Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again (21282 Views)

Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. / Sheriff’s Chairmanship: PDP Faces Mass Defection / Mass Defection From APC To PDP In Edo State ahead of 2016 elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Rhemar(m): 10:49am On Dec 22, 2013
GEJ is d cause of his travails, and it's good he's reaping d fruits of his handiwork as there 'll still b more defection of pple 4rm PDP 2 opposition parties; that is what d result of turning everyone to political enemies by only listening to sycophants protecting their interest can be. Let's see how he'll sail through

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 22, 2013
Gbawe: One thing not apparent to many posters on NL, perhaps because Nigerians are more sentimental and biased than most, is the reality of how democracy is a game of numbers. When GEJ has lost the number game then anything can happen to him easily to even include impeachment. This is the reality his clannish supporters reject childishly while preferring to 'daydream'.

Also, Nigerian politics is unique with how the President must always carry the political patronage system and its sagacious players along at all times. If this is done then such a President will enjoy his full term even if a lousy leader who has left all ordinary Nigerians highly disgruntled. As it is, GEJ has alienated and offended everyone with his divisive, rash and pugnacious approach to every situation. They are now determined to deal with him and show him the system they all worship and benefit from is bigger than the Presidency. I know who my money is on. Anyway, we watch and enjoy.

The fundamental truth is that most of these rebels think GEJ should not have been president in the first place, they think of themselves as superior/better/stronger than him hence the reason why 'a Governor would threaten to kill a sitting President'.
Trust me bro, GEJ knows about the game of numbers but what he wouldn't do in the first instance is getting the numbers by all means. I'm glad the opposition has clearly shown him the only known style to accomplishing this. The issues GEJ has with the PDP political class is not one that can be resolved by patronage, do not get it wrong. Some of them want the presidency while some wanted the VP at all cost, these are issues that can never be reconciled until 2015 elections.

You said GEJ has alienated everyone, who are these people he has offended? This is just a matter of a few trying to portray their grievances as that of a multitude. They are slowly turning this dude into a silent beast that would unleash after 2015, mark my words.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by ratiken(m): 10:51am On Dec 22, 2013
A united Nigeria might not survive the outcome of these political developments. We might hit an economic dead end if these politicians continually overcharge the polity. The boys in the creeks have been overly empowered by this administration and the oil majors are already one leg out. I hope people are thinking.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by EbirichBen(m): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2013
Mark my Word, 2014 will bring forth the Best out of Gej and the New Pdp coming in place. Let the Criminal Leave the Party for the Younger Generation to Assemble It Self.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Pukkah: 10:58am On Dec 22, 2013
babaearly:

I can sense failure and regrets in your tone. sorry dude embarassed

The time for their regret has not even come.

We warned them then when Jonathan was dividing the Governors' Forum and saying 16 was greater than 19. We cautioned them when the Presidency unleashed Akpabio's PDP Governors' Forum, Gulak, Mimiko, Jang, Okupe, Abati, Wike, Patience Jonathan, Clark, Kuku, Asari Dokubo, etc.

The only person that was hesitant to join the fray and actually tactfully cautioned when the G7 Governors wanted to leave was Tony Anenih.

I did warn then that Amaechi could not have been acting alone and crushing him would not bring peace as he was merely the 'face of the forces opposed to the President'. I warned when they stoned Soyinka and the G7 Governors in Port Harcourt.

Now, where are all those names that I mentioned up there? Rather than advise the President wisely, they've alienated him and pushed him to cross the Rubicon.

The bitter truth is that politics has always been a game of numbers and will continue to be.

Today, are those numbers with Jonathan?

How do you explain that APC, a party that was formed barely 6 months ago, is the one that has become a major opposition?

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by tosan200(m): 10:59am On Dec 22, 2013
How I wish we have political parties who have ideologies and method of ruling the country , Nigeria politicians are very greedy and selfish .Gej and PDP is now a sinking ship and everyone is trying to remain relevant by cross carpeting to Apc( the new pdp).
I believe more governors will defect before the end of 2014.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Pukkah: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2013
Ebirich Ben: Mark my Word, 2014 will bring forth the Best out of Gej and the New Pdp coming in place. Let the Criminal Leave the Party for the Younger Generation to Assemble It Self.

We are watching. May God keep us.

