Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? (29010 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 21, 2013
Is there no law against polygamy in the western world again?

Abeg, una shld explain to bush gal lyk me oo undecided

Anyways, i don spread mat for here!
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
alutacontinua: Is there no law against polygamy in the western world again?

Abeg, una shld explain to bush gal lyk me oo undecided

Anyways, i don spread mat for here!
they did court marriage in nigeria
so if he does trad with another woman its not against the law.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by solomon111(m): 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
Chai,Naija men.
We no dey try at all.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by baralatie(m): 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
baralatie: .1st relax and consider ur health.
A living cow is beta than a dead lion!
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by baralatie(m): 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
Confront him head on!

If he says he wants to leave because he tels u ar disturbing him.confront him again!
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
This is pathetic. sad

solomon111: Chai,Naija men.
We no dey try at all.

Abi? What's wrong with just leave jejely after obtaining the green card? Why must he suck her dry on top? That's a plain scam.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by gabbytabby: 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
Unfortunately, you become what you allow. A man on the phone outside in the car for hours talking to another woman and doing all the rubbish you say he gets up to. You really needed to take a stand and let him know that you find that the height of disrespect otherwise he thinks you are deperate and will allow anything. He will trample on you if he thinks he can get away with it. Not every disagreement has to end with a fight, the silent treatment works so much better if a man cares a hoot about you. Such marriages tend not to end well and if there is still anything you can do about that then thinK seriously about it.

He is bringing his owerri sister to come and help you with your boy while you work. Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm. Why dont you work part-time and spend some of the free time taking care of your family and your home affairs.

You would just have to wait and see as there really is not much you can do about the current marriage to another woman situation unless you know one way or the other. Instead of playing childish games why dont you tell him what you have heard and hear what he has to say about it. Its better to be silly than kill yourself with worry. Not saying that he will tell you the truth but it helps you to know what kind of human being he is if you find out something to the contrary later on.

Men have become so desperate that some show no mercy using a woman to achieve and I keep telling ladies when you get married let your man be the man of the house. Put a lot of your energy into supporting him to become the provider if need be. You are indeed the helper and when you take his role ..... Only if you have done all you can and you see that he is a user and a lazy man should you take your future in your hands.

I wish you luck.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by thorpido(m): 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hmmmmm.Like others have said u need to confront him and really get to know what's going on and your position in all this.
You will need to make a decision to have a better marriage than you have or you move on with your life.
Quite a no of Naija men abroad seem to be doing this but I wonder how you guys can have peace in your heart!
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
wifee: First of all, please don't call me mad. I am not the jealous type at all.

Well let me tell you my story: I am a Swiss married to an Igbo man since 3 years, we met almost ten years ago and my husband already had residence permit when he married. I love my husband with everything I am, I try everything to be a good wife. This year we got our first child, a wonderful baby boy. We've been to Nigeria several times, also in the village and we are actually planning to go and live there when I finished my training here.

Since I got pregnant my husband showed no interest again in touching me. Even before then he stopped sleeping in our bed.

When I was pregnant he often went out to make phone calls in his car, giving different excuses, sometimes he stayed there till 4 AM! I found out he was talking to a girl and the mother. I also found out my husband was trying to have telephone sex with her, but since she is a christian she refused. (He still had telephone sex with other girls, telling them to use their hand on themselves, thinking I didnt hear the Igbo..) So there was a day the girl called and asked where they will stay. He told her either here in Switzerland or in London. He also told her I wouldnt kill her. I asked him why I told her so, he just said because they are spending time on telephone.. which is a stupid excuse. I told him about my fear. His answer was : " since we know you've been fearing that, have I married another woman?" (So, he didnt say no..)

What also raises my fear: He always says to marry a white is stupid. He praises his friends who married in Nigeria while beeing married here. He once said, court marriage was not important, what counts was traditional marriage (we married in Nigeria but only court marriage). He likes to joke about marrying two more wifes. The other day I told him that was the only reason Id leave him. Later that evening he was joking about it to somebody.. There was a day I received an Email (my husband doesnt have his own email account) saying that his wife could come and look at one duplex. I told my husband and he was quick to call a girl to call that man before I called him to ask what that was all about. He used to speak hours to her on telephone and as well to his mother. She wrote also text messages that she misses him and no morning and evening passes without my husband getting SMS since about 8 months. ( I dont check his SMS because women could also use it to bring trouble, so an SMS wouldnt help me with truth...The one I told you about it was my husband telling me to read, when he was driving)

Also he keeps on telling people he spend 800'000 Naira on "that girl", which I dont know about. We were thining of bringing a girl here to take care of our boy and since one girl was unfriendly he told me about another girl, who has the same Igbo name like the other one... and later he asked again, why not her. (eventhough he complained about her before. Remember this is about taking car of our child, there shouldnt be any small problem with that person and there are millions offering to come here on behalf of that...)

