Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

A Special Message From The Minister Of Works - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Special Message From The Minister Of Works (14334 Views)

Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? / Aregbesola Celebrates Eid-el Fitr With Osun People In A Special Way (photos) / Fani-kayode Celebrates Girlfriend's Birthday In A Special Way (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Sobrit(m): 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
gregg2: Front page pls moderators.
Let Nigerians give feedback to minister of works.

I travel a lot by road because of the nature of my work. The truth is, the entire country is a huge construction site when it comes to Federal Highways reconstruction. I am currently in North Central Nigeria for the Xmas having visited parts of South East and South South. The Calabar - Itu - Ikot Ekpene - Aba road as well as the Onitsha - Enugu highways need very urgent attention.

I commend the Jonathan led govt on the quality of work done on the Ezamgbo - Abakaliki - Ikom - Cameroon international route. That is how Nigerian roads should look like.
We are making progress.

God bless GEJ.

God bless Nigeria
the road is of good quality though and we give kudos to GEJ but that road deserve dualization given the heavy traffic especially heavy duty trucks moving crushed granites to different parts of the country from Abakaliki and the international traffick linking cameroon thrugh calabar
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by anonimi: 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
So-brit:

the road is of good quality though and we give kudos to GEJ but that road deserve dualization given the heavy traffic especially heavy duty trucks moving crushed granites to different parts of the country from Abakaliki and the international traffick linking cameroon thrugh calabar

Don't you think the bold part is better addressed by alternative transport modes such as railways and waterways?
Is there any work been done on these two alternatives for that area

1 Like

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by anonimi: 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
gregg2: APC propagandist will be looking for a way to pull this man down in thier desperate attempt to pull down all hard working ministers in GEJ's cabinet.

First, it was Alison Madueke, then Arumah Oteh, later Okonjo-Iweala, and again Stella Oduah. But God will see all of them through, Amen.

Na true you talk oh.
You forgot to add Adesina's name also. He is the Agric Minister who was recognised as Forbes Africa Person of the Year recently.
Make we wait maybe small time now SaharaReporters go carry another "scandal" story to harass and intimidate this Minister also angry

8 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Bolurx(m): 10:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
I love that man!

1 Like

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by rodeo0070(m): 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
johnmartus: hmmm election is approaching don't campaign for Jonathan now talk is cheap is only road construction that your ministry' is after?what about jebba ilorin express way?what about ajaokuta steel company are you blind you don't know the next thing to do?we you response if I email you what about letters you have been resive from state government traditional rulars what step are you taken ?

Hian!!!

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
Donalð Genes:

The North already have good roads,so He should pay more attention to south East and south-south

Even the south-west do have reasonable high number of good roads,talking about places where I served my NYsc like Saki west and saki east-Those quys got motorable roads dyee

that's in Oyo state. And those roads you mention are state roads. They are nice and clean!
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
We should all endeavour to always learn on how appreciate in all that's good,...God bless u all and merry Xmas in an advance

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by TechWalker007: 11:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
As one who believes in this administration and have high hopes, I must say this is a great idea but took too long.
As the saying goes, "better late than never".

Also, why use gmail, don't they have official mail servers? A ".gov.ng", ".com.ng" or simply ".ng". These will help promote Nigerian brand.

It's a great idea and I think every minister/ministry should emulate and get in touch with the people "directly".

We need to build Nigeria together, it's what we owe the Nation (except we no longer want to be together).

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by apasico(m): 12:22am On Dec 26, 2013
sonoble: This should be on the front page please. Mr. Minister, i hope you are not sidelining Federal Roads in Port Harcourt

Rivers State has only two Federal roads, Aba road and east west road. Aba road is okay, east west road is bad and it has been awarded and the contractors will soon get to Rivers State part. GEJ is really working, let's give him more time.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by segnys007(m): 2:45am On Dec 26, 2013
gregg2: APC propagandist will be looking for a way to pull this man down in thier desperate attempt to pull down all hard working ministers in GEJ's cabinet.

