Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? (743 Views)

Why You Should Invest More On Your Siblings Than Your Girlfriend/wife / What Do You Call Your Lover In Private? / What Pet Name/Names Do You Call Your Lover? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by manee2(m): 11:15am On Dec 26, 2013
Yesterday (25th) was actually my worst day, imagine at 21 my elder sister and dad embarased my babe jst because i invited her home for the xmas (U know how that hurts). Though am meant to respect them as my elders but i believe I have my own right as a member of the family even as the last child of the house, moreover, am not a kid anymore or am I?. I believe it's more than enough reason to be vexed although she claims she've forgotten all that happened but i know it still hurts her and now am not at peace with my siblings because I think they over reacted. Can someone please help me with the best solution to this please.
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 26, 2013
U min dey insulted her to her face

U shld av known the kind of family you have and sort yourself out before bringing your girl home.

Besides, why did they insult her?
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by Snoggy(m): 11:27am On Dec 26, 2013
They embarrassed your girlfriend? Just like that?

This story no complete undecided

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by Mcoldsoja(m): 1:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
Did you ask their permission before bringing her home?

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by manee2(m): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
[b][/b]
alutacontinua: U min dey insulted her to her face

U shld av known the kind of family you have and sort yourself out before bringing your girl home.

... My dad was like i should bring her home when i might have paid her brideprice not now. undecided
alutacontinua: U min dey insulted her to her face

... My dad was like i should bring her home when i might have paid her brideprice not now.
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by manee2(m): 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
Snoggy: They embarrassed your girlfriend? Just like that?

This story no complete undecided
.. Am serious bro
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by manee2(m): 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
Mc oldsoja: Did you ask their permission before bringing her home?
... Actually nah.. does it make any difference?
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by dexpotter(m): 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
undastandin is wat matas. U shud ve seek their consent 2 avoid public harasment 2wards her. Chai i dy feel 4 her.she nor go enta dat hux again lai lai
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by Snoggy(m): 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
manee2: .. Am serious bro
At least, now you know what's up. Next time take her out...
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by Lamlifonmic(m): 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2013
Stupidity get grade!u lack respect for ur dad especially,@ 21 u are still a kid as dar as Nigeria is concerned.If you impregnate that girl @ 21 can you take a full responsibility on it without the held of your family?you are still bn cared for so why are u claiming you are not a kid?u can't rent house of your own for now,you can't buy baby things,your dad and your sister are trying to help you put your life in shape and they tried to earn the respect you refused them by disgracing you in her presence and dts excellent,now you have learn your lesson.Olodo @ 21 you are bringing a slowpoke home while your mates have started working in a bank mtchew.Learn to respect your elders.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
Lamlif on mic: Stupidity get grade!u lack respect for ur dad especially,@ 21 u are still a kid as dar as Nigeria is concerned.If you impregnate that girl @ 21 can you take a full responsibility on it without the held of your family?you are still bn cared for so why are u claiming you are not a kid?u can't rent house of your own for now,you can't buy baby things,your dad and your sister are trying to help you put your life in shape and they tried to earn the respect you refused them by disgracing you in her presence and dts excellent,now you have learn your lesson.Olodo @ 21 you are bringing a slowpoke home while your mates have started working in a bank mtchew.Learn to respect your elders.
I disagree with this.... he's not a baby at 21. and his family was wrong to have disgraced d girl. they shud have spoken to him about it or probably found a subtle way to tell her off. Disgracing her was totally uncalled for unless there's something else d op ain't telling us. Disgracing her won't stop him from straffing girls or keeping girl friends
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
manee2: [b][/b]... My dad was like i should bring her home when i might have paid her brideprice not now. undecided... My dad was like i should bring her home when i might have paid her brideprice not now.

U shld have known the kind of parents you have and not step on their toes.
At your age, you should know what your parents can/cannot tolerate.
You need to apologize to the poor lady. angry sad
If yours is a house where you can express your feelings, let them know you don't appreciate what they did and you'll prefer a lil bit of respect some other time!

NOTE: Don't go and quote me just like that for your father oo, no be me talk am oo..... grin grin
You gotta say it stylishly and subtly. Most Naija parents, na so dem dey do lipsrsealed
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by manee2(m): 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
Snoggy: At least, now you know what's up. Next time take her out...
... Dat's de shid dat drives me cRazy, she's qonna decline definetely
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by fuckluv(f): 10:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
manee2: ... Actually nah.. does it make any difference?
Of course it does!
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by Mcoldsoja(m): 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
manee2: ... Actually nah.. does it make any difference?

Yes it does. You know the kinda home you from. Their reaction is not justified but you should have shown some respect by asking them first.
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by fuckluv(f): 11:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
mi xpressive:
I disagree with this.... he's not a baby at 21. and his family was wrong to have disgraced d girl. they shud have spoken to him about it or probably found a subtle way to tell her off. Disgracing her was totally uncalled for unless there's something else d op ain't telling us. Disgracing her won't stop him from straffing girls or keeping girl friends
At 21 he's not a baby, fine! But is he "matured" enough to be given free hand to do whatever he likes? See let's not copy d westerners beliefs that a child is old enough at 18. This is what rocks their boat over there not here. Having a girlfriend comes with a lot of responsibilities if u don't know. Can u compare d financial status of a teenager over there with what we have here? Some oyinbo teenagers can even feed a man and his family here. What do u think will happen when d gf mistakenly get pregnant? Is OP financially stable to cater for such? Is it not his father that will be bearing d brunt? If he's not from a rich family, God help him because u know what that entails.So pls let our brothers get busy with their careers first without distraction.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by manee2(m): 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
Mc oldsoja:

Yes it does. You know the kinda home you from. Their reaction is not justified but you should have shown some respect by asking them first.
.. Well, am sure they wud've disagreed.
Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by manee2(m): 11:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
fuckluv: At 21 he's not a baby, fine! But is he "matured" enough to be given free hand to do whatever he likes? See let's not copy d westerners beliefs that a child is old enough at 18. This is what rocks their boat over there not here. Having a girlfriend comes with a lot of responsibilities if u don't know. Can u compare d financial status of a teenager over there with what we have here? Some oyinbo teenagers can even feed a man and his family here. What do u think will happen when d gf mistakenly get pregnant? Is OP financially stable to cater for such? Is it not his father that will be bearing d brunt? If he's not from a rich family, God help him because u know what that entails.So pls let our brothers get busy with their careers first without distraction.
.. Tnx babe OR rather madam

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Quarreling With Your Siblings Because Of Your Lover? by Mcoldsoja(m): 5:50am On Dec 28, 2013
manee2: .. Well, am sure they wud've disagreed.

Good. Then you would have avoided the scene. You knew what was coming and you still went ahead. As a man, you have to be mindful of the consequences of your actions and also take responsibility for them.

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read For All Single Ladies And Guys!!! / Iz It Kinda Different When A Guy Dumps You For A Girl From His Race, Tribe Etc / Letter To My Ex....what's Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.