Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,113 members, 7,953,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:38 PM

Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano (11950 Views)

Buhari Declares Free Higher Education / Kwankwaso To Build Another School In Niger Republic / Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by 9jahubcom(m): 11:53am On Dec 26, 2013
good one
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by ucyoma(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2013
theoctopus: The core North has never had a problem with free education. They have never had a problem of poeple not being able to afford education. What the north has had is apathy for education. The people have very little interest in education. It is a cultural problem ably supported by the ruling elite. When I was in school, every Northerner from the core Northern states were sponsored by their state government and giving everything they needed. But you still wont find them in school. Declaring free education in Kano is meaningless. It means nothing

yes my broda, no be to give free education be koko, na weda our dear northerners will leave dia NAMA (cattle) n their naive young gals will stp marrying at d age of 13 to embrace it

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by theripper3: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2013
Almajiris wont be happy with this development

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by pembisco(m): 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
theoctopus: The core North has never had a problem with free education. They have never had a problem of poeple not being able to afford education. What the north has had is apathy for education. The people have very little interest in education. It is a cultural problem ably supported by the ruling elite. When I was in school, every Northerner from the core Northern states were sponsored by their state government and giving everything they needed. But you still wont find them in school. Declaring free education in Kano is meaningless. It means nothing
whats dis one blabin abt? Northerners dnt go to scl indeed! Yet they produce men nd women of high quality in d contry. Talkin abt prof jibril aminu, sls nd co. Dnt talk wat u dnt knw
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by lafuria1(m): 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
You are wrong. So easy to pass false information knowing folks will just swallow hook line and sinker. Please when last did you pay a visit to the north? I don't understand you southern people you really think the north has not moved on as per education.
Yes in the past the number of Northerners attending schools were nothing to talk about but in past 15years, a lot has changed. My village that had just one primary school now has three primary schools. It's just unfortunate that that there are no stat to show the number of Northerners now in school as compared to the Colonial era which folks like you love referring to I just find it unbelievable that someone as 'educated as you believes Northerners don't go to school.
The reason for d free education is simple, despite the fact that many parents want their children to go to school, due to the number of children, they can't afford to pay their school fees. With the free education, every child in kano now has the opportunity to go school.
If I may ask what do you suggest should be done about the education in North since you know better?

3 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by EyesWideOpen(m): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
Folks speaking of Northerners apathy to education, what the f**k do you smoke?! Aren't you folks in the 21st century yet? Why do y'all keep holding unto tales by moonlight passed down to you by your beaten and bitter ancestors? The North had moved on decades ago, although we may not be advertising it, pls kindly do too, if you still believe the myth of Northerners apathy to western education you are on a long thing.

Keep hating while we keep progressing.

3 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by pembisco(m): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
ucyoma:

yes my broda, no be to give free education be koko, na weda our dear northerners will leave dia NAMA (cattle) n their naive young gals will stp marrying at d age of 13 to embrace it
yeah...nd mayb wen u guys stop kidnapin, formin cults, rituals nd embarasin dis contri with ur drug nd sex trafikin, ur govnors myt declair free education to u too. Ewu congo!

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
Bravo to the governor! The main thing is that he was able to do it. Nothing would have happened if he had chosen not to, because his majority illiterate followers will never realise the need for getting educated.
It also pains that our heads tends to judge things based on its possible political nature before an objective consideration of the thing itself. I see it as very irrelevant and irresponsible to begin to link what the governor has done with being an APC member or a PDP decampee. Those uncalled sentiments aren't gonna be instrumental to advancement of the nation. Its in fact a cold battle against the progress of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by kilmix: 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
I smell Presidency 2015...

Betrayal=APCshit

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by henchamb(m): 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
Mr•Olodo:
[size=24pt]please is it also adult education so I can equally upgrade my olodo brain grin grin[/size]
shameless old man, pls stop this as kids do visit nairaland. we dnt want convulsion

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
the_ripper3: Almajiris wont be happy with this development

