Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (91062 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by agabaI23(m): 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
urboy1: By the way..Have anyone seen this interview.?? SMH at some people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNEad0hYYxY
Channel guys dealt with this Fasakin guy to be honest!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by true2god: 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
Lol..and that is all you have to say. I'll suggest you don't quote me if you can't aspire to be on the same level intellectually with me. All you do is going around looking for English grammar to correct instead of treating the issue at hand.
Afam take it easy with ilugun boy. Daft people are also welcome on nairaland since there is no e-filter to remove people like him (ilugunboy) from having access to the internet.

Do not fall for their cheap blackmail.

6 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by true2god: 2:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
Yet, you keep quoting. Pls leave this terrain for critical thinkers and go play with your toys. I don't want to bully a child with political jargons cos it seems to me that you don't have a single political bone in you. You're here to make trouble and troll without adding any sort of value.
Take it easy with him (ilugunboy). Perharps he just successfully passed his Jamb, so his e-exuberance is understandable.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by dancruz(m): 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
adedejiadekunle: I HAVE GONE THROUGH OBJ LETTER TO GEJ AND NEVER FIND A PLACE WHERE BABA SAID THAT HE SUPPORTED SHAGARI AGAINST AWOLOWO AND ZIK IN 1979. GEJ SHOULD BE BOLD ENOUGH TO ADDRESS THE ISSUES RAISED BY BABA OBJ IN HIS LETTER TO HIM INSTEAD OF BEATING BY THE BUSH. WOT HAPPENED TO $49.5M DOLLARS RAISED BY SANUSI, 255M ODUAHGATE NKO AND N500B SURE-P FUND TO MENTION A VIEW. ALL THESE ISSUES SHOULD BE ADDRESSED ONCE AND FOR ALL. NIGERIANS ARE WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU, MR PRESIDENT

U dey listen to news or read current newspapers @ all? Smh!!

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 01mcfadden(m): 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
Tai Emeka Obasi Wrote:
''We didn't need your reply to pick gapping holes in all the retired general's accusations and insinuations. But now you have cleared the air in the assertive manner you did, I'm finally proud of a Nigerian President.
You are indeed a child of destiny...a man who conquered religious, academic and ethnic barriers to become the most unlikely king. God does not just throw up people like you without a definite positive CHANGE in mind. While people like Obasanjo may be too impatient to see God's desire, we will work assiduously with you to grasp our glory.
The battle for 2015 is not just for PDP. It's for neutrals, Nigerians who have seen leadership and in very discernible position to compare without bias. Be assured we won't abandon you...give us steady power supply by early 2014, kick off the National Dialogue as intended and improve on the security situation... Then leave the battle for us!'

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by bubbllie(m): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
Secretly, I had given GEJ the thumbs up for his silence and hoped he'll identify the REASONABLE GREY AREAS highlighted by the former president and then reply the old monkey by fixing the problems instead of writing this tales by moonlight.
Infact, by referring to the former president as "baba", GEJ has just confirmed my opinion of him as a lame duck...
Anyway, I'm enjoyin' the season film. grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by agbameta: 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
Lol..and that is all you have to say. I'll suggest you don't quote me if you can't aspire to be on the same level intellectually with me. All you do is going around looking for English grammar to correct instead of treating the issue at hand.

Afam too dey claim intellect?

Odikwa very very risky on NL o.

Do you even know the meaning of that word? lmao
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
agbameta:

Afam too dey claim intellect?

Odikwa very very risky on NL o.

Do you even know the meaning of that word? lmao

I just LMAO when I read the comment.....the computer villager hustler pirating software sef dey form intellectual.

Rotlmao.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by dan6019(m): 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
Why did Gej has to shy away from addressing the 2015 issue!! Are you contesting or not, this seems to be the most appropriate time to let Nigerians know. Except you have ahidden agenda, which is the case, anyway
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
But on a serious note. What's with all these letters in the 21st century? What happened to emails? Mehn these Ol' School Politicians need to give way for the youths to take over.

What the fvck is a letter in the 21st century? undecided

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Rexyl(m): 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
bheegsam: I thought xmas is a time for the exchange of gifts and not letters or presidential speeches

It has just happened that way in Nigeria. who knows if it is era of letters starting from Nigeria will close the chapter of information age and open another phase of global development..... just laughing o. Alright I hope to see better Nigeria emerging from lettered Nigeria in this millennium.

back to all letters we have received on National issues so far, I can see that the so called leaders view Nigeria as their property from which they can tap whatever wealth as they wish. With more letters we are being placed in better position to read and know much about them. Unfortunately there has not been sacrifice, commitment and patriotism to save this nation. No, letters received so far speak much about there intentions. if you think they want to serve you, you better begin to think twice. All of them, with the passion they are trying to recycle their stint/stink, they are mainly after selfish gains
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by zomby(m): 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
I can not believe that we continue to allow this kind of leadership in Nigeria. Very embarrassing indeed!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Rexyl(m): 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
The letter Na hot cake, the most widely tasted from all news within and outside the country by Nigerians and people of other nations.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Agunnewi: 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
true2god: Take it easy with him (ilugunboy). Perharps he just successfully passed his Jamb, so his e-exuberance is understandable.