So, this time around I know that some people went to the neighbouring state (the same state that girl came from) and that something is happening on Sunday. I heard my husband speaking to a girl on telephone telling her that he never saw people having to bring 33 of malt and Stout for wedding, but that her father told him so many, many times. He also said he was sorry, they had to bring a goat, but that if they are married and stay for long and she dies after a long life and many children they would bring a goat to her village for the burial.

So I asked my husbands niece what she was doing in that neighbouring state and she confirmed it was a wedding of a relation. I asked whether I know her and she answered I sould see her, when we come back.

We were thinking of bringing somebody here to take care of our boy while I am at work.

I cant stay with my husband if he marries another woman, I cant... I would do everything for him, really everything...

Please help me! This topic has been bothering me but it becomes a real emergency since it looks like the marriage is taking place on Sunday..I know people can marry traditionally without being there in person (one of our friends did so) What should I do against it? How will I find out the truth. If it is true, how can I stop it?

Please forgive me for mistrusting my husband, but all this secret phone calls and him no more being interested in touching me(I am slim like before pregnancy), him not answering me when I tell him I love him and the time he spends on telephone with one girl and the mother... He used to talk to girls and I didn't bother him, because I dont want to be the annoying wife, he used to send different girls money for school and I didn't stop him because of the same reason.

I am helpless and I dont want to start confronting people in Nigeria, because if it was not true it would make him look stupid... Also I cant speak to any friends here, because they'd only tell me to divorce my husband...

Your husband is cheating,no doubt
your evidence to the second wife story is shaky
I think the cheating should concern you more than the second wife but the other woman being called wife is what seems to bother you more,I wonder why
It's not as if there is a difference in the name he chooses to call his lovers
Thirdly and most importantly,why are you wrapped up in this man like he were your life
I don't get that
You are almost going crazy at the thought of losing this man
Why do you give a mere mortal,a man that much power over you?
Please get over it fast
If this man decides to dump you out rightly,will you jump off a cliff?
If you are unemployed,please go get a job or volunteer at homeless shelters and get a hobby,join a health club
It seems to be that you have too much time on your hands

This is an obsession,let me be blunt with you
You are obsessed with this man and your wifely status
He doesn't care that much about you
Don't feed his ego by this sick obsession
It is unhealthy for you

You are already rambling in your posts so obviously this man is driving you crazy
Go over your posts again slowly
Second wife or not,this relationship is not healthy for you
Period!

You said don't call you mad but it is obvious you are beginning to lose it

6 Likes

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Ibime(m): 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
He's already cheating on you and it's a new wife you are worried about?

You've let him cross the line a long time ago. It's time to move on with your life.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
wifee: Id love to cook for my husband but he is being so complicated anytime I cooked for him and didnt even taste it..For example I prepared MMoimoiwhich took me very long and he didnt try it...
Somehow I dont have the power to control him..Anytime I confront him he either gives a stupid excuse which makes me look silly or gets mad at me..
There was a time I saw picture of naked women on his camera and confronted him.Eventually I ended up begging him for peace! So there was a time I found a condom and apacket of condoms in his lugagge.What I did was to write a little note and put a picture of myself telling him I love him..Hoping hed stop everything when remembering it would hurt him.I didnt want to take away the condom because I was afraid he might do something without which would b worse..
How can I have astrong hand on him and how will I confront him with my fear. How could such marriage b stopped? Is there a way back after such traditional marriage?
I am afraid of trouble because I saw my husband dying 3 times and I am too afraid of something happening to him and we are not in peace.
Why accepting that culture? He is not even honest with me if he actually wants to marry...?

You cooked moi moi and he didn't try it then stop cooking moi moi for pete's sake
He doesn't appreciate it
Why do you want a strong hand on anybody?
You don't need a strong hand on something that is yours
Stop being desperate
The man is not yours

You are afraid of the man dying
So freaking what if he dies,will he be the first to die
He is sleeping around and you are the one afraid of him dying
Nne you are putting too much power in the hands of this man

Your words are making me angry

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
wifee: Had an idea..Will tell my husband I had a nightmare of him marrying another woman..the father of the woman demanded a lot as dowry..Then Ill tell him that I left him.Later on he called me to tell me his wife was treating him bad and he wanted to come back. Some days later I heard something bad happened to him...
After Ill ask him to promiss me he'd never marry a second wife...
I wish that could change his mind/hope it can stop things before its too late..Guess I am lost already...
Off course I am praying as well! I cant imagine that my dream come true with the husband I love and our wonderfull little baby could end here...

