Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? (11479 Views)

Can I Buy Shares With 5,000? / Please, How Do I Sell My Shares With First Bank / How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by muyii12: 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2008
Pls i need somebody that knows much about stock to advice me b4 i faint.i just bought transcorp shares worth #50,000 @#4.05k per share last week friday and just two days later wich is on monday,the stock went down to #3.85k making me
loose 20k,and the worst of all is that this is my sch fees money.so pls i need somebody to tell me the possibility of this transcorp rising to at least my cost price so that i can sell and have my money back.pls its urgent
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by BabaOlowo: 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2008
Lucky you, bought IPO at 7.50 with loan and yet to receive Certificate.

1 Like

Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by SamMilla1(m): 12:23am On Apr 13, 2008
@N4.05K, I DONT THINK THEY WILL GO LOWER THAN THAT AGAIN
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by ucheuche1(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2008
welcome 2d clubof those licking their wounds. theres a seat 4everyone here. but seriously, ur case is pathetic. most us bought transcorp with our life,s savings, n here we are licking our wounds.take heart. e fit better.

1 Like

Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Scopium: 7:46am On Apr 16, 2008
[size=13pt]Pele I almost bought that shit or is it shares, but one anti OBJ guy discouraged me. The guy said once OBJ leaves, transcorp will be an infinite wasteland. I didn't appreciate what he did till transcorp shares went south. I believe that someday it will turn to a good buy but that day is not today. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 16, 2008
i feel absolutely no sympathy for you - what kind of person takes his school fees and gambles with it? because thats exactly what you did. what knid of person are you, anyway? It's been all over the news that Transcorp shares are in free fall.

i hope you've learned your lesson - no such thing as easy money. you were looking to score big and oppress the daylights out of your classmates.

maybe i'm being too caustic, but i have this thing at the back of my head whenever i buy shares - this money may just be as they say - ' entering bush'

@ all, DO NOT ENGAGE IN WILDCAT INVESTING with money you cannot doe without
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 16, 2008
Poor You  cry tongue
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by SENATORJD(m): 11:41am On Apr 16, 2008
oyb:

i feel absolutely no sympathy for you - what kind of person takes his school fees and gambles with it? because thats exactly what you did. what knid of person are you, anyway? It's been all over the news that Transcorp shares are in free fall.

i hope you've learned your lesson - no such thing as easy money. you were looking to score big and oppress the daylights out of your classmates.
@ all, DO NOT ENGAGE IN WILDCAT INVESTING with money you cannot doe without
d guy finish u. i second that
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by madcobra(m): 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2008
I FEEL NO PITY FOR YOU . WHY MUST YOU USE YOUR SCHOOL FEES MONEY TO BUY STOCKS ? WHO GAVE YOU SUCH AN ADVICE. DID YOUR MUM NEVER TELL YOU THAT IN CAPITALISM THE RICH DO EVERY THING IN THERE POWER TO SWINDLE THE POOR.MY SON "YE A SHEEP I SEND AMISS WOLF" SO BEAR YOUR PAIN MY BOY. grin grin grin
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by iamok: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2008
Please i need somebody that knows much about stock to advice me before i faint.

You dont need anybody, go ahead and faint.

In the first place did u ask for advice b4 u venture into buying. "Transcorp for that matter"

Everyone knows that after the IPO of transcorp there has been fall in the price n you went ahead to buy and not just buy but with your "school fees" that you might probably need ASAP. if it is with another money it would have been better cos no one knows tommorrow, the price might increase but not now.

Please follow trend of things ok. Dont be too ambitious.

One side of me feel for u but on the other side

Please go ahead and faint.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by coopedro(m): 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2008
My dear take heart.

If u had used that very money to play coupon it wud have been better 4 u.

My advise is that u go home and tell ur parents that robbers attacked u.

Simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by bawomolo(m): 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2008
coo_pedro:

My dear take heart.

If u had used that very money to play coupon it would have been better for you.

My advise is that u go home and tell your parents that robbers attacked u.

Simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what kind of advice is this?? do u want him to start a cycle of lies.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by femi4love(m): 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2008
iamok:

You don't need anybody, go ahead and faint.

In the first place did u ask for advice before u venture into buying. "Transcorp for that matter"

Everyone knows that after the IPO of transcorp there has been fall in the price n you went ahead to buy and not just buy but with your "school fees" that you might probably need ASAP. if it is with another money it would have been better because no one knows tommorrow, the price might increase but not now.

This is the funniest reply to a post I've seen recently. I've almost fainted laughing very hard. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by coopedro(m): 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2008
bawomolo:

what kind of advice is this?? do u want him to start a cycle of lies.

He needed an advise.

