Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,186 members, 7,864,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? (5534 Views)

Why Has Imo North Senatorial Rerun Not Held / Beaf's State (delta State)has Gone To The Dogs? / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
bestviewer: Lets limit our argument on the subject matter:

Okorocha Budgets N137 Billion For Imo In 2014

Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, Friday evening presented a budget proposal of N137,026,528.434 for the 2014 fiscal year for the state.

Presenting the Budget, which he tagged “Budget of consolidating
Rescue,” the governor said while N75,271,768,434 is for Capital projects, N61,383,872,587 takes care of Recurrent Expenditure

The governor who also disclosed to establish multi-level car parks at
different locations in the state capital to decongest the city assured
that the state government would consolidate on the existing programes
and projects were towards the beautification of the state capital
and
the new cities in the 2014 fiscal year.

Governor Okorocha who had earlier who had reviewed the performance of
the 2013 budget and the achievements recorded said that as part of the
drive to sustain the improved Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), the
state government shall construct the new sub treasuries and revenue
offices where non exist and the rehabilitation of the some existing
one in the state.

Additionally, he said that the state government would invigorate the
process of appointment of judges for the high Court and the Customary
Court of Appeal and would also appoint Customary Court members to fill
the vacant positions.

The highlighted got me into deep reflection. How did Imo people got into this mess? Just imagine what is the governor's priority in a state where there is zero job and poverty has hit the ceiling, zero attention on education and health.

It saddens my heart when I see imolites supporting a person that achieves so little with so much due to partisan politics at the expense of a failed state

From round abouts in 2012 - 2013

To car parks in 2014?

Shame

What about the whole youth must work scheme?
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by obayaya(m): 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Imanuelle:

That dude doesn't even have the slightest clue on what a 5 star hotel is like

What a pity

that Ppl refer to a hotel as 5 star doesn't make it one.

I'm not sure If Nigeria as a whole can boast of 5 5 star hotels
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
ferdsmart: gbam...

Tell him again...

Anambrarians experienced massive facelift in our Education sector more than any State in South East. Ask Rochas and Archbishop Obinna,they would gist you wella
For me, Oshiomole appears to be the best governor in terms uplifting basic education. As for Peter Obi, I applauded the handing over of most schools to missionaries and the N6 billion or more the govt planned to disburse to the missionaries to rehabilitate those schools. But I dont know how many of those schools have been completely rehabilitated.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Obiagu1(m): 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
princenonny: Gov Rochas Okorocha aka ' El Loco '

From this day onwards, Gov. Rocha Okorocha should be called:

[size=18pt]El Loco[/size]
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Obiagu1(m): 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
nedufantasy: A comparison of Imo state and Anambra state budget.
Imo state
2012 - N174.3b
2013 - N197.7b
2014 - N137b has already been proposed.
Anambra State
2012 - N82.2b
2013 - N110.94b
2014 - N140b proposed

Does this mean that Imo economy is shrinking?
I can't just believe what I'm seeing.
Compared to Anambra that had historically presented one of the lowest budgets in the East because her economy is underground as most people are businessmen that pay no tax, in Imo, they are not business people, yet they are not creating jobs to boost their economy, rather it is shrinking.
What a pity! sad
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
MALLAM ROACHES OKOROSA IS JUST A COMEDIAN

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Obiagu1(m): 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
Since this is Rochas' first budget since he joined APC, would it be right to say that the shrinkage in the budget was due to the mandatory tax paid to Bola Tinubu?

This is a valid question and shouldn't be ignored.

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by NadiaSA1(f): 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
My state shall rise IJN
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by DerideGull(m): 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
berem: gang of looters? You think I am like you who ganged up with Ohakim to loot Imo State treasury thereby hating Rochas because he blocked the access in which you and your sibling siphoned Imo state monies through Ohakim? Sorry to disappoint you nwoke m, my love for Rochas surpasses being paid to be a sycophant

I know your love for Mallam Rochas Okorocha has already been paid but the part of sycophancy is still debatable. I have never seen Ohakim in human nature so if Ohakim has not settled you for your runs, please endeavor to contact him and leave me out of such crap.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Obiagu1(m): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
Mimiko till date is the best performing governor in the SW.
The much criticized Uduaghan is even performing better that Fashola, a governor that seats on half of Nigerian economy.

In mere two years, APGA nearly doubled its budget in Anambra.

So is joining APC a curse?

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by DerideGull(m): 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abagworo: Which city in the Southeast is comparable to Owerri today?

Its the only city in the Southeast/Southsouth with 2 functioning 5star hotels. Tourism industry is seriously booming there.

Rochas has come to prove that we can as well engage in massive road construction at a time. Now. What they are trying to do is a well thought out plan to lie against him and tarnish his image because the Presidency sees him as a threat. Obi is jealous of him because he's smart and more likeable. He's an orator and a go-getter as well as charismatic leader.

They even lie against him claiming that he's a noisemaker without being able to pin point where he's advertising himself.