But don't forget that the younger generation is yet to show promise.

Like someone said, they cherish their Android phones and hip hop music than an active participation in politics.

The divisive tendencies of tribe and religion, which have become more pronounced under Jonathan, are also major constraints.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by troy20(m): 11:07am On Dec 22, 2013
Billyonaire: Political re-alignment is becoming a perennial phenomena in Nigeria, especially when Politicians are jobless and career-less, politics is their source air, water and food. Without re-alignments, they could become armed robbers.

Look at today's politicians apart from the President and few others. Did they actually have a real career apart from the military-backgrounded mafioso parading themselves as democrats ?

While the masses are suffering, the politicians who called themselves progressives, and now dining with the ones they called "corrupt". It is sad for anyone to still believe a wolf can become a sheep, but I know these are all wolves in sheep's clothing.

I stand for GEJ and what remains of the rejuvenated, reinvigorated, renewed and pollutant-free PDP.

So help me Cosmic & Infinite Oneness.
which rejuvinated and reinvigorated PDP?? funny of you to hold moral faith in a party that has robbed you blind since 1999.funnier to even hold moral faith in any party at all.are those rejuvinated ones monks in robs?

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2013
babaearly:

I can sense failure and regrets in your tone. sorry dude embarassed
What failure is this animal talking about? The type meted out to APC in the recent Anambra election? If you consider the marriage between APC and IBB et al as a sign success or victory, then I can only feel sorry for you.

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by SirCee: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2013
I think , this is a key learning to PDP.
Democracy is all about carrying people along and not imposing things on people.
Peoples mandate should prevail at all times and that is the problem of PDP.
Hope, they will turn a new leave.
We are wathching...
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by SHAAWA: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Tony Nwoye became the PDP candidate in the
Anambra election few days to the election and despite being relatively
unknown, he still came second in that election. Many people were shocked
at how that happened.

So mass defection or no mass defection, the scores will settled at the
2015 general elections. As some people are leaving the PDP, others will
join the party. All these development will only make the election more
competitive and expensive at the detriment of governance.

politics is still a game of numbers, you do not lose registered members
because you are hoping for the new ones to join in. You need to keep the
old while you scouts for the new.
Almost doesn't count in an election there's no room for 2nd position. If you want to Win aim for the first.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Dsage1: 11:18am On Dec 22, 2013
isi4: Decamping from PDP to APC is the same as changing NEPA to PHCN.

They are not the same man, strong opposition is essential in a good democratic society.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Tookute(m): 11:23am On Dec 22, 2013
You kill person wit lafta
Femolacaster:
They actually saw it coming, they only want those corrupt reps, senators, Governors (as stated by Gej adherents) to defect. U will see after Gej has completely sanitized Pdp, Pdp will now be a party of new bloods/technocrats: like Bode george, Tony anenih, Ibrahim mantu, Farouk lawan, Stella oduah, Vincent ogbulafor, Evans bipi, Adebayo akala, Alameisigha, Dimeji bankole, Theodor orji, Mohamed abacha et al.....
D sage:

They are not the same man, strong opposition is essential in a good democratic society.

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 22, 2013
SHAAWA:

politics is still a game of numbers, you do not lose registered members
because you are hoping for the new ones to join in. You need to keep the
old while you scouts for the new.
Almost doesn't count in an election there's no room for 2nd position. If you want to Win aim for the first.
Politics is not only a game of numbers. It is also a game of interests. If we have irreconcilable interests that cannot be settled on the table, then we take it to field and settle it. Above all, even in pushing for the numbers and interests, there should be principles. Have you asked yourself why the likes of Oshiomole have not be part of the APC leaders going round the country to woo retired, disgruntled and stale politicians?

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 22, 2013
Sir Cee: I think , this is a key learning to PDP.
Democracy is all about carrying people along and not imposing things on people.
Peoples mandate should prevail at all times and that is the problem of PDP.
Hope, they will turn a new leave.
We are wathching...
Just like people's mandate has been prevailing in APC? Can you give instances of where people's mandate did not prevail in PDP under Tukur?

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Pukkah: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2013
tokunboh:

You said GEJ has alienated everyone, who are these people he has offended? This is just a matter of a few trying to portray their grievances as that of a multitude. They are slowly turning this dude into a silent beast that would unleash after 2015, mark my words.

