Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? (8269 Views)

Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? / Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? by baralatie(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
@chilli
topic was going wit those explaining that the basis of fear(due to a failed relationship & perception of men) as a bed rock for being a single mom is not a gud enof reason!
Op mentioned widows and divorcee as her examples.
The issues i raised where what these women go thro no women should go thro them.
Mgeketoto contributed her opinion.i quoted her and she replied positively twice.

But everytin changed wen kanwulia posted very strong language insulting,abusive the words are out of line towards tintinz parents.
Re: Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? by baralatie(m): 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mgbeketoto as said in a bid to calm tension that she does not like to be quoted.
To this i av apologised three(3) times.
I am stil appealing for her to calm down.
Re: Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
mukina won't it be better to just lock the thread
Re: Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? by baralatie(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
There must surely be a triga connection about this topic!

What is it about be a single mom dat must av evoked such lang.

If any1 who understand proffesional please an imput wil be gratly apreciated.
Re: Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
baralatie: @chilli
topic was going wit those explaining that the basis of fear(due to a failed relationship & perception of men) as a bed rock for being a single mom is not a gud enof reason!
Op mentioned widows and divorcee as her examples.
The issues i raised where what these women go thro no women should go thro them.
Mgeketoto contributed her opinion.i quoted her and she replied positively twice.

But everytin changed wen kanwulia posted very strong language insulting,abusive the words are out of line towards tintinz parents.

baralatie: There must surely be a triga connection about this topic!

What is it about be a single mom dat must av evoked such lang.

If any1 who understand proffesional please an imput wil be gratly apreciated.

I had to read your post two times before I could understand what you are saying. Why the abbreviations undecided.
Anyway, The thread is dead, stop calling me here. I got no attachment for dead things/beings. Thank you!
*unfollows thread*
Re: Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? by baralatie(m): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Okay!
Re: Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? by EfemenaXY: 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
kennygee: For some women, relationships are tedious, painful and heartbreaking. Whether you believe it or not, there are beautiful, God fearing, well mannered and cultured women who just don't have the luck of meeting good Men. Some ladies have to put up with the fact that some Men won't want anything to do with them once the "no sex before marriage" rule comes up. They are caught between spirituality and attachment.

As a result of this, is Single motherhood an option? Is it possible to fill up the Vacuum with motherhood either by adoption, IVF or any other means? Some women in this situations maybe like "lemme just have a child or two kid and spend my life taking care of them instead of putting up with the pain of heartbreak and hurt from a man". The pressure from Family makes it worse with comments like "you are not getting any younger", "when are you bringing home your boyfriend", "early marriage is the best", your family expects this because you are a beautiful, God fearing well mannered and cultured woman so therefore, you are a big catch for guys. But they are wrong about this, being all of these is not just enough, there are still wolves out there making it hard to have a decent man, talk more of a "fiance".
Is it crazy to want to be a single mother ,what are we to make of this?

I think it's more realistic to say the reason many or most of these ladies find themselves as single mothers are mostly circumstantial such as:

~ Loss of a spouse through death
~ Divorce
~ Not yet found Mr Right.

I doubt many will actively aim to be a single mum just for the fun of it - however, there are some who feel they'd rather have the kid and don't have the time nor even want the man in their lives.

So it's more circumstantial and less choice (for the Nigerian setting anyway).
Re: Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? by RoyalRoy(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
This thread has outlived its usefulness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12)

Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage / P / I Had Sex With My Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.