Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas (11388 Views)

The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / Please Don't Lose Your Soul To The Devil / Pictures Of Christmas Day Bomb Blast In Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 11:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
MEILYN: loool. Did i call you a slave owner? cheesy. Yes the Africans who sold us too will be destroyed. grin its not about who sold more slaves, every country and nation who put Israel in slavery will be destroyed, some will survive and be slaves themselves. You Americans are enjoying the wealth from the slave trade till date. grin you are saying you owned no slaves, do you know how many native Americans, America killed? You are in someone elses land enjoying their resources and you say you are not part of it? Smh. Lamanites? Thats the mormons philosophy. Gad according to the bible..... And i said you are Israel tongue

smh...No, I don't know exactly how many Native Americans were killed. I can guarantee I know more about Native American History than you. You don't grow up in the Arizona public school system, and live amid a myriad Indian Reservations, and not know Native American History from both sides. I am also well aware of how this nation came to be, and the bloodshed that laid it's foundation, and subsequent growth. And?

You said yourself, “God let all this sufferings on us because we did not keep his commandment.” It is all part of the ‘Plan’. I agree with you there. Let’s put on our seatbelts, cuz it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.

cheesy tongue
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MEILYN(m): 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
OlaoChi:

undecided maybe where you come from is nothing but spit but my village is recognized by the God they serve

You really need to relax and reason a little bit, I think you taking this Israel supremacist too far
Israel is and have never been a worth while nation. They are just racist people who created a racist religion
lol. in 70BC where were your ancestors living? Can you trace it back to that time? Do me a favour and give me the details.

My dear you dont understand the bible thats why you dont believe in it. People that taught you the bible are Christians. Thats why you think the bible contradicts itself.

The bible is the most truthful book upon the face of the earth. Prophecies that came to pass are too much for me to explain. i can tell you what will happen very soon using the bible.

So please, come back to life. You are still sleeping.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by haibe(m): 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
MEILYN: you have to care about hw he looks mam...

"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. " (John 7:38).... If you have heard earlier that Christ was black will you still worship him?

MEILYN has started again, this verse is nothing about how Christ looks but believe in Christ and the blessing pronounced.

btw I think you are mistaking this:
He that believeth on me, (comma) As the scripture has saith, out of his belly shall.....

With this:
He that believeth on me as the scripture has saith...

Please the two above are different, an exclusion of a comma can make a statement lose it's intent. What that verse is saying is that, If you believe in Christ, -like the bible has said, out of your belly shall flow.... The bible says if he believes in Christ, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living waters.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 11:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
MEILYN: loool. Did i call you a slave owner? cheesy. Yes the Africans who sold us too will be destroyed. grin its not about who sold more slaves, every country and nation who put Israel in slavery will be destroyed, some will survive and be slaves themselves. You Americans are enjoying the wealth from the slave trade till date. grin you are saying you owned no slaves, do you know how many native Americans, America killed? You are in someone elses land enjoying their resources and you say you are not part of it? Smh. Lamanites? Thats the mormons philosophy. Gad according to the bible..... And i said you are Israel tongue

btw...I know it's Mormon. You said you used to be one. Remember?
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MEILYN(m): 11:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

smh...No, I don't know exactly how many Native Americans were killed. I can guarantee I know more about Native American History than you. You don't grow up in the Arizona public school system, and live amid a myriad Indian Reservations, and not know Native American History from both sides. I am also well aware of how this nation came to be, and the bloodshed that laid it's foundation, and subsequent growth. And?

You said yourself, “God let all this sufferings on us because we did not keep his commandment.” It is all part of the ‘Plan’. I agree with you there. Let’s put on our seatbelts, cuz it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.

cheesy tongue
Lol. Dont trust all that bullshit they teach in school miss tongue. They hide some stuffs you know.

