Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

APC Visits Obasanjo Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Visits Obasanjo Today (22501 Views)

IGP Arase Visits Obasanjo (Photos) / Prince Adedamola Aderemi Visits Obasanjo (photos) / President Jonathan To Visit Obasanjo Today In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Visits Obasanjo Today by unuane1(m): 12:44am On Dec 21, 2013
Leaders of the All Progressives Congress will visit former President Olusegun Obasanjo today, our correspondent has learnt.

A leader of APC, who pleaded anonymity, told our correspondent on Friday that some leaders of the party, including some of its governors will meet Obasanjo at his home in Ota, Ogun State.

At the residence of a former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar, on Wednesday, former Head of State and a chief of APC, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, hinted that the next stop of the party’s leadership in its visits to notable Nigerians would be Obasanjo’s residence.

Buhari said APC will meet Obasanjo and explain to him the reason for the formation of the party.

Speaking to our correspondent, the APC source noted that the team to Obasanjo will be comprise of select leader of the party and some governors.

“The visit in happen tomorrow. Select leaders of APC will visit Obasanjo tomorrow. Some APC governors will also be there,” he said

The source however did not mention the names of the APC leaders, who will be part of the delegation, but noted that it would include largely the same set of the party’s leaders that had visited other former Heads of State such as Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar and Gen. Ibrahim Babangida.

Apart from the Interim National Chairman of APC, Chief Bisi Akande, other leaders such as former governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu are expected to be part of the delegation to Obasanjo.

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-visits-obasanjo-today/

2 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Hadone(m): 12:50am On Dec 21, 2013
CLUELESS PARTY

8 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by madamoringo(f): 1:30am On Dec 21, 2013
There is really NO QUESTIONS about it! Some parts of Nigeria are masters of diplomacy! Good progress and wish them well! grin grin wink

11 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by malele(m): 1:40am On Dec 21, 2013
Why must southwest always gang up with the north nawah oo

2 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by egift(m): 2:52am On Dec 21, 2013
So far, APC have played a well coordinated politics that have expanded their party base without spending a kobo in elections - winning support, governorship seats, Senate seats, LGA, Councillors, HoR, etc.

PDP just dey look them like mumu grin

30 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by MrKnowitall: 2:55am On Dec 21, 2013
Politics is a game best played by diplomatic and cunning individuals. It seems to me like Goodluck Jonathan and

PDP were used to handling things with brute force. Now that this very messy situation will not go away with

brute force, they do not know how to be cunning or diplomatic. Politics is a game best played by diplomatic

and cunning individuals. My people in the South East would say "Agba nsị nkịtị ọ n?esi usi." Goodluck Jonathan

and PDP are in for a world of hurt.

5 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by egift(m): 2:55am On Dec 21, 2013
malele: Why must southwest always gang up with the north nawah oo
Nwoke m, park well. Nigeria is uniting for progress and development. All hands must be on deck - yes including those that spoil it.

Up APC!

13 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by CircleOfWilis: 5:55am On Dec 21, 2013
ebele
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Segadem(m): 6:33am On Dec 21, 2013
egift: So far, APC have played a well coordinated politics that have expanded their party base without spending a kobo in elections - winning support, governorship seats, Senate seats, LGA, Councillors, HoR, etc.

PDP just dey look them like mumu grin
We are yet to see messiah,do you think this APC will perform wonder if elected? I seriously doubted it.
Will APC import another politician from heaven?Are they not from the same old Wagon PDP has Okupe predicted?Are they not recycling people we have condemned already?
See, they are just OLD wine in a New BOTTLE!

40 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by bonio: 7:48am On Dec 21, 2013
space booked. APC all the way

4 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by shagaribarau: 7:55am On Dec 21, 2013
This topic is realy interesting, Indeed a well coodinated politics is now wat we are seeing. i m praying for your success u gyys are doing well. tnx for progressive

3 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by ziccoit: 8:02am On Dec 21, 2013
I'm not a politician but I must give it to these APC guys. They are a bunch of strategists, planners and executors.

