Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! (1205 Views)

Nigerians Blast APC For Sneaking Buhari Into Nigeria At Night / Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State / Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by Swaginton(m): 8:02am On Dec 24, 2013
Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida,
Obasanjo, Others! Says It Is Clear They Only Want
Power
Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, Sunday, lashed out
angrily at the patron-shopping strategy of the
opposition All Progressives Congress, APC,
suggesting that the strategy lacked moral focus,
and had the feel of political prostitution.
In a short email message, the professor of
literature said he was triggered by media reports
indicating that an “APC-led group …has been
paying courtesy visits to former Heads of States,”
prompting him to ask if the party had thought it
through what disaster this would mean for the
nation.
Mr. Soyinka said the media report that stirred him
to respond to the APC had these words: “Tinubu
added that the APC had resolved to rescue
Nigeria, appealing to Obasanjo to lead the
mission. We’re resolved and determined to rescue
Nigeria. We want you as navigator”.
He then asked if the APC was truly comfortable
that this represented its core principles.
“Would it be correct to state that their purpose is
captured in the following Mission Statement?” he
queried, suggesting that an impending political
disaster loomed before the nation, with grave
humanitarian consequence.
“If this attribution is correct, may I urge you, as
an urgent public service, to advise families to
begin the stockpiling of life-belts for the
guaranteed crash.
“Don’t forget to alert the coastguards – Ecowas,
AU, UNO etc etc – to be on the alert for possible
salvage operations.”
Mr. Soyinka then hinted at the moral opportunism
of the patron-shopping strategy by asking: “By
the way, If General Sani Abacha were alive today,
would he also have been on the ship’s
complement? As Captain perhaps?”
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, Mr. Femi
Falana also has this to say;
“I understand that one of the retired generals is
going to become the chair of the Board of
Trustees of the APC! This is a case of alienation
from the people. How can APC leaders believe
that Nigerians want Generals Obasanjo and
Babangida to be rehabilitated after destroying the
country?
“The duo ruled for 20 years and ruined the
country in the process. General Obasanjo has just
confessed that he has been installing
incompetent leadership since 1979. And he is not
ashamed to make that provocative disclosure.
Has he offered public apology for his maxima
culpa before wooing him?
“The situation is not different in a number of
states and local council areas where the new PDP
is busy taking over all the structures of the APC.
Since the APC is positioning itself to retain the
status quo it cannot become a truly progressive
party.”
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/151934-soyinka-blasts-apc-leaders-over-invitation-to-babangida-obasanjo-others.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=soyinka-blasts-apc-leaders-over-invitation-to-babangida-obasanjo-others

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by chibikeval: 8:04am On Dec 24, 2013
Gud... APC involving 'BABA' (confused decietful gossip...) in dere 'affairs' means dey ve lost d RACE olrdy. 'DEY' neva see anytin... #bonjour
Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by Afam4eva(m): 8:05am On Dec 24, 2013
Thank God these people are seeing through the hypocrisy that is APC. I can't fathom why a party that describes itself as the change that Nigweria is looking for will be going to hobnob with Nigeria;s vomit of yesteryears. The PDP i know is better than the APC that i don't know. APC is clearly not the alternative that we're looking for.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by pesty100(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2013
and pdp is not the same thing we should keeping on going for....... Because the person that commits the same mistakes too many times is certainly a foo.ol

1 Like

Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by jamace(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2013
APC is a desperado party. APC doesn't even know that Nigerians hate those old looters with a passion.

Nigerians know their enemies.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by pesty100(m): 8:22am On Dec 24, 2013
i think what apc is trying to do is to woo the rich guys in pdp that can sponsor thugs for pdp to sponsor thugs for them (apc)

1 Like

Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 24, 2013
419ers. The story will never change
Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by vislabraye(m): 8:40am On Dec 24, 2013
Where are all the APC supporters. Nigerians will continue to support GEJ, not because he's perfect but because they don't like APC alliance.
It's so clear that all they are after is power. How can the so call progressive ally themselves with criminals ? Something is amiss.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 24, 2013
- By their fruits, you shall know them.

- Show me your friends, and I will tell you who you are.

The criminal network that tainted PDP are getting uncomfortable in the rejuvenated PDP and moving to the area of higher concentration called APC. This Entropy is a good thing for Nigeria and Nigerians, because Gods in their infinite wisdom has forced the Boko Haram Sympathizers, the drug peddling fraudsters, the contract killers and careerless politicians of military background into one conglomerate - Alliance of Perpetual Criminals(APC).

GEJ, the first "Ordinary" Nigerian to become President, has without a gun-shot forced satanists to give way to BREATH OF FRESH AIR in Nigeria.

Let's support this son of Fisherman, from the family of canoe-makers, who had no shoes. He understands our pain, he has no home abroad, he loves his family and showcases them, he is one of us. GEJ belongs to 99%, that's why he is hunted by the 1% Oligarchs.

We love GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by 1stola: 9:13am On Dec 24, 2013
Am loosing my appetite for APC already angry
Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by drnoel: 11:03am On Dec 24, 2013
pesty100: i think what apc is trying to do is to woo the rich guys in pdp that can sponsor thugs for pdp to sponsor thugs for them (apc)
whatever their doing or reason is, it is going to be their ondoing
Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by EzePromoe: 11:42am On Dec 24, 2013
APC goons think that all these archaic system of politics is still prevalent in this generation. We are more informed than before!
Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
Its very clear that APC will struggle to remain,its just a matter of time.
Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by tosin2013: 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
Yes APC are raising ques about the morality of visiting dense generals but rem DAT sumtims u av to "stoop to conquer".

Tinubu is a master political strategist who knows aw to manipulate even dese generals. if u think a buhari or tinubu av suddenly found luv for obj then u are watching comedy grin.

APC know what it takes to regain power n are ready to do it.!! They are no saints we really need a change in central power in this country. It will spur PDP n d masses will benefit...
Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by Rhemar(m): 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
d problem I av wt d APC is d evident desperacy at having a grip on power thus making them to take odious steps; what difference 'll it make if d party becomes constituted by rogues nd murderers such as Obj
Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by tomakint: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
Jejely na so Jonathan go dey look dem so tey dem go scatter themselves, "APC to salvage Nigeria from Corruption" Tinubu and his foot soldiers should go and tell that to the marines undecided

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by jamace(m): 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
1st ola: Am loosing my appetite for APC already angry
I did not have any appetite for APC at all because it is the same looters changing position.
Re: Soyinka, Falana Blast APC For Visiting Babangida, Obasanjo, Others! by jamace(m): 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2014
cool

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter/reply To Gov. Amaechi Regarding His Utterance On AIT. / No Administration Has Done Better Than Mine- Jonathan / Boko Haram Takes Over Borno Communities, Ambush Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.