Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo (2828 Views)

Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Breaking News...Nigerian Army Enters Sambisa Forest On Rescue Mission. / Italy Angry Over Rescue Mission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 22, 2013
2015 shaping up nicely to be an election between

The Past vs The Future

1 Like

Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by Excellent7(m): 1:46am On Dec 22, 2013
Will be interesting to see how this comedy ends.
These guys think they are playing on our intelligence but do not realise that Nigerians are evolving!
I think recent developments had put a spanner in their works.
Funny bunch!
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 2:21am On Dec 22, 2013
Someone should tell OBJ that most of us from Imo State do not find the phrase-“I am on a rescue mission” funny any longer.

3 Likes

Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by MagicBishop: 2:48am On Dec 22, 2013
Save thyself from shame first
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by obyrich(m): 6:32am On Dec 22, 2013
omiobo:
If he is doing something right how come there is none among the rogues in prison? Let him kill corruption before it kills us all.
Will you support him if he investigates OBJ's regime? Did you know that OBJ doubled as the petroleum minister during his tenure? Have you forgotten the constant increment in fuel prices and endless queues at the petrol stations. Was there any year during OBJ's regime that Nigerians celebrated the Yuletide without the hardship of fuel scarcity foisted on us by the criminal cartel OBJ created, and which GEJ has dismantled. Have you forgotten? Why did OBJ appoint FUNSHO KUPOLOKUN from retirement to be the GMD of NNPC if he were not tribalistic? GEJ is no saint, but he towers above OBJ in moral rectitude. Was it the 'snipers' trained by GEJ that killed Chief Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Marshal Harry, Dikibo etc ? ODI and Zakibiam were mowed down by OBJ because of few dissidents who killed military personnel but more soldiers have been killed by insurgents up North yet GEJ has not ordered that those states be wiped out by the military. Is it not his discretionary approach to issues that earned GEJ the 'slowpoke' derogatory appellation? Who asked Peter Odili to step down from contesting for the presidency at the PDP convention at the Eagle Square in 2006? OBJ. Was that fair? Is it not because we have been used to the fire-brigade approach to issues that we think GEJ is too slow in handling issues? Who sold off BAKASSI and signed the Green Tree Pact without senate ratification? OBJ! Today the people of Bakassi are slaves in their country courtesy of this man's indiscretion. Do you know Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has apologised for misinforming Nigerians on the missing 49.8 bn dollars? My dear, the shout of crucify him, crucify him, no matter how loud, did not make Christ culpable of the charges levied on him. Will you support GEJ if he drags the culprits of the Harliburton bribery to prison? Hope you know the people involved are in the opposition? Do you know that politics is a game of interests? Have you asked what is the interest of these men? GEJ is no saint but he is better than his accusers.

6 Likes

Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 22, 2013
omiobo:
If he is doing something right how come there is none among the rogues in prison? Let him kill corruption before it kills us all.

You make absolute no sense!!

1 Like

Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by omenka(m): 6:51am On Dec 22, 2013
JECBOSS:
In advanced countries, an insane kid like u wouldn't have had access to the internet. APC Sycophant.

In civilised societies, your dad would have used a condom!

3 Likes

Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by JECBOSS: 6:54am On Dec 22, 2013
omenka:

In civilised societies, your dad would have used a condom!
I can confidently bet my dad is more educated and exposed than your dad

6 Likes

Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by omenka(m): 7:01am On Dec 22, 2013
obyrich: Will you support him if he investigates OBJ's regime? Did you know that OBJ doubled as the petroleum minister during his tenure? Have you forgotten the constant increment in fuel prices and endless queues at the petrol stations. Was there any year during OBJ's regime that Nigerians celebrated the Yuletide without the hardship of fuel scarcity foisted on us by the criminal cartel OBJ created, and which GEJ has dismantled. Have you forgotten? Why did OBJ appoint FUNSHO KUPOLOKUN from retirement to be the GMD of NNPC if he were not tribalistic? GEJ is no saint, but he towers above OBJ in moral rectitude. Was it the 'snipers' trained by GEJ that killed Chief Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Marshal Harry, Dikibo etc ? ODI and Zakibiam were mowed down by OBJ because of few dissidents who killed military personnel but more soldiers have been killed by insurgents up North yet GEJ has not ordered that those states be wiped out by the military. Is it not his discretionary approach to issues that earned GEJ the 'slowpoke' derogatory appellation? Who asked Peter Odili to step down from contesting for the presidency at the PDP convention at the Eagle Square in 2006? OBJ. Was that fair? Is it not because we have been used to the fire-brigade approach to issues that we think GEJ is too slow in handling issues? Who sold off BAKASSI and signed the Green Tree Pact without senate ratification? OBJ! Today the people of Bakassi are slaves in their country courtesy of this man's indiscretion. Do you know Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has apologised for misinforming Nigerians on the missing 49.8 bn dollars? My dear, the shout of crucify him, crucify him, no matter how loud, did not make Christ culpable of the charges levied on him. Will you support GEJ if he drags the culprits of the Harliburton bribery to prison? Hope you know the people involved are in the opposition? Do you know that politics is a game of interests? Have you asked what is the interest of these men? GEJ is no saint but he is better than his accusers.