4 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Eefhay: 8:27am On Dec 21, 2013
Why am I smelling deceit, foul play etc all in desperation for power?

8 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by kingbang: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2013
Am so happy the way APC is absorbing these born looters like OBj,Atiku and co. Let PDP continue purging itself of anti-democratic,self serving and corrupt elements, 2015 will be their's. Nigerians are watching, we are not stupid.

42 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by ebube89(f): 10:47am On Dec 21, 2013
Please wat is d difference b/w pdp and apc. The difference is the same. If d same people dat all destroyed dis country are all in apc, I just wonder cos dere is no hope 4 dis country. Apc is just a party of disgruntled politician who have used dis country. There is no single credible person dere. Has apc said one thing dey will do for dis country ? Dey. are only desperste for power and looking for anybody to actualize dia political dreams. If devil was alive d apc will hav invited him to join dem I just pitydis country. Nigerians shd be wise.

21 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Thej(m): 11:31am On Dec 21, 2013
Governor Lamido has said it all. APC= Angry People Congress. But is only a fool that will say my brother has said it all. Dis people are only despirate for power but still depend on pdp-lites. I could remember Atiku and Ribadu for ACN den. Both scouted for in pdp. Who is next in pdp? I guess TAMBUWA

9 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
Condole him please... He has lost out in the crude oil bonanza.
If APC wins in 2015, I would leave Nigeria till further notice. APC will steal and steal and steal and loot... Yes they would fight corruption(pdp) and build infrastructure( bot e.g lekki concession company and bicourtney-Ibadan expressway)
But they must be Tinubu and obasanjo looting the southwest dry, the north have looting in their DNA no matter the party, Rochas continues to fool IMO state, Ngige reinforces to take back anambra, by looting massively as an APC minister) amaechi looting for the masses of rivers state, saraki sucking Kwara dry as usual. These men (and several others) would out loot the previous pdp godfathers in their territory so as to be in control. Whereas a pdp Godfather would utilize 500m to provide boreholes in certain communities,(because he is now accustomed to looting oil billions) a fresh APC man would embezzle everything so as to catch up.
All these men, from ribadu to oritsejafor, to tafa balogun to Tinubu to obj to kwankwaso to tambuwal to Stella oduah are politicians. Nigerian politics is all about the loot. Fresh looters always "outloot" previous looters which makes the previous looters appear like saints.
GEJ continua

36 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
when we extended our loving hand to u pple from the south east,u burned our hand by rejecting ngige and calling us unprintable names as've the election was the end of the world.
our gates are wide open for u to join the winning or should I say ruling party.
u pple just do tins without tinking of the future.
no disrespect to my south east bros.

3 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Olaolufred(m): 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2013

It is called the ability to project ones interest with the cooperation of others.
No man makes it alone. That is why you need others.

However, some region castigate others as if they were an island of all.

Time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by 1MCN: 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
It beats my imagination that (young) people on this forum will get excited by this development and calling the APC master-strategists. This is shameful. We said corruption was the beign of our democracy yet these public sinners who bequeathed nothing to us other than corruption are the very ones who have turned saints only because they've fallen out with our arch enemy. APC is dissappointing her hopefull faithful at the grassroots! Jonathan has succeeded in exorcizing the PDP of corrupt members and now sifting them to over ambitious APC and youths are hailing! The only three people in the APC who still have some very little shred of public cred are Buhari, Ribadu and Ogbonnaya Onu. Imagine people like Tinubu, Tom Ikini, Atiku, IBB, Obasanjo, El Rufai, Fani Kayode, Saraki, oh, APC all too soon turned itself into a scum!

29 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Abariwiseman: 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
I am dissappointed with APC! It simply show they lack ideology.
It seems PDP is becoming better and well organized.

