Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG (20712 Views)

Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria / Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m / Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by nduchucks: 1:35am On Dec 23, 2013

The Federal Government, in a bid to ensure the successful implementation of its recently approved National Automotive Industry Development Plan, said it would encourage local auto manufacturers to produce less expensive models with price range of between N1.2m and N1.5m.

It also said it would collaborate with auto manufacturers, franchise holders, reputable motor dealers and selected banks to put in place an all-inclusive domestic dealership network through which a user-friendly vehicle purchase scheme could be funded by the National Automotive Council.

These are contained in a statement issued on Sunday by the NAC and obtained by our correspondent in Abuja.

The statement said, “Under market development, the NAIDP anticipated that higher-end expensive models will still be imported into the country in the initial stage, but the new strategy is to encourage local auto manufacturers to focus primarily on lower-end less expensive models with price range of between N1.2m and N1.5m; which is affordable to the middle class, coupled with other finance options.”

The statement added that the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Olusegun Aganga, had constituted two committees to ensure seamless implementation of the recently approved automotive plan.

The first is the Automotive Industry Policy Implementation and Monitoring Committee, with members drawn from broad-based industry stakeholders, including the Nigerian Automotive Manufacturers/Assemblers Association and the Automobile Local Content Manufacturers Association.

Others are the Automobile Franchise Holders (Mercedez Benz, Kia, Suzuki, CFAO, Toyota, Volvo, Globe Motors, Dana, Balyn Motors, Metropolitan Motors), Used Vehicle Dealers Association, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria and the Original Equipment Manufacturers.

Read the rest here

I am 100% certain that I wouldn't be buying any of those cars for any family member. May God punish these government official who would rather have us drive death traps instead of the luxury SUVs which they themselves enjoy.

I can bet my last naira that no DG, Perm Sec, Minister, Rep, Senator, or Economic Adviser will buy such a car for official use. Nonsense.

14 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Brimmie(m): 1:47am On Dec 23, 2013
So finally, i can cruise around the campus in my final year with a brand new car!? Cool!

2 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by scribble: 2:25am On Dec 23, 2013
Brimmie: So finally, i can cruise around the campus in my final year with a brand new car!? Cool!

bros dts cool i guess. but do u like mercedes?

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 23, 2013
Brimmie: So finally, i can cruise around the campus in my final year with a brand new car!? Cool!
grin cheesy cool
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by CircleOfWilis: 3:29am On Dec 23, 2013
may dem strt dey use am as official cars while we watch...

3 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by jamace(m): 3:41am On Dec 23, 2013
OP, it seems you are a natural hater of GEJ? I will advise you as a brother to purge your mind of hate because whether you like it or not, GEJ is performing well. And for your information, GEJ has already outperformed your master .

39 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by shineeye: 4:05am On Dec 23, 2013
HATERS OF GEJ....

The country’s first indigenous unmanned aerial vehicle, GULMA, designed and constructed by the Nigerian Air Force (NAF), was commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan in Kaduna on December 17, 2013.
Regrettably Some Nigerians claimed that the Drone do not fly. WATCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1xynyvb1DEo

AS EVERY BODY CAN SEE GULMA IS NO HOAX. AND BY THE WAY IN THE VIDEO YOU WILL SEE THAT THE GROUND CONTROL CENTRE HAS BEEN BUILT INTO A MADE IN NIGERIA INNOSON BUS.

SO IF Nigeria military uses nigerian made drones and vehicles,why are you so bitter about GEJ transformation?

31 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Abagworo(m): 5:08am On Dec 23, 2013
This is a plus to Jonathan if achieved. Nigeria needs a brand of its own.

4 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Theben(m): 5:19am On Dec 23, 2013
Good development. This is exactly how the industrial revolution started in China. Early in the 80s, the chinese closed their borders and ceased the importation of goods from any other country. They believed they're are capable of producing all they needed to survive.

Despite starting with production of fake products, they kept improving on their imperfection. And today, we all can withness the immense changes the decision of 30 years ago brought to the chinese.

Jonathan has taken a good step, and i hope he can go further by totally closing the border from the importation of goods we're capable of producing.

33 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by MeAndYou(m): 5:21am On Dec 23, 2013
up
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Akpaife(m): 6:08am On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks: I am 100% certain that I wouldn't be buying any of those cars for any family member. May God punish these government official who would rather have us drive death traps instead of the luxury SUVs which they themselves enjoy.

I can bet my last naira that no DG, Perm Sec, Minister, Rep, Senator, or Economic Adviser will buy such a car for official use. Nonsense.

U r stupid,soon u will start complaining there is no work some piple dnt hav sense why will nt be happy dat we r now producing cars in Nig instead of praising God dat our govt r now helping us 2 develop our talent u r here talking rubbish
Let's promote our product u will see Ghana n other country will be rushing our made in Nig car

41 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 6:10am On Dec 23, 2013
Theben: Good development. This is exactly how the industrial revolution started in China. Early in the 80s, the chinese closed their borders and ceased the importation of goods from any other country. They believed they're are capable of producing all they needed to survive.

Despite starting with production of fake products, they kept improving on their imperfection. And today, we all can withness the immense changes the decision of 30 years ago brought to the chinese.

Jonathan has taken a good step, and i hope he can go further by totally closing the border from the importation of goods we're capable of producing.

You are on point, India did same also, you see where they are now technologically.

7 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by SlyIg(f): 6:11am On Dec 23, 2013
It's a good news though but should be well built.

