Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again (21281 Views)

Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. / Sheriff’s Chairmanship: PDP Faces Mass Defection / Mass Defection From APC To PDP In Edo State ahead of 2016 elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by StoneColdBiceps(m): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nigeria my beloveth country., why are we so quick to forget divine events that happened just like yesterday...I'm not a party person but I always base my convictions on common sense and simple truth! Whether politicians decamp or not is their problem. We all know how Jonathan became president, don't we? The man is not on d seat at his own will he was placed there in a devine way...jonathan is like Isreal...the bible says, a thousand shall fall at thy right hand and ten thousand at thy side but it will not come near thee only with thy eyes will thou see the reward of the wicked. psalm 91. Nigerian politics is the same. Same people and all. I will witness another devine favor.

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by danot1030: 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Femolacaster: I see Pdp turning to regional party in 2014 and many years to come!
S/E party.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
One of our correspondents gathered that the major reason for the planned defection was to enable the lawmakers actualise their 2015 ambitions.
wow really interesting.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Gbawe: 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
tokunboh:

The fundamental truth is that most of these rebels think GEJ should not have been president in the first place, they think of themselves as superior/better/stronger than him hence the reason why 'a Governor would threaten to kill a sitting President'.
Trust me bro, GEJ knows about the game of numbers but what he wouldn't do in the first instance is getting the numbers by all means. I'm glad the opposition has clearly shown him the only known style to accomplishing this. The issues GEJ has with the PDP political class is not one that can be resolved by patronage, do not get it wrong. Some of them want the presidency while some wanted the VP at all cost, these are issues that can never be reconciled until 2015 elections.

You said GEJ has alienated everyone, who are these people he has offended? This is just a matter of a few trying to portray their grievances as that of a multitude. They are slowly turning this dude into a silent beast that would unleash after 2015, mark my words.

What "silent beast" If the majority is against him in the upper and lower legislative houses? What will he be "unleashing" if the opposition control more States, including the wealthiest and most strategic in Nigeria, as a reality? I think, truth be told, too many Nigerians operate without an appreciation of how things really are on the ground. This is why misrule is gross yet the general polity remains docile and unable to influence their own destiny.

In any other nation on earth, there would be an exponent of this 'yawa' that the general population has a say in either in favour of the President or the "gang up" against him. Not so Nigeria because majority of Nigerians lack basic political sophistication and don't even know how to be anything other than powerless bystanders while Elephants fight. To that end it is left to the elite, "owners of Nigeria" and political power-brokers to fight themselves and see who comes out on top. This is where the numbers come in and this is where, for pragmatic folks, it is obvious GEJ is a goner. The alignment against him is not one to dismiss. The unique Nigerian 'kingmaker' system, the very one that installs the undeserving GEJs and Yar Adua's of the world, has decided GEJ must go. To me that is the end of matters. It does not help either that GEJ is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a good or pro-people President Nigerians can break age-long apathy and docility to fight for.

5 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by ilebaami: 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You wrote "The divisive tendencies of tribe and religion, which have become more pronounced under Jonathan". Can you explain further?

I understand that part of the propaganda is to repeat wicked lies as often as possible hoping the lies may by so doing transmute to truth.

Can you explain to us how "divisive tendencies of tribe and religion" have become "more pronounced under Jonathan"? Is it in terms of project sitting in the country or appointments? What else do people ask for after electing a govt if not for projects and policies that'll make their lives better? So how has GEJ made "divisive tendencies of tribe and religion... more pronounced"
in these areas? Pls explain.

Can you explain to Nigerians why you'r online always attacking the president? Why would any normal human being spend a better part of his time attacking another? Is not because of tribal bigotry?
This is like placing logic on its head. You attack the govt for the obvious reason that the head of that govt is not from your tribe, then you turn around to
blame the president and those who support him as being clanish. The shame is on you.
I am so very disappointed with the bigotry being exhibited by young Lagos residents in the main. Most are Yoruba who have very little exposure to the rest of Nigeria. Fashola, their hero is ordinarily not quality material like Agbaje. Even Jakande attended King's College and you could see originality in his radical approach. Fash is a product of lowly Birch Freeman which was not top 20 in the Lagos of his time. Fash is wobbling by showcasing ' Eko for show projects ' that the Lagos economy cannot sustain. Bigots beware. Your heroes are paper tigers. Your empire is collapsing!

