Dec 25, 2013
@Justt....Nice

anology. All messengers of God are the way and the light to reach God.
If you believe Abraham, Moses, David, Noah, Joseph to be messengers from
God what will stop their followers from making heaven? bearing in mind
that they never taught trinity. Jesus never taught trinity as well. If
you believe God and Jesus to be the same, why don't Christians give
thanks to God?
Is it ok for the followers of Moses, David, Noah e.t.c to say thank you Moses in place of God?
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 25, 2013
thorpido: Jesus is Christ...THE CHRIST.Everyone who accepts His message and believes the purpose for which He came becomes of Christ.
The people who first believed were called Christians because the people who saw them saw they were Christlike.
Christianity is not a religion and Jesus didn't come to start another religion,He had something no prophet ever had...the gift of eternal life.

If you understand what I wrote,it will take away the ignorance of asking if jesus was a Christian.The bible says....'with all thy getting get understanding(Proverbs 4:7)'.

we are still waiting for the answer
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by zyzxx(m): 9:51am On Dec 25, 2013
SWG 1:
Not all, some ppl are lead by the spirit of GOD and some hear distinctively from GOD. And anyone who thinks he can stay out of church is quenching the spirit fire (thats if it was there originally) and has falling cheap prey to the deceit of the enemy. There is a corporate annointing and saturated ambience of divine presence of God in church service and house of GOD. OP please:
Do not limit ur spiritual growth
Do not quench the spirit,
Do not dissociate urself from the association of brethren,
Do not be wise or lean on ur own understanding,
Remember that faith cometh by hearing and hearing of the word.
If u ve lost the joy of going to church then check ur spiritual life cos ur on a downturn.
You cant be wiser than Jesus that was addicted to his fathers house.
Tell me a great man of GOD that became great by not going to church. MAY GOD ORDER OUR FOOTSTEPS AND BLESS US ALL. IJN
am a living testimony of dat,, u are right
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by whiteking169: 9:59am On Dec 25, 2013
going to church has noting to do with making heaven....i av a lot of revelation to make,but not yet time to unveil them
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by ibiso1986: 10:25am On Dec 25, 2013
Mods, its xmas day, let's make nairaland interesting today. put this topic on the front page.. www.nairaland.com/1568062/photos-port-harcourt-carnival-carniriv
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by tonychristopher: 10:33am On Dec 25, 2013
salam8528: was Jesus a Christian, plsss u can giv mi answers through did number with substantial proves and quotes 08178861111

Jesus wasn't a Christian but born into Judaism ..... salvation is personal and church is what u can go...mind you all churches have different doctrine some are Judaism in their approach like Sabbath some are modern in approach like Pentecostal while some are conservative in approach like catholic while some are weird in approach like Mormon and Jehovah's witness. choose one.

these days laws are engraved in our hearts not on tablets of stone..so choose one. you know what is good pls do it . show love to God and human you will make heaven
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by chrixtwill(m): 11:26am On Dec 25, 2013
U folks are so very ignorant,d church is God's spiritual family & every bliver has a God ordained church n pastor. Its a place wre u are fed n nutured. Jst as we dnt decide our biological family n father,we also dnt decide our spiritual family or father..Jer 3:15. No man can faithfully witout belonging 2 a church.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by nwachineke00: 11:31am On Dec 25, 2013
Of course you can but please always read, interprete/understand verses of the bible in context.

Cos very many people have misinterpreted this bible verse - to justify not going to church or identifying with a church!

Remember "do not forsake the assemblying together of the brethren"
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by longsam: 11:50am On Dec 25, 2013
The question is that"are you born again",Can you say without any iota of doubt that you are for christ? If yes,you are good to go but if not,I'm sorry.Church help one to grow and also serves as a guide for one to be a better christian by gaining knowledge from others about the bible to add to what you know.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Ikb90: 11:56am On Dec 25, 2013
tao186:
u 4nny die
Mdm, if u listen to yr heart it is telling u d answer bt u want 2 hear frm ppl. Even if there bad churches find d good ones, anytin in lif has fake and good ones.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by slye(m): 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
mrs bin gbagbo: ie by believing in Jesus, by praying, by fasting, by trying to abstain from sin etc. cant i make heaven with these?

who said you'll make heaven by going to church sef. Read mathew 7 verse 21 dt jesus will deny everybdy dt worshipd him excpt frm dos dt did d will of his father
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by kiki2014: 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
coolOne thing for sure, church cannot save you.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by sleek82(m): 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: Keep deceiving yourself, with this up there, you wont make it to the kingdom....

"(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." (Romans 2:13).

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4).

if you want to understand what Paul meant by we are under grace, this thread is for you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1563898/no-longer-under-law-grace
pls stop misleading pple joor...we both know if u go to church frm now till eternity and u dnt accept Jesus as ur Lord and saviour,u r just a bench warmer....d first is accepting Jesus,then church goin nurturing you as a baby to b stronger in the Lord...it doesnt mean if u accept Jesus,keep his commandments and dnt go to church,u r back a sinner....wat if there r no churches around u...like if u r in places where u only av mosques,does it mean u r destined for hell?.....even at d point of death,if u giv ur life to Christ,u r sure making heaven!
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Sagamite(m): 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
Truckpusher: That's an idiat talking like an idiat.

What more can i say? undecided

person, can you make sense? grin
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Danchito: 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
mrs bin gbagbo: ie by believing in Jesus, by praying, by fasting, by trying to abstain from sin etc. cant i make heaven with these?

