Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:33 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (91587 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by otunlexy(m): 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
urboy1:

I just hope this letter exchanges (which are clear eye openers) would remain as letters and not escalate to sad and unwanted situations...

I pray ooo
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Onlytruth(m): 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
GEJ is right; this letter will be quoted for all time in Nigeria's history. It will be a watershed of sorts, and I pray that issues raised in it will somehow spin a sponteneous chain reaction that ensures that old rogues in Nigeria are permanently caged for the good of our chidren's future.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by mrofficial(m): 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
GEJ don grow balls. 2015 will be bloody.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by akinshivic(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nigerians let's wake up from our slumber !
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by iscom(m): 6:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
R.I.P OBJ. GOODLUCK carry go.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Italiano1: 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
ilugunboy:

Sexkillz hardly comment then on this section...so you keep guessing about his intelligence...but this other guy leaves you with no doubt about the shallowness and emptiness of his mind.

Ilugun abeg leave Afam alone oo grin grin

Some of us want to learn from the intellectual god of our generation. Afam please proceed and share your arcane knowledge with your humble students. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by dioman: 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
yibomustgo: Jonathan did not address Obsanjo's allegations. What he has done is to just repeat the allegations and denied doing them. He tried to give Obsanjo some body shots while doing it. I don't see this a good response to what Obasanjo asked in his letter.

Jonathan failed to address the corruption allegations i.e Stellah Oduah and co....

Jonathan failed to address his talk about only Ibos voted for him and Ibos being his backbone....

Jonathan failed to address the allegation of Al-Mustapha release....

Jonathan failed to address the insecurity questions in the country....

Jonathan failed to answer the question of supporting opposition parties with the promise that they support him for re-election...

Jonathan failed to address the problem he caused in Rivers State as sitting Governor, Amaechi is being humiliated by police and GEJ loyalists...

Jonathan has failed to address the allegation of weapons being shipped to Enugu and not the rest of the country.......

There are more questions to be answered.

'Ll advice you read this letter once again.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by omanzo02: 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
It's already page 30 and we have not seen APC e-front man GBAWE?.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by balladin: 7:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kairoseki77: This exchange of letters between 2 CORRUPT thugs is not only nauseating but very embarrassing. It is very convenient for these two anuofias to write to one another when neither of the dimwits can communicate properly in English.

Dr Jonathan and General Obamumu cannot teach English at nursery level, they cannot coherently express themselves in interviews or during Presidential Chats but suddenly they are grammarians when exchanging letters undecided undecided

They hire hungry morons to write a meaningless tirade of "cow feces" and impressionable Nigerians will take such maga maga letters at face value and salivate on the rubbish in it. Nigerians are the easiest tools to rule over- very sheepish and easily controllable. They can endure all sorts of maltreatment and are generally worshipful.

Nigerians deserve the leaders they have- simples!
You have not attempted to criticise any of the points raised. You have thererfore failed to proffer any possible solution. You are just ranting and have ended up wasting space and time. You must feel you have made a point abi? Sorry you have not.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Jeboy(m): 7:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Even Gbawe cannot salvage this damage done to their new APC Chief consultant on politics OBJ

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by olas24u(f): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jeboy: Even Gbawe cannot salvage this damage done to their new APC Chief consultant on politics OBJ

It is still a strategy

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Cogent: 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
rudedough:

grin grin Actually i don't believe they're only seeking attention, i think they don't know how to send emails. grin grin

gringringrin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by chichriso: 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Objs' objective is to bring unrest to GEJ in his remaining years in office as president of this country... shameless man...

Letterr of Obj to GEJ: http://chrisderablog..com/2013/12/obasanjo-writes-18-page-letter-to.html

Letter of GEJ to Obj: http://chrisderablog..com/2013/12/letter-president-goodluck-jonathan.html

