Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Thread For Ogun State People - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread For Ogun State People (3637 Views)

Amosun Is APC Governorship Candidate For Ogun State / Over 100 Building Demolish For Ogun Road Project / Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by edababa007(m): 10:59am On Dec 28, 2013
LIFE...if u do, problem. If you no do, bigger problem. How can we satisfy you I knw for sure that some pple are natural saddist. They will never see anything good In what others are doing.. For once, Ogun state is now looking like a state habited by pple with sound mind and good judgement while Abeokuta is now looking like a true state capital. If past administration had focused their attention on infrastructural development, amosun would have channed his development to other sector. Bt alas ur ogd went asleep just 2years into his 8yrs tenure. For 6years he did nothing. Pls give amosun time to work. Let us dream for a state that will be comparable to texas, newyork and not the same mud houses that has been built 500yrs ago
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Olugbenger(m): 11:25am On Dec 28, 2013
edababa007: LIFE...if u do, problem. If you no do, bigger problem. How can we satisfy you I knw for sure that some pple are natural saddist. They will never see anything good In what others are doing.. For once, Ogun state is now looking like a state habited by pple with sound mind and good judgement while Abeokuta is now looking like a true state capital. If past administration had focused their attention on infrastructural development, amosun would have channed his development to other sector. Bt alas ur ogd went asleep just 2years into his 8yrs tenure. For 6years he did nothing. Pls give amosun time to work. Let us dream for a state that will be comparable to texas, newyork and not the same mud houses that has been built 500yrs ago

Bro, i don't think you understand what we are discussing. We aren't denying the issue of him working.

Can't we demand more and encourage him?

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 28, 2013
I like how u people debate.no abuse or insults.just explanation.
back to the topic,I understand wat u pple are saying.
amosun has a plan for ogun state.it his a gradual step and it takes time.dubai wasn't built in a day.
u may be right abt using his project to gather support but wat cn we do.
the hardest and expensive part of his job his wat he is doing.he isn't going to contine building bridge everyday.
let's think about the future.this construction would be done either now or later
anything what doing at all,is worth doing well.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by mogentle(m): 11:42am On Dec 28, 2013
Olugbenger:

Bro, i don't think you understand what we are discussing. We aren't denying the issue of him working.

Bros, how are you encouraging? where were you guys during the 8 years of OGD? So you want such substandard works that he did. How much has the almighty EFCC been able to get back from him? Amosun can choose to give you four lanes and quote the cost of 8 lanes, can you query him? Never!!! Ogun State is developing, road construction is one of the strategies for good commercial development, give him time. This is 2years plus government and you are this pessimistic. I ask again, where was this your voice in the days of OGD that left nothing to behold or point at as 8 years achievement despite 87billion naira debt?
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by mogentle(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2013
Olugbenger:

how are you encouraging him sir? You are all bunch of pessimists. I don't blame people like OGD, he gave you what fits you, substandard works, siphoned your treasury through OGROMA that built all the roads that expired with his tenure. Ogun State deserves the best and that is what Amosun is giving.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by LibertyRep: 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
234GT: Amosun came in and sacked people who were employed through due process. Nobody is talking about these set of disengaged workers again.
He did a shabby recruitment and brought in his party faithfuls. How many people has he employed self. This was someone who said he would employ 10,000 youths in the first 100 days in office.
As regards road construction, methinks he is constructing roads in places where people will see his works and praise him. He is not necessarily constructing the most important roads.
For goodness sake, go to Sokori and see the overhead bridge there. People, even old women don't use it because there is no serious traffic on the six-lane expressway below.

The issue of d 2000 disengaged workers is a very low point for ds administration. It portrays the govt as a very vindictive and highly vengeful.

Unless those people are rightly sorted out, I see this case coming back to hunt the govt later on.
It still baffles me how a govt could disengage workers after working for close to 3 months without a kobo only to replace them with more than 6000 new hands few months - thats wickedness!

