Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,916 members, 7,956,448 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas (11627 Views)

The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / Please Don't Lose Your Soul To The Devil / Pictures Of Christmas Day Bomb Blast In Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2013
A friend of mine, who I know to be Christian, wished me Merry Christmas. There was an (x) in place of Christ in his message. I asked him not to take Christ out of Christmas. He asked what I meant. When I pointed out that he had left Christ out of his greeting, he said he had never given it a thought.

I have Atheist friends and other non-Christin friends who do this. I am not particularly offended by it. I do feel some may be disrespecting my beliefs. Others though, I think are just abbreviating. They don't have any reason, in their minds, to respect the name Christ.

It is to my Christian brothers and sisters I address this. I have noticed many of you replacing Christ with (x). Maybe you too have not realized you are removing the most important part of this greeting.

Please. Let's not remove Christ's name from our greetings. Jesus is the reason for the season. Let's not forget that.

Merry CHRISTmas

7 Likes

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by MrTroll(m): 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sorry, Jesus is NOT the reason for the season. I mean this in a nice way smiley

2 Likes

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mr Troll: Sorry, Jesus is NOT the reason for the season. I mean this in a nice way smiley

Before I ask why, let me say:

I know December 25th is not is birthday. It is the day we celebrate it.

I know it has become commercialized. Not everyone makes it all about presents. Some people teach their children about Christ year round and make sure they know the real meaning of Christmas.

Now. Why not?

5 Likes

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by vickyO(f): 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mr Troll: Sorry, Jesus is NOT the reason for the season. I mean this in a nice way smiley

He is the reason for the season.
Read your history books.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by ATMC(f): 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
christ is called 'xritos' #dont know if i got the spelling right...but it is to this that christmas is called xmas, no offence. Though some people may say it is cos of generation x', well it dont mean a thing to me. I know Christ is not even his name for its a title and we all bear it...So if indeed we are to call it what it ought be called, then we go by jesusmas for thatz hiz name#truthbetold
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by vickyO(f): 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2013
And I read somewhere that Christ in Greek can be written as X, hence the abbreviation.

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by ATMC(f): 10:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
vickyO: And I read somewhere that Christ in Greek can be written as X, hence the abbreviation.
Exactly.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by Mintayo(m): 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
Op,u r very correct,i have seen the letter 'x' being used for 'bad',things that are nt too good,whichever way,i believe it won't cost anyone to write Christ instead of 'x'.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
First of All @OP I feel very insulted when you replace the Birth of the Glorious Sun, with the birth of a jewish goat-herd, who probably never knew how to count, forget remembering his birthday.

second, i feel insulted, when you put the christ into Yuletide.

It is YULETIDE. not xmas.

Merry Yuletide! cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
First of All @OP I feel very insulted when you replace the Birth of the Glorious Sun, with the birth of a jewish goat-herd, who probably never knew how to count, forget remembering his birthday.

Merry Yuletide! cool

That was the whole point!!!!!!!!!!.
I know its paining you guys that the day was stylishly taken from you and replaced your celebration with Christ birth.
That's why your people are all over nairaland trying to discourage Christmas so you can take back that day to worship the devil but you wont succeed.
Jesus has conquered. halleluia!!!!!!!!!
Your powerless god has been over powered hence you need to give your life to the all powerful God.

SEEING THE FRUSTRATION IN YOUR POST MADE MY DAY. GLORY TO JESUS!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by vickyO(f): 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kamsy10:

I know its paining you guys that the day was stylishly taken from you and replaced your celebration with Christ birth. That's why your people are all over nairaland trying to discourage Christmas so you can take back that day to worship the devil but you wont succeed.
Your powerless god has been over powered hence you need to give your life to the all powerful God.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kamsy10:

I know its paining you guys that the day was stylishly taken from you and replaced your celebration with Christ birth. That's why your people are all over nairaland trying to discourage Christmas so you can take back that day to worship the devil but you wont succeed.

wats this one talkig about now? lol

so that means you religion is a religion of lies and deciet.

good.

we dont believe in devil btw. We are GODS worshippers while you are man-worshippers.

jesus has not conquered. jesus WAS conquered by the Roman soldiers.