Apparently, no wonder the Almajiris on nairaland won't stop jabbering.
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by pembisco(m): 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
la furia:
You are wrong. So easy to pass false information knowing folks will just swallow hook line and sinker. Please when last did you pay a visit to the north? I don't understand you southern people you really think the north has not moved on as per education.
Yes in the past the number of Northerners attending schools were nothing to talk about but in past 15years, a lot has changed. My village that had just one primary school now has three primary schools. It's just unfortunate that that there are no stat to show the number of Northerners now in school as compared to the Colonial era which folks like you love referring to I just find it unbelievable that someone as 'educated as you believes Northerners don't go to school.
The reason for d free education is simple, despite the fact that many parents want their children to go to school, due to the number of children, they can't afford to pay their school fees. With the free education, every child in kano now has the opportunity to go school.
If I may ask what do you suggest should be done about the education in North since you know better?
Dnt mind him, dis is one of d persons dt wl be shouting nd cursin d oyibos ovr ther ignorance abt d level of development in naija. I rememba sm1 gave an example abt d kenyan shopn moll robery dt d sm oyibos wer shockd kenya has a shopn moll. Guys here wer mad sayn d oyibos knw natin abt africa. Same is hapnin amng us a here. A southerner/eastherner who has neva bn to d north wl swear dt north is nt developd.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by henchamb(m): 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
so you guys wants to tell us that even if TA orji of abia state joins APC that we will see good governance in the state. then APC shud then call on bank PHB to join the merger because they make imposible things possible as well.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by EyesWideOpen(m): 12:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
pembisco:
Dnt mind him, dis is one of d persons dt wl be shouting nd cursin d oyibos ovr ther ignorance abt d level of development in naija. I rememba sm1 gave an example abt d kenyan shopn moll robery dt d sm oyibos wer shockd kenya has a shopn moll. Guys here wer mad sayn d oyibos knw natin abt africa. Same is hapnin amng us a here. A southerner/eastherner who has neva bn to d north wl swear dt north is nt developd.
[i][/i]

good point there ... I honestly can't understand how these folks cannot just learn, information is quite easy to acquire these days.
Although I think it is all the better as far as I'm concerned, you know, if they shud go on believing the North is an underdeveloped hive of illiterates, by the time we've surpassed the level of development of the world powers they wouldn't realise, lest they sabotage our progress. What do you think brought about BH? One word man, SABOTAGE!

The leaders of the North are cunning, like them or hate them. smiley
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by Gboliwe: 12:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
gbam! Ayam a witness
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by ichommy(m): 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
Danladi, it's time to drop the Bike (Okada)
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by anonimi: 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
la furia:

Well there are statistics on out-of-school children in Nigeria, although not broken down by states:

SHOCKING: Nigeria holds world record in number of children out of school
Abdulrahman Abdulmalik
Published: June 11,2013

Children running errands during school hours in Northern Nigeria

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation has released a shocking report indicating that one out of every five Nigerian children is out of school.

In what is clearly a national disgrace for a country that is the world’s eight largest oil producer, the UNESCO Education for All Global Monitoring Report (EAGMR) says Nigeria holds the world record of having the highest number of its young people out of school.

With approximately 10.5 million kids out of school, Nigeria dominates twelve other countries with which it accounts for 47 percent of the global out-of-school population.

The other countries are Pakistan (5.1 million); Ethiopia (2.4million); India (2.3million); Philippines (1.5million); Cote D’Ivoire (1.2million); Burkina Faso (1million); Niger (1million); Kenya (1million); Yemen (0.9million); Mali (0.8million) and South Africa (0.7million).

And of all these countries, UNESCO says Nigeria is among the four that has experienced the highest increase since 1999.

“It (Nigeria) is one of only four among these twelve countries where the number increased in absolute terms,” the report noted. “It now accounts for almost one in five out-of-school children in the world.”

Although, UNESCO officials blame the drop in school enrolment in some countries on the decrease in aid between 2010 and 2011, anecdotal evidence suggests that the monumental corruption at all levels of government might have worsened Nigeria’s case.

In Nigeria, officials routinely steal funds appropriated for building classrooms, buying textbooks and implementing programmes that should bring more children to school.

Recently some officials were indicted for stealing funds released to the nomadic education commission, an agency charged with the responsibility of getting Fulani herdsmen to enroll their kids in school.

More from: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/138442-shocking-nigeria-holds-world-record-in-number-of-children-out-of-school.html

BTW, Kwankwanso has been governor for how many years ALREADY

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by anonimi: 12:50pm On Dec 26, 2013

The key issue is to make it COMPULSORY in an EFFECTIVE manner.
That means to first sensitise the leaders and everyone on the NEED for education and subsequently CRIMINALISE non-sending and withdrawal of children from schools. There must also be an EXTENSIVE data gathering exercise on how many children are in the state so as to have enough classrooms AND appropriately qualified & adequately motivated teachers to cater for ALL the children in PUBLIC schools.