10 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by yetunsbay(m): 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
HisRoyalHardnes: Condole him please... He has lost out in the crude oil bonanza.
If APC wins in 2015, I would leave Nigeria till further notice. APC will steal and steal and steal and loot... Yes they would fight corruption(pdp) and build infrastructure( bot e.g lekki concession company and bicourtney-Ibadan expressway)
But they must be Tinubu and obasanjo looting the southwest dry, the north have looting in their DNA no matter the party, Rochas continues to fool IMO state, Ngige reinforces to take back anambra, by looting massively as an APC minister) amaechi looting for the masses of rivers state, saraki sucking Kwara dry as usual. These men (and several others) would out loot the previous pdp godfathers in their territory so as to be in control. Whereas a pdp Godfather would utilize 500m to provide boreholes in certain communities,(because he is now accustomed to looting oil billions) a fresh APC man would embezzle everything so as to catch up.
All these men, from ribadu to oritsejafor, to tafa balogun to Tinubu to obj to kwankwaso to tambuwal to Stella oduah are politicians. Nigerian politics is all about the loot. Fresh looters always "outloot" previous looters which makes the previous looters appear like saints.
GEJ continua
WHAT'S THE WAY FORWARD THEN? and never tell me dem never loot in dis current dispensatn

1 Like

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by piratedcopy(m): 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
this space is for sale
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by LMAyedun(m): 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
SMH!
The Hypocrisy in APC ehn!!!

3 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by martin92(m): 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
Is it obasanjo that will influence my vote ?

3 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by kingarizona(m): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
In wizkid's voice, they ma form familiarity, eyeh yeh yeh

Confused set of people, Confused party
You failed ya 1st test at Anambra governorship election and u think you can win the presidency?!
HELL NO!!! So, wake up Nigerians

PDP all the way
Team GEJ 2015 - 2019

8 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by PeeDaVinci: 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
Last time i checked, Jonathan won against Buhari and/or Ribadu in the 2011 elections in the south west. Jonathan would still have won again, but for the fact that he is grossly incompetent both in managing the country and its politics, his chances in 2015 is rather bleak

5 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by BankManager(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
It's so shocking that the newly merged party,APC,we all taught MAY bring a positive change in governance in Nigeria never get tired of displaying their selfish ambition cos of the 2015 general elections..
If truly they are eager for change,why meeting with a man who wasted £16billion in the power sector,gave us BAD ROADS,Never maintained our Health care and schools,No household internet connection,etc..The Lagos-Ibadan expressway is a case study of what i call BAD ROAD NETWORK..
We are in dire need of a Democratic government where the indigent,and not the men of property,are the rulers..We ought to be talking of economic growth and national development plans,yet,this guys are talking about bringing a corrupt individual to their party..Damn!This is the 21st century.
With due respect to ex-President Obasanjo,it's high time i clearly state that the he is among those who KILLED Nigeria..Our economy is so stagnated that sometimes,i begin to imagine when our citizens will start enjoying the dividend of good governance..U may not understand what i'm talking about until you LEAVE Nigeria and MOVE to the western world..
If truly APC is eager for change,wooing founding fathers and members of the ruling party,PDP,is a regressive move..
Dropping my pen here..The only thing i will just say is this:To avoid having bad leaders,all electorates should participate in the 2015 general elections..It's never too late to turn things around.
The ignorance of one voter in an election impairs the security of all..!!

8 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by homesteady(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
And I was beginning to like APC undecided mtcheew!
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
APC is just anti-GEJ if Gej becomes anti-gej they'll make him a chieftain!

There is nothing progressive about APC and expecting them to be the change is nothing but a wild goose chase!

10 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by jmoore(m): 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
If Goodluck Jonathan wants to join APC they will accept him too. smh

4 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by ibautodealer(m): 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
Here comes the genesis of Neo-PDP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Nigeria At 60: We Have Cracks That May Break Us - Osinbajo / Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.