Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,395 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Thread For Ogun State People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread For Ogun State People (3627 Views)

Amosun Is APC Governorship Candidate For Ogun State / Over 100 Building Demolish For Ogun Road Project / Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 1:58am On Dec 24, 2013
My dear people,Pls i want us to b using this thread to discuss germane issues of our dear state. Let discuss it wit sincerity, no matter hw passionate or sentimental we re,pls dnt let us comes up wit issues we cant substantiate wit a reliable source.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 2:11am On Dec 24, 2013
Let start wit IYABO OBASANJO LETTER TO HER DAD. ur thought? as yoruba will say OMO PAAU BI IBON......should iyabo be regard as this? ur comments
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Freewilly(f): 2:16am On Dec 24, 2013
Mods,can you move thread pls.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by simpleseyi: 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
I am an Ogun indigene based in Lagos. This so called transformation that APC and Amosun has been advertising, is it true that Ogun is really developing or just political camouflage?
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
@simpleseyi, sincerely speaking ogun state has now have a new look infrastructurally. Amosun is realy trying in dat aspect.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by cashkid18(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
kushy: @simpleseyi, sincerely speaking ogun state has now have a new look infrastructurally. Amosun is realy trying in dat aspect.
post pics oga or it neva hapened

1 Like

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
cashkid18: post pics oga or it neva hapened
fly over bridges

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by cashkid18(m): 9:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
kushy: fly over bridges
where is d pic nah
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by scribble: 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
pls amosun should make some of his go slow commissioners and special advisers move fast and stop delaying investment.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
cashkid18: where is d pic nah
i've been trying to upload d pics bt its nt loading because d kb of of d pics is more than 200kb.better still, u can visit d governor facebook page for as many as u want ( senator ibikunle amosun)

1 Like

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 6:59am On Dec 25, 2013
MERRY XMAS TO U ALL
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 10:17am On Dec 27, 2013
whats happening in ogun state? pls bring it to the front burner.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by LibertyRep: 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
Even a blind man could attest to the unprecedented infrastructural development going on in the state. The state has become a massive construction site, with fly over bridges adorning everywhere.

But beyond that, some other enlightened citizens are asking questions on the actual debt profile of the state, the manner of expending the IGR, who gets what project and why(wether there is any competitive bidding or not) and so on. Unfortunately, the state assembly is populated by the govt loyalist and most unfortunately is the fact that the media houses in the state are overtly sympathetic to the govt.

Sincerely, I wish Ogun and other states will be subjected to the kind of media scrutiny Lagos, Kano and Akwa-Ibow attract.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
[quote author=LibertyRep]Even a blind man could attest to the unprecedented infrastructural development going on in the state. The state has become a massive construction site, with fly over bridges adorning everywhere. u are right
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 7:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
d media houses are bias even rockcity fm wch i expect to be outstanding are birds of a feather.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Xfactoria: 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
LibertyRep: Even a blind man could attest to the unprecedented infrastructural development going on in the state. The state has become a massive construction site, with fly over bridges adorning everywhere.

[b]But beyond that, some other enlightened citizens are asking questions on the actual debt profile of the state, the manner of expending the IGR, who gets what project and why(wether there is any competitive bidding or not) and so on. Unfortunately, the state assembly is populated by the govt loyalist and most unfortunately is the fact that the media houses in the state are overtly sympathetic to the govt.

Sincerely, I wish Ogun and other states will be subjected to the kind of media scrutiny Lagos, Kano and Akwa-Ibow attrac[/b]t.

The part in bold is the big problem with the current administration in the state. The state governor cannot make money in any other way other than to embark on huge construction projects. These projects will achieve two things: good accolades from the people and good rating from the press. I trained as a civil engineer and practiced for a year. I know that construction projects are the easiest ways to fleece government treasury because their valuations are not easily discernible to ordinary citizens and are somewhat complicated because no two construction projects are exactly the same.

If you do the cost-benefit analysis of most of these projects, the returns would be alarmingly negative. For example, in my home town of Sagamu, the dualization of the Akarigbo street currently under construction should never have been a priority project. The best project the state could have pursued would be to open up the interiors of the town to accelerate development but those projects would only be seen by a few and would not receive the kind of applause and attention that the Akarigbo street project is garnering for Ibikunle Amosun. Those projects would not generate demolition contracts which is a huge part of the project cost. Simple traffic lights and good pavement and drainage maintenance contracts would have solved all the problems with that road. But that won't bring big money! The projects, none of which are novel or of high economic value are being financed with huge debts and it is not as if the government hope to rake in more revenue through toll collections on those roads.

