Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face (48094 Views)

Need Help For An Oily Face That Causes Pimples / Tips on how to Manage an Oily face- Result guaranteed! / Good Cream For An Oily Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Mcleo007(m): 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
The face is a vital part of one’s look; it’s the first part of the body that draws attention and speaks volumes of your appearance. Ladies with oily face and skin have a common skin condition such as blackheads and acne, which often make them lose sleep on how to make their faces beautiful.

Oily face attracts more dirt, so a regular skin care routine should be maintained to reduce the excess of oil in the body or stop it from coming to the face.

Though, oily skin could be as a result of stress, diet and heredity, there are useful tips that can guide you to control oily face and make your face look good. Now, take the following tips to heart;

·Wash your face regularly, morning and evening, to get off excess oil from the skin.
·Avoid intake of foods with high fats such as fried stuff and chocolate.
·Make sure you wear oil free make-ups, because applying oily make-up can cause more problems to your face.
·Avoid harsh facial cleansers and scrubs.
·Moisturize your face with oil free products.
·Keep blotting papers in your bag or purse and use it in your bag or purse and use it to touch up your face from time to time.
·You can also apply powder on your face to absorb oil.

I hope the tips provided here have been of help?

Source

9 Likes

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by princysharma90(f): 6:59am On Jul 25, 2012
Thanks for your tips..
I will do follow up your tips and may be it will help me out too..
Nice post.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by shollykaye: 7:47am On Jul 25, 2012
IF you have oily face,u can also steam your face with hot water. Pour a kettle of boiling water in a bowl,place ur face over d bowl(not inside d bowl) & cover ur head with a towel to prevent d steam for escaping. It works for me.

4 Likes

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Mcleo007(m): 8:35am On Jul 25, 2012
princysharma90: Thanks for your tips..
I will do follow up your tips and may be it will help me out too..
Nice post.

You are welcome dear. It works.

shollykaye: IF you have oily face,u can also steam your face with hot face. Pour a kettle of boiling water in a bowl,place ur face over d bowl(not inside d bowl) & cover ur head with a towel to prevent d steam for escaping. It works for me.

Its called Face-saving steam. Thanks for the contribution.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by kandiikane(m): 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
Gawd! I have an oily and sensitive face and when I mean oily, you can use the oil as body cream. Majority of the time when going out I don't rub cream on my face. It always gets soo shiny, around my t-zone. I am prone to spots-well, I use to suffer from spots during my high school days but I thank God for years of taking care of it, I have not one single spot.

I don't use any type of products for my face because I don't want to break out and I don't let people touch my face because I don't know what germs they are carrying.

I wash my face quite regularly but I am a sucker for chocolate. grin

1 Like

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Mcleo007(m): 8:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
kandiikane: Gawd! I have an oily and sensitive face and when I mean oily, you can use the oil as body cream. Majority of the time when going out I don't rub cream on my face. It always gets soo shiny, around my t-zone. I am prone to spots-well, I use to suffer from spots during my high school days but I thank God for years of taking care of it, I have not one single spot.

I don't use any type of products for my face because I don't want to break out and I don't let people touch my face because I don't know what germs they are carrying.

Thanks for sharing! cheesy grin
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by kandiikane(m): 8:20pm On Jul 25, 2012
Lol grin
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Korrection(m): 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2012
tell it to the healthy mothers in the villages.....mtchewwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Freeopod(m): 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
Apply shea butter on ur face...it works wonderz! Com n thank me later
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Ehimax(m): 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
Plz i want to knw how i can get rid of black spots on my face, anyone with idea should please share it, its making me lost my confidence.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Ehimax(m): 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2012
Where can i get shea butter and whats the cost?
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by bocin500(m): 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
u this correction guy sef, who u be? abi na attention u de always look for? some set of people come together to proffer solutions to an obvious "little fox" that keeps bedeviling humans and u come with a sarcastic an irritating comment as "..telling it to the healthy mothers in the villages...". Even The Good book says "..a fo.ol is considered wise when he is quiet..". Its not mandatory that you must make comments on every thread posted. Please take [i]correction [/i]even if its just this one time. Thank you.

@freeopod, im sure thats a tip so many will find helpful, good one.

@OP, nice thread..im sure many will agree with me that nairaland (in general) need educative and incisive posts as this, good one!

6 Likes

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Kessyy2k4(m): 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ehimax: Plz i want to knw how i can get rid of black spots on my face, anyone with idea should please share it, its making me loose my confidence.
use a skin removal cream. ARAB MADE=N3K CHINA=N800
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ehimax: Plz i want to knw how i can get rid of black spots on my face, anyone with idea should please share it, its making me loose my confidence.
dude,make use of LIME. Dat is the natural and faster cure.squeeze out the lime juice and rub on ur face usin cotton wool,2 times a day.

2 Likes

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Latika12(f): 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
My skin gets oily in summer and dry in winter. What type of skin it called?
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by franca30(f): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ehimax: Where can i get shea butter and whats the cost?
In d market nd it price is 4rm #50

2 Likes

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Mcleo007(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ehimax: Plz i want to knw how i can get rid of black spots on my face, anyone with idea should please share it, its making me lost my confidence.

Lime is good. I personally will advice you make use of native soaps(Ose dudu in yoruba). Believe me, they're the best. In the absence of that, you may use Dudu osun. Its been refined and has a more appealing scent and product packaging. Wash your face with the soap at least twice a day. For a better result, rub on your face for say 15-25mins in the evening, allowing it dry up and sink into the skin pores before washing off.

