Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Christmas Present Ideas For Eight Types Of Mother-in-laws - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christmas Present Ideas For Eight Types Of Mother-in-laws (1365 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Present Ideas For Eight Types Of Mother-in-laws by yhuci(m): 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
1.FAMILY GAL
Ideal Gift: Fancy Photo Album, Photographs
In case your mother in law goes all happy-happy-joy-joy whenever she is presented with the opportunity to dump a truckload of photos in front of someone and spend the next couple of hours discussing each and every one of them like a it’s a freaking Modigliani, getting her a photo album, digital photo frame or a booked family photograph session is definitely a step in the right direction. Get her a photo album even if she refuses to collect or show any of your photographs and make sure it’s a gorgeous one but skip the photo session or arrange the date and time in advance just to make sure the session won’t “accidentally” clash with your work schedule.

2. SEXY AND SHE KNOWS IT
Ideal Gift: Beauty & Fashion Trinkets, Popular Lifestyle Items
She’s trendy, active, up to date with all of the latest fashion trends and beauty product launches and is more of a gal-pal than an in-law! Well, if that’s what your mother in law is like all I can say is, “Can I shake her hand?” Lol! Getting her a present will be a piece of cake, girl! Get her a trendy yet age-appropriate accessory, some exercise equipment, a gift bag with a few newest beauty products you know she’ll love, a magazine subscription of Genevieve Magazine or a new bestselling novel. Don’t sweat even if you’re unsure as to what an ideal Christmas present for a mother-in-law might be – you can always get her a gift card and give her a chance to purchase the thing she likes the most.

3. HOME BOUND
Ideal Gift: Anything for the House
Okay, so my mother in law is like this and I thought getting her nice, girly stuff she rarely ever gets a chance to go shop for be a good call. And…well…I couldn’t have been more wrong! Needless to say – you can probably getting her a lamp this year, or a fruit bowl, maybe even a pair of house slippers. If your mother-in-law loves to cook then that’s even better, because you can start eyeing spice racks and cookbooks!

4. RETIRED & BORED
Ideal Gift: Crafting Supplies
Okay, now I know it sounds totally bad but hey, if you happen to have a mom in law with too much time on her hands and no idea how to put it into a good use, you know how utterly annoying she can get. Some enjoy gossiping, others will tell you their life story each and every time and so on and on. Worry not, as your gift for a mother in law this year is about to put an end to that! Get her a starter set and make her take up crafting. Scrapbooking, card-making, wood-carving, decoupage – there are plenty of awesome stuff to choose from and, once you get her hooked, you can just continue buying her more tools and supplies! Amazing, isn’t it? Killing two birds with one stone is an admirable skill but killing ALL birds with one stone…now that right there is an art!

5. BUSY ENTREPRENEUR/BUSINESS WOMAN
Ideal Gift: Something Feminine But Useful
In case your ma’ is a career woman, you can definitely get her something that will make her job easier or help her look stylish while she’s making paper! A designer agenda, a new shoulder strap for her Louis Vuitton purse, a really smart scarf or a stylish yet work-appropriate necklace, personal tech, a day at the spa so she could relax or some cosmetics. Don’t experiment too much with beauty products if you know she likes a certain beauty routine – get her something you know she’ll use or a gift card so she can choose. And it rhymes! Yaaay! Do you think Rebecca Black would hire me to write her lyrics?

6.PROUD GRANDMA
Ideal Gift: Anything Related to Their Grandchildren
Most grandparents would do everything to make their grandkids happy yet some end up not only loving the job but actually trying to be the best at it to the point where you start thinking that if there were such thing as “world’s best grandparents” title, they’d probably be the one winning it. If you’re having a conversation with this grandma, it’s going to be all about your kids, if she’s cooking or baking we’re talking about a menu that consists of everything kids love or might find interesting! Well, you’ve got one Wonder Granny on your hands and now would be the perfect time to thank God, Gods, Great Shogun, Faith, Charles Darwin, Justin Bieber or whichever divine force you put your faith in for it! Why? Because all you’ll need to do to make her happy is snap or find a few cute photos of your children to frame! Think something big and imposing. Have your kids draw her a card or a picture, write her a poem or anything of that sort. She’ll get all teary-eyed, I’m sure!

7. ACTIVE MOM
Ideal Gift: Anything Active
When you’re dealing with a mother in law that is very active, that is super outdoorsy and that loves to stay fit and trim, they can be hard to buy for! You don’t want to get them the wrong running shoes or the wrong workout pants, so why not go with something interactive? Fitbit is a work-out device and it is a great little mechanism that tells you how many calories you burn per day and exactly how well or bad you sleep. It’s a great little device and perfect for any mother in law!

8. THE COOK
Ideal Gift: Something for Kitchen
You know the type, that can outcook anyone and that wants to do every single holiday at their house — because they are a better cook than you. if that is your M.I.L, you’ve got a ‘The Cook’ type on your hands and that means that they want anything in the world for the kitchen. Cute accessories are fun and even pans that you never think you’d need to buy, she wants. Stay within the kitchen..

Any other ideas?

(1) (Reply)

Most Valuable Advice For Intending Couples Before Marriage / A Touching Letter From Abraham Lincoln! / Do You Believe Karma Plays A Role In What People Pass Through In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.