When i was in school, i was taught by my teacher that we are gentiles. Lol. School history and lies. grin yea Tex. Bumpy indeed grin
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MEILYN(m): 11:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

btw...I know it's Mormon. You said you used to be one. Remember?
Yea. Thats why when you called Lamanites i was familiar with it.....
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
MEILYN: yea, i understand you. If the colour doesnt matter, then why was it changed? Why did you try to prove he wasnt black? tongue

and the love ish.

"Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD." (Leviticus 19:18).... Against the Children of thy people. Not your enemies of other lands. wink just kidding. Nice one.

That was not my intent. I just wanted you to get your facts straight. tongue
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MEILYN(m): 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
haibe:

MEILYN has started again, this verse is nothing about how Christ looks but believe in Christ and the blessing pronounced.

btw I think you are mistaking this:
He that believeth on me, (comma) As the scripture has saith, out of his belly shall.....

With this:
He that believeth on me as the scripture has saith...

Please the two above are different, an exclusion of a comma can make a statement lose it's intent. What that verse is saying is that, If you believe in Christ, -like the bible has said, out of your belly shall flow.... The bible says if he believes in Christ, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living waters.
Common get out of here. grin..... You don come with your own interpretation smh. All that verse is one sentence. You dont know what the comma is used for anymore?
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by Mintayo(m): 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
MEILYN: Yea. You Christians got it all wrong. tongue. Thats why you preach trash up and down... Colour doesnt matter now huh? When they changed him from black to white it didnt matter? Did you bother to ask yourself why it was changed? You think the bible is a religious book? But you do err, the bible is a Law, History and Prophecy book. Has nothing to do with modern day Christianity. Have you even bothered to find out how Christianity came about?. Why the white man brought Christianity to Africa? Why your people went into slavery? Why blacks are hated and why we were called Niggers and Negroes? You are on a long thing bro.... let me just tell you so that you will know. The whiteman is your enemy, take it or leave.

"And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau." (Genesis 25:25).
"And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD." (Genesis 25:22).
"And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger." (Genesis 25:23).
you and the whiteman have been separated from the beginning bro.

And how will you get the message of Christ? When they have interpreted the whole bible to mean something else?.
You can quote and unquote me,Just as i dnt believe in Obadiah's message,i don't believe in yours too(#no offence)...do u knw why? Anyone dt preaches to me or talk abt the Bible to me and thinks that he/she is an authority over d Bible,or thinks his/her own interpretations of d Bible is d correct one is only wasting His time with me...I have d spirit of God in me,He shows me the hidden thing in His Word.
Telling me that d white man is my enemy shows that u dnt have the Spirit of Christ in you...Jesus is not a racist,he didnt come to preach abt a race; His message is summed up in One Word: LOVE-regardless of ur race,colour,age etc,and that is what He want us to tell ppl.
And concerning whether we were given d right or wrong Bible,i dnt really care-i believe everything was for a purpose,whether a part was removed,added or tampered with,i believe God knows abt it and its all for a purpose.
#i may nt reply ur next post!
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MEILYN(m): 11:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

That was not my intent. I just wanted you to get your fact straight. tongue
Lol. But now, do you believe he was black?
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 11:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mintayo:
I love the bolded-His message.
We shld care abt Jesus' message-thats where our salvation lies.
Who cares what colour Jesus is? As far as I am concern Jesus is from above and He is above all. That s where we christains miss it,we tried to 'dress' Jesus,we give Him what is not His,we care abt things that we shld not care abt and neglect the most important thing-"the message of Christ"-And that was d mandate He gave us to go out and tell pppl abt this message...
He didnt come to talk abt one race over another...He came to show us the way to the Father,to reconcile us with the Father.
May God help us.
Thanx smiley
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by dagr8(m): 11:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
shocked shocked : shocked
ok, i will find time to go thru all these grin

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by haibe(m): 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
MEILYN: Common get out of here. grin..... You don come with your own interpretation smh. All that verse is one sentence. You dont know what the comma is used for anymore?