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Princewell2012(m): 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
hotwax: Fool. A disgrace to Nigerian. The clueless one. We will see how your Igbo brothers will vote you in. Hausa and Yorubas are rethinking.
sorry sir, you are not thinking like a wise man, tribalism will not help you.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by callmenow: 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
NL is turning out to be a focal point for disaffected youth to engage ethnic conflict and 'cleansing'. The older politicians are enaging in this on the basis of permanent interest, but no permanent enemy or friends, yet the m0rons here are going at it as if their life depends on it. Sorry get a LIFE. Engage Jonathan, when he is failing or losing his way, not because he is eboe (Igbo) or Otuoke best.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by dmgmailcom: 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
All I have to say is that Jonathan is educated and behaves like one, there is no need to insult Obasanjo, unlike OBJ. Political harlotry is a common Nigerian thing and they use other people while forgetting their own weakness, even when they are consciously aware of their actions. My personal opinion is that Nigeria must implement BRISIN as an enduring platform if we must move this country forward. Its time now.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by AskProf: 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
adconline: I'm neither a fan of OBJ nor GEJ. GEJ lost a huge political capital when he alienated his base-- masses and opposition that demonstrated against the cabals like OBJ and co. I expected GEJ's response. To contain some hard facts and numbers.. Number of attacks by MEND and BH during OBJ and how the number has dropped. Amount of crude oil theft during OBJ and the amount now. Number of prosecutions won by EFCC during OBJ vs GEJ won.. How many politicians prosecuted by OBJ vs GEJ.. All I see here in this response is " we are working". The only 2 paragraphs he trumpeted his achievements: FDI and UN Security Council.. How about daily lives of Nigerians.. This Naija mentality of " the country was fkucked beforeI became president" therefore, don't expect anything better is going to lead us nowhere

He thinks we all are ignorants...l
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by anthonyweah: 11:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
jona, u are somebody, the best medcine for baba. u fix him right on d spot
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tochstorm(m): 1:22am On Dec 24, 2013
sampeter: Having red the post and the comments, the following are the points i can glean: 1. Most Nigerians are blinded by ethnic chauvinism, hence they choose their decisions based on sentiment. 2. More so, they are gullible, myopic,undiscerning and immatured. 3. OBJ is a man 'who goes to equity with unclean hand'. 4. GEj provoked the open letter by not replying to all the 'previous letters', like it or not, OBJ is still very relevant in Nigeria politics, u can't call his bluff without any consequence (N.B am not justifying his 'antics' though, even Asari Dokubo affirm same thing) 4. OBJ is wrong and GEJ is wrong- OBJ had an ample opportunity to take Nigeria to a greater height but his greed and weaknesses failed him; GEJ has opportunity to pilot Nigeria to greatness but his attitudes - cuddling and handling with corruption, shady activities of his lieutenants, anti-masses poilicies e.g subsidy removal, MDA underfunding etc, and reelection antics are all the clogs in his wheel. 5. If i am asked, OBJ's sins are better left for the historian, while we concentrate on the relevant portion of OBJ's letter and the reply to ensure a favourable consequence for the good people of Nigeria. To be continued.
i thought were going to be un biased but i was wrong.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 1009ja: 2:24am On Dec 24, 2013
All Nigerians see where this is heading. The concentration to make sure that GEJ does not last till 2019 is intense. GEJ is adamant. OBJ and some other weights; heavy or dead feel another four years of GEJ will totally remove them from pull on the strings. I am coming more and more to terms that we will have not two but three or four Nigerias by 2015, not for any idealogical divides but because of selfishness of those who believe they own Nigeria and anything that crawls inside it. GEJ's chief fault is that he has surely encourgaed corruption. We don't need OGJ's open or closed letters to see that. GEJ is right in his assertion that corruption which has been with us since the early advent of military into government is limiting Nigeria's development. We wish he could have had enough courage to confront the scourge. As the drama unfolds, we get to know why.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by fayne(m): 5:10am On Dec 24, 2013
Puerile piece of writing from grown ups, men who re supposed leaders. Men who have done no bera gud dan wrecking our titanic country. So long as we remain docile, dis Titanic will keep heading towards a bigger iceberg. I weep for ourselves and our country.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 24, 2013
hit like if u believe this is one of d strongest thread in recent times... am astonished.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Mamog(m): 7:35am On Dec 24, 2013
yusufogrin: who cares. .my question is WHO WILL BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT IN 2015?

Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Mamog(m): 7:42am On Dec 24, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
There is nothing in that letter. GEJ should expect two from OBJ: one in response to this, and the other for the one purportedly written by Iyabo.

Your powerless General OBJ is down and out.... here him " I won't reply GEJ's letter"

Why is he running away with all the evidences at his disposal.. old man telling lies in public... big big shame to OBJ
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Mamog(m): 7:56am On Dec 24, 2013
rash47: The allegation of snippery, nnpc missing funds and ethnic bigotry of the president were not well responded to,the presidency could do better.