Why would Jonathan describe a section of the country as his pillar of support? Why should Jonathan sit by and WATCH while Arthur Eze referred to Yoruba people (at a campaign in Anambra) in an unsalutary manner?

What was his response, as the Head of Government, to the famous and sensitive deportation saga which Peter Obi (who had also deported in the past) tribalized? Couldn't he have sued all the states involved on behalf of the Federation?

What has been the role of Jonathan's Police in apprehending those who stoned Soyinka and G7 Governors in PH?

Why did Jonathan wait until after the visit of A.C.N to Borno state before he went there?

Why did Jonathan absolve MEND of being behind the Independence Day bomb blast?

Why did Jonathan, a leader of a secular nation, combine state functions with pilgrimage to Israel, while needlessly brandishing Oritsejafor?

What has been Jonathan's response to the incendiary threats of violence by Asari Dokubo and Kingsley Kuku?

Why are militants getting contracts to the extent that they now own private jets and universities in a country where many people are poor?

Do you think he has handled corruption cases and allegations of misdemeanour well (including that of Stella Odua)?

Why should any serious President pardon a convicted looter like Alamieyeseigha? He watched as fuel subsidy ballooned from less than a trillion to almost 3 trillion naira. It has gone down again after the outcry with nobody brought to book.

Why should Amaechi be tagged a 'traitor' simply because he (as a South South Governor) was/is not supporting Jonathan? Shouldn't every intelligent person know that this approach could alienate Jonathan's supporters from other parts of Nigeria especially from the North?

6 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by omanzo02: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2013
Pukkah:

Like someone said, they cherish their Android phones and hip hop music than an active participation in politics.

The divisive tendencies of tribe and religion, which have become more pronounced under Jonathan, are also major constraints.

Divisive and tribal politics can not be rule out of Nigeria and also advantageous if u are seeking true federalism or fiscal autonomy. The conqueror posture of the bigger tribes is the escalating factors, I now live in a country where such politics is the order of the day, it is no longer worrisome.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2013
tokunboh:

Simple question for you: What can GEJ do that would make you repeat what you did in 2011?

He need to be the President that majority of Nigerians feel comfortable calling their President...
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Pukkah: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2013
Gbawe: As it is, GEJ has alienated and offended everyone with his divisive, rash and pugnacious approach to every situation. They are now determined to deal with him and show him the system they all worship and benefit from is bigger than the Presidency. I know who my money is on. Anyway, we watch and enjoy.

There was a post/thread on which I described the likes of Tukur and Akpabio as the 'enemies' of Jonathan.

I could not believe that a party Chairman would be making such devastating utterances and taking such divisive actions. Akpabio and Seriake also took on Amaechi.

Someone like Okupe, at the peak of the idiocy, also boasted that he would change his name should APC last for up to a year. I guess he should be warming up for a re-naming ceremony next year.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2013
Pukkah:

You wrote "The divisive tendencies of tribe and religion, which have become more pronounced under Jonathan". Can you explain further?

I understand that part of the propaganda is to repeat wicked lies as often as possible hoping the lies may by so doing transmute to truth.

Can you explain to us how "divisive tendencies of tribe and religion" have become "more pronounced under Jonathan"? Is it in terms of project sitting in the country or appointments? What else do people ask for after electing a govt if not for projects and policies that'll make their lives better? So how has GEJ made "divisive tendencies of tribe and religion... more pronounced" in these areas? Pls explain.

Can you explain to Nigerians why you'r online always attacking the president? Why would any normal human being spend a better part of his time attacking another? Is not because of tribal bigotry?

This is like placing logic on its head. You attack the govt for the obvious reason that the head of that govt is not from your tribe, then you turn around to blame the president and those who support him as being clanish. The shame is on you.

9 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by KolaShangOne(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2013
UP APC!!!!!!!

