Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,531 members, 7,837,031 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

"Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" (25518 Views)

Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah Press Statement Towards Eliminating Fuel Queues Nationwide / Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria / UPS Courier: My Frustrating Disappointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by donklint86: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2013
Enugu cue na something else..
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Gabrielsylar(m): 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pple don't know how to plan yeye
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Leemak: 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2013
We are just reading theories in Universities, polytechnics, colleges and secondary schools as students but when it comes to practical aspect of it we forget what we have learnt......Though part of those people on d queues might be science and humanities related graduates or undergraduates but what about the management graduates and undergradustes that have been taught three reasons for holding money,that is reasons for keeping money, which include Transactionary motive, Pre-cautionary motive and Speculative motive. So seeing all these people that have knowledge about this is worrisome.
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by korebobo(m): 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
Likewise all the banks along airport road except keystone bank! The best thing to do is to try the less popular banks or ATMs @ non-banking spots!
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by korebobo(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Leemak: We are just reading theories in Universities, polytechnics, colleges and secondary schools as students but when it comes to practical aspect of it we forget what we have learnt......Though part of those people on d queues might be science and humanities related graduates or undergraduates but what about the management graduates and undergradustes that have been taught three reasons for holding money,that is reasons for keeping money, which include Transactionary motive, Pre-cautionary motive and Speculative motive. So seeing all these people that have knowledge about this is worrisome.
What are we saying, what is this 1 saying
Leemak: We are just reading theories in Universities, polytechnics, colleges and secondary schools as students but when it comes to practical aspect of it we forget what we have learnt......Though part of those people on d queues might be science and humanities related graduates or undergraduates but what about the management graduates and undergradustes that have been taught three reasons for holding money,that is reasons for keeping money, which include Transactionary motive, Pre-cautionary motive and Speculative motive. So seeing all these people that have knowledge about this is worrisome.
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by nopecin(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
What are dey using the money for if dey wanna buy somtin dey should swip there cards shikena...
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by hammedkola(m): 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
korebobo:

I doubt this guy is okay....we are talking money, you are talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Naijamericana: 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
Symptom of a chronic problem in Africa...lack of infrastructure
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by gp6liveth(m): 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
Its all over the nation my people. I was on such queue today. I could not bear it so I have to transport myself to area where there is less congestion.

Its all about festivities so everyone wants to be loaded purse/pocket-wise
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2013
donklint86: Enugu cue na something else..

You mean queue?

1 Like

Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
korebobo: Likewise all the banks along airport road except keystone bank! The best thing to do is to try the less popular banks or ATMs @ non-banking spots!

Your card might be swallowed and retrieval might be after 48hours. Reason: Head office staff in Victoria Island needs to help access the ATM.
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
nopecin: What are dey using the money for if dey wanna buy somtin dey should swip there cards shikena...

You mean swipe?
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
gp6liveth: Its all over the nation my people. I was on such queue today. I could not bear it so I have to transport myself to area where there is less congestion.

In your first sentence, you can edit to read, 'It's all over the nation. I was on such queue today. I could not bear it so I had to locate another area of the town with less congestion'.
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Is all over Nigeria, I now go to the atm around 10PM to avoid all this long lines
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
gboss4sure: Is all over Nigeria, I now go to the atm around 10PM to avoid all this long lines

You mean ....to avoid all these long lines?
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by hammedkola(m): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
Keneking:

You mean ...visited?

Keneking:

You mean queue?

Keneking:

Your card might be swallowed and retrieval might be after 48hours. Reason: Head office staff in Victoria Island needs to help access the ATM.

Keneking:

You mean swipe?

Keneking:

In your first sentence, you can edit to read, 'It's all over the nation. I was on such queue today. I could not bear it so I had to locate another area of the town with less congestion'.

Keneking:

You mean ....to avoid all these long lines?

This man is just taking note of the grammatical errors in every comment, well I guess he is vying for the post of chief whip on Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by davide470(m): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
When I saw the queue at the ATM in my vicinity (monstrous), I calmly entered the bank and withdrew though "Fast-track"..
(Charge of N105 though)

I Love My savvy bank: GTB.
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Charbless(m): 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
Wetin u bin expect. Abi, if u no chop Chicken, u go die?
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by jude33084(m): 9:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
grin
stan4b: No b who get money dey go withdraw!!!!!!!!
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Undabridge(m): 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
Same tin happened to me yesterday at Sango,all the banks had a very long queue as if dey all planned it.I realli suffered before it got to my turn.I was withdrawing much money dat lead to people asking me to make it snappy.I didn't even look at their faces at all.
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Lawalemi(m): 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
deeptech_cool: You all should visit banks in Ota, only then u w know the difference between GO SLOW and HOLD UP

O boy, so u stay in Ota? Sango First Bank was bad gaan
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by kenx1(m): 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
F-- skye bank
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by auskenfine(m): 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
Honestly over-population in Nigeria is really underrated. Few facilities for too many people. I vouch we have no thinking govt. Abeg make I go sleep.

2 Likes

Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by auskenfine(m): 11:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
Quoting myself...must we hustle for everything? Na wa for Naija o. Imagine an incident that baffled me recently in Cannanland when we came for Shiloh 2013. A 50 seater bus landed empty and there were about just below 15 people around. Funny that all those Naija based people started rushing and pushing to get in and we were like... what a mess! This has really gotten into their blood? I stay in Lome Togo and I tell you people value life here.
auskenfine: Honestly over-population in Nigeria is really underrated. Few facilities for too many people. I vouch we have no thinking govt. Abeg make I go sleep.
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Naijamericana: 11:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
gp6liveth: Its all over the nation my people. I was on such queue today. I could not bear it so I have to transport myself to area where there is less congestion.

Why can't they install more ATMs?
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by dabossman(m): 12:37am On Dec 25, 2013
Thanks to cashless transactions. I saw several of these crazy queues this morning as I tried to get some cash to go shopping with my babe. I just drove on straight to the shopping mall, picked all the items I wanted and paid with the POS machine. Even hospitals, filling stations and churches now have POS.
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Ninilowo(m): 1:06am On Dec 25, 2013
deeptech_cool: You all should visit banks in Ota, only then u w know the difference between GO SLOW and HOLD UP
Walahi your head dey dere! It was only better at Zenit bank at Adalemo. Thatz where I got my cash.
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by ndubisik(m): 2:27am On Dec 25, 2013
The amount some people end up withdrawing at the end of all the wait will even surprise you..
Naija we hail thee

1 Like

Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by NobleG1(m): 3:08am On Dec 25, 2013
This can only happen in Nigeria. A messed country.

President Ade: It was fun sha,,i met a Very nice girl there !

She may have been nice to you after seeing the cash you withdrew.
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by agaba(m): 3:58am On Dec 25, 2013
Guys go cashless and save urself d stress
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by Pokemon43(f): 5:58am On Dec 25, 2013
Na wa oooo
Re: "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" by ibkgab001: 6:20am On Dec 25, 2013
Cashless Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Hits ₦550 To A Dollar, EFCC Warns Banks Against FOREX Fraud / GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan / COVID-19 Funds Scam: Lady's BVN Used In Collecting Nirsal Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.