Besides, my guy is not complaining because he knows the advise will be very useful to him.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2008
Okay, am sure uve received enuff flogging from other members, so let me offer my humble advice. Thing is, what u did, was adventurous. It wasnt cool, using your schoolfees for that, but it shows at least you were thinking of making your money work for you which shows you are thinking way ahead of the pack.
As for capitalism, someone mentioned its the rick taking from the poor, well, its the only system that works, people produce ideas, build businesses, and employ people, unlike communism, which doesnt work, look at cuba for crying out loud.
Anyway, guy, investing has its risks, and well you lost money, its not the end of the world, just cut your losses. You could wait for it to rise, or you could just sell and raise the rest yourself. Investing is cool, next time, just use money you wont mind losing.
Cheers and good luck, dont beat urself up, the mistake has already been made!
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2008
Sorry @poster, remember, most billionaires today took risks and gambles similar to yours to get started, so you can remember that,
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by SENATORJD(m): 3:34pm On Apr 16, 2008
wavemasta:

Sorry @poster, remember, most billionaires today took risks and gambles similar to yours to get started, so you can remember that,
let me interprete what he meant, nxt time ur papa/mama give u ur nxt school fees hmmmmm, carry am go buy shares again.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Uche2nna(m): 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2008
iamok:

You don't need anybody, go ahead and faint.

In the first place did u ask for advice before u venture into buying. "Transcorp for that matter"

Everyone knows that after the IPO of transcorp there has been fall in the price n you went ahead to buy and not just buy but with your "school fees" that you might probably need ASAP. if it is with another money it would have been better because no one knows tommorrow, the price might increase but not now.

Kai!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by chiibest(f): 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2008
You need no apologies. Transcorp shares has been going down after their IPO. If you needed to buy shares, not transcorp that everybody knew that something was wrong with since the main man is out of the scene.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by lightest(m): 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ poster

Don't let anybody deceive you. just know that " in every trash there will always be a hidden treasure". The richiest america shoe factory saw sandal in indan and not poverty that he collegue saw then. And he invested in the future. My brother you have just invested in your future and the future of your children. Mike Adenuga paid so much non refundable fee for GSM license initially with Abdulsalam yet it was revoke by Obansanjo. A friend encourages him to re invest and he did now we are shouting Glo with pride. But my little advice for you is that don't rush to do things. A journey of million years start with single step they say.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by obitobe: 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2008
guy that was a very stupid move you made there,you didn't see any other share to buy its transcorp.did they blind fold your eyes or were you jazzed while going to buy it,well just bear in mind that you will never get thesame returns with transcrop,you should have consulted the newspapers for progression before making that move of buying transcorp.With OBJ out of there they are heading to N1 per shares,imaging from N7 to N4 thats madness.abeg next time shine shocked your eye

also using your school fee,well in a way if it were to be progressive share i would i said that was good but since you ventured into a stupid one then i will tell BA SENSE, just pray they don't bounce you from school.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by obitobe: 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2008
lightest:

@ poster

Don't let anybody deceive you. just know that " in every trash there will always be a hidden treasure".  My brother you have just invested in your future and the future of your children.  A journey of million years start with single step they say.
not with transcrop now that OBJ is out of the scence,that was a wrong investment for you and your children.Hunger go kpai una grin
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by lightest(m): 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2008
my guy, i don't really know how much you worth in terms of penny stock, but i know i worth so much that i can comfortably buy 3 honder baby boy in terms of penny stock. see some years ago precisly 2005, AP stock stood at N48 and people were running away from it. Thank God i bought so much while i was serving. Now go and check the price. Also I bought Vitafoam Stock at 7.42 in 2003, by 2006 it went down to N4.25 and stood there for so long. I kept buying and buying now go and check the price. If i have 200,000.00 today i will buy transcorp. i don't your analyst but me am cool with that in the nearest future it will be hot cake
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by husu(m): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2008
@poster,good move there.dont mind the cowards talking rubish.if u try u dont succeed,try again.u have taken a first step to success.visit stockmarket tips for nigerians.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2008
yes o - next time you can use your wifes bride price
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Scopium: 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2008
[size=13pt]@ poster
Don't you worry 'bout a thang. No Risk No Reward No Guts No Glory
There's always a way out of any fix.[/size]
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Goshen360(m): 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2008
whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2008
oyb:

ah ah
make una pity the guy now.
He's already down and you people are stepping down on him too
So unNigerian
una no get heart?

@ poster,I hope you learnt a good lesson.
sell and get the rest of the money,go back and beg your parents for the rest of your school fees.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by howfar2: 5:55pm On Apr 16, 2008
@poster

You just invested into Ota farms, where you don't get the rewards of investment.

1 Like

Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by A40(m): 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2008
You don enter one chance my uncle is a broker and warned me not to try it when their stock was on public offer i am glad i heeded his advice cheesy
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by SENATORJD(m): 6:01pm On Apr 16, 2008
oyb:

hahahahhahhahahha damn am cracking up grin cheesy
A-40:

You don enter one chance my uncle is a broker and warned me not to try it when their stock was on public offer i am glad i heeded his advice cheesy
u don enta one chance one chance. u don hear dbaj n sing that song. guy ur own don be no b small embarassed
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by spikedcylinder: 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2008
I also bought 3 thousand units of their IPO and i havent even seen a certificate. I'm not even bothered! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Step To Step: How To Start Liquid Soap Manufacturing Business / My Review Of Orton Farm Investment (verdict: It's A Ponzi) / Learn How To Produce Different Types Of High Grade Quality Paints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.