Kolashangone
Wholesaler of powerbank- pin:2256D856
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by texaco1: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2013
The current problems that pdp is facing today is due to the presidents attitude in been slow and sluggish to take decisive action. In the game of power and politics you can't afford to be indecisive ,every single day counts. All these defections should have been nipped in the bud if the President had taken the bulls by the horns and dealt with the issues ,instead of postponing his decision making. Now tinubu and his cohorts are making a fool of PDP and Mr President. To be candid PDP misses a clear party leader like obj. This sort of mass defection wouldn't have happened if a person like obj is in power. Long live PDP

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Waspy(m): 11:52am On Dec 22, 2013
If these guys are bent on unsitting Retardeen....they shld just go str8 to it, instead of beating abt the bush
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Philistine(m): 11:55am On Dec 22, 2013
Finally Nigerians can say goodbye to Retardeen,come 2015. See me I just dey dance Azonto,at last an end to this useless govt.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by GentleFrank(m): 11:55am On Dec 22, 2013
Good !
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by PassingShot(m): 11:58am On Dec 22, 2013
Femolacaster:
They actually saw it coming, they only want those corrupt reps, senators, Governors (as stated by Gej adherents) to defect. U will see after Gej has completely sanitized Pdp, Pdp will now be a party of new bloods/technocrats: like Bode george, Tony anenih, Ibrahim mantu, Farouk lawan, Stella oduah, Vincent ogbulafor, Evans bipi, Adebayo akala, Alameisigha, Dimeji bankole, Theodor orji, Mohamed abacha et al.....
tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Philistine(m): 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You wrote "The divisive tendencies of tribe and religion, which have become more pronounced under Jonathan". Can you explain further?

I understand that part of the propaganda is to repeat wicked lies as often as possible hoping the lies may by so doing transmute to truth.

Can you explain to us how "divisive tendencies of tribe and religion" have become "more pronounced under Jonathan"? Is it in terms of project sitting in the country or appointments? What else do people ask for after electing a govt if not for projects and policies that'll make their lives better? So how has GEJ made "divisive tendencies of tribe and religion... more pronounced" in these areas? Pls explain.

Can you explain to Nigerians why you'r online always attacking the president? Why would any normal human being spend a better part of his time attacking another? Is not because of tribal bigotry?

This is like placing logic on its head. You attack the govt for the obvious reason that the head of that govt is not from your tribe, then you turn around to blame the president and those who support him as being clanish. The shame is on you.
Apologies,but i simply hate that Otuoke man,so he must go in 2015. Insha Allah.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Kennyfancy(m): 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
i see sharing of dis country,,
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
texaco1: The current problems that pdp is facing today is due to the presidents attitude in been slow and sluggish to take decisive action. In the game of power and politics you can't afford to be indecisive ,every single day counts. All these defections should have been nipped in the bud if the President had taken the bulls by the horns and dealt with the issues ,instead of postponing his decision making. Now tinubu and his cohorts are making a fool of PDP and Mr President. To be candid PDP misses a clear party leader like obj. This sort of mass defection wouldn't have happened if a person like obj is in power. Long live PDP
I dont get you. Maybe you should have suggested what the President should have done to stop OBJ or other defecting PDP members (G-7 et al). Did you read the demands of those defecting?
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Kennyfancy(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
Philistine: Apologies,but i simply hate that Otuoke man,so he must go in 2015. Insha Allah.
u mallam shut up,,,who is allah
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by fkaz(m): 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
isi4: Decamping from PDP to APC is the same as changing NEPA to PHCN.

Yes, is just like changing from catholic church to christ embassy. You still remain a Christian, the only thing is CHANGE in the mode of worship, which is a welcome developement.
Or do you want nigerians to import politicians from ghana, to form another party

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by vanhelsing2099(m): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
jamace:

I am sad that people like you with all your fine grammar still fancy politicians who have no interest of the masses at heart. No wonder professors are bowing to semi-illiterates for crumbs from the table. Why should you be happy with criminals who brought us to this pitiable condition forming another mega party that will finally nail the coffin of Nigeria?. What do you think those in APC have to offer that we have not seen/known?

At this stage, I wish to advise you and other Nigerians who believe in party and not performance to think twice. Nigeria is looking for a leader, not a party.

Saul killed christians in the bible.. Changed his name to paul and became a believer....

If pple can still like paul,y can't pple romance APC

Either PDP or APC ,Nigeria must b great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sheriff Testing A Motorcycle When He Was Governor (Photo) / There Are Over 100 Salary Structures In Federal Civil Service’ / ₦5.5b Budget To Buy Cars For Senate Officers Will Equip NPF With 36 Helicopters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.