Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? (1627 Views)

No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( / I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics / My Wedding Pictures - Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by ogene70: 7:25am On Dec 21, 2013
Hello N'lers ,
for the past 2 months i've been in serious confusion as to how best to reduce the cost of my wedding.
i am planning to wed my Angel first quater of 2014, but i also have a course to attend in the states mid 2014, which will also be financially demanding. Based on this, i am seeking out ways to reduce my wedding cost by factoring court ,trad and white wedding into one fixed budget.
please , any cost effective suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Mod,please help a brother by moving this to front page to attract more suggestions please.
Thank you all!
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by bellong: 7:53am On Dec 21, 2013
Limit the number of invitees.

Have a budget and stick to it.

Do what is moderate and reasonable.

Lastly, check out this thread for more info.

https://www.nairaland.com/1534505/brides-come-lets-plan-together
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by kcjazz(m): 7:59am On Dec 21, 2013
What is your budget?
What is your location? Maidugri or Lagos is a huge difference.
Weekday wedding reduces guests and hall costs.
Soft copy instead of hard copy photographs.
Load drinks/foodstuffs in January
Rent gown, cars,
Reduce bridal train and guys

Don't panic
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by Bilabong(m): 8:51am On Dec 21, 2013
Do shrine wedding na. Two white fowl, 5 tubers of yam, 1 bottle of hot drink.
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by ogene70: 10:18am On Dec 21, 2013
bellong: Limit the number of invitees.

Have a budget and stick to it.

Do what is moderate and reasonable.

Lastly, check out this thread for more info.

https://www.nairaland.com/1534505/brides-come-lets-plan-together

Thank you Bellong, i appreciate. i have gone true the but didnt really find help.
A freind ws suggestion i delete white wedding , i shld just do court in d morning and the trad frm noon same day, then go for marriage blessing on sunday.
But i dnt knw how it feels nt having whtie wedding.
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by ogene70: 10:21am On Dec 21, 2013
kcjazz: What is your budget?
What is your location? Maidugri or Lagos is a huge difference.
Weekday wedding reduces guests and hall costs.
Soft copy instead of hard copy photographs.
Load drinks/foodstuffs in January
Rent gown, cars,
Reduce bridal train and guys

Don't panic
Thanks Kcjazz, the location is Delta but we are not based there.
As for the drinks ans foodstuff, do u mean i should start buying them from January?
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 21, 2013
Do your white and Trad together,no couple funded ashebi,reduce the number of guests you are inviting,work with a fixed budget,don't try to please all.what is your budget like?
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by ifyalways(f): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
Trad early morning then church later,same day.
No cooking of any sort. Engage caterers to do only small chops for you. 70K for 100 guests

Use your brides compound(u said delta state so I assume its village setting) for after wedding reception.

No beer or expensive drinks. There are cheap canned juices in the mkt. 30K should get you 150 cans

Invite only family and close friends.

No printed IV's. Send sms and email.

Congrats in advance.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
Boiz don wisen up nowadays,money or no money.
Arrange for ur court b4 the trad or wed.
Go with ur witnesses only. That aside.

Delta has some similarities with igbo in culture so I think what applies there might work in delta.
Plan to do everything in d gal's place if u r not from there and let it be a one day event.
In d morning, prepare for wedding as they r cooking. After church service, use the reception as d trado. Chikena!
All in d gal's house.
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by goldwaters(f): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
ogene70:

Thank you Bellong, i appreciate. i have gone true the but didnt really find help.
A freind ws suggestion i delete white wedding , i shld just do court in d morning and the trad frm noon same day, then go for marriage blessing on sunday.
But i dnt knw how it feels nt having whtie wedding.
U guys can just go and sign the court papers wit ur witness(es) at any time b4 d day.
U have d church wedding in d morning and d reception which will double as d trad thereafter most likely at d bride's residence.
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
How to reduce your finances.

Go to court and sign the documents.
Introduction to her people,
Give her belly then go for church blessing.

Very cheap this one.
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by ogene70: 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
thank you all for your contributions, i think i will go for a one day event as suggested here.God bless you all.
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by karbridals(f): 7:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
we can help bring out the best in ur beautiful bride,u can check my post to find out more about us.
ogene70: thank you all for your contributions, i think i will go for a one day event as suggested here.God bless you all.
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
Chilli, u r maaaaaad!!!!
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by Eesha: 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
Chilli make sense o. Just do registry and they'll see u in church during baby dedication period.
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by Temismith(f): 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
Get married on friday morning in a court,indoor reception with family and frends. Das all.
Re: How Can I Reduce The Cost Of My Wedding? by coolmoon500(f): 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
you can have your engagement and white on the same day.

Engagement very early in the morning and church afterwards. this would save some costs.

then limit number of invites and be wise in choosing reception venue.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Write Happy Birthday Wishes For Someone That Is No More On Facebook? / 1 / Lovely Igbo Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.