That passage is not about looks bro, do not confuse those who are still mild in the faith. Jesus could care less about his looks but rather believe and faith in Him.

Btw, the bible never said Jesus was black, all those verses you quoted are simply your misinterpretation and speculation, also whether he is black or green, it doesn't change who he is, what matters is if you believe in him as the Son of God, not believing in his physical appearance.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MEILYN(m): 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mintayo:
You can quote and unquote me,Just as i dnt believe in Obadiah's message,i don't believe in yours too(#no offence)...do u knw why? Anyone dt preaches to me or talk abt the Bible to me and thinks that he/she is an authority over d Bible,or thinks his/her own interpretations of d Bible is d correct one is only wasting His time with me...I have d spirit of God in me,He shows me the hidden thing in His Word.
Telling me that d white man is my enemy shows that u dnt have the Spirit of Christ in you...Jesus is not a racist,he didnt come to preach abt a race; His message is summed up in One Word: LOVE-regardless of ur race,colour,age etc,and that is what He want us to tell ppl.
And concerning whether we were given d right or wrong Bible,i dnt really care-i believe everything was for a purpose,whether a part was removed,added or tampered with,i believe God knows abt it and its all for a purpose.
#i may nt reply ur next post!
"These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee." (Titus 2:15).
bro, you can do what you want. I am not forcing you to believe what am saying, you didnt believe what Obadiah said, why will you believe what am saying?.... You have no excuse now bro, when the time comes you will knowwink

lets talk about racism.

"But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it unto the dogs. " (Mark 7:27).<< racist?

"As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated." (Romans 9:13).<< racist?

"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth." (Deuteronomy 7:6).<<racist?

"For thou didst separate them from among all the people of the earth, to be thine inheritance, as thou spakest by the hand of Moses thy servant, when thou broughtest our fathers out of Egypt, O Lord GOD." (1 Kings 8:53).<< racist? Smh

there are still more verses oo. Low ba3. Catch you guys later.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 11:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
MEILYN: Lol. But now, do you believe he was black?

I think he's iridescent.
tongue
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MEILYN(m): 11:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
haibe:

That passage is not about looks bro, do not confuse those who are still mild in the faith. Jesus could care less about his looks but rather believe and faith in Him.

Btw, the bible never said Jesus was black, all those verses you quoted are simply your misinterpretation and speculation, also whether he is black or green, it doesn't change who he is, it doesn't matter if you believe in him as the Son of God, not believing in his physical appearance.
Haibe. Come and interpret it. wink i dont like too much talk. When you say something is wrong, you prove it right? Okay.

Lets start from revelation.

"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;" (Revelation 1:14)."And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters." (Revelation 1:15).

"For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood." (Hebrews 7:14).

"Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up." (Jeremiah 14:2)

"Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick." (Lamentations 4:8 ).
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MEILYN(m): 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

I think he's iridescent.
tongue
Lmao. grin
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MEILYN(m): 12:01am On Dec 29, 2013
OlaoChi:

This was a Roman creation as they wanted a new religion to help take over the world

I can never trust anything in this Bible, because the old and new testament are talking about 2 different Gods
No No No. Dont mix things up. Christianity was a Roman creation. But the Bible is the most correct book on earth.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 12:04am On Dec 29, 2013
I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread so far, and any who may come. No matter your viewpoint. I am loving this discussion. This is why I keep coming back to NL. I love the people I have met here. Y’all are WONDERFUL! Keep it coming. This is GREAT!!

@ Seun…
Thank you Thank you Thank you
kiss grin

I am in the best mood right now. smiley

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by haibe(m): 12:12am On Dec 29, 2013
MEILYN: Haibe. Come and interpret it. wink i dont like too much talk. When you say something is wrong, you prove it right? Okay.

Lets start from revelation.

"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;" (Revelation 1:14)."And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters." (Revelation 1:15).