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by jpphilips(m): 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
StoneColdBiceps: Nigeria my beloveth country., why are we so quick to forget divine events that happened just like yesterday...I'm not a party person but I always base my convictions on common sense and simple truth! Whether politicians decamp or not is their problem. We all know how Jonathan became president, don't we? The man is not on d seat at his own will he was placed there in a devine way...jonathan is like Isreal...the bible says, a thousand shall fall at thy right hand and ten thousand at thy side but it will not come near thee only with thy eyes will thou see the reward of the wicked. psalm 91. Nigerian politics is the same. Same people and all. I will witness another devine favor.

just let Gej know that his pdp ministry is lacking members that will take it to 2015 permanent site.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by jmaine: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
The electorates will determine the number factor like they did in Ogun,Oyo,Ondo,Edo and Anambra . . .

I dey laff ooo . . . . grin
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Gbawe: 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilebaami:
I am so very disappointed with the bigotry being exhibited by young Lagos residents in the main. Most are Yoruba who have very little exposure to the rest of Nigeria. Fashola, their hero is ordinarily not quality material like Agbaje. Even Jakande attended King's College and you could see originality in his radical approach. [b] Fash is a product of lowly Birch Freeman which was not top 20 in the Lagos of his time. [/b]Fash is wobbling by showcasing ' Eko for show projects ' that the Lagos economy cannot sustain. Bigots beware. Your heroes are paper tigers. Your empire is collapsing!

You talk of bigotry yet your post shows that you are a class A bigot and nauseatingly prejudiced person openly assaulting the senses of others with your disgusting bias. "Lowly Birch Freeman"? The secondary school Fashola attended now renders him inferior to his Kings College peers? It is people like you, god forbid you ever get there, who create segregated, elitist and class-based societies when in positions of power. You will shun merit and ability to propose that only some are fit to control society via background, upbringing, affiliations et al. Worst post of the year exposing a really primitive, elitist and highly prejudiced mind.

11 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by jelel6: 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
abeg make me self yarn.
I am one of those nigerians who are clamouring for change. I really dont know why most nigerians are sterotypes. The PDP has been ruling nigeria since 1999 with know visible development whatsoever. Tell me on what grounds should GED OF THE PDP win my vote come 2015. He has failed me. Clueless, leadership. He got there through politics. Thesame way he will lose out. As for the APC, am impress by thier zeal and focus. They may be absorbing PDP REJECTS. But is all strategies of politics to garner momentum and supporters base. Afterall, the Party is only a platform on which the prospective aspirant gets elected. The APC PRESIDENTIAL candidates will decide if i will vote at all come 2015. A combo of two of this men will entice me: FASHOLA, RIBADU, EL-RUFIA, ROCHAS, and possibly TAMBUWAL.

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by stantob(m): 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
As you dey plan how to rough handle that ashawo toto for night, na so ashawo dey plan how to break that your pipe.
The game is getting more interesting. Soon we will hear scores.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
ojimbo: shame on you, are for nigeria or are you against nigeria, do you know what conspired between OBJ and GEJ? You are the kinds of people we dont want in nigeria

You are Ibo...so I understand my comments will never sit well with you.

Do the needful by jumping my comment henceforth.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
Gbawe:

You talk of bigotry yet your post shows that you are a class A bigot and nauseatingly prejudiced person openly assaulting the senses of others with your disgusting bias. "Lowly Birch Freeman"? The secondary school Fashola attended now renders him inferior to his Kings College peers? It is people like you, god forbid you ever get there, who create segregated, elitist and class-based societies when in positions of power. You will shun merit and ability to propose that only some are fit to control society via background, upbringing, affiliations et al. Worst post of the year exposing a really primitive, elitist and highly prejudiced mind.