I get impressed each time I visit Imo State and I never expected him to complete the volume of work he took on but he has gone far in many and will complete at least 70% before 2015.

Are you remotely insinuating that Mallam Rochas Okorocha's reign in Imo State necessitated the 5-star rating of hotel in Owerre? You are a load of conjectural craps. The mallam's Lemode Hotel on Ugwu Ike Negbu can not attract 1-star rating talk less of tourists. You are simply delusional.

2 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by IgboDelta: 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Public education is DEAD in Enugu. I pity the very poor who have no other option but to put their kids in those places. That is one area I'm not impressed about in Enugu State. I heard the governor gave them buses recently but that is too little. The governor and those around him must be told to do more in education.

DONT TELL ME YOU HAVE JOINED CHINO IN HIS PROVOKING ANTI-IGBO ATTITUDE. FOR YOUR INFORMATION ALL THE STATES IN THE SE ARE ALL EQUAL !!!!. This year, Gov Chime performed best in Roads, Gov Rochas performed best in Education, Orji performed best in re-activating abandoned and under-performing govt businesses, Obi performed best in attracting investment and Gov Elechi performed best in agriculture.

YOU SHOULD REALISE NDI IGBO WAS ABLE TO FIGHT AND SURVIVE THE WAR BECAUSE OF OUR UNITY HENCE THE CREATION OF STATES. Today Garrulous people like Chino joins our evil wishers to create divisions in our land if he is not abusing Abia, it is Imo, if not then Enugu, or Ebonyi and YOU WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER IS UNFORTUNATELY SLIDING INTO THIS MESS. We cant be repealing the yorubas, hausas, fulani, and still be repealing anambra state again naa!!!!. WE ALL ARE UNHAPPY WITH ROCHAS AND I BELIEVE NDI IMO WONT VOTE FOR HIM AND APC. NDI IGBO SHOULD BE MORE UNITED and the likes of chino should be relegated to the background by Ndi Igbo. Gov Obi was able to be selected to lead the SE govs because he relied on the IGBO CULTURE OF EQUITY and Ojukwuism. IT IS WELL WITH NDI IGBO. AMEN

3 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Obiagu1(m): 8:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
^^^

In as much as what you said is true and that Chino of a guy drives me nuts, Sincere 9gerian only said "one area I'm not impressed about in Enugu State."

He wasn't criticizing the state rather wished more is done to improve educational sector in Enugu State.
I haven't been to Enugu were I was born but I knew that 'public' education is decaying from what I enjoyed when I was in school.
I don't know the state it is in other Eastern States so can't comment.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by atlwireles: 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
Obiagu1: Mimiko till date is the best performing governor in the SW.
The much criticized Uduaghan is even performing better that Fashola, a governor that seats on half of Nigerian economy.

In mere two years, APGA nearly doubled its budget in Anambra.

So is joining APC a curse?

This is the best post of the year, someone on the ground, not internet propaganda. Mimiko and Uduaghan are the complete package. Education, healthcare, jobs, infrastructure, security and politics etc, they have done good in all their sector. They have not ignored one sector for the other
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Abagworo(m): 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
How many of the Governors mentioned here have stayed only 2 and half years? We can reverse to 2009 december and compare before we pass judgement.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by phantom(m): 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
atlwireles:

This is the best post of the year, someone on the ground, not internet propaganda. Mimiko and Uduaghan are the complete package. Education, healthcare, jobs, infrastructure, security and politics etc, they have done good in all their sector. They have not ignored one sector for the other
uduaghan??dont incur Gods wrath.dont you want to see 2014 in good health?

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by atlwireles: 8:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
phantom: uduaghan??dont incur Gods wrath.dont you want to see 2014 in good health?

Speak for yourself. No amount of lies will ever change the facts on the ground.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Abagworo(m): 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
Akpabio people are praising today in 2009 was pelted with pure water. His projects started attaining finishing stages in 2010 and 2011.

https://www.nairaland.com/370680/gov-akpabio-stoned-satchet-water
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Obiagu1(m): 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abagworo: Akpabio people are praising today in 2009 was pelted with pure water. His projects started attaining finishing stages in 2010 and 2011.

https://www.nairaland.com/370680/gov-akpabio-stoned-satchet-water

Must you always distort the truth? The more one ages, the more one gains wisdom but yours seems to be the reverse.

The fracas ensued in the middle of the concert when the governor mounted the stage to announce that he spent N140million of the State’s resources to stage the concert which featured mostly foreign artistes. At that point of his speech, the angry crowd did not allow him to continue, but instead hauled missiles that forced him out of the stage; and the concert came to an abrupt end.

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
A beautiful thread has suddenly turned to an Imo-Anambra feud. May God have mercy on Ndi Igbo. embarassed
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by DerideGull(m): 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
Obiagu1:

Must you always distort the truth? The more one ages, the more one gains wisdom but yours seems to be the reverse.