The recruitment process that brought the 2000 workers on board was even transparent enough, interviews, both written and oral were conducted unlike the shady and shoddy one done by the present govt .
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Olugbenger(m): 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
mogentle:

Bros, how are you encouraging? where were you guys during the 8 years of OGD? So you want such substandard works that he did. How much has the almighty EFCC been able to get back from him? Amosun can choose to give you four lanes and quote the cost of 8 lanes, can you query him? Never!!! Ogun State is developing, road construction is one of the strategies for good commercial development, give him time. This is 2years plus government and you are this pessimistic. I ask again, where was this your voice in the days of OGD that left nothing to behold or point at as 8 years achievement despite 87billion naira debt?

Bro, you are not being objective. I appreciate the good works done by Amosun and i believe he would do better.
You are only regurgitating known facts and giving credence to popular opinions. We are trying to relate the issues on ground now for the benefit of the state.

BTW, I'm from Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Olugbenger(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
mogentle:
how are you encouraging him sir? You are all bunch of pessimists. I don't blame people like OGD, he gave you what fits you, substandard works, siphoned your treasury through OGROMA that built all the roads that expired with his tenure. Ogun State deserves the best and that is what Amosun is giving.

Oga, Pls what are you saying?

Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
many people see amosun as a saint. the state IGR was 23billion and 11billion was given to consultant company that helps in collection of d IGR. is that percentage not too much?
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Olugbenger(m): 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
kushy: many people see amosun as a saint. the state IGR was 23billion and 11billion was given to consultant company that helps in collection of d IGR. is that percentage not too much?

This is more like it.

We demand transparency. angry

We deserve better.
grin
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
we are overwhelm with the construction projects, we do nt ask questions anymore.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by 234GT(m): 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
@ Libertyrep, you are so on point. 3 months no be beans. A lot of people were borrowing money to transport themselves to work, hoping they would pay back their debts with their 3 months pay! It shows that Amosun has neither empathy nor human feelings.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by mogentle(m): 11:51am On Dec 29, 2013
@Kushy, 234GT, & Olugbenger. ...same voice, different IDS.
Your aim of running this thread is obvious going by your stylish way of bad mouthing Amosun's laudable projects. But take note, your goal will never be achieved.
You forgot to mention how the security challenges of the state was adressed perfectly.Your OGD in his days empowered the state youths with guns, cultists became the controllers everywhere. Now, Banks can operate freely with heavy presence of Armoured Personnel Carriers everywhere. When last did you hear that banks are robbed? Have you seen the model schools being built in most of the local governments? You can't see those things Co's you are only out to criticise. We are watching and relating your comments, keep the bad mouthing coming.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by mogentle(m): 12:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
234GT: @ Libertyrep, you are so on point. 3 months no be beans. A lot of people were borrowing money to transport themselves to work, hoping they would pay back their debts with their 3 months pay! It shows that Amosun has neither empathy nor human feelings.

Young man,why don't you grow up. Since when did this happen? Why did OGD waited till PDP lost election before he started his kangaroo recruitment? Was it not to cause trouble for the incoming govt? Whether you like it or not, every govt will be ready to score political points, So Amosun has his promises of job provision to fulfill. Do you still have more in your dustbin?
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by mogentle(m): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
kushy: many people see amosun as a saint. the state IGR was 23billion and 11billion was given to consultant company that helps in collection of d IGR. is that percentage not too much?

Only the gullibles will swallow this cheap unsubstantiatable lie.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by LibertyRep: 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
mogentle: @Kushy, 234GT, & Olugbenger. ...same voice, different IDS.
Your aim of running this thread is obvious going by your stylish way of bad mouthing Amosun's laudable projects. But take note, your goal will never be achieved.
You forgot to mention how the security challenges of the state was adressed perfectly.Your OGD in his days empowered the state youths with guns, cultists became the controllers everywhere. Now, Banks can operate freely with heavy presence of Armoured Personnel Carriers everywhere. When last did you hear that banks are robbed? Have you seen the model schools being built in most of the local governments? You can't see those things Co's you are only out to criticise. We are watching and relating your comments, keep the bad mouthing coming.