2 Likes

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Gen2jaynee: 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2012
Freeopod: Apply shea butter on ur face...it works wonderz! Com n thank me later
lmao....i tried it and all d pimples dat was reserved for d nxt 20yrs appeared jst within 3days......@Nldrs pls dnt try dis shea butter if u av acne prone n oily face

7 Likes

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by DonaldGenes(m): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2012
shollykaye: IF you have oily face,u can also steam your face with hot face. Pour a kettle of boiling water in a bowl,place ur face over d bowl(not inside d bowl) & cover ur head with a towel to prevent d steam for escaping. It works for me.

i seconded your comment!!
I do that once in three days though not daily cos u miqht not have time or even remember to do that..but practically,i wash ma face like 3 times a day,,i used to hv pimples n black spot b4 but now my face is as clean as a clean slate..and b4 i sleep i wash ma face,rub ma dustinq powder which is very effective,,,i cant remember d last time i had rouqh face.......make sure wherever your are either in d office or annyway,,when it is mid day,thats when exactly pimples and oily face beqin to form in our faces,touch your face n see if you will feel anythinq oily there,then look for a pure water and wash it off with soap...remember you can alwas have all these tiny soaps which is portable in your wallet or baq dependinq on both qender of the divide..it makes sense for realiest,so 4 any black spot,i use Hydraulic oil n apply with a tint of drop usinq ear cotton bud at that black spot and within 2 days its all qone...u dont need all this expensive face products.......just folo ma lead

5 Likes

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Gen2jaynee: 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
kandiikane: Gawd! I have an oily and sensitive face and when I mean oily, you can use the oil as body cream. Majority of the time when going out I don't rub cream on my face. It always gets soo shiny, around my t-zone. I am prone to spots-well, I use to suffer from spots during my high school days but I thank God for years of taking care of it, I have not one single spot.

please give me tips on how u help it..m suffering from acne n spots
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Gen2jaynee: 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
Donalð Genes:

i seconded your comment!!
I do that once in three days though not daily cos u miqht not have time or even remember to do that..but practically,i wash ma face like 3 times a day,,i used to hv pimples n black spot b4 but now my face is as clean as a clean slate..and b4 i sleep i wash ma face,rub ma dustinq powder which is very effective,,,i cant remember d last time i had rouqh face.......make sure wherever your are either in d office or annyway,,when it is mid day,thats when exactly pimples and oily face beqin to form in our faces,touch your face n see if you will feel anythinq oily there,then look for a pure water and wash it off with soap...remember you can alwas have all these tiny soaps which is portable in your wallet or baq dependinq on both qender of the divide..it makes sense for realiest,so 4 any black spot,i use Hydraulic oil n apply with a tint of drop usinq ear cotton bud at that black spot and within 2 days its all qone...u dont need all this expensive face products.......just folo ma lead
how much can i get dis HYDRAULIC oil.....
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by DonaldGenes(m): 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
Or Apparently,if your about takinq your bath,simply rubb soap on your face 5mins b4 takinq your bath....i do this 2 times daily!

1 Like

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2012
shollykaye: IF you have oily face,u can also steam your face with hot face. Pour a kettle of boiling water in a bowl,place ur face over d bowl[b](not inside d bowl)[/b] & cover ur head with a towel to prevent d steam for escaping. It works for me.
lmao...why would I wanna dip my face in a hot water!

1 Like

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2012
Gen2jaynee: lmao....i tried it and all d pimples dat was reserved for d nxt 20yrs appeared jst within 3days......@Nldrs pls dnt try dis shea butter if u av acne prone n oily face
buahahahahahaha Nlanderz don kill me...rolling on the floor laughing my flat arss off.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Clemzy16(m): 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
It is very obvious that this write-up is meant for the ladies. What about guys like me who also have oil in the face. Firstly, i don't do make-ups, secondly, i don't like powder. Lastly, what kind of fat foods should i avoid.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by nomshu(m): 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
Find sodium, rob in your face morning and night and see wanders. happy clean face!

1 Like

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Super1759: 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
Latika12: My skin gets oily in summer and dry in winter. What type of skin it called?
it is called tilapia skin or tortise wrapper

3 Likes

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
Pls whch one is hydraulic oil? U mean the one i use as my car brake fluid?

1 Like

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
nomshu: Find sodium, rob in your face morning and night and see wanders. happy clean face!
U don madt! grin
nomshu: Find sodium, rob in your face morning and night and see wanders. happy clean face!
U don madt!

1 Like

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Gen2jaynee: 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
Mzsolex: buahahahahahaha Nlanderz don kill me...rolling on the floor laughing my flat arss off.
u already av a flat arss,and u are still laughing.......only God know how ur backside wil look like wen u ar don wit d lauhg ..LWKMH...but guy u need to see my face d pimples were uncountable...*Laughs in OBJ's voice*
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by mekaboy(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
WHAT APPEARS ON.THE FACE COMES FROM WITHIN.

ILL ADVICE U USE LEMON . DRINK LEMON JUICE AND WATER BEFORE U SLEEP AT NIGHT. IT BREAKS THE OIL AND FLUSHES IT.

SQUIZE LEMON INTO TH WATER U USE TO BATH.

ADD IT TO WATER U USE TO WASH UR FACE.

AND ALSO FOR MOUTH ODOUR. JUST TWO DROPS OF LEMON IN YOUR MOUTH WITH PASTE WILL DESOLVE EVERY BACTERIA OR SUBSTANCE ON.THE GUMS AND TONGUE. U CAN GO 2DAYS WITHOUT BRUSHING AND UR MOUTH WONT SMELL.

TRY IT AND GIVE ME REPORT

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: When Your Barber Is From Another Planet / Man Takes A Swipe At Nigerian Ladies With "Fake" Hairs In A German Market. PICS / Mr South Africa Finalists Ridiculed On Social Media For Looking Like Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.