So to me, Ibikunle Amosun has just found a new way to fleece the state.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
u are correct bt atleast let praise him doing something. what of if he refused to do anything
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Sirniyeh(m): 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
X-factoria:

The part in bold is the big problem with the current administration in the state. The state governor cannot make money in any other way other than to embark on huge construction projects. These projects will achieve two things: good accolades from the people and good rating from the press. I trained as a civil engineer and practiced for a year. I know that construction projects are the easiest ways to fleece government treasury because their valuations are not easily discernible to ordinary citizens and are somewhat complicated because no two construction projects are exactly the same.

If you do the cost-benefit analysis of most of these projects, the returns would be alarmingly negative. For example, in my home town of Sagamu, the dualization of the Akarigbo street currently under construction should never have been a priority project. The best project the state could have pursued would be to open up the interiors of the town to accelerate development but those projects would only be seen by a few and would not receive the kind of applause and attention that the Akarigbo street project is garnering for Ibikunle Amosun. Those projects would not generate demolition contracts which is a huge part of the project cost. Simple traffic lights and good pavement and drainage maintenance contracts would have solved all the problems with that road. But that won't bring big money! The projects, none of which are novel or of high economic value are being financed with huge debts and it is not as if the government hope to rake in more revenue through toll collections on those roads.

exactly you are right! I reason like manner. Ijebu Ode road he is working upon is not neccessary, it's like wasting of money. Nothing went wrong with road. He demolished house hoping to extend the road but nothing like extension. Why demolition then?
Amosun is working but not in consonant with the scale of preference of the citizens.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
The above comments really got me thinking, then i undastnd dt humans can never be satisfied. If he has done exactly what u guys are clamouring for, some set of pple will stil complain dt he's nt performin up 2d task. I'm nt sayin he's nt looting d state treasury bt at least his works ar visible, that's what d pple need.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Biodup: 9:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
I am from ogun state, abeokuta precisely. Can someone help me with general oriki of egba.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Xfactoria: 12:35am On Dec 28, 2013
Lawee007: The above comments really got me thinking, then i undastnd dt humans can never be satisfied. If he has done exactly what u guys are clamouring for, some set of pple will stil complain dt he's nt performin up 2d task. I'm nt sayin he's nt looting d state treasury bt at least his works ar visible, that's what d pple need.

We expect our leaders to be able to make good and sound judgment. We are saying that they should channel the resources of the states to productive and economically viable projects and not on projects that will create fortunes for them and their cronies at the expense of the people moreso when the project is being financed by debt. The economics of most of the project are not just right, the projects create little or no utility/benefit to the people so in other words, the government is not doing those projects to satisfy the needs of the people.

I grew up in Sagamu, Ogun State. Apart from the bad state of some section of Akarigbo Street that needs surfacing, I can't remember anyone complaining or clamouring for its dualization. Of all the needs of Sagamu people, dualizing that road would rank bottom.

So this is the point of our argument.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Sirniyeh(m): 5:43am On Dec 28, 2013
X-factoria:

We expect our leaders to be able to make good and sound judgment. We are saying that they should channel the resources of the states to productive and economically viable projects and not on projects that will create fortunes for them and their cronies at the expense of the people moreso when the project is being financed by debt. The economics of most of the project are not just right, the projects create little or no utility/benefit to the people so in other words, the government is not doing those projects to satisfy the needs of the people.

I grew up in Sagamu, Ogun State. Apart from the bad state of some section of Akarigbo Street that needs surfacing, I can't remember anyone complaining or clamouring for its dualization. Of all the needs of Sagamu people, dualizing that road would rank bottom.