Thank you my brother. Afam should just ignore them like you said.

Their infantile drivel is a clear evidence they are ''teeny bopper'' who is immensely overwhelmed by a few strands of hair sprouting from the secluded portion of their anatomy. Hopefully when they become men, they'd look back and shudder at their brazen exhibition of buffoonery.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Prymestrr(m): 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
dan6019: Why did Gej has to shy away from addressing the 2015 issue!! Are you contesting or not, this seems to be the most appropriate time to let Nigerians know. Except you have ahidden agenda, which is the case, anyway
[size=15pt]why is it imperative 2 u lots that he makes his political intentions come 2015 open If u aren't as daft as u claimed GEJ is, then u should have known what's gonna go down come 2015 instead of trying ur damnest 2 force him 2 make an open declaration.
If GEJ should openly declare his intention 2 contest come 2015 when d time isn't right then his oppositions will have a tool with which 2 fight 4 his disqualification.
Let d man do his deal 4 his supposed 4 years in office. Go mind ur biz... If u wanna contest then go do that coz d law is not against u. That's ur franchise [/size]

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Cogent: 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
rudedough: But on a serious note. What's with all these letters in the 21st century? What happened to emails? Mehn these Ol' School Politicians need to give way for the youths to take over.

What the fvck is a letter in the 21st century? undecided

grin

They are just seeking attention.

Funny old men.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jpphilips(m): 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
soe:
GEJ SIMPLY MEANS : OBJ...you know you were corrupt and that's muritala wanted to remove you, no wonder you killed him and took over power. You even killed dimka to cover up....Waoh!!! Gej you are bold oo..but hope you know you are creating enemies with past leaders...the only friend Gej has now is Gowon who feels OBJ owes for overthrowing his regime...Nawa o...Gej has said so much to rubbish OBJ...and so..he has bitten the fingers that fed him...obviously I know some people are brainwashing him...it will be too late when he discovers... I know OBJ to be Mr Never forgive.. And I know he will turn many people against Gej asap...if OBJ could finish abacha...from the prison oo...then Gej needs to watch his back very closely this time. Even Atiku knows this...

You know why I like Nairaland? It is because I have a feeling that whatever we say on frontpage gets straight to those in Power, they all read our frontpage comment. Now, Talking To GEJ and OBJ...the two of you should part ways and let us see whether it is Obasanjo that determines the Next President, or it is any Sitting President that determines it. Ah Ah, according to history, Only OBJ has decided which civilian to rule, He put Shagari, He put Himself, He put Yar'Adua, He put GEJ....only one man fa!...Now, I want to know the truth, is OBJ the one in charge? or is it the Incumbent President that decides...mind you Mr Gej...Old soldier never die oo,,,.as long as OBJ na Soldier, forget, He would have stronger links in the army than you ooo..therefore, do not attempt any military or police war against these fmr heads of state, I am begging you. Me I am just saying my own oo, am just keeping it REAL....koledowo...did i tell you to say that? lol

The bold part is not entirely true
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Cogent:

grin

They are just seeking attention.

Funny old men.

grin grin Actually i don't believe they're only seeking attention, i think they don't know how to send emails. grin grin The press have email addresses to be cc-ed. What the fvck is a letters in the 21st century? undecided

I can't remember the last time i heard the word "LETTER". Dafuq is that? This ain't the sweet 80s grin grin These ol'school politicians won't kill me. cheesy
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jpphilips(m): 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
yibomustgo: The response was flat with no substance. He failed with this response. he did not address the allegations made by Obasanjo. He mentioned the allegations but failed to defend himself with facts.

I think Obasanjo wrote out of fear of what Mustapha might do to him now he is out, Mustapha was Abacha's Hench man who masterminded OBJ's incarceration on a phantom coup attempt, Obj retaliated by ensuring that he remained in detention through out his 8yrs reign.
Finally both of them are on the street, it is normal for Obj to be scared.