What is stoping Jo from probing and prosecuting these THIEVES Is that too big a task for him??
Jo who doesn't double as a petroleum minister stole over a trillion naira in an election year under the guise of fuel subsidy. I can bet my last breath Jo will go to jail along with Madueke and Iweala over that theft. All we need is the right person at the helm of affairs. We were spending between 250mill and 400mill in Obj and Yar'Adua's regimes, Jo came and in a space of one year, the number of cars and generators in Nigeria mysteriously QUADRUPLED and we wound up spending over a trillion, without supplementary appropriation!!!

Talk about pots calling kettle black.

1 Like

Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by jamace(m): 7:03am On Dec 22, 2013
OBJ should go and rescue his disorganised family first.

For all I know, only politicians who have no interest of the masses at heart listen to OBJ. what has Obj to offer? Nothing! Obj during his reign forced a governor to continue to bribe a godfather. What evil have we not seen in OBJ? During Obj's reign, he was the minister for petroleum resources himself yet fuel scarcity was everywhere. Right now, GEJ has eliminated fuel scarcity and these politicians still want Nigerians to believe that GEJ is not working.

As far as I am concern, OBJ is playing a politics of selfishness. He wants to remain kingmaker despite his woeful performances during his reigns. Nigerians should be wise.

2 Likes

Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 22, 2013
omenka:

What is stoping Jo from probing and prosecuting these THIEVES Is that too big a task for him??
Jo who doesn't double as a petroleum minister stole over a trillion naira in an election year under the guise of fuel subsidy. I can bet my last breath Jo will go to jail along with Madueke and Iweala over that theft. All we need is the right person at the helm of affairs. We were spending between 250mill and 400mill in Obj and Yar'Adua's regimes, Jo came and in a space of one year, the number of cars and generators in Nigeria mysteriously QUADRUPLED and we wound up spending over a trillion, without supplementary appropriation!!!

I bet ya....

Any govt coming after GEJ will be shocked with the amount of treachery commited by the trio you listed. I see jail for some members of the GEJ cabinet by a well funded and rejuvenated EFCC that the present govt have killed intentionally....though I know well that Madueke and Okonjo will run outside of Nigeria before the handover date.

1 Like

Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by luvinhubby(m): 7:30am On Dec 22, 2013
DerideGull: Someone should tell OBJ that most of us from Imo State do not find the phrase-“I am on a rescue mission” funny any longer.
Very very correct, we cannot fall mugu twice.
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by omenka(m): 7:40am On Dec 22, 2013
JECBOSS:
I can confidently bet my dad is more educated and exposed than your dad

Oh I see. Guess the fault is your mom's then.
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 22, 2013
omenka:

Oh I see. Guess the fault is your mom's then.

