Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Advice On Transcorp Shares - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Advice On Transcorp Shares (1635 Views)

How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) / Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? / Transcorp Po Finally Opens At 7.50! Opinions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Transcorp Shares by dayo1401: 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2008
please an i need an advice, infact i ve been trying to sell my transcopr shares, but up till now they havent even giving me a share cert.
I bought transcorp when it was 7.50 with 150k now its sell 2.37. i loook at the newspaper and it hurts .
Dont even see the shares appreciting anytime soon. even if it does, inflation and interest rate in nigeria might not favor it.
Think am willing to sell it as soon as i can get my cert. kindly advice me please
Re: Advice On Transcorp Shares by jaybee3(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2008
meaning u will be loosing around 102K?

why not just wait for it to appreciate?
Re: Advice On Transcorp Shares by dayo1401: 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2008
think you right, but the thing is am not even sure if it will. I was foolish when i bought it . Because honestly i dont see any things good coming from transcorp until 15 -20years from now, thats if they dont fail anyway.
Looking at them and thier objectives. they want to turn around nitel. You can imagine the magic they will have to do, for nitel to compete with GSM OR even any of the CDMAs
Re: Advice On Transcorp Shares by Tantolu: 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2008
@dayo11401
U just need to be patient, u are not alone, the rest of those who wreck transcorp wld raise it again, just give it say 3-4 yrs.pls dont lose 102k just like that.
Re: Advice On Transcorp Shares by Tantolu: 10:58pm On Aug 02, 2008
@dayo11401
U just need to be patient, u are not alone, the rest of those who  wreck transcorp wld raise it again, just give it say 3-4 yrs.pls dont lose 102k just like that.
Re: Advice On Transcorp Shares by tauyo69(m): 10:34pm On Aug 03, 2008
pls be patient, things might change for good in the future. turn the investment into a long term one. you may never regret that decision. one thing to note about stock market is that investment can be for short term or long term. pls try and appreciate that. cheers.
Re: Advice On Transcorp Shares by dayo1401: 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2008
Thanks everbody,maybe i just give it sometime. who do i complain to for my share cert. Has anyone been giving share certificate. i bought into this company at there first public offer. Need more information on who exactly am to direct my complains to concerning my certificate. Thanks
Re: Advice On Transcorp Shares by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2008
Well you should complain to the registrar in charge of the IPO
Re: Advice On Transcorp Shares by NairalandAngel(m): 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2019
jaybee3:
meaning u will be loosing around 102K?

why not just wait for it to appreciate?

Those shares are not going to appreciate anytime soon

(1) (Reply)

GHWW: A Lesson In History / High Quality Gold Bars Available In Large Quantity In Abuja. / LTE *learn To Earn*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.