It is as result of cheap and nepotistic contract awarded to him by the goofy folks in Imo State and Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Abagworo(m): 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
berem: A beautiful thread has suddenly turned to an Imo-Anambra feud. May God have mercy on Ndi Igbo. embarassed

Not necessarily but we have to analys any budgets constructively. The truth is that Jonathan's ambition is being threatened by Rochas popularity hence the attempts at painting him black by repeatedly telling lies and sponsoring people in the social media to act like the lies are true. This was predicted earlier in a link which I posted dated March 2013 and you can notice how it correlated with the era of Amaechi fracas and removal of Imo deputy Governor.

No Governor has ever achieved as much as Rochas 2 and half years but there is obvious attempt to try and play it down with lies starting from that day. Most of these Igbos doing this for Jonathan on Nairaland once accused me of supporting Ijaws and were even all out about it but today they have suddenly turned the fighters of minority because of personal financial gains. Mine is because of conscience and belief in truth, justice and equity.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by DerideGull(m): 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
berem: A beautiful thread has suddenly turned to an Imo-Anambra feud. May God have mercy on Ndi Igbo. embarassed

When critical and substantive issues bordering on economy, politics and development of Imo State are discussed, I suggest you get lost. angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by DerideGull(m): 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Not necessarily but we have to analys any budgets constructively. The truth is that Jonathan's ambition is being threatened by Rochas popularity hence the attempts at painting him black by repeatedly telling lies and sponsoring people in the social media to act like the lies are true. This was predicted earlier in a link which I posted dated March 2013 and you can notice how it correlated with the era of Amaechi fracas and removal of Imo deputy Governor.

No Governor has ever achieved as much as Rochas 2 and half years but there is obvious attempt to try and play it down with lies starting from that day. Most of these Igbos doing this for Jonathan on Nairaland once accused me of supporting Ijaws and were even all out about it but today they have suddenly turned the fighters of minority because of personal financial gains. Mine is because of conscience and belief in truth, justice and equity.

What are the achievements you are on about Mallam Rochas Okorocha and 21/2 (two and half) years?

3 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Obiagu1(m): 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
DerideGull:

What are the achievements you are on about Mallam Rochas Okorocha and 21/2 (two and half) years?

We all are awaiting his answer.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by seanet01: 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^
When are you going to allow them to remove those shrapnelssssssssssssss
they are giving you serious wahala
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
Igbo Delta:

DONT TELL ME YOU HAVE JOINED CHINO IN HIS PROVOKING ANTI-IGBO ATTITUDE. FOR YOUR INFORMATION ALL THE STATES IN THE SE ARE ALL EQUAL !!!!. This year, Gov Chime performed best in Roads, Gov Rochas performed best in Education, Orji performed best in re-activating abandoned and under-performing govt businesses, Obi performed best in attracting investment and Gov Elechi performed best in agriculture.

YOU SHOULD REALISE NDI IGBO WAS ABLE TO FIGHT AND SURVIVE THE WAR BECAUSE OF OUR UNITY HENCE THE CREATION OF STATES. Today Garrulous people like Chino joins our evil wishers to create divisions in our land if he is not abusing Abia, it is Imo, if not then Enugu, or Ebonyi and YOU WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER IS UNFORTUNATELY SLIDING INTO THIS MESS. We cant be repealing the yorubas, hausas, fulani, and still be repealing anambra state again naa!!!!. WE ALL ARE UNHAPPY WITH ROCHAS AND I BELIEVE NDI IMO WONT VOTE FOR HIM AND APC. NDI IGBO SHOULD BE MORE UNITED and the likes of chino should be relegated to the background by Ndi Igbo. Gov Obi was able to be selected to lead the SE govs because he relied on the IGBO CULTURE OF EQUITY and Ojukwuism. IT IS WELL WITH NDI IGBO. AMEN
I wanted to like your comment but you phucked up at the bold. What's the difference between you and Chino? angry
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Obiagu1(m): 9:04pm On Dec 21, 2013

No one turned the thread to Imo-Anambra feud.
Where did you get this from or are you in shock at what is happening when that clown that speaks faster than his brain could tolerate is about to turn Imo State upside down?

2 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
DerideGull:

When critical and substantive issues bordering on economy, politics and development of Imo State are discussed, I suggest you get lost. angry angry angry
You should get lost you old deranged fool! Who the phuck are you to tell me not to post comments? Are you crazy or something? See who's discussing about issues bothering Imo state. Have you ever in your miserable life say anything good about Imo state? Bloody scumbag! Now phuck off and quit quoting me! Ewu ohia!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Ngokafor(f): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
DerideGull:

shocked embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by M17: 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abagworo:

There's no single 5star hotel in Anambra State. Concorde and Rockview are 5star hotels in Owerri while 2 new ones are springing up.

Animal can you stop talking about Anambra state ? It is none of your business kaji kwo aboki . Keep deceiving your self until your cup full .
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Abagworo(m): 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
DerideGull:

Let me start with bridges. He has constructed 4 bridges across Nworie River and One across Otamiri River making it a total of 5 within Owerri metropolis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Is Gloria Okon...is She Really Dead Or Alive???? / Could This Be True About Ojukwu In Abidjan / HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.