But will our top govt officials use these locally built cars too?
I'm just asking sha, *no hate or envy please*.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by IdomaLikita: 6:27am On Dec 23, 2013
Excellent Development GEJ!
However considering the Cynicism of Nigerians, Win their Trust by issuing a Memo to all Government Parastatals to use ONLY made-in-Nigeria Cars!
Afterall, it was Govt that popularized Peugeot,Kia,BMW,Prado etc in this Country!
GM Inc. in America enjoys unprecedented Govt Support, and that is why it is still relevant in the Auto market today!
INNOSON starts, Soon Competition will follow!
I give GEJ an 8/10 score in this one! The Guy is merely laying a Foundation for any smart president to follow!

7 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by eeeeeee: 6:30am On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks: I am 100% certain that I wouldn't be buying any of those cars for any family member. May God punish these government official who would rather have us drive death traps instead of the luxury SUVs which they themselves enjoy.

Well no senator, DG etc uses tokumbo cars, what then is the difference.

Is it not the car u can afford that you will buy?

3 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Abagworo(m): 6:44am On Dec 23, 2013
SlyIg: It's a good news though but should be well built.

But will our top govt officials use these locally built cars too?
I'm just asking sha, *no hate or envy please*.

I believe they will. At least when Peugeut was assembled in Nigeria, 90% of official cars were Peugeot.

2 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by philchudi: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2013
This is good, its truly a turning piont for Nigeria and its economy. The fresh air of chang is around the corner, kudos GEJ,

3 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Tuntheycr7: 7:02am On Dec 23, 2013

I can bet my last naira that no DG, Perm Sec, Minister, Rep, Senator, or Economic Adviser will buy such a car for official use. Nonsense
And if the car shud be sold for N10M, you wud b the first person to start crying dat d govt wanna exploit us.
Just get over it, its a good place to start

7 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 23, 2013
This is quite interesting

patience is all Nigerians need

Some sectors are manned by the right persons who mean well for the country

years later from now I'm sure we'll be thankful .

Anyone that says he isn't buying should veer off.

Even Tecno once had haters, with time it grew on them

If these cars are worth the price I'm sure Nigerians will be happy to have them.

abi you want use the car run grand prix before you relax?

7 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 23, 2013
op your opinion should be after that quote

It's not a good read this way
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by nduchucks: 7:19am On Dec 23, 2013
eeeeeee:
Well no senator, DG etc uses tokumbo cars, what then is the difference.

Is it not the car u can afford that you will buy?

My apologies. I assumed that folks had been following all the announcements made by the FG rgarding this policy. Making brand new cars available to Nigerians, albeit, low end cars is a good thing. But for goodness sake, why increase the import duty for all imported vehicles by 250% to achieve this goal? The proposed increase in tariff on Tokunbo cars is quite foolish.

The consequences for each side of the sector, including ordinary low income earners, job and business losses are issues at stake. Importers of vehicles, big and small, and other stakeholders, including terminal operators, mainly Roll-on- Roll-Off (RORO) operators who are on 32 years lease agreement , stevedores, freight forwarders, are grave and quite negative.

If the Feds must increase tariffs, they should do so gradually. This dramatic increase in customs tariffs is not necessary to achieve the result of making cars available at N1 - N1.2million. How does the Feds plan to replace the jobs which will be lost as a result of this policy.

A similar policy was instituted to support local rice industry last year when importation of rice was banned. What has happened is that a bag of rice costs more now than what it was last year. As at last year, a bag of good rice sold at N6,500 and N7,500. But because of the policy, a bag of rice now sells between N10,000 and N12,000.

This people should think this through. Manufactures can produce cheap cars without the destruction of livelihoods of possibly millions of Nigerians.

7 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by yomalex(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2013
okay o

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by nduchucks: 7:34am On Dec 23, 2013
Imanuelle: op your opinion should be after that quote

It's not a good read this way

ok, I don take ya advise. I don rearrange am. smiley
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by otokx(m): 7:38am On Dec 23, 2013
Abagworo:

I believe they will. At least when Peugeut was assembled in Nigeria, 90% of official cars were Peugeot.

It was an official policy then, all government offices just had to use Peugeot or nothing.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by IAMBREEZY: 7:39am On Dec 23, 2013
I don't see this as a bad idea kudos to Gej

2 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Biola4u(m): 7:43am On Dec 23, 2013
Until enough people successfully test run before I can think of purchasing. I no fit be specimen.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Tolexander: 7:43am On Dec 23, 2013
jamace: OP, it seems you are a natural hater of GEJ? I will advise you as a brother to purge your mind of hate because whether you like it or not, GEJ is performing well. And for your information, GEJ has already outperformed your master .
what kinda of response is this?
The Poster has made a reasonable point on why he won't buy the cars. So what is your own problem?
The thrash you can vomit is to tell us GEJ is performing without giving him the reason why he should change his mind.

5 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by dridowu: 7:45am On Dec 23, 2013
Good Morning Nigerians
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by ifeanyi83(m): 7:46am On Dec 23, 2013
This is a very good development....
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Chubhie: 7:49am On Dec 23, 2013
If this policy can be followed to its logical conclusion tis gonna be a beauty to behold.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by nduchucks: 7:51am On Dec 23, 2013
jamace: OP, it seems you are a natural hater of GEJ? I will advise you as a brother to purge your mind of hate because whether you like it or not, GEJ is performing well. And for your information, GEJ has already outperformed your master .

I'm sorry you reached the conclusion that I hate GEJ because of my post, but you jumped into that conclusion out of ignorance. Making brand new cars affordable at N1 - N1.2million is obviously a good thing. My objection is to what the FG wants to do to make it happen. Please read my post here for perspective.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly / My Lexus Gs300 Check Engine, Vsc, Vsc Off Light Is On. How Do I Wipe It Off? / 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.