You see, the moment you begin to see every critics of Amosun as OGD 'boys', then you begin to miss it. I know of countless number of people who dislikes OGD with passion and yet will not stop criticising SIA whenever he errs. That to me, is the best way to keep these elected officials on their feet and make them work harder instead of singing their praises all the time and make them complacent. Afterall, they are being paid hugely from our common wealth.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by LibertyRep: 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
mogentle:

Young man,why don't you grow up. Since when did this happen? Why did OGD waited till PDP lost election before he started his kangaroo recruitment? Was it not to cause trouble for the incoming govt? Whether you like it or not, every govt will be ready to score political points, So Amosun has his promises of job provision to fulfill. Do you still have more in your dustbin?

I know someone wil stil bring this sentiment into the issue of the disengaged workers. While it is true that OGD did the recruitment at the twilight of his administration but remember he was the sitting governor then and there is no law restrainin a govenor from recruiting anytime the vacancies arise.
Please in all sincerity, politics apart, which of the two recruitment exercises looked credible to you?

I wonder why you seems to forget easily that Osoba did the same recruitment while leaving office and they were not disengaged by OGD when he took over. You see, it takes the ingenuity of an administrator to be able to identify the trap set for him by his predecessor and try as much as possible to avoid it. Amosun do not seem to posses such quality.

Please be sincere, if you were among those recruited after long search for work, wil you decline such offer?

My brother, if truly those 2000 workers wil pose any threat to the new administration(financialy), what logic does it now make that about 3 months after their disengagement, more than 6000 new hands were recruited, haba! That's wickedness!

See, I expect everyone to help condemn this inhumane treatment because we can never tell whose turn it will be next. Are you also aware that they were not paid a kobo throughout their 3months in service?

Ponder about these bro and reconsider your stand. Thank
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Olugbenger(m): 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
mogentle: @Kushy, 234GT, & Olugbenger. ...same voice, different IDS.

Stop being paranoid. What exactly are you even saying? undecided
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by mogentle(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
Olugbenger:

Stop being paranoid. What exactly are you even saying? undecided

Need a dictionary?
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Olugbenger(m): 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
mogentle:

Need a dictionary?

Bro, we are not brawling.

grin
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by edababa007(m): 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
Olugbenger:

I do agree with your observations. There must be checks and balance. We must also give kudos when a good job is done and give knocks when govt is doing below expectations... Long live ogun state, Long live Nigeria.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Olugbenger(m): 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
edababa007:

I do agree with your observations. There must be checks and balance. We must also give kudos when a good job is done and give knocks when govt is doing below expectations... Long live ogun state, Long live Nigeria.
Exactly, my brother. smiley
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 10:09am On Jan 02, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2014
Governor AMOSUN suspend all the councillors of ipokia local government.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
APC leaders clash yesterday at their state secretariat over d appointment of new excos
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by oderemo(m): 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
i wonder when will he get rid of the chairman of Remo north local govt , cant see any development round here either.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Awa omo ogun rere, let discuss the latest decamping in our dear state. Is there anybody with reliable information?
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by kushy(m): 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
Many people that wish Amosun to return doesnt have voters card. Pls let us show that we realy have power to return him or to vote him out by uploading our voters cards. Here is my own
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
kushy:
Many people that wish Amosun to return doesnt have voters card. Pls let us show that we realy have power to return him or to vote him out by uploading our voters cards. Here is my own
I will advice you to remove your ID card pix....Thanks.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by Gbawe: 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
kushy:
@simpleseyi, sincerely speaking ogun state has now have a new look infrastructurally. Amosun is realy trying in dat aspect.

Completely true.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by hardywaltz(m): 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
If this thread was about a state in the Southeast u all would have jumped on it and derailed it but see how the matured and eva tolerant Igbos have left ur thread in peace for u guys to discuss.
I hope you guys can replicate the same gesture.
Re: Thread For Ogun State People by akoaki(m): 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
My problem is the noise from worship centers, mosques and churches. This menace is driving my household crazy and no one seems to have a solution, not even the so called community development association, the police or the health officials,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Supporters Begging For Corn / What May Happen Should Buhari Doesn't Come Back. / I Stopped A PDP Presidl Aspirant From Taking Over The Entire Hotels In PH - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.