Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? (61633 Views)

Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face / Popular Water Based Moisturizers For My Oily Skin That I Can Afford / Good Cream For An Oily Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by NJV: 2:08pm On May 24, 2012
Hello all. Pls i'd really like to get a foundation for my face but i'm having a hard deciding which will be better between mary kay and black opal. The thing is, i have an oily face. I'm not buying cos of the oil, i just need a foundation for ocassional use.
Pls those who've used these products should help me decide.
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 24, 2012
if you want one out of the two then i'l pick black opal it has less oil concentration and when using make it very light also i think black opal has a product that reduces oil production i cant remember the name.
Aside the two there are other great brands.

1 Like

Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by NJV: 3:25pm On May 24, 2012
^^ i appreciate ur response. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by AmenJoan(f): 4:49am On May 29, 2012
Punnonline is very correct. I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ addition, esp if U̶̲̥̅̊ cannot get the black opal product that reduces shine, U̶̲̥̅̊'ll want τ̲̅ȍ get mary kay oil matiffier. Its very good fo oily skin. Use before Ɣ☺Your entire makeup, after U̶̲̥̅̊ must have cleansed Ɣ☺Your face.
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by NJV: 5:54am On May 29, 2012
Tnx Amen Joan. But pls why do some pple's face appear darker after using foundation and powder? I'v actually comfirmed some to use their correct skin color but still appear darker!
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by AmenJoan(f): 8:38am On May 29, 2012
If the face appears darker, its because either the shade of powder or foundation is wrong. Its also possible its A̶̲̥̅̊ fake product or U̶̲̥̅̊ are using A̶̲̥̅̊ ♏Ω̴̩̩̩̥kέ that is not good for your skin. Get someone that's into makeup τ̲̅ȍ recommend for you A̶̲̥̅̊ƞϑ possibly purchase them since we know whr τ̲̅ȍ get original products. A̶̲̥̅ℓℓ the best
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by vinibabe: 7:11am On May 30, 2012
NJV: Tnx Amen Joan. But pls why do some pple's face appear darker after using foundation and powder? I'v actually comfirmed some to use their correct skin color but still appear darker!
I know this happens when you use the same colur of d make up with ur skin. I always tell my friends that if ur skin colour is 4 don't use colour 4 but 3 which is lighter. Or if the foundation is an exact colour of ur skin then the loose powder should not be same. Am saying this from experience, am not a make expert. You know Nigeria is very sunny and hot and when you use same colour and is looking fine when u left ur room, by the time you enter the hot sun it will change. Another thing again is when you go to buy this makeup we usually test it on our skin to see if it marches, but we all know the face is our noticeble part of our body and is sometime lighter, becos of cleansing and all those stuff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by NJV: 10:35am On May 30, 2012
Tnx so much. I think i'll get a lighter loose powder then.
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by kandiikane(m): 3:12pm On May 30, 2012
I have never used mary kay or black opal but I use MAC but I find the foundation too liquidy and it can look fake so decided to get the studio fix foundation/power and it works. It tackles the oilyness but also I just felt like it looked fake as in people can tell I'm wearing foundation so decided to try avon and it looks so natural bt still covers up.

1 Like

Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by NJV: 8:50pm On May 30, 2012
^^ ok. So what is the cost of avon cos i never heard of it.
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by kandiikane(m): 10:42am On May 31, 2012
Oh. Well its cheaper than MAC. I didn't buy the avon myself. My mum is an Avon Rep so got it from her for free. If you don't know it its better to stick with what you do then.
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by SwanBeauty: 12:42pm On May 31, 2012
Hi there, I am a makeup artist, and I have been into it for years. I'd like to just use this medium to talk a little bit about the different types of foundation we have and how they are used. We have different types of foundations in the market, but I'd like to classify them into 2 which are; liquid foundations and cream foundations. Most liquid foundations are water-based and a few are oil-based, most of them are in bottles and tubes; examples of water-based foundation are Mary Kay, MAC, Black up etc, they all have their liquid foundations, while most cream foundations are oil based for example, MAC, Iman, Mary Kay, Black up, Black Opal etc. they are usually in compact or stick form and are usually referred to as 'cream to powder'. This invariably means that liquid foundations are best for those with oily skin while cream foundations are best for those with dry skins.
As for Mary Kay, they are have been in market for long, though the product has been adulterated, you can get original ones from approved distributors and I have been using them for years.
My reasons for picking Mary Kay are because it is non-comedogenic i.e it doesn't clog pores, It also gives a sheer finishing, i.e a light finishing, not too heavy nor cakey. It also keeps the face oil-free for about 4 hours.
Need to also point out that I have worked for clients who tell me that they react to Mary Kay, so as a make up artist, i have different products that suit different people.