This woman has certainly gone bananas
You are now wayyyy out there
Insanity is knocking on your doors
Please how old are you
I can't believe an adult with a baby to care for is writing this
You now want to resort to lies and fabrications and scare tactics
All that to keep the type of low life scum bag you described
Unbelievable!

I am Igbo
We don't eat toads
Igbos have a proverb that if one must eat a toad ,Let him find and eat a very juicy one so that if he is called a toad eater,he can boast of how juicy it was and answer confidently.

Not only are you eating a toad but You are eating a very anemic toad,a toad with kwashiorkor
" Nuff said

6 Likes

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by ibis: 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
Dear Wifee

i think i understand what you are going through and why you have fear are confused and desperate.

can you google narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse? when you do read about it. you can also google traits of a malignant narcissist. read up and see if this describes your husband and all you have been going through. if it does lets talk. been there.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by mickyarams: 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
There is a saying in Europe, "Never trust a Nigerian". I am a Nigerian myself and unfortunately that's the sad truth.lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
mickyarams: There is a saying in Europe, "Never trust a Nigerian". I am a Nigerian myself and unfortunately that's the sad truth.lipsrsealed

And you buy into the nonsense
They also called you a monkey and you answer
What has she described here that non Nigerians don't do
Arnold schwatzennegar fathered a child with a mistress that lived as a domestic staff under his roof,the woman and kid vacationed with his family and nobody including his wife had a clue about this for over a decade

That is just one popular example
This is not about Nigerians
It is about a stupid and useless husband and a woman who is losing her mind over a scum

7 Likes

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Celepope: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
This my igbo brothers dey really spoil show for person.That's how my wife a Jamaican confronted me last week asking me if that's how all igbo men behave?That they always want to marry someone from the village irrespective of them having a wife abroad.This woman put one kind yeye fear for my mind.She threatened dealing with me if I try such.I simply asked her who told her those crap?she said her colleague at work had same experience from an igbo guy who dumped her after investing her love and money on him.She also told her a lot of stories involving igbo guys in the US who are fund of doing this to their foreign wife.I simply told her every man is different and as for her treat she should save it for herself cause if I want to leave her there is nothing she can do.cause I never signed a contract somewhere about that.This is someone we dated for a year and married now for 6 months.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by nanidee(f): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
Baby mama, you have said it all!

Indeed, from the OP's write-up, it seems to me like she is underage undecided undecided. That has to be the only logical explanation for all this rambling. Need I say more?
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
Baby mama:

This woman has certainly gone bananas
You are now wayyyy out there
Insanity is knocking on your doors
Please how old are you
I can't believe an adult with a baby to care for is writing this
You now want to resort to lies and fabrications and scare tactics
All that to keep the type of low life scum bag you described
Unbelievable!

I am Igbo
We don't eat toads
Igbos have a proverb that if one must eat a toad ,Let him find and eat a very juicy one so that if he is called a toad eater,he can boast of how juicy it was and answer confidently.

Not only are you eating a toad but You are eating a very anemic toad,a toad with kwashiorkor
" Nuff said
_

One Internet for you, ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by CriminalIbos: 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
picture of ur husband nd you or he didn't happen

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by teemy(m): 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
@deception, forget it as it might even backfire should he call your bluff. @friends, there should be at least one that is morally right that can talk to him and change his mind if fears are true. @yourself, pray and never allow evil seeds to grow
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by pinkshell(f): 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
Cele-pope:
This my igbo brothers dey really spoil show for person.That's how my wife a Jamaican confronted me last week asking me if that's how all igbo men behave?That they always want to marry someone from the village irrespective of them having a wife abroad.This woman put one kind yeye fear for my mind.She threatened dealing with me if I try such.I simply asked her who told her those crap?she said her colleague at work had same experience from an igbo guy who dumped her after investing her love and money on him.She also told her a lot of stories involving igbo guys in the US who are fund of doing this to their foreign wife.I simply told her every man is different and as for her treat she should save it for herself cause if I want to leave her there is nothing she can do.cause I never signed a contract somewhere about that.This is someone we dated for a year and married now for 6 months.