I really shuddered at that dude's comment...reeks of so much profound bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by obamartins(m): 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
I have come to realize in Nigeria's politics, the most vociferous group/arguments don't translate into electoral victory, Anambra is a recent example, i still remember all the arguments of Ngige winning on a landslide on social media. I keeping telling whoever cares to listen, that any politician preparing for elections in Nigeria and does not include rigging in his inventory, is not ready. Don't come and start telling us how u were outrigged. It only shows u were unprepared, it shows ur opponent was smarter than u. All Political parties in Nigeria rig in one way or the other, the master rigger wins the poll (Edo state LG election is another clear example). Yes APC has the media and Propaganda machinery to their advantage, to make an ordinary man feel GEJ is finished politically. But i'm not in anyway deluded by the so much noise they make on social media, newpapers and on TV. Nobody should cry foul after 2015 elections of been outrigged because it should be part of the preparation. I am afraid of an enemy that talks less, than those who starts singing victory songs after winning a battle, when the war is far from been decided. 2015 will determine the survival of APC as a party or its extinction. For all those calling Jonathan clueless, daft, slowpoke etc " it is better that your enemies overestimate your stupidity than your shrewdness" - V (Mafia Manager).

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by segnys007(m): 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
StoneColdBiceps: Nigeria my beloveth country., why are we so quick to forget divine events that happened just like yesterday...I'm not a party person but I always base my convictions on common sense and simple truth! Whether politicians decamp or not is their problem. We all know how Jonathan became president, don't we? The man is not on d seat at his own will he was placed there in a devine way...jonathan is like Isreal...the bible says, a thousand shall fall at thy right hand and ten thousand at thy side but it will not come near thee only with thy eyes will thou see the reward of the wicked. psalm 91. Nigerian politics is the same. Same people and all. I will witness another devine favor.
Oga, Jonathan is not Isreal abeg. It was just coincidence that events happened and he became president. And since you are quoting from the bible, what happened to Saul? What happened to the divinity in his rise to power? Unless you are saying, it's devine favor to condone cluelessness , mediocrity to destroy Nigeria just to favor this "Isreal "

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Rad1cal: 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

I really shuddered at that dude's comment...reeks of so much profound bigotry.

you are a disgusting hypocrite. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Iykeponti(m): 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hausas & their sweet Yoruba wife in action grin useless couple... Make una try more harder wink we dey wait for una come 2015 grin
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by iamtheprincipal: 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:
One post that is got so much points!
A politically savvy President would have done everything in his powers to have Rotimi Ameachi ( the most vociferous supporter of the President prior to the debacle) in his camp. I lost all political respect for him the day he allowed the wife to embarrass the governor.

He made it worse by his failure to manage his crisis with OBJ properly and allowing the hawks...political hanger on and opportunists in the Presidency to throw cheap punch at the old fox.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
Femolacaster:
They actually saw it coming, they only want those corrupt reps, senators, Governors (as stated by Gej adherents) to defect. U will see after Gej has completely sanitized Pdp, Pdp will now be a party of new bloods/technocrats: like Bode george, Tony anenih, Ibrahim mantu, Farouk lawan, Stella oduah, Vincent ogbulafor, Evans bipi, Adebayo akala, Alameisigha, Dimeji bankole, Theodor orji, Mohamed abacha et al.....
. . . DSP Alamiesigha will be made High Commissioner to Britain.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by nuclearboy(m): 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
GEJ got to power standing on the shoulders of the IBBs, OBJs and such like of this society! However, power intoxicated him and he decided to not only break the agreement he had with them, but also to "FEEL" that the presidents seat makes him an untouchable emperor! Well, news flash - the presidency is NOT untouchable! That is the lesson he's been given now! Even worse, he became anti-people and also started saying stuff like a section of the country is his support and constituency! That alienated swathes of Nigeria!