Tip: Try a Mary Kay foundation and an Iman powder, the combination is Wow!
Also, if you want to buy Mary Kay foundation, I don't know what your complexion shade is, but I'm sure you are a Nigerian, so make sure it is the "Bronze" you buy, not the "Beige", because the bronze is the one made for black people it has a warm undertone.

Thank you.

19 Likes

Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by kandiikane(m): 12:58pm On May 31, 2012
I will like to make a comment on using "the for bronze for black because it has a warm undertone".
Black people can also have cool undertones or neutral. I have been having problems finding the right makeup from other brands because they assume because we are all black we have the same shade and undertone and they make one or two shades for us all.

1 Like

Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by Onegai(f): 5:33am On Jun 05, 2012
Hey, guys, I'm a makeup artist who's had to work with dark skintones in different climates and currently with Nigeria, I have a lot of makeup lines sending me stuff to try, so here are my thoughts.
I wouldn't recommend Black Opal, not their powder too. It looks great if your skin is dry, but otherwise it always looks oily. Do you really want to buy a mattifier and then use a product over it that makes your skin still look oily?
Try Mary Kay Mattifer, it's good. MAC unfortunately doesn't work well under our sun. If you've got the money to splurge, check out Becca cosmetics in Dolphin estate. If you're on a budget, work with Mary Kay, but know it's not pigmented, so look for Avon liquid foundation. Check out brands like Zaron and Khuraira cosmetics. Khuraira makes a lovely translucent powder, it looks white, but mattifies perfectly and because it's a mattifier, you can keep re-adding it over your foundation without makeup looking cakey. Unfortunately, Tara Orekelewa's powders are heavy and require a lot of work. For those living outside the country, I also have recommendations. HTH

www.naijapretty..com

1 Like

Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by eugymuna: 10:28am On Feb 27, 2013
HELLO FELLOW NAIRALANDERS , GOOD TO KNOW WE HAVE GOOD MAKE UP ARTISTE ON THIS FORUM, I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. I HAVE VERY OILY FACE, I USE BOTH THE NEUTROGENA OIL FREE WASH , TONER AND CLEANSER YET MY FACE IS STILL AS OILY AS EVER. MAKING UP ISNT FUN ANYMORE COS I USE TARA MATTIFIER, SLEEK FOUNDATION AND MAC POWDER YET NO IMPROVEMENT, PLS HOUSE CAN U HELP WITH D BEST MAKE UP PRODUCT TO BUY , AM DARK IN COMPLEXION
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by Gloriagee(f): 5:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
Eyah. Try using a good mask. You can do at home facials. sometimes I mask my face with egg white. Black up IMHO is about the best foundation for oily skin. N it comes across as natural too. Sometimes, you can use loose white powder over the foundation. There's this cheap Ponds Oil control powder that you can use to set your foundation.

2 Likes

Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by hernyhorla: 11:41am On Mar 12, 2013
Hey ladies, right now i am about getting a powder but really confused about which to use. I have never used foundation before . I used the iman oil blotting powder and found out it makes my face shine. Some one just told me to try Zaron and that i don't need a foundation. I noticed i have some pimples after a facial mask on sat. what is d difference between concealer and foundation, please
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by Yvete(f): 3:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
To reduce oily skin, use a primer before applying your foundation (can't do without).

I use Mark Kay oil mattifier. It works for about 6-8hrs. Thats the only good thing from Mary Kay. Lolz
My foundations: Mac NW45 or MakeUpForever Duo Mat (oil-free). I've got combination skin and the duo mat is awesome. Works!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by Onegai(f): 7:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
hernyhorla: Hey ladies, right now i am about getting a powder but really confused about which to use. I have never used foundation before . I used the iman oil blotting powder and found out it makes my face shine. Some one just told me to try Zaron and that i don't need a foundation. I noticed i have some pimples after a facial mask on sat. what is d difference between concealer and foundation, please

