Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,325 members, 7,815,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Girlfriend's Day [aug 1] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girlfriend's Day [aug 1] (866 Views)

Exclusive LIVE Interview - The HOT Seat With DX - Aug., 5th, 2013 | Guest: LUPEY / We Both Want Marriage, But Fiancé Wants To Get Pregnant Now B4 Aug/jan Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girlfriend's Day [aug 1] by Orikinla(m): 9:56am On Aug 01, 2008
Girlfriend's Day [Aug 1]

Starbucks was party to some drama the other day when all the women, Kaitlin, Kate, Megan, and Irina decided to hang out. The ‘girl gang’ was quite upbeat about meeting up after a long time and someone informed me about the meeting. I think it was Megan. She's the one who's most likely to tell you about a party in which you are not invited! But I was really curious the entire evening to know what was going on at the cafe.

Next day the phone rang early. It was Megan again. She sounded serious. She started with "Bob, it's serious." At the end of a ten-minute talk, I realized that maybe it's not serious, but it is most definitely alarming. It was about the party they had. Staying true to what she said, this is what happened. Things were moving on really well and they were having a great ‘girls' day out’ time, even planning to celebrate Girlfriend's Day on August 1, when Kate brought up the subject of shopping for her marriage. That is when it went off the track and into the slide.

Kate had some ideas about handling the shopping and the clothes and the wedding theme she wanted. Irina, who is very fashion-conscious and on a love high these days, with her new hotshot boyfriend and all, decided to cut in. She tore up Kate's plans in shreds and made Kate feel like her plans were only good enough to marry off dolls. This brought on an ego clash between the two and things fell apart. Megan said that the tension went so high up that they almost started yelling on top of their lungs. The people on the neighboring tables went silent and stared at them. Irina and Kate suddenly noticed that they caused a ruckus so they calmed down and the group quietly exited the cafe.

Now I know the matter would be resolved in a couple of days because both of them are sensible human beings. What I am worried about is that such incidents sometimes make a negative impact in the long run. And that is alarming, I don't want the group to break up and I am sure nobody wants it either.

~ From Bob, the Editor of 123 Greetings Newsletter
Re: Girlfriend's Day [aug 1] by segzicres(m): 10:13am On Aug 01, 2008
@orikinla are you the editor of 123 greetings?
Re: Girlfriend's Day [aug 1] by Orikinla(m): 10:20am On Aug 01, 2008
segzi cres:

@orikinla are you the editor of 123 greetings?
NO.

We share similar views on life and love.

On Girlfreind's Day, you say or do something special for your girlfriend.
I have sent a love card to mine.
Re: Girlfriend's Day [aug 1] by segzicres(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2008
okay i didn't know. i'll do something similar now.
Re: Girlfriend's Day [aug 1] by Orikinla(m): 10:25am On Aug 01, 2008
segzi cres:

okay i didn't know. i'll do something similar now.

Please do.
It pays to make your girlfriend happy.

(1) (Reply)

About 2 Marry / What Could It Have Been? / Communication Between Loved Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.