Now, those who carried him into power want him out and they are master negotiators! Plus they are ready to sacrifice, make (and keep) agreements and can be trusted to keep their words. And its so easy for them to get support - all they need do is point out how EVERYTHING including honor, truth and even decency have been subsumed by an inordinate ambition to stay in power at all costs regardless of the effect on Nigerians! Also, the attitude of a meddling insultive madam GEJ and the attack goats and pigs has further alienated him from everyone who he needed!

2014 will see him lose more ground and likely capitulate! Else he will likely, not only lose 2015, but also find they will still go after him after that!

Those here who insult everyone for not supporting him should realise that they too are just alienating people further

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilebaami:
I am so very disappointed with the bigotry being exhibited by young Lagos residents in the main. Most are Yoruba who have very little exposure to the rest of Nigeria. Fashola, their hero is ordinarily not quality material like Agbaje. Even Jakande attended King's College and you could see originality in his radical approach. Fash is a product of lowly Birch Freeman which was not top 20 in the Lagos of his time. Fash is wobbling by showcasing ' Eko for show projects ' that the Lagos economy cannot sustain. Bigots beware. Your heroes are paper tigers. Your empire is collapsing!
So it is only products of Kings College that should govern Lapos State?
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by ShineIt: 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
nuclearboy: GEJ got to power standing on the shoulders of the IBBs, OBJs and such like of this society!

And you want him to remain tied to the apron strings of these people we've spent 53yrs trying to free ourselves from. If you were not a shmuck you'd have realized its good breaking the hold these barawo clique have on us.

Except you want to be ruled by Obj's grandchildren and Ibb's great grandchildren.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by HAVIJ: 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilebaami:

shocked shocked Kettle calling pot black, BIGOT!

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by judiciarypalava: 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Over ambitious, selfish, hopeless and very wicked representa'thieves'. They think we will remain fools forever. It is only in a fooled state like Imo state in SE that they will think APC. Surely any of the house of thieves members that defects to APC is politically doomed like Ngige. APC that their agenda is basically to unseat PDP and Islamize this country. APC a combination of ACN and ANPP, a keg of gun powder waiting to explode after trickishly allowing then to stupidly join them. The major reason for their defection is 2015 ambition, instead of them to work themselves into the hearts of the voters they are so accupied with alligning with the so called APC headed by thieves. Lets see 2015 drama as it unfolds.

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Antivirus92(m): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
Kam nu na gej emerighi na 2015. Haters should go and die. Apc is doomed!
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by segnys007(m): 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
Shine It:

And you want him to remain tied to the apron strings of these people we've spent 53yrs trying to free ourselves from. If you were not a shmuck you'd have realized its good breaking the hold these barawo clique have on us.

Except you want to be ruled by Obj's grandchildren and Ibb's great grandchildren.
pls enlighten me, what has he, Jonathan done to suggest he's different from "these barawo clique"?
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by akandea(m): 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Femolacaster:
They actually saw it coming, they only want those corrupt reps, senators, Governors (as stated by Gej adherents) to defect. U will see after Gej has completely sanitized Pdp, Pdp will now be a party of new bloods/technocrats: like Bode george, Tony anenih, Ibrahim mantu, Farouk lawan, Stella oduah, Vincent ogbulafor, Evans bipi, Adebayo akala, Alameisigha, Dimeji bankole, Theodor orji, Mohamed abacha et al.....

Why are these people alleged senior stake holders in corruption sector and ministry?
To call these people fresh blood, SMH who are the old blood then?