Hey, you're probably reacting to an ingredient in that mask, which is making you break out. Concealer is like foundation, but usually thicker in pigment. Which means it covers more, so can be used to cover acne, scars and dark spots, where your foundation might not do so. Zaron powders seem quite good (I got a palette of them, you just need one), so go to a Zaron store and have them apply it on you, walk around for a few hours and then check to see if you still have excessive oiliness and if it's oxidizing on you (making you look dark). You'll always have oily skin (it's our weather), but if you do feel you need a foundation, please go for Black Up. For more info, contact me at http://naijapretty..com
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by BBcool: 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
please, what is the difference between beige and bronze mary kay? I av an oily skin and I use beige 2. What can I use to minimize the oiliness? Thanx
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by Homogeneositys(f): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
I Av Oily face but i used lemon 2 clean my face morning and night, my face is nt oily anymore
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by bukkylois(f): 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
BBcool: please, what is the difference between beige and bronze mary kay? I av an oily skin and I use beige 2. What can I use to minimize the oiliness? Thanx
Beige is actually a caucasian, if u r a black lady u shld use bronze, bronze 500(in mary kay medium- full coverage foundation- the one in white and pink) is for someone as light as monalisa chinda while the last in d range 808 is for someone a little lighter than alec wec(famous model) if u fall within this range, bronze is for u
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by bukkylois(f): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2013
BBcool: please, what is the difference between beige and bronze mary kay? I av an oily skin and I use beige 2. What can I use to minimize the oiliness? Thanx
Beige is actually a caucasian shade(white and asian), if u r a black lady u shld use bronze, bronze 500(in mary kay medium- full coverage foundation- the one in white and pink) is for someone as light as monalisa chinda while the last in d range 808 is for someone a little lighter than alec wec(famous model) if u fall within this range, bronze is for u
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by ogoodeoriz: 11:19am On Jul 18, 2013
Ds forum has bin of great help to me esp wen I was abt patronizing perfect herbals. Thnx babes. God bless U all. I have a very oily skin prone to acne on ma face, back and upper arm. I've used so many diff products buh nothin worked. I love mild products, plz do recommend. Tnx.
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by bukkylois(f): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
ogoodeoriz: Ds forum has bin of great help to me esp wen I was abt patronizing perfect herbals. Thnx babes. God bless U all. I have a very oily skin prone to acne on ma face, back and upper arm. I've used so many diff products buh nothin worked. I love mild products, plz do recommend. Tnx.
Since u have used a lot of products, go to a pharmacist who would prescribe antibotics for acne for u. Always wash ur face, Nvr sleep with makeup on, also avoid oil based foundations. To keep acne away I take 1000mg of vit C a day. Dt one u drop in water. Finally try n get an oil control facial wash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by Onegai(f): 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
ogoodeoriz: Ds forum has bin of great help to me esp wen I was abt patronizing perfect herbals. Thnx babes. God bless U all. I have a very oily skin prone to acne on ma face, back and upper arm. I've used so many diff products buh nothin worked. I love mild products, plz do recommend. Tnx.

Hello, I had a client with skin like yours, and believe you me, she tried every fantastic cleanser and cream and spa treatment on the market here and internationally. Turns out, it wasn't just acne, she was allergic to certain ingredients in her products that made her breakouts worse. Things like Lactic acid (most dairy products), Aloe vera (yes, people are allergic to it sadly), and Coconut anything (milk or oil) and she was also allergic to a common ingredient in most MAC cosmetics (which she had used all her life). So try out a mild, good oil-free wash like Neutrogena Oil-free Acne cleanser and then cut out one of the things I listed above in your cream and foods. It may help. I'm not a dermatologist, just a makeup artist who lives with a dermatologist, lol, so I hear a bit. HTH. http://naijapretty..com

1 Like

Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by BBcool: 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2013
bukkylois:
Beige is actually a caucasian shade(white and asian), if u r a black lady u shld use bronze, bronze 500(in mary kay medium- full coverage foundation- the one in white and pink) is for someone as light as monalisa chinda while the last in d range 808 is for someone a little lighter than alec wec(famous model) if u fall within this range, bronze is for u
Thanks bukkylois. I'm a nigerian and chocolate in complexion. I'm a bit light. Should I go for bronze?
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by ogoodeoriz: 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
Thanks to y'all. I'm gleeful right now. I will heed to your advice and i am optimistic that i will smile soon and my self esteem will build up. Thanks again.
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by Skenge98: 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hello friends, please advice me on the type of cream or cleanser I should use to remove heavy dark sun burn from my face and I also have oil face, please I need your help.
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by bukkylois(f): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
BBcool:
Thanks bukkylois. I'm a nigerian and chocolate in complexion. I'm a bit light. Should I go for bronze?
Sure u can
Re: Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? by motunzmakeover: 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
For someone with an oily skin use a clay or mud mask,u can try mary kay's formula3 clarifying mask or Queen Helene mud mask.try not to scrub your face with facial scrubs with grains because it can irritate blemish and cause more break outs.cleanse tone and moisturise twice daily I.e morning and night.u can use beauty formula oil free wash or neutrogena acne oil free wash,avoid touching ur face cos of moving bacteria from ur hands to ur face.steam ur face with hot water with a towel to cover urself once a week to minimise ur pores,use only clean water to wash ur face.avoid wearing makeup all the time so that ur face can breathe,use mineral powder cos it has natural ingredients to heal problem parts on the face.drink plenty of water to detoxify ur system.u can also try some home remedies like mixing egg white with oats to minimise oil and give a vibrant complexion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miss USA, America, Teen USA, Universe And Now Miss World Are All Blacks. / Father Hyacinth Okwara Tried To Flog Me - Vivian Emesaraonye Dimgba / Lady Complains Bitterly After Fake Organic Cream Damaged Her Skin (Video, Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.