Jonathan need no response to that, its something personal between the duo

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by BennoitKenny: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
The letter replied by Good luck to Obasanjo has drawn sympathies in every corner,and it is very clear that Obasanjo is really an insinuator and will never survive a reproach from God ALMIGHTY
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by pacodas: 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
GEJ should match words with action by probing OBJ for corruption. Is a former president immuned from prosecution?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by djfaithy: 5:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Red Eboe:

Femi Fani Kayode and Sanusi Lamido also helped in drafting Obasanjo's 18 page letter..so,kini big deal?
. The big deal is that after you've all read his response, 80% of you started jubilation like we've just won the world cup,without asking that important question...se na like this we go they dey ........, now what is the difference between obj and Gej and some azz holes still sing praise him, well let's wait and see............................God you are too wonderful, I can see you are working for Nigeria please, please, please let the said snipers (which I'm 80% sure ,does exist) kill all these old and new f00ls,..........please God!, please God !!, God please !!!, I have a special request, if jonathan knows anything about boko haram, I want you to kill him like a fowl killed by truck and make his generations slaves to Nigeria amen. NIRF BAN
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Prymestrr(m): 5:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
djfaithy: . The big deal is that after you've all read his response, 80% of you started jubilation like we've just won the world cup,without asking that important question...se na like this we go they dey ........, now what is the difference between obj and Gej and some azz holes still sing praise him, well let's wait and see............................God you are too wonderful, I can see you are working for Nigeria please, please, please let the said snipers (which I'm 80% sure ,does exist) kill all these old and new f00ls,..........please God!, please God !!, God please !!!, I have a special request, if jonathan knows anything about boko haram, I want you to kill him like a fowl killed by truck and make his generations slaves to Nigeria amen. NIRF BAN
[size=26pt]smh!....chai!
He's already a lost cause.
Father Lord, please do forgive him 4 he knows not what he's spewing [/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by djfaithy: 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by urboy1: 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
yetunsbay: i tell una dis is sentiment.y una no upload SSA president own too
Brovs I dint upload SSA own because they did not discuss about the letter...If they did, it would be here. nothing to do with sentiment.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by djfaithy: 5:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

[size=26pt]smh!....chai!
He's already a lost cause.
Father Lord, please do forgive him 4 he knows not what he's spewing [/size]
. Whatever !!!, father lord, if you can understand an ant then You understand me more than myself, you know I'm not paid to write, I'm not even in the damn country presently, I just want the best for my kids and their kids which I know gej is not the right man for the job, I know you understand Nigeria more than all of us and my intention more than he does. thank you God for you are not men.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Polchiz(m): 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Must you give Abati credit each time GEJ speaks?
scribble: Goodluck needs to double whatever he is already paying Abati...that man may save his Presidency after all
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Polchiz(m): 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
You are either an illitrate or an idiot.
NO APOLOGY
yibomustgo: The response was flat with no substance. He failed with this response. he did not address the allegations made by Obasanjo. He mentioned the allegations but failed to defend himself with facts.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Faroda: 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Fellow Nigerians, i pray for this country that in the coming year 2014, we are going to make more progress than ever before. Why i am optimistics is that this face off among our elites and rulers is a good omen for the masses.
Nigerians youths should brace up for liberation struggle next year. Not street struggle but the tempo of our social media response should be in positive manner, not tribal or religious attack on each other. We all have one common enemies. Those who are waisting our common wealth are our enemy and we must start a e-revolution to face them. All tribe in Nigeria have these people as brothers and sisters, let us come together and fight these people.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by mykel25(m): 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
donphilopus: This letter was composed by Abati, Okupe, and Gej himself; I've taken my time to read every-page of this letter, but I saw no reply to the "corruption allegation" levelled against his administration.

With all these, I'm beginning to believe that "the ship of Nigerian state is trending around the political Bermuda Triangle".

This man was busy addressing the internal crisis in PDP, instead of the country in General. I also thought I would see something like names of the corruption-personified Nigerians on the letter; but I saw nothing of such. They were busy calling Okosun and Anikulapo-Kuti; only God would save Nigeria.

I'm still expecting another open-letter, between now, and January ending. It's now synonymous to our name.
sowie to say u're too dull for heaven sake....don't u c great men bn murdered cuz dey re trailing top corrupt officials?.....corruption is not easy to curb...d question is y dint obj subdue it to zero level wen he waz there for almost 12 years

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by maxtamazin: 5:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Stupid,embarrassment, unbelievable e.t.c. I wish i could find more words to describe these two imbeciles who are making Nigeria a laughing stock and a sick man of Africa. I have had enough of these two clowns.

GEJ is the president of the whole Nigeria and i am surprised he had the time to reply OBJ, why cant he prove the fool(obasanjo) wrong and buckle down to the job he was elected to do and let us Nigerian be the judge. I read the whole reply and couldn't stop laughing, a yr 6 student will do better than that. The letter should have address the whole nation and shldnt be more than a page...he can call it xmas letter to the nation but with a coded message to Obasanjo and the rest.

Anyway, thanks to GEJ and the rest of the clowns, am a butt of joke among my friends from other nations and the whole letter is a big xmas joke at work.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by donphilopus: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
mykel25: sowie to say u're too dull for heaven sake....don't u c great men bn murdered cuz dey re trailing top corrupt officials?.....corruption is not easy to curb...d question is y dint obj subdue it to zero level wen he waz there for almost 12 years
What are all these?? Is this not foolishness??

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid) / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.