Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,302 members, 7,954,197 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:04 PM

Data-The Way Forward. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Data-The Way Forward. (2430 Views)

Ranking Of Networks that Zaps Data The Most, From Heighest To Lowest / . / Glo Bis On (android) What The Way Forward!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Welcome to the thread

Mtn BIS Was all blazing with VPN tunnels. It was very much accepted and OK. At least one can exhaust 100mb daily for thirty good days[3GB]. Until they gradualy blocked it.

AIRTEL BIS came, that fateful day december 3rd they followed suite. At least one can have 6GB for a period of 3 months approx. 100mb daily. Or 1500 4GB for 2 good months. NOW BLOCKED.

GLO BIS came up lasted but for a while, now it's gone. Though a considerable amount of data was allocated.

ETISALAT BIS very very very fast @ least some dudes got around 724kbps from mY Area, with just 1,100 3.22GB was just your's. (this made many dudes to purchase tablets) Now it's gone.

I WONDER where we are going to. But guess......... MTN night plan. Hmmm it's awesome....... But not all nigerians can afford 2,500 although 4.5GB+1Week....good but not OK. To show how cunning they are, the data can't be shared.[at least 3 to three people can equally share the data to reduce individual cost].

So ladies and gentlemen, which way forward, if there's any you are using and it's manageable for you, share it also, let others benefit.

Though the service strength differs Geographically.

Re: Data-The Way Forward. by WorldGreatest1(m): 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Ay92(m): 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
I don't know
I really don't know
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by auztyno: 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
meehn me too i tire ooh
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by zelexotunla(m): 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
D thing tired person o,but me i dey manage mtn i-pulse #5. Get 2 two sims wey i dey do transfer of 55 and return 50 back use rmaining 5 subscribe. It depends on how u dey use d phone. Atleast to reply my cliqs. But I'm having feelings that these network providers got nyc package for android next year.

1 Like

Re: Data-The Way Forward. by pesty100(m): 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
hmm save mb on andriodhttp://www.nairaland.com/1562992/how-stop-andriod-hugging-data

1 Like

Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Lionbite(m): 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
The way foward is a Nationwide protest on outrageous data plans. Every youth voice must be heard, that's the only way they can see our seriousnes....... Another solution is let us kidnap the minister of communication and our ransome should be ₦1000 For 3GB

thats all...thank you

2 Likes

Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
Lionbite: The way foward is a Nationwide protest on outrageous data plans. Every youth voice must be heard, that's the only way they can see our seriousnes....... Another solution is let us kidnap the minister of communication and our ransome should be ₦1000 For 3GB

thats all...thank you
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha na so o, you fit? Hahahahaha lol

1 Like

Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
pesty100: hmm save mb on andriod https://www.nairaland.com/1562992/how-stop-andriod-hugging-data
guy, is it not when you have data, that the device will eat it up? Get the data first when it starts consuming it, we'll know how to minimize the consumption
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
Guy
zelexotunla: D thing tired person o,but me i dey manage mtn i-pulse #5. Get 2 two sims wey i dey do transfer of 55 and return 50 back use rmaining 5 subscribe. It depends on how u dey use d phone. Atleast to reply my cliqs. But I'm having feelings that these network providers got nyc package for android next year.
this your procedure makes sense. O but how long does this last? How many minutes browsing? But surely by next year network providers are to roll out cheap plans. But for now is this 5mb accumulateable? I mean can you accumulate the mb? I.e for a day say like buy one of 50 naira? I.e 50mb?
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by zelexotunla(m): 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
Innoxxacs: Guythis your procedure makes sense. O but how long does this last? How many minutes browsing? But surely by next year network providers are to roll out cheap plans. But for now is this 5mb accumulateable? I mean can you accumulate the mb? I.e for a day say like buy one of 50 naira? I.e 50mb?
. It is not accumulative,you've to exhaust d 5mb before u can deactivate and activate it back. As I said earlier it depends on d usage of apps. I use mine for watssap,bbm,gmail,yahoo and browser. I do off and on d data. Atimes it takes like 2hrs sha
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
zelexotunla: . It is not accumulative,you've to exhaust d 5mb before u can deactivate and activate it back. As I said earlier it depends on d usage of apps. I use mine for watssap,bbm,gmail,yahoo and browser. I do off and on d data. Atimes it takes like 2hrs sha
meaning it's pretty ok ni?
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mtn mtn
OCTAVO: On Glo network, one can get 1gb for N1500. Holla me 7c40d57f.
mtn mtn strongest In my area.
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Sability(m): 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
AIRTEL Bis 1500 for 2GB is still working, I tried it today and wow its blazing.