How many children do you find roaming the streets during school hours in SUPPOSEDLY free education states in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by modextus(m): 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
homesteady:
Damn! Ignorance is bliss grin grin
You call kwankawso under-performing?
You must be a joker! If he had at least 5 propaganda propagators on NL, he'll have been named the best governor in the world!
I'm 100% sure that no governor that was elected or re-elected in 2011 in Nigeria has performed more than him!
I was just about giving him same answer

This folks know nothing about kano but thay alway have something to say anytime an issue is been raised about kano..
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by arabbunkum: 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
Any right thinking person will ask why he waited until his tenure is coming to an end before giving free education to Kano people. It's just a cheap political gimmick.
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
fyneguy: The impact of APC. Yes! an under-performing PDP Governor could be performing under APC. This is the proof.

So let other clueless PDP governors move to APC and get fire baptism
and u you believed kwankwaso was under performing while in PDP?

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
homesteady:
You must be a joker! If he had at least 5 propaganda propagators on NL, he'll have been named the best governor in the world!
I'm 100% sure that no governor that was elected or re-elected in 2011 in Nigeria has performed more than him!
I thought as much
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by BloggingIq: 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
Mr•Olodo:
[size=24pt]please is it also adult education so I can equally upgrade my olodo brain grin grin[/size]

is this dude for real?
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by gr8eminent(m): 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
Thought we were done with this, So there are still states were students pay money 4basic education?...Akpabio must hear this!! #teamuncommontransformation.
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by wogorparadise: 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2013
fyneguy:

His PDP-oriented eyes apparently skipped the ''compulsory'' part
da people the yarn for these forum sha
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by lacasa: 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
Best governor

APC got a gem for free

cool

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by jesuseun1(m): 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2013

U are on track,d problem is not free education,it is bringin d pple to schls

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by abdulkayus(m): 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
I can c some bigots here who are itchin and unhappy abt d progress of kano. If dat, kwankwaso has like 5 to 10 e members here on NL who will be talkin abt his progress, some ppl would have commit suicide since. Yes, in term of education, southerners may still have higher no than northerners, bt d north too are goin to school nw in great number. Just come to kano and c durin clossin hour of schools and c hw students will be troopin out. Right now, one of d most lucrative business nw in kano is to have a private school, nt just anyhw, bt a good private school. Yes, that is wat is movin right now for u to knw that dey have realy embrace education. Wat of uni like BUK, North west university and kano state uni of tech, na them full there. In d north now, Kano, kaduna, katsina, are some of d states that has realy embrace education. Though, some states like Yobe, Taraba, and Jigawa are still lackin behind. With d meagre money that kano is makin, kwankwaso has realy develop the state very well. Its just that d media dont talk abt most progress in d north xvept negative news. In terms of development, kano is farrrrrrrr better than many states in d south.
CIAO

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
Good move in the right direction; and may Allah reward ur effort. In *akpor's voice* correct governor.
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by SwTonia(f): 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2013
homesteady:
not until he repairs those road in sabon gari
Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by anonimi: 1:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
abdulkayus: Yes, in term of education, southerners may still have higher no than northerners, bt d north too are goin to school nw in great number. Just come to kano and c durin clossin hour of schools and c hw students will be troopin out.

How many more years do you think before this commendable embrace of education in the north despite Boko Haram's contrary philosophy, will show up in the Common Entrance admission scores for Unity schools

Right now, one of d most lucrative business nw in kano is to have a private school, nt just anyhw, bt a good private school. Yes, that is wat is movin right now for u to knw that dey have realy embrace education.

So how is Kwnakwanso going to also make educatin free for ALL Kano state children even in the private schools
What % of enrolled children are in PUBLIC versus private schools currently- a rough guess/estimate will suffice.
What should that % be AFTER one year of Kwankwanso's free education policy
FYI, comparison and to serve as a benchmark over 95% of British children attend government schools!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano by anonimi: 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
SwTonia: not until he repairs those road in sabon gari

Are there Kano people aka indigenes in Sabon Gari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. / Students Protest Non-Release Of Their Jamb Results In Edo / Complains On The Admission Process Of LASU For 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.