Go back and learn simple reading, comprehension, summary and communication skills..
GEJ provided enough answers to clear all speculations and doubts created by OBJ' s infamous letter.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by baralatie(m): 7:56am On Dec 24, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Na wa for dem o boy GEJ sabi yarn ooooooooo
mehn!i must get this doctorate degree.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by WarHorse1(m): 8:01am On Dec 24, 2013
donphilopus: This letter was composed by Abati, Okupe, and Gej himself; I've taken my time to read every-page of this letter, but I saw no reply to the "corruption allegation" levelled against his administration.

With all these, I'm beginning to believe that "the ship of Nigerian state is trending around the political Bermuda Triangle".

This man was busy addressing the internal crisis in PDP, instead of the country in General. I also thought I would see something like names of the corruption-personified Nigerians on the letter; but I saw nothing of such. They were busy calling Okosun and Anikulapo-Kuti; only God would save Nigeria.

I'm still expecting another open-letter, between now, and January ending. It's now synonymous to our name.

I strongly doubt Abati or Okupe or both associated in the writing of this letter. This letter has the intelligence and style of argument of one person who, interestingly has a motive to justify writing it. he is the one called a murderer. I smell Al-Mustapha here. I have watched his intelligent arguments - read others too. He uses a lot of questions to defeat his opponent. He is very good at history. He knows how to use numbers to defend his arguments. He is dead persuasive. I see his style in the letter all through. I even sense him smiling at the response from Nigerians so far.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by WarHorse1(m): 8:27am On Dec 24, 2013
Sir Cee: Mr President, this your write up is ok, but if I were you, you need not reply.
As number 1 citizen of this great nation, what should concern you is the future of this country and not to refer to what happened centuries ago. A leader looks at today to determine the future. I think the essence of the letter from Mr Obasanjo is to make amends and take this great country to the promise land. Please note as a leader,you owe it as a duty to solve Nigeria problems irrespective of how old the problem is. Before you became the president of this country, you are already aware of these problems and you assured Nigerians that the problems will be solved. You never told Nigerians that the problems will remain unsolved...remember, that is why Nigerians voted in mass for you. talking about how old is remains irrelevent as far as I am concerned. My advise is for you to take stock and see how you can change things. Nigerians are expecting much from you as the adage says to whom much is given, much is expected.

The essence of GEJ letter is to make know that God-Fathers of corruption like OBJ is making the fight against corruption difficult and that if continued, they will be leading this great country to the promised "political Bermuda Triangle". grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by zubino(m): 10:12am On Dec 24, 2013
Wow! Great response from presidency. The truth is that both parties took time to draft these letters, but many Nigerians are still hungry.

Baba its not for u to decide who rules in 2015, let God decide.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tijanijude(m): 11:10am On Dec 24, 2013
Obasanjo has said his own. Jonathan did not really give correct answers to the allegation, which by the way are not meant to be answered but worked on, all he did was to cunningly remind us of the atrocities that Obasanjo committed during his tenure as head of state and president and to also gave statistics which has no impact on the average Nigerian. He chose to ignore Oduah's and farouk lawan's corruption allegation which which need no court injunction for their removal, but only for prosecution, neither of which we have seen. Yet you gave a reply which was only meant to rubbish the image of obasanjo (which in any case is as bad as yours if not worse) and trying paint yourself as innocent, but we know you are not. Trying to use the media to play a mind game on Nigerians to gather public sympathy. We have not forgotten that u, in conjunction with Okonjo Iweala, shoved the fuel subsidy removal down our throat not minding public opinion and tried to paint ASUU black when we know that what they are fighting for is the future of our children's education. You were the first to call our graduates "half baked" (which most of them are) and yet unwilling to do something about it because it involves money which you are hoarding for your 2015 election campaign. I am not here to debate who is worse between you and Obasanjo, I'm only here to tell you to do what is right and redeem yourself. You are headed for the same pit Obasanjo is right now and you need to take a uturn be before it is too late for you. God has not created the man he cannot punish. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 01mcfadden(m): 12:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Wetin come be your own oo
Saliu elenugboro

If you are so blind to him telling me to go and die, then you are exhibiting y1bos characteristics of killing other people's leader and sparing theirs and still telling us, there is nothing bad in that.
stop ranting,its obvious you have lost your sense of decency...keep cursing everybody that disagrees with you!

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Arogunmasa(m): 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
If you live in a glass house don't throw stone n if u can't take blow brother don't throw blow- peter tosh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

See What Boko Haram Did To Cattle After Poisoning Water Sources In Borno..photos / Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.