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by segnys007(m): 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
judiciarypalava: Over ambitious, selfish, hopeless and very wicked representa'thieves'. They think we will remain fools forever. It is only in a fooled state like Imo state in SE that they will think APC. Surely any of the house of thieves members that defects to APC is politically doomed like Ngige. APC that their agenda is basically to unseat PDP and Islamize this country. APC a combination of ACN and ANPP, a keg of gun powder waiting to explode after trickishly allowing then to stupidly join them. The major reason for their defection is 2015 ambition, instead of them to work themselves into the hearts of the voters they are so accupied with alligning with the so called APC headed by thieves. Lets see 2015 drama as it unfolds.
your comment is strange. When they were at PDP they were ok, right? Now that they moved to apc they are now house of thieves? Nice logic there, mate nice logic.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by ShineIt: 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
segnys007: your comment is strange. When they were at PDP they were ok, right? Now that they moved to apc they are now house of thieves? Nice logic there, mate nice logic.

Don't be a schmuck bro, you people believe anyone in APC is progressive. Obasanjo is now a progressive, abeg let me finish my jollof rice ja re.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Has PDP provided that leadership after more then a decade? APC may not be the solution but it will give Nigerians an option. PDP politicians have been acting this way because there was never a serious opposition party to challenge them at poll.
jamace:

I am sad that people like you with all your fine grammar still fancy politicians who have no interest of the masses at heart. No wonder professors are bowing to semi-illiterates for crumbs from the table. Why should you be happy with criminals who brought us to this pitiable condition forming another mega party that will finally nail the coffin of Nigeria?. What do you think those in APC have to offer that we have not seen/known?

At this stage, I wish to advise you and other Nigerians who believe in party and not performance to think twice. Nigeria is looking for a leader, not a party.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by texaco1: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I dont get you. Maybe you should have suggested what the President should have done to stop OBJ or other defecting PDP members (G-7 et al). Did you read the demands of those defecting?
to be honest , baba obj will not leave the PDP , baba is too big for a party like apc . But the crisis withing PDP could have been eliminated or even reduced to the barest minimum if Mr President had done so few things right. The number 1 factor that could have doused this tension was the removal of tukur . This singular action would have restored confidence and shown the MR president as a man willing to do things for the good of the party . Tukur has done more damage than good to this great party and whether we like it or not winning elections is all about numbers . History is gradually repeating itself and the results of which I will better not want to imagine. Now is the time for Mr President to put things straight
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by ngoziama: 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
Apc is even worse than pdp. They have no focus, they are not sincere. If the same set of thieves and looters have been embraced by apc all in the name of planning to impeach gej,increasing their strength, then amaechi and his bunch of clowns should be ready to be used and dumped. I expected apc to form a credible party that would comprise intellectuals and corrupt free nigerians but here they are multiplying in corruption. To me, apc comprises dangerous, ambitious, selfish, greedy and corrupt individuals who are not sincerely fighting corruption rather they are looking for a way to come back and kill nigeria. The press should spare us of this defection news, do we have lawmakers, we have lawbreakers who are only there to pursue their selfish ambition at the expense of the masses. Lawmakers who are so corrupt, lawmakers who cannot even travel to their constituencies to save their people,lawmakers who even their 5year old child is in nursery school abroad, lawmakers who approved that they should be allowed to operate foreign account,lawmakers whose salary is so large to even sort education and health problems in nigeria,lawmakers who go to ministries and parastatals to collect ghana must go bags of money,lawmakers who for the sake of estacode travel for trainings to the uk,usa,etc yet they come back empty even after physically observing sittings of parliamentarians in such countries, ,lawmakers who are friends of terrorists,lawmakers who cannot even say simple truth,lawmakers who have sold their shame. Mtchewwwww! I hear the lawmakers saying they are defecting because of the crises in pdp, tell me ,does a lawmaker who is performing well need to defect. It is not about the party but the individual. Mandela an individual is gone but if anc fails south africans they would lose.it is not about party but intergrity of the politicians. Our lawmakers do not have intergrity and they had long sold their shame! If they like let them defect to abc or apf, I pray nigeria would vote individuals and not party in 2015.
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by jpphilips(m): 4:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilebaami:

and your point is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Framed Obasanjo Over The Years – Presidency Sources / HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 / 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.