So this is the point of our argument.
Exactly, thumb up for you! Please tell them more and more that we are not anti-Amosun.
Amosun is working no one denies that but he left the majors for minor, that's the concern.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 28, 2013
As far as i see, the gov. embarked on road construction as is that is the only infrastucture the state needs.. Road constructuon at the expense of other sectors. Definately, there is a sinister plan to it.
No employment for youths, our classrooms and schools are still what they are, no visible lauding of investment into the state.
It appears we only have a governor and a commission for transport and works.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by mogentle(m): 6:42am On Dec 28, 2013
@X-Factoria & Sirniyeh.
You guys are nothing but myopic and a set of incurable Pessimists. Did you just say that Akarigbo Rd. does not need dualisation? Have you ever witnessed the usual heavy traffic at Isale Oko in the morning and the thick traffic logjams that characterises Sabo Market Junction every evening? You did not grow up or live in Shagamu at all. The new expansion is long overdue for an upcoming city like Shagamu. I felt embarrassed by your reasoning. Pls, what do you guys want?
OGD gave you substandard.street roads that are already collapsing, you complained. Now Amosun is constructing a road that will outlive several generations, you are everywhere on NL saying the road leads to nowhere, it's to embezzle. Pls which road links Ikorodu - Shagamu to the Benin - Ore express way? Your reasonings are highly myopic and stinking. If not that, you won't be saying Akarigbo road that houses almost all the major banks in Shagamu does not need the attention it's getting now. Don't allow politics to turn you to what you will regret. Pls,Think Big.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by mogentle(m): 6:54am On Dec 28, 2013
azeezhy: As far as i see, the gov. embarked on road construction as is that is the only infrastucture the state needs.. Road constructuon at the expense of other sectors. Definately, there is a sinister plan to it.
No employment for youths, our classrooms and schools are still what they are, no visible lauding of investment into the state.
It appears we only have a governor and a commission for transport and works.

Yes, sinister plan to massive road construction. Good road will surely destroy traffic logjams, it allows you to carry out your business activities smoothly and get to your destination with ease. This translates to smooth and improved commercial activities. Sinister indeed.
BTW, I don't just embrace the idea of clamouring for employment from government. Let the government provide a smooth platform for investors and there will be more than enough jobs. Govt offices are already overcrowded.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 7:03am On Dec 28, 2013
let wait and see. i hope it work out as expected. EKAARO EYIN OMO OGUN
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 28, 2013
X-factoria:

I believe i have a say on this thread as well since my mum is from abeokuta.
You are absolutely correct. The same applies to otta. I pass that new road once in a while and it's a total waste considering the traffic flow on that route. The same is being done on the agbado-akute-alagbole-ojodu corridor, A 6 lane road is currently being constructed and there would be 3 massive flyover bridges and roundabout junctions on that same road, the traffic flow is not even half as heavy as the ojodu-ogba-agege road. I wonder if the state consulted transport planners before embarking on these construction projects. Tinubu as done well by giving lagos Lamata.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 7:29am On Dec 28, 2013
i heard dat some teachers were given compulsory retirement across d state.i also learnt dat many of these forged their birth certificate to stay longer in service and they re to refund d salaries dat were over received.i think its a good development
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 28, 2013
X-factoria:

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 28, 2013
mogentle:

Yes, sinister plan to massive road construction. Good road will surely destroy traffic logjams, it allows you to carry out your business activities smoothly and get to your destination with ease. This translates to smooth and improved commercial activities. Sinister indeed.
BTW, I don't just embrace the idea of clamouring for employment from government. Let the government provide a smooth platform for investors and there will be more than enough jobs. Govt offices are already overcrowded.
Good roads will indeed destroy traffic jam but what the posters above are pointing out to you is that considering the cost benefit analysis of those project, some simple solution such as minor expansion, installation of traffic lights junction, repairs/maintenance e.t.c would have achieved the same goal. Then the government would free up funds to use on other projects. That's how it's done in lagos and other progressive cities in the world.
You just dont go about turning two lanes roads to six lane roads as if that's the only solution to traffic congestion. There are many cheaper options of managing traffic. That is what lamata has achieved in lagos, providing cost effective solutions. We are in 2013 not 1980.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by 234GT(m): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2013
Amosun came in and sacked people who were employed through due process. Nobody is talking about these set of disengaged workers again.
He did a shabby recruitment and brought in his party faithfuls. How many people has he employed self. This was someone who said he would employ 10,000 youths in the first 100 days in office.
As regards road construction, methinks he is constructing roads in places where people will see his works and praise him. He is not necessarily constructing the most important roads.
For goodness sake, go to Sokori and see the overhead bridge there. People, even old women don't use it because there is no serious traffic on the six-lane expressway below.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Olugbenger(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2013
Amosun is working, fine. But he needs to do more especially in education, healthcare and housing.

Btw, the state needs a very effective opposition regards the media to ensure the right things are done.

smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce "Mistakenly" Bombs Nigerian Army Barracks? / Ayegun: Dilemma Of A Community In Oyo State. / Avoid Mummy B Road Off Stadium Road If You Are In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.