First of all, this is the spiritual description of Jesus and not physical, white like wool doesn't mean he is black, wool is usually white and so the reason for such. If this is a physical description of Christ then you mean the ancient of days in daniel 7:9 is a physical and black man too? I doubt

I beheld till the thrones were cast down,
and the Ancient of days did sit, whose
garment was white as snow, and the hair of
his head like the pure wool: his throne was
like the fiery flame, and his wheels as
burning fire.(daniel 7:9)

"For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood." (Hebrews 7:14).

"Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up." (Jeremiah 14:2)

Blackness here doesn't mean they are of a black race, it depicts their look as a result of the farmine.

10 Our skin was black like an oven because of
the terrible famine. (Lamentations 5:10)

"Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick." (Lamentations 4:8 ).

See Lamentations 5:10 above, blackness not to be taken as a literal dark complexion or else you would be implying they were as black as an oven too.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MEILYN(m): 12:20am On Dec 29, 2013
haibe:

First of all, this is the spiritual description of Jesus and not physical, white like wool doesn't mean he is black, wool is usually white and so the reason for such. If this is a physical description of Christ then you mean the ancient of days in daniel 7:9 is a physical and black man too? I doubt

I beheld till the thrones were cast down,
and the Ancient of days did sit, whose
garment was white as snow, and the hair of
his head like the pure wool: his throne was
like the fiery flame, and his wheels as
burning fire.(daniel 7:9)

Blackness here doesn't mean they are of a black race, it depicts their look as a result of the farmine.

10 Our skin was black like an oven because of
the terrible famine. (Lamentations 5:10)

See Lamentations 5:10 above, blackness not to be taken as a literal dark complexion or else you would be implying they were as black as an oven too.
Haibe. This your post, just made me hate you. grin. Lol. Just kidding, you are a liar you know? God is black too you didnt know? So a white man will turn black because of famine? Jesus has two looks? Spiritual and Physical? Okay oo. Christians no go call me.

Haibe, do whites have leprosy?
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 12:24am On Dec 29, 2013
MEILYN: Haibe. This your post, just made me hate you. grin. Lol. Just kidding, you are a liar you know? God is black too you didnt know? So a white man will turn black because of famine? Jesus has two looks? Spiritual and Physical? Okay oo. Christians no go call me.

The bolded is a strong word. He is a liar, because he doesn't believe the way you do? smh
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by UyiIredia(m): 12:28am On Dec 29, 2013
Kamsy10:

. . . Nobody dare insult my Jesusidol just like that on this nairaland and I'll keep quiet
If you're scared of them my dear, am not
Peace out

Corrected.

idol: 3) an object of extreme devotion (from Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by haibe(m): 12:29am On Dec 29, 2013
MEILYN: Haibe. This your post, just made me hate you. grin. Lol. Just kidding, you are a liar you know? God is black too you didnt know? So a white man will turn black because of famine? Jesus has two looks? Spiritual and Physical? Okay oo. Christians no go call me.

Lol, learn not to make speculations, it's very bad, I noticed this in the other thread too, God is not a man and so cannot be termed black like a physical being.

The description of Jesus in revelations is nothing physical, compare to the ancient of days in daniel 7:9, this are spiritual beings.

How would you think an human would have a voice as of many waters or a garment as white as snow, having a wheel as of a burning fire? This descriptions depicts their characteristics and not physical appearance.

Learn to be humble enough to learn, the bible neither said God was black nor Jesus, why the speculation?

Are you saying the bible is lying?

10 Our skin was black like an oven because
of the terrible famine. (Lamentations 5:10)

The above doesn't mean they were black as oven literally but due to the farmine and distress they lost shape, for example most cush nations which experience poverty are usually not having a white look as normal but black, this is a very obvious fact that when there is suffering and farming people become blacker.