You should have asked if you can become a graduate without goin to school...why cant u sit at home read books and become a graduate..

The bible says do not forsake the gathering of brethren....so be wise
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by officialmsright(f): 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
Taeewo: Ur thinking i.q is low like a goat
And you can do any better? Oya justify yourself
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by motherofpearl: 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
The answer is already in d bible..allow d Spirit of God to guide u and try to obey...desist frm wrong motive(s)..cos He already knows ur heart.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
Because man was not made to be an island. When you get serious about something, you inherently seek out for others who are also serious about the same thing.

A church consists of 2 or more people.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by thorpido(m): 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sheykul Islam:

we are still waiting for the answer
what answer?
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by jnrbayano(m): 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
tonychristopher: happy Christmas peep...let me be honest with you GOD IS NOT INTERESTED IN HOW MANY DRY FASTING YOU EMBARKED,HOW MANY MIRACLES YOU DID,HOW MANY ALL NIGHT VIGILS YOU ATTEND...I HAVE NOTICED THAT MOST PEOPLE THAT CLAIM BORN AGAIN ARE WICKED AND IF YOU .TELL ME YOUR A BORN AGAIN I WILL NOT DEAL WITH YOU...

GOD IS LOVE AND HE IS INTERESTED IN YOUR LOVING ATTRIBUTES. GOD IS NOT EVEN INTERESTED IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM .OR JUDAISM. COS THE SELECTED CHILDREN OF GOD FAR ISLREALI WHICH IS JUDAISM WHICH BEGOTTEN CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM.

NOW JESUS WAS CLEAR ON THE BENCHMARK FOR JUDGEMENT AND IT GOES LIKE THIS WHEN I WAS HUNGRY DID YOU GIVE ME FOOD..WHEN I WAS NAKED DID U CLOTHE ME WHEN I WAS IN PRISON DID U VISIT ME ETC...FORGET ALL THESE BRAINWASHING THESE PASTORS ARE SAYING JUST SHOW LOVE AND KEEP THE TEN COMMANDMENT WHICH IS ALSO LOVE AND THOSE ARE YOUR TICKET TO HEAVEN

NOT THOSE THAT CALL ABBA FATHER WILL ENTER THE HEAVEN...SHOW LOVE TO PEOPLE THEN WATCH YOURSELF BEEN HAPPY AND ON YOUR WAY TO HEAVEN.LOVE GOD AND LOVE YOUR FELLOW HUMAN.

Would they ever listen and heed? Like Jesus told us, "be compationate as your heavenly father is compationate".....1000likes for ur post.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by thorpido(m): 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sheykul Islam:

In the Godhead, which is also called Trinity, we have God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. This does not mean we have three different Gods.

1+1+1=1Christian maths

I don't know where you read in the Christian Bible that salvation is not beleiving in the name of Jesus.

matt 19 vs 16-17
Anyone saying 1+1=1 is ignorant.1 + 1 can never be 1.However,you can have 1 in 1 which is 1.Jesus said,I in my Father and the Father in Me(John 14:10-11)You can see the problem is ignorance.

Since you quoted Matt 19 vs 16- 17,why don't you read up Matt 22 vs 41-45.Come back to tell me what it means.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Guykhena(m): 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
It's like u asking "can I get a promotion without going to work"?
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
And you think this is the right forum to consult for such a question? Confussion is inevitable.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Ochibaisik(m): 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
Heaven is the goal of everyone, but the devil is lurking around trying to steal.Christianity is not Church but we need a Church to resist the devil.Days of persecution are coming so we need the church to keep one another to the track of Heaven.thank you.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Validated: 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2013

BIG NO! because you CANNOT be self righteous and make heaven. It is expected of a Christian not to 'forsake the assembly of brethren', as 'iron sharpeneth iron'. If you remain sharpened, overtime you will become blunt (practice self orgies, heresy, other self indulged sin, etc). You will also not be be taught or teachable.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Kenchosen: 8:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
officialmsright:
Oya explain your chosen scriptures
pls understanding Roman 3:12
speaks on love n not the mosaic laws but by of grace ok.
the summary of the whole law is LOVE. Christ is d end of the law. we r in a new beginning.
we r required to love n wen we do just dat we wi obey God words. we r led by the spirit of God n not by the written words on stone n the 613 laws.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
If you want to make 'heaven' , you will definitely have to leave the madness called church in Nigeria and find a true set of few believers to fellowship with.
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by Akiika: 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
Did Jesus own a church?
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by officialmsright(f): 9:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kenchosen:
pls understanding Roman 3:12
speaks on love n not the mosaic laws but by of grace ok.
the summary of the whole law is LOVE. Christ is d end of the law. we r in a new beginning.
we r required to love n wen we do just dat we wi obey God words. we r led by the spirit of God n not by the written words on stone n the 613 laws.
That's nice. Thank you dear
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by GentleFrank(m): 7:57am On Dec 26, 2013
Good !
Re: Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? by MichaelNwiwiri: 8:01am On Dec 26, 2013
One do not need to join any religion to experience or go to heaven, Religion makes it a lot focused or remainder.
Church as become more socio-cultural now than spiritual.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alert: Spirits Of Sodom & Gomorrah Have Been Poured Out. Rapture Is Imminent. / Evangelist Edet: Any Christian Who Celebrates Grammy Winners Will Miss Heaven / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Dances With Church Members At A Music Concert(pics,video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.