First, it was Alison Madueke, then Arumah Oteh, later Okonjo-Iweala, and again Stella Oduah. But God will see all of them through, Amen.
then by your comment you are a pdp propagandist yourself! obviously, you think it is a sin to criticize your ministers, irrespective of their actions. You think Stella Oduah Should be given an award for spending the money she did NOT hhave the Power to spend? ?
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Nobody: 3:25am On Dec 26, 2013
patriotic007: The minister did not ask you to monitor it for him,...he only asked you as the road user to comment,suggest,complain,and report observations to his email,...Its just like a customer care lines in the telecom industries,....Am an Engineer too and Engineers know how to read and comprehend English,...merry xmas
Apparently some don't know how to write English replacing "I'm" for "Am"
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by lastpage: 3:41am On Dec 26, 2013
I can understand Propaganda but this type of "cheapay" PROPAGANDA is really nauseating!

So its now you just remember to create Email?
Maybe you yourself dont have eyes and you cant use your brain to see the bad roads all over the place!

Well, l know this has nothing to do with the useless Minister, just one of the "hungry boyz" trying to justify their small pay! wink wink

So every issue now is all about PDP Vs. APC? Serious Eediots.

Anyway, chop-i-chop nor be today e start.

Mtchew!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by gregg2: 5:47am On Dec 26, 2013
lastpage: I can understand Propaganda but this type of "cheapay" PROPAGANDA is really nauseating!

So its now you just remember to create Email?
Maybe you yourself dont have eyes and you cant use your brain to see the bad roads all over the place!

Well, l know this has nothing to do with the useless Minister, just one of the "hungry boyz" trying to justify their small pay! wink wink

So every issue now is all about PDP Vs. APC? Serious Eediots.

Anyway, chop-i-chop nor be today e start.

Mtchew!

Lastpage!
[size=16pt]
My friend, this is the best time to get feedback from road users nationwide because this is the season people travel most. Mention which federal roads are bad or just shut up that stinking mouth.[/size]

6 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by anonimi: 6:00am On Dec 26, 2013
Akinmail:

that's in Oyo state. And those roads you mention are state roads. They are nice and clean!
Given that Ajimobi has been governor for only two years plus, can you confirm if those roads were rehabilitated/maintained by Mr. I-nor-dey-bleach Alao Akala
Thanks.
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by anonimi: 6:10am On Dec 26, 2013
TechWalker007: As one who believes in this administration and have high hopes, I must say this is a great idea but took too long.
As the saying goes, "better late than never".

Also, why use gmail, don't they have official mail servers? A ".gov.ng", ".com.ng" or simply ".ng". These will help promote Nigerian brand.

It's a great idea and I think every minister/ministry should emulate and get in touch with the people "directly".

We need to build Nigeria together, it's what we owe the Nation (except we no longer want to be together).

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Very poor taste and shows a certain level of carelessness.
How much will it cost to have an OFFICIAL email address hosted on a NIGERIAN government server that is ADEQUATELY maintained
Nor be correct work for dem plenty programmers and webmasters wey full NL so?

Moreover the Minister/Ministry is better off having a dedicated website for his Ministry ending in .gov.ng where FACTS with pictures (of Before & After) are shared about completed and ongoing projects with feedback/contact us page that is monitored with a response time of maximum 48 hours.
Oyinbo people dem nor carry juju for head, biko grin
Na sey dem dey well organised and think things through with focus and consistency!!!

I believe Obama had a similar website in his 2007/2008 campaign to counter the rumours, propaganda and outright lies of his many detractors. It is however VERY IMPORTANT to make it absolutely factual to avoid any further embarrassment by the opposition hawks who will not hesitate to pounce on any INACCURACY that may be placed on the Ministry's website.

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Ngokafor(f): 7:05am On Dec 26, 2013
redcliff:

doesnt mean he cant so anything if he wants to.... LASG has ignored it for more than 20 years. Isnt it better We go to a higher authority?

