Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? (6305 Views)

3 Corps Members In Taraba to repeat Service Year For Misconduct / Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience / NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by storylad(m): 5:36am On Dec 25, 2013
Its a traditional now for corp members not to tracel home for Christmas. If you are one, let's have your reason and experience.
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by yokiti: 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
Travelling over 10 hours just for the yuletide doesnt look attractive to me. When the time to to give the last heart cheers to my state's of deployment chief executive is close by. This discussion can also continue on the existing threads for 2013/ 2014 service year corp members.
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by oluwaju1lo(m): 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
yes i did. Current batch c corp member serving in zamfara.
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by Sermwell(m): 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
Which of the services?? Home service; church service; self service; or NYSC youth service? Please be specific! Tankz

1 Like

Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by DaGC(m): 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
I did. I was a Batch C then and wasn't really settled in yet considering we just came from Camp (November). Was stiill tryna get good accomodation, fittings and furniture, setting up and adjusting etc. I travelled and didn't regret it. kiss
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
Didn't travel. Was home already.
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by jmoore(m): 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
My mom told my bros to stay put till he's done with service. She doesn't want to hear any sad story.

1 Like

Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by Opiosko: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
Current batch c corps member reporting live from home. Resumption date 15 Jan 14. #ToserveNigeriaisNOTbyForce.#

1 Like

Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
Under the sun NOT in the rain

Anyways, I had to leave, there was nothing to keep me

Nothing to do, distance was close, I just needed to be comfy.

1 Like

Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
During my service year, I prolly only went to work for like 2 months.. My office which is a big Federal entity was as useless as .... My boss came to work for only 3 hours a day, so I realized that there was no point my coming at all.. I only ever came to collect my clearance letter and leave.
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by MissIndependent(f): 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
I travelled immediately after December clearance 7th...work neva start now till January. undecided

1 Like

Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by obongtunji: 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
I didn't travel. I served in Calabar, come to think of it, where else in Nigeria can beat the fun in Calabar during Christmas. I had a wonderful time while service lasted......lop
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by ajoskele(m): 3:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
Man never serve..'14A all the way!

2 Likes

Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by ganja06(m): 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
i'm currently serving in kwara. for me i did not travel since i will be passing out in few weeks time, febuary to be precise. I dont want to take the risk of traveling down to east just to spend few days.
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by onyeogalu1(m): 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
Am serving in Sokoto and I didn't travel
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by real2fix(m): 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
i travel hom frm anambra to lagos base on dis reason.1.to pack som of my lougages home b4 pop day cos am batch a passin out by feb
2 i find out dat tfair is 1000 frm anambra to lag
3 i nid to buy new laptop frm slot wit my saved alawee b4 i used it for somtin else at onisha
lastly to celebra wit my family
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by whitemosquito(f): 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
Nope, so did not travel. Just decided to stay back in Lafia, for a lot of reasons tho. Chief of which is that ill have to go home for a wedding in the last wk of january so why rush home now? And guess what? Christmas is making plenty sense here!! All my corp friends who dint travel also agree- the meat and drinks we have been downloading is equal to the one we for get for house!
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by Parkac(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
Christmas is the best time to travel... wouldn't miss it for anything. The long hours of traveling is wort it.
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
If I hear say I no travel. It's just once in a year celebration. Who go sit down for that boring Arochukwu? POP on my mind!
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by payneleex(m): 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
I traveled and I had to come back today for clearance. presently in transit back to Lag.
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by Charbless(m): 5:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
Currently a batch A in Sokoto. Didn't travel cos
1. The journey is too long 22hrs
2. I'll be passing out by feb and
3. I wuldn't wanna Rush into travelling by 1st or 2nd jan in d name of clearance. although I'm miSsing d luv @ home ooh. ThankGod its almost over
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by oyebanji88(m): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
Presently servin in osun so travelin to my hometown is not a problem cos its just 1hour plus to my hometown....I rep kwara state igbomina boi...dem don D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ pay allowee sef chai and I never collect my atm...batch c 2013....
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by HopeAtHand: 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
Yea, travalled home cos most of my corper friends did.

Sincerely, Xmas is just one ordinary day to me.
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
I travelled home o. Reason is my ppa is the most boring place on the face of this earth. I wonder how the indegene enjoy staying there
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by djembapat(m): 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
I have to travel, igboora is a boring place to be in dis xmas period. I serve in oyo state and is just 2hrs to my place so y won't I travel? Na soooo allawee don enta but no ATM yet.
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by Yseone(m): 6:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
If I hear say I no travel.
It's just once in a year
celebration. Who go sit
down for that boring
Arochukwu? POP on my
mind!

WILL U SHARRRAP.....WHICH AROCHUKWU IS BORING? Where d hell ar u from??
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by Eddyspicy(m): 7:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
Currently batch B Coal corper....where else will I enjoy my xmas greatly as compared to my home town? No place like home (UGEP BOY)....Since tuesday nite na enjoyment throughout...Calabar is d bxt place 2 b during xmas!

1 Like

Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by coolestboy(m): 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
Am a batch A corp member serving in Rivers, i didn't travel. The cost of transport and other merriment expenses at home wil b too much compared to staying back here.
Wil go home by february, so y d rush?
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by kixo(m): 9:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
I travelled ooo...am currently a batch A corper, I travelled to Lagos and Benin..Who wants to stay in that land that is devoid of adequate and portable water?
Re: During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? by Jerulo(m): 4:44am On Dec 28, 2013
obongtunji: I didn't travel. I served in Calabar, come to think of it, where else in Nigeria can beat the fun in Calabar during Christmas. I had a wonderful time while service lasted......lop

Presently serving in calabar and yeah I can testify to your statement!!!!! Endless carnival groove! Whoop whoop!!! ┐('⌣'┐) (┌'⌣')┌ ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐┌(˘.˘)ʃ

I didn't go home, just had to stay back

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC Referral Letter Written By A Quack / FG Approves Increase Of NYSC Federal Allowance To N39,000 / NYSC Batch C, NOV/DEC 2009.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.