Stop going into the gutter with them.
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by omiobo: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2013
obyrich: Will you support him if he investigates OBJ's regime? Did you know that OBJ doubled as the petroleum minister during his tenure? Have you forgotten the constant increment in fuel prices and endless queues at the petrol stations. Was there any year during OBJ's regime that Nigerians celebrated the Yuletide without the hardship of fuel scarcity foisted on us by the criminal cartel OBJ created, and which GEJ has dismantled. Have you forgotten? Why did OBJ appoint FUNSHO KUPOLOKUN from retirement to be the GMD of NNPC if he were not tribalistic? GEJ is no saint, but he towers above OBJ in moral rectitude. Was it the 'snipers' trained by GEJ that killed Chief Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Marshal Harry, Dikibo etc ? ODI and Zakibiam were mowed down by OBJ because of few dissidents who killed military personnel but more soldiers have been killed by insurgents up North yet GEJ has not ordered that those states be wiped out by the military. Is it not his discretionary approach to issues that earned GEJ the 'slowpoke' derogatory appellation? Who asked Peter Odili to step down from contesting for the presidency at the PDP convention at the Eagle Square in 2006? OBJ. Was that fair? Is it not because we have been used to the fire-brigade approach to issues that we think GEJ is too slow in handling issues? Who sold off BAKASSI and signed the Green Tree Pact without senate ratification? OBJ! Today the people of Bakassi are slaves in their country courtesy of this man's indiscretion. Do you know Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has apologised for misinforming Nigerians on the missing 49.8 bn dollars? My dear, the shout of crucify him, crucify him, no matter how loud, did not make Christ culpable of the charges levied on him. Will you support GEJ if he drags the culprits of the Harliburton bribery to prison? Hope you know the people involved are in the opposition? Do you know that politics is a game of interests? Have you asked what is the interest of these men? GEJ is no saint but he is better than his accusers.
If you check through my posts there was never a time I call Gej names,I respect him as my president. Since when he was acting president I believed Gej is our sacrificial lamb for this nation to get out of this bondage. I know very well it is not an easy task to do but he should try and lay his fate in our hands not the rogues,we stand by him. As I am I need somebody I can trust no matter the tribe.
Why is it that people attack you when say the truth? Honestly we need to rid of issue of tribalism. In as much as Gej is my president I can speak in his favour and against. It is my right as a citizen. No f00000l should criticize me for doing so.
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by wordcat(m): 8:47am On Dec 22, 2013
See as old men them dey behave like children.by the way wetin make Alhaji Rochas come stand alone?
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by obyrich(m): 9:01am On Dec 22, 2013
omiobo:
If you check through my posts there was never a time I call Gej names,I respect him as my president. Since when he was acting president I believed Gej is our sacrificial lamb for this nation to get out of this bondage. I know very well it is not an easy task to do but he should try and lay his fate in our hands not the rogues,we stand by him. As I am I need somebody I can trust no matter the tribe.
Why is it that people attack you when say the truth? Honestly we need to rid of issue of tribalism. In as much as Gej is my president I can speak in his favour and against. It is my right as a citizen. No f00000l should criticize me for doing so.
Your last sentence undermined the wisdom in your explanation. Much as you have a right to criticise the government constructively, you also have the obligation to support it when evil forces aggregate to undermine it. I didn't allude the name calling to you as there is nothing in your post to suggest that. However, I believe that well meaning citizens know that the only difference between APC and the OBJ led PDP is in their names. You and I know that if Nigerians should embark on the Ghana-styled revolution led by Jerry Rawlings, not just PDP leaders but also majority of the APC leadership would grace the gallows! Peace.

1 Like

Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by obyrich(m): 9:12am On Dec 22, 2013
omenka:

You have taken a HARD stand against GEJ. No explanation would make you rescind your prejudiced and deep-rooted hatred against GEJ. Thank God Barrack Obama has incurable critics too. So GEJ is not the first by the way. Enjoy your hatred bro.
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by obyrich(m): 9:15am On Dec 22, 2013
wordcat: See as old men them dey behave like children.by the way wetin make Alhaji Rochas come stand alone?
My brother, the thing tire me o. Desperation and nothing else.
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:45am On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=ceo4eva][/quote]hahahahah I de laugh those men listed there are bunch of desperados
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by juman(m): 10:13am On Dec 22, 2013
Nonsense

"rescue nigeria"?

Hiss
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by juman(m): 10:43am On Dec 22, 2013
In what appears to be a veiled reference to brickbats about his qualification to speak out, he said: “Let me crave your indulgence to say this; that whoever has enjoyed any political office since 1999, such a person can be claimed to be my political child by virtue of the political position and office I have held

I can conveniently say I am a political father to all,” the former President said, while he also tasked his visitors to play politics devoid of rancour, bitterness and embrace politics of decency, which has Nigeria at heart.

He described himself as an optimist about the Nigeria project thus: “I am optimist about Nigeria, I am totally committed to Nigeria and nothing will detract me from that”.

Hiss.

A 'brand new' country was handed over to him (obj) in 1999 but he failed totally.

A brand new country with democracy, with new constitution and new beginning but he as a former head of state did not know what was right to do.

Nonsense.
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by diablos: 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
see as d criminals gather for photo shocked pillagers n corrupt thieves... na unmanned drone for bomb dem as dem gather so n solve half of 9ja's problems grin
Re: I’m On A Rescue Mission – Obasanjo by omiobo: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
obyrich: Your last sentence undermined the wisdom in your explanation. Much as you have a right to criticise the government constructively, you also have the obligation to support it when evil forces aggregate to undermine it. I didn't allude the name calling to you as there is nothing in your post to suggest that. However, I believe that well meaning citizens know that the only difference between APC and the OBJ led PDP is in their names. You and I know that if Nigerians should embark on the Ghana-styled revolution led by Jerry Rawlings, not just PDP leaders but also majority of the APC leadership would grace the gallows! Peace.
Ignore the last sentence in my post. I was referring to some e-ediots.
I agreed with u bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed: Okonjo Iweala Got Kick-backs Over Paris Club Debt Deal / Nigerians, Do U Want Nigeria Split Into Two Halfs Or United?? / Youths Destroy Jonathan's Posters In Kebbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.