Lmao!...
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by mhsanni(f): 7:22am On Dec 26, 2013
Sagamu - Ikorodu road
Ijebu Ode - Epe road
Ikorodu - Epe road

from my recent experience on those roads, THEY ARE DEATH TRAPS.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by mu2sa2: 8:01am On Dec 26, 2013
anonimi:

Are you joking or are you talking seriously
How many kilometres of FEDERAL roads do you think there are in this country?
How many directors of companies go through ALL the DETAILS of their divisions in order to have a feel of what is bad about them
If there are no bad FEDERAL roads in your area to report via the email provided you should NOT discourage others with your one kind post above so.
If the minister cannot use his staff including field officers in nearly all states to identify the bad roads, let him resign so that a competent person may be appointed to get things done.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by TechWalker007: 8:49am On Dec 26, 2013
mu2sa2: If the minister cannot use his staff including field officers in nearly all states to identify the bad roads, let him resign so that a competent person may be appointed to get things done.

Musa, go attend to your flock, please. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by TechWalker007: 8:50am On Dec 26, 2013
anonimi:

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Very poor taste and shows a certain level of carelessness.
How much will it cost to have an OFFICIAL email address hosted on a NIGERIAN government server that is ADEQUATELY maintained
Nor be correct work for dem plenty programmers and webmasters wey full NL so?

Moreover the Minister/Ministry is better off having a dedicated website for his Ministry ending in .gov.ng where FACTS with pictures (of Before & After) are shared about completed and ongoing projects with feedback/contact us page that is monitored with a response time of maximum 48 hours.
Oyinbo people dem nor carry juju for head, biko grin
Na sey dem dey well organised and think things through with focus and consistency!!!

I believe Obama had a similar website in his 2007/2008 campaign to counter the rumours, propaganda and outright lies of his many detractors. It is however VERY IMPORTANT to make it absolutely factual to avoid any further embarrassment by the opposition hawks who will not hesitate to pounce on any INACCURACY that may be placed on the Ministry's website.

You sound well informed in IT and PR.
I understand perfectly the highlighted.
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by jmaine: 9:14am On Dec 26, 2013
anonimi:

Na true you talk oh.
You forgot to add Adesina's name also. He is the Agric Minister who was recognised as Forbes Africa Person of the Year recently.
Make we wait maybe small time now SaharaReporters go carry another "scandal" story to harass and intimidate this Minister also angry

You are a very wise man . .. .
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Kennyfancy(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2013
johnmartus: hmmm election is approaching don't campaign for Jonathan now talk is cheap is only road construction that your ministry' is after?what about jebba ilorin express way?what about ajaokuta steel company are you blind you don't know the next thing to do?we you response if I email you what about letters you have been resive from state government traditional rulars what step are you taken ?
u b mumu oh,,idiout,,,u nor lik better ting,,,,jonathan is d best
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Kennyfancy(m): 9:42am On Dec 26, 2013
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2013
[quote author=IbokUtoroh]y yahoomail no gree open for mobile na........
[/make use of the facebook option if you have one]
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by SQURA(f): 10:54am On Dec 26, 2013
But anybody can open a gmail and claim to be minister of the federal republic of nigeria.and nairaland will put it on fp. RTFLMFAO!
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Joyeux: 11:40am On Dec 26, 2013
People are just plain silly.A minister of works is asking if they are any bad federal road in your area which he has not covered/or the contractor is not working well and some mumu people are playing politics.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by macnwaobi: 11:41am On Dec 26, 2013
Good stuff!
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by themaskedman: 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
dan jalingo: Jalingo - Kona - Lau road in Taraba state has been abandoned by the fake Amitec Global International. please rearward the road and Jonathan will win our vote in 2015, even with APC and Cohdin put together.
That road makes me sick especially between Road Block and Mayo Dasa. My car always dances fuji whenever I‘m on that road. The FG needs to do something seriously asap.
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by bebechuks: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
Mk I go mess.
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by asumaga(m): 10:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hon Minister,I want to say "aude aliquid dignum".I pray the lord; your strength while doing your best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court ruling: Erastus Akingbola’s Properties in Cayman Islands to be sold off / Tension In NASS Over Severance Allowance / FG To Begin Oil Exploration In Northeast, Says Petroleum Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.