As of the leprosy, I don't know if whites do have them, I don't just speculate.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by UyiIredia(m): 12:32am On Dec 29, 2013
@ OP: I actually as a matter of habit (for the same reasons you had which I once shared) write Christmas and hardly ever 'Xmas'. I can identify with Christmas and the lesson of goodwill to all men from Christ's story. However, just as (Catholic) Christians coopted pagan rituals and holiday date in making Christmas so also non-Christians can coopt elements and lessons of Christmas too. By the way, compliments of the season smiley
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by haibe(m): 12:39am On Dec 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ OP: I actually as a matter of habit (for the same reasons you had which I once shared) write Christmas and hardly ever 'Xmas'. I can identify with Christmas and the lesson of goodwill to all men from Christ's story. However, just as (Catholic) Christians coopted pagan rituals and holiday date in making Christmas so also non-Christians can coopt elements and lessons of Christmas too. By the way, compliments of the season smiley

Ah! dem don comot the cake for your profile, happy birthday in arrears.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by OlaoChi: 12:41am On Dec 29, 2013
vickyO:

Are you a Christian?
Am irreligious...I see no sense in christianity
Plus It's foundation is evil and fraudulent
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by OlaoChi: 12:54am On Dec 29, 2013
MEILYN: lol. in 70BC where were your ancestors living? Can you trace it back to that time? Do me a favour and give me the details.

My dear you dont understand the bible thats why you dont believe in it. People that taught you the bible are Christians. Thats why you think the bible contradicts itself.

The bible is the most truthful book upon the face of the earth. Prophecies that came to pass are too much for me to explain. i can tell you what will happen very soon using the bible.

So please, come back to life. You are still sleeping.

Pls stop rubing your opinions in peoples faces. I see you are one of the many Christians that act like you are all knowing and anyone that opposess you is a liar or lacks understanding

If you can't trace your origin how does that make Israel automatically become the untraced origin.
This is why I am an enemy of religion because it brainwash and makes people talk crazy
Christians claim Israel is their origin, Muslims claim Mecca is their origin

Am more than certain that you are one crazy fellow who likes to misinterpret things. Must the origin of a people be from a faraway land
The Yoruba have Ile-Ife as their origin and claim no where else except the ones beclouded by religious sentiments who claim Mecca and Israel

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 2:15am On Dec 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ OP: I actually as a matter of habit (for the same reasons you had which I once shared) write Christmas and hardly ever 'Xmas'. I can identify with Christmas and the lesson of goodwill to all men from Christ's story. However, just as (Catholic) Christians coopted pagan rituals and holiday date in making Christmas so also non-Christians can coopt elements and lessons of Christmas too. By the way, compliments of the season smiley

Thanks...you too
kiss
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MrTroll(m): 2:39am On Dec 29, 2013
Yeye de smell. I'm outta here!
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by dagr8(m): 7:20am On Dec 29, 2013
Three parties war of knowledge grin..interesting.... U guys are all making sense....

I will read and learn when am back from church smiley.

@MEILYN...do u worship anywhere on Sunday?

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MEILYN(m): 7:57am On Dec 29, 2013
haibe:

Lol, learn not to make speculations, it's very bad, I noticed this in the other thread too, God is not a man and so cannot be termed black like a physical being.

The description of Jesus in revelations is nothing physical, compare to the ancient of days in daniel 7:9, this are spiritual beings.

How would you think an human would have a voice as of many waters or a garment as white as snow, having a wheel as of a burning fire? This descriptions depicts their characteristics and not physical appearance.

Learn to be humble enough to learn, the bible neither said God was black nor Jesus, why the speculation?

Are you saying the bible is lying?

10 Our skin was black like an oven because
of the terrible famine. (Lamentations 5:10)

The above doesn't mean they were black as oven literally but due to the farmine and distress they lost shape, for example most cush nations which experience poverty are usually not having a white look as normal but black, this is a very obvious fact that when there is suffering and farming people become blacker.

As of the leprosy, I don't know if whites do have them, I don't just speculate.

i will respond to your ignorance later in the day:::

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

30 Facts About Islam / Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? / 226 Comments On A Topic By People Asking Me To Join Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.