Hehehhe!
I like ur wife.
She dey do u strong tin.

It takes a strong woman to marry a nigerian.
I wished d OP was a tougher wife, or beta still had nigerian women as frnds.

U men, are really driving women crazy ooo, look at at gov Chime turned his wife in2. #SMH

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
Is this OP for real? May amu onye ojii not make you kill yourself.

Your man is Inlove with someone else, so no amount of death by you will change things.

What am I doing here sef?
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
jennykadry: Is this OP for real? May amu onye ojii not make you kill yourself

I am wondering if it is the size of his blokoss that is keeping her
There is a bigger man out there in case she doesn't know
Statistics says Congolese men are bigger than Nigerians and those their makosa hips na helele grin
Make She try go central Africa if amu is the issue
See as woman wan comot cloth enter market because of amu
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Boss13: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
First and foremost, I don't believe your story. Secondly, if your story is true, please note that 90% of forumites here are unmarried and still in their teens. So be wary of the advice you get from here in order not to spoil your marriage.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
wifee: Had an idea..Will tell my husband I had a nightmare of him marrying another woman..the father of the woman demanded a lot as dowry..Then Ill tell him that I left him.Later on he called me to tell me his wife was treating him bad and he wanted to come back. Some days later I heard something bad happened to him...
After Ill ask him to promiss me he'd never marry a second wife...
I wish that could change his mind/hope it can stop things before its too late..Guess I am lost already...
Off course I am praying as well! I cant imagine that my dream come true with the husband I love and our wonderfull little baby could end here...

Naaa that won't work....a typical Igbo man fall for that lie? You must think you are intelligent right now.

My advise is secure your future financially because that man will leave you. You married someone else's man. He ain't yours darling, he was never yours
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by teemy(m): 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
being in love is really cool but being a slave to what you should be enjoying is totally uncool. try leaving the over dependence and be more mature with taking care of yourself, men like independent women and at the end he will be the one chasing you
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
jennykadry:

Naaa that won't work....a typical Igbo man fall for that lie? You must think you are intelligent right now.

My advise is secure your future financially because that man will leave you. You married someone else's man. He ain't yours darling, he was never yours

My father will say
"A na acho ihe na aka Onye n'acho ihe"

Hahahaha

Imagine Trying to use Okoro sense on an Okoro?
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
Baby mama:

I am wondering if it is the size of his blokoss that is keeping her
There is a bigger man out there in case she doesn't know
Statistics says Congolese men are bigger than Nigerians and those their makosa hips na helele grin
Make She try go central Africa if amu is the issue
See as woman wan comot cloth enter market because of amu

Honestly it's amu that is the issue and I am serious here. I have gone through her posts and I don't know if its just me that have noticed that THIS WOMAN IS NOT INLOVE WITH THIS MAN...she is attracted to him, call it lust or infatuation but she is not Inlove with him
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by PrettySpicey(f): 4:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
The crazy thing here is that you suspected he was being unfaithful and you ignored it. Matter of fact you don't mind if he is unfaithful, so long as he doesn't take a second wife, right?
Dear wifee, therein lies your problem.
Do stop whimpering and whining and have some backbone.
I don't get how women 'look the other way' with their husband playing hooky with outside chicks.
You may love that man, but you should love your son more and yourself too.
Face this. Speak up and Get him to tell you what the heck is going on!
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
Baby mama:

My father will say
"A na acho ihe na aka Onye n'acho ihe"

Hahahaha

Imagine Trying to use Okoro sense on an Okoro?
I have to prepare for lies(shoes related) weeks before even then he won't believe me and I am a typical Umuahia babe. An Igbo man fall that cheap lie? I will chop one of my legs off
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
PrettySpicey: The crazy thing here is that you suspected he was being unfaithful and you ignored it. Matter of fact you don't mind if he is unfaithful, so long as he doesn't take a second wife, right?
Dear wifee, therein lies your problem.
Do stop whimpering and whining and have some backbone.
I don't get how women 'look the other way' with their husband playing hooky with outside chicks.
You may love that man, but you should love your son more and yourself too.
Face this. Speak up and Get him to tell you what the heck is going on!

You believe there will be any truth coming from his mouth?
That is a waste of time
She has all the evidence she needs
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
This man had his papers before he married her so no one will call him a residence permit digger grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Couple Files $650,000 Suit Against Their Son For Not Giving Them Grandchildren / With ₦400 your wife can prepare soup that would last two days — Pastor says / French Ex Vanishes With The Son Of A Nigerian Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.