2 Likes

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 11:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Merry Yuletide! cool

Since I have no idea what you are talking about, I can't possibly be insulting you. I know nothing about your beliefs. I have never in my life, until coming to NL, heard of your God(s). Please excuse my ignorance. I wasn't aware you celebrate something during this time of year. I am aware of some other beliefs celebrated during this time, but not yours. I give them all due respect. Why is yours anymore significant than theirs. I don't see where this has anything to do with the op though.

I hope you enjoy whatever it is you are celebrating. I would never intentionally disrespect your beliefs, or denigrate, in anyway, your celebration of it. Please give me that same courtesy. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
texanomaly:

Since I have no idea what you are talking about, I can't possibly be insulting you. I know nothing about your beliefs. I have never in my life, until coming to NL, heard of your God(s). Please excuse my ignorance. I wasn't aware you celebrate something during this time of year. I am aware of some other beliefs celebrated during this time, but not yours. I give them all due respect. Why is yours anymore significant than theirs. I don't see where this has anything to do with the op though.

I hope you enjoy whatever it is you are celebrating. I would never intentionally disrespect your beliefs, or denigrate, in anyway, your celebration of it. Please give me that same courtesy. Thank you.

ok. kool.

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kamsy10:

I know its paining you guys that the day was stylishly taken from you and replaced your celebration with Christ birth.
That's why your people are all over nairaland trying to discourage Christmas so you can take back that day to worship the devil but you wont succeed.

Please...do not bring your intolerance here. While I appreciate your need to defend what you believe, it is not necessary to denigrate others to get your point across.

A warning to anyone who comes to put down others for their belief, I will report you myself. You are not welcome, if you break the rules in any way. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
texanomaly:

Please...do not bring your intolerance here. While I appreciate your need to defend what you believe, it is not necessary to denigrate others to get your point across.

A warning to anyone who comes to put down others for their belief, I will report you myself. You are not welcome, if you break the rules in any way. Thank you.

Am still wondering why you didnt issue the same warning to the person who insulted the main reason for your post, rather you're warning the person who replied.
Even your main post is all about intolerance to start with. Nobody dare insult my Jesus just like that on this nairaland and I'll keep quiet
If you're scared of them my dear, am not
Peace out
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ok. kool.

I'm not sure what you celebrate at this time, but I hope you feel the peace, love, and generosity that is intended, at this time, in whatever you do.

Merry Yuletide! grin

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 11:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
ATMC: christ is called 'xritos' #dont know if i got the spelling right...but it is to this that christmas is called xmas, no offence. Though some people may say it is cos of generation x', well it dont mean a thing to me. I know Christ is not even his name for its a title and we all bear it...So if indeed we are to call it what it ought be called, then we go by jesusmas for thatz hiz name#truthbetold

vickyO: And I read somewhere that Christ in Greek can be written as X, hence the abbreviation.

Thank you. I will check this out.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 11:50pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kamsy10:

Am still wondering why you didnt issue the same warning to the person who insulted the main reason for your post, rather you're warning the person who replied.
Even your main post is all about intolerance to start with.
Peace out

Because he was addressing me. I do not go all commando every time someone disagrees with me. I discuss the matter, in hopes of clearing it up. Many times it is merely a misunderstanding. Calm, sensible discourse can often set things right. As was the case here.

btw: Sorry I came down on you like that. I try not to go commando, but intolerance does get my dander up.

Merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
texanomaly:

Because he was addressing me. I do not go all commando every time someone disagrees with me. I discuss the matter, in hopes of clearing it up. Many times it is merely a misunderstanding. Calm, sensible discourse can often set things right. As was the case here.

Well I think you should report his post cos its too offensive to remain up there.
That's my savior we're addressing here for crying out loud.
I don't know what God you serve but the man he was insulting there is too big for a mere nairalander hiding behind keyboard.