1 Like

Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
Are
Sability: AIRTEL Bis 1500 for 2GB is still working, I tried it today and wow its blazing.
you sure?
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by amjoseph19: 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
my airtel is working, my Eti is blazing.
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
am_joseph19: my airtel is working, my Eti is blazing.
it depends on the network strength your area na. But are you serious airtel bis works? Can I still subscribe to the 6gb ,?
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Innoxxacs: it depends on the network strength your area na. But are you serious airtel bis works? Can I still subscribe to the 6gb ,?

Airtel still works, it never stopped, I subscribed today after exhausting my 6gb in 3weeks cheesy

Name:
Number: Airtel
Content:
Dear subscriber, your Airtel Unlimited Blackberry 2+1 Monthly service is Live. Please remove and replace your battery to get the service running.
Time: 23/12/2013 06:44:45

As a matter of fact, I've received this second message from Airtel more than once in the last 48hrs

Name:
Number: Airtel
Content:
Dear subscriber, your Airtel Unlimited Blackberry 2+1 Monthly service expires on Sun 23 Mar,2014. To disable auto renewal, please send stopautorenew to 440
Time: 23/12/2013 06:44:45

hope you understand the implications of the second message wink
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
fewj:

Airtel still works, it never stopped, I subscribed today after exhausting my 6gb in 3weeks cheesy

As a matter of fact, I've received this second message from Airtel more than once in the last 48hrs

hope you understand the implications of the second message wink
won't they remember you someday? Well I pray not. But airtel is very bad in my area ni
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by puskin: 12:37am On Dec 24, 2013
Everybody will want to comment............lemme not see any fBT inside here oooh. angry
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Emmysteve(m): 2:40am On Dec 24, 2013
puskin: Everybody will want to comment............lemme not see any fBT inside here oooh. angry
Oga don yarn o BTW, what's FBT Abi na FPT?

Wow i said it finally
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Emmysteve(m): 2:44am On Dec 24, 2013
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Airtel is still blazing o. I did it. I shall buy another sim and sub the 6GB then chew my Etimumu. After all, sim cards na 100 or 150 naira
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Bayils(m): 5:03am On Dec 24, 2013
I don't even know where to start, just got my Etisalat Modem to begin surfing with My Pc But it's somewhat unfortunate datas available by our Network provider ain't helping matter....! Brethren, Any Better Alternative You're Currently making Use of?
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 6:09am On Dec 24, 2013
What's
puskin: Everybody will want to comment............lemme not see any fBT inside here oooh. angry
fBT so that it would be avoided
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 24, 2013
Innoxxacs: What'sfBT so that it would be avoided
FBT=FREE BROWSING TWEAK
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
hahahahehe
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
Please has anyone tested this etisalat multi device data plan? Does it work with their BIS plans? I asked their customer service but got a negative response. But we all know that these guys do lie most times just to protect their company and likewise their job. While others especially the girls, it's either they puff weed , pop alomo or combination. Well story for another day. Has any one tried or tested etisalat multi device plan?
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
Op nice thread. Like someone suggested, i think the best way is to protest against the exorbitant prices from our network providers, without taking due action, they won't stop being comfortable with their high prices, they won't stop this exploitation.

A lot of people might not entertain the idea until when airtel bis and other erroneous data plans are closed. Then begins the opening of numerous threads on NL, all with the same title asking about 'The way forward' lol.
If you can afford the pricey data plans fine good for you. I'm not forcing, neither i'm are saying everybody should protest.
But lets not forget that this is 9ja, a place were hardly any changes comes by without intervention.
Without ACTION there will be no REACTION.
Merry Christmas to y'all.

2 Likes

Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Innoxxacs: 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
better data days ahead
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by adewasco2k(m): 6:15am On Dec 27, 2013
If you ask me, na who i go ask
Re: Data-The Way Forward. by Xxpress(m): 7:58am On Dec 27, 2013
Airtel is not blocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Learn English / Umi Hammer S is a Hammer Smartphone With Touch-type Fingerprint ID / Warning: Glo 3gb Data Cap, Draining Fast - My Observation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.