Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,183 members, 7,953,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

Is Milk Of Magnesia (MOM) The Holy Grail For Oily Skin??? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Milk Of Magnesia (MOM) The Holy Grail For Oily Skin??? (2311 Views)

Ladies!!!an Amazing Use For Milk Of Magnesia Antacid / Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face / Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Milk Of Magnesia (MOM) The Holy Grail For Oily Skin??? by ChloesMakeover(f): 1:23am On Dec 21, 2013
Hi Lovelies, Compliments of the season to you all, I hope everyone is feeling the Christmas breeze already...? So today i'll be talking about something most makeup lovers have been raving about for some time now : Milk of Magnesia!!! Perhaps some of you would be wondering, what business does makeup have with cure for gastro-intestinal issues? I shall tell you... Originally prescribed by doctors to relieve constipation,Milk of Magnesia is commonly used as a laxative and antacid. Scientifically, it is also known as Magnesium Hydroxide...Its a suspension of hydrated magnesium carbonate in water (boring stuff right) before i send you all to sleep with this science talk, i'll jump right at it. How to use Milk of Magnesia: Make sure to shake well before use. After cleansing your face, apply a thin layer of mom on the face in a circular motion making sure to concentrate on the areas you usually get oily. Most times these areas would be the t-zone and also the cheeks. Don't forget , a little goes a long way..It's not a scrub, so be easy on your face. Once it is completely dried, you can go right ahead and apply your makeup.Milk of Magnesia can be used as a face primer for the sole purpose of having a smoother canvas to apply makeup on. It also helps to keep the oil at bay, thereby having your makeup last all day long. I used mom for the first time for this look and i could instantly feel the effect. I kept touching my face through out the day, checking for oil, but there was none... amaaaaazeballs! This sounds too good to be true right? .. it probably is! From what i hear, you shouldn't use too much of Milk of Magnesia as a primer as it may dry out and leave white patches on your face. Also for those who do not have oily skin they may have issues with dryness, irritation, flakiness and tightness when using milk of magnesia. This product is truly meant for those who experience genuine problems with oily skin. If you want to use milk of magnesia on combination skin, apply only in areas truly affected by oil. Milk of magnesia may also tighten your pores, which could end up being another issue for those who have dry or sensitive skin. Pheeewww!! One more thing to note, please stick to the original flavour,which is odourless, and not the strawberry or orange or what have you flavour, we don't wanna be applying sugar on our face now, do we? So ladies, give this a try and tell me what you think.

Check out more pictures on:

http://www.chloesmakeover..com/2013/12/mom-as-face-primer.html?m=1

Or

http://chloesmakeover..com/2013/12/mom-as-face-primer.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Is Milk Of Magnesia (MOM) The Holy Grail For Oily Skin??? by mink505: 4:02am On Dec 21, 2013
One more thing to note, please stick to the original flavour,which is odourless, and not the strawberry or orange or what have you flavour, we don't wanna be applying sugar on our face now, do we?

This made me LOL

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Yvonne Nelson Or Nadia Buhari! Who Looks Better In A Bikini? / Stylish Ankara Gown Design That Keeps You Cute Than Ever !!!!!! / Miss America; Nina Davuluri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.