People like you make them take Christianity for granted cos if they try such with some other religions, it ends in serious violence atimes
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Merry Yuletide! cool

Incase you cant see, I've made it bold for you. That post must be hidden or I report you for discrimination
I'd rather be insulted than my God to be insulted.
Do the needful.
Thank you

I think you shouldnt have started a post if you don't know how to balance or manage it
Starting a post is not meant for everyone
You cant pick n chose who to correct and who not to. It doesn't work like that.
WHAT IS OFFENSIVE IS OFFENSIVE, PERIOD

People like you make them think you can open your mouth and say anything about Christianity, even insult Christ and get a pat in the back

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by vickyO(f): 12:09am On Dec 26, 2013
*pours cold water on thread*

Let's take it easy.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 26, 2013
vickyO: *pours cold water on thread*

Let's take it easy.

I will, as soon as that post is reported and hidden. And I want the op to be the one to do the needful
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by LarrySun(m): 12:13am On Dec 26, 2013
texanomaly:

btw: Sorry I came down on you like that. I try not to go commando, but intolerance does get my dander up.

Merry Christmas
...go all commando. grin Now that's hilarious! I'm imagining you literally suiting the action to the words, but the kind of image it's conjuring in my head is rib-cracking grin .

Happy Boxing Day to y'all.

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by dagr8(m): 12:26am On Dec 26, 2013
Larry-Sun:
...go all commando. grin Now that's hilarious! I'm imagining you literally suiting the action to the words, but the kind of image it's conjuring in my head is rib-cracking grin .

Pls prepare a ring..i feel like boxing someone cool
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by vickyO(f): 12:28am On Dec 26, 2013
dagr8:
Pls prepare a ring..i feel like boxing someone cool

Who?
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by dagr8(m): 12:29am On Dec 26, 2013
vickyO:

Who?
ermm ermm..U grin
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 12:30am On Dec 26, 2013
Kamsy10:

Well I think you should report his post cos its too offensive to remain up there.
That's my savior we're addressing here for crying out loud.
I believe you have a report button too. You would be wise to use it.

Kamsy10:
I don't know what God you serve but the man he was insulting there is too big for a mere nairalander hiding behind keyboard.
I made this clear in the op.

Kamsy10:
People like you make them take Christianity for granted cos if they try such with some other religions, it ends in serious violence atimes
Sir/madam: A true Christlike attitude does not include violence. It involves the following:
Today at 5:19 PM
1 Corinthians 13: "If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing"

Kamsy10:

Incase you cant see, I've made it bold for you. That post must be hidden or I report you for discrimination
I'd rather be insulted than my God to be insulted.
Do the needful.
Thank you
Again, I addressed the situation. I will also mention, AGAIN, you have a ‘report’ button.

Kamsy10:
I think you shouldnt have started a post if you don't know how to balance or manage it
Starting a post is not meant for everyone
You cant pick n chose who to correct and who not to. It doesn't work like that.
WHAT IS OFFENSIVE IS OFFENSIVE, PERIOD
I believe I corrected both of you. He simply took his in a more mature fashion.

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 12:32am On Dec 26, 2013
Kamsy10:

I will, as soon as that post is reported and hidden. And I want the op to be the one to do the needful

Are you afraid of the report button? I'm at a lose here.
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by vickyO(f): 12:33am On Dec 26, 2013
dagr8:
ermm ermm..U grin
*raises eyebrows*

Hmmm
Are you sure? cool
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by texanomaly(f): 12:33am On Dec 26, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Thanx 'D'

You too. kiss
Re: Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 26, 2013
texanomaly:
I believe you have a report button too. You would be wise to use it.

I made this clear in the op.

Sir/madam: A true Christlike attitude does not include violence. It involves the following:
Today at 5:19 PM
1 Corinthians 13: "If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing"

Again, I addressed the situation. I will also mention, AGAIN, you have a ‘report’ button.

[b]I believe I corrected both of you. He simply took his in a more mature fashion

Madam correctioner,
So why did you use the red color warning when I replied him but you forgot that there was a red color warning when addressing he that started it.
Well done madam preacher.

Going to bed abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Would You Describe Jesus? / Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? / Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.