Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! (1382 Views)

In Abia: Man Butchers Sister,Buries Brother Alive, Then Runs Away(photos) / Man In Anambra Kills And Buries His Father In Shallow Grave (photos) / Man Kills And Buries Friend In Ondo Over Affair With Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by DeepZone: 9:31am On Aug 04, 2008
My sister buried while alive

• Woman speaks on ‘burial’ and ‘resurrection’ of sister
By Vincent Ukpong Kalu(vin@sunnewsonline.com)
Saturday, August 2, 2008

When Jesus Christ and Apostle Paul spoke about the signs of the end time in the Bible, they may not have had the children of Mrs. Fausat Ayo-Ola of 36 Western Avenue, Lagos in mind. In that sermon, Jesus remarked that children would rise against parents, while Apostle Paul said that children would be disobedient to parents, unthankful and without natural affection to their parents.

Living index
The children of Mrs. Ayo-Ola ignored the admonition of Jesus Christ and all it’s worth. They first declared their mother dead. They announced her obituary, organized a burial and buried a casket in the cemetery.

Why would a woman’s children organize her funeral when she is alive? Fausat’s children have no answer. Her first son, Joseph, who was at the head of the funeral hoax, having claimed to have identified and claimed his mother’s corpse, switched off his phone when Saturday Sun contacted him.

According to Airat, Fausat’s sister, trouble started when the woman travelled and stayed away for more than six months, more than usual. She said: “One day, her husband, Ope, came and told me that Fausat’s first son, Joseph said her missing mother was dead. I was surprised when, they told me she was dead, I said ‘ah, don’t tell me that oh. Go look for her.’

“I called Ope, her husband, on this development. Within a short time, he arrived with his son and I asked them to go and search for her. After two weeks, Joseph came to tell me that he has seen and identified her mother in the mortuary. I told him, you, at the age of 30, are you sure it was Fausat you saw? He maintained that it was her mother he saw. I told him that I did not believe him.

“I reminded him that his mother usually travelled and sometimes stayed long before returning home. He maintained that it was her mother’s corpse he saw at the mortuary. He said that the scar on her belly made him to be sure it was his mother. He said that they wanted to organise parties and ceremonies to give her a befitting burial, which unless I wanted to be a cog in the wheel to stop them from colleting one year rent in advance from her tenants for the funeral ceremony.

“I still advised them to carry out a through search. The husband told me that the copse at the mortuary was that of his wife. I said okay, she is your wife and she has children for you. The manner the argument was going they thought I was standing on their path and wanted to fight me. I was sitting in front of the compound; I then challenged them to come fight me. One of my sons called me to leave them alone.”

Burial posters and invitation cards surfaced

“Thereafter, I saw obituary posters pasted on the wall of our house and the neighbourhood and invitation cards were also printed and given out to friends and well wishers. The two A3 size obituary poster signed by Mr. Joseph Abayomi Ope-Oluwa reads: Call to Glory: With heavy but thankful heart and in total submission to the will of God, we announce the transition into glory, the death of our beloved wife, sister, mother and grandmother, Mrs. Fausat Ayoola-Opeoluwa, Nee Amodu (a.ka. Omo Ejalonibu) who slept in the Lord on Wednesday, 30th April 2008 at the age of 57.

“From the funeral arrangement, Christian wake keep/ lying-in state was held on June 12, 2008 by 5 PM at her residence, 36, Western Avenue, Ojuelegba. The funeral service was held at the same venue the next day by 10 AM and interment followed immediately and the guests were entertained thereafter at her residence, Surulere.

They organized elaborate ceremony from the wake keep through the next day that was the funeral proper. They implored me to come out and joint them, but I refused and stayed indoors. A live band played. The children and their friends and well wishers served Ankara uniform. At the end of the ceremony, umbrella and ceramics plates, among other items, were distributed as gifts to invitees.

Fausat “resurrects”

According to Airit, pandemonium broke out about 11 PM one day when Fausat returned. People started running away. “I summoned courage and called her and she answered. I boldly moved forward and touched her. She was surprised and asked me what the problem was. Immediately, I called the children and the husband and told them that their mother they buried had ‘resurrected.’ The children and their father did not answer me. They put off their phones and did not come.

“The second day, I called and told them that their mother had come back; that they should come see her. They came only to fight and accused me that I was the one who told them that their mother was dead. I asked them if I was the one that took them to the mortuary or collated one year rent in advance to organise the hoax funeral? Their father accused me of going to bring back Fausat.

I am not dead…

Fausat told Saturday Sun, “I am not dead… I am alive. It is my children. I travelled to Kano and had accident on the leg and they said Fausat is dead. It is a lie. It is my children. I’m just managing my self…. She started weeping.”

Property at the centre of it all

Airat said: “Our eldest sister, Ashamu, wants to sell the house. She has already sold other property and wants to sell this one that I am residing and I have refused and said it cannot happen. If you look every part of the building, it is written, ‘this house is not for sale. Beware of 419.’ The matter is now pending at Lagos High Court.

“I have told Joseph, his siblings and husband that they should take their mother to Yaba Psychiatrist Hospital. They refused. They said they would come tomorrow and their tomorrow has been endless. The husband is living at Shomolu Bariga area. I don’t know the specific address.

“Our elder Ashamu sister living at 82 Oguelegba road wants to sell the 32 Western Avenue. She was at the hoax funeral ceremony. She has been served with court order to restrain her from selling this property. She had sold some other property. She wants to sell this and the one at Ojuelegba. As I am living here, I don’t have any other place to go if she sells this one and that is why I am opposing the sale.”

Airat, on behalf of Fausat and Ramota, had, on October 31, 2007, through Taiwo Odumosu Chambers, written to Ashamu warning her against the sale of family property and demanded for account on the property known as Okiti lane, Isale Eko

In a 28-paragraph counter affidavit by Kuburatu Ashamu to the motion by Airat, deposed at Lagos High Court Registry on December 11, 2207, Ashamu said that Airat cannot hold brief for Fausat and Ramota, as the two are mentally indisposed.

In paragraph 9 of the affidavit, Ashamu maintained that because the two step sisters are mentally sick and not capable of taking decisions for themselves, she has been doing that with the consent of their children.

Ashamu denies coveting family property

Speaking to Ashamu on her intention to sell the family’s property, she maintained that she has no intention to sale the 32 Western Avenue. She denied receiving a letter from a lawyer on the issue.

She denied participating in the burial of her stepsister or being at the ceremony.

No comments by Joseph

Joseph, the first son of Fausat, was asked over the telephone why he declared his mother dead when she was not. He said he did not have any comments. What of the corpse he identified in the morgue as his mother’s? He said he did not have any thing to say. When asked who he buried in the casket he brought for the funeral on June 13, he switched off the phone.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/2/502.html
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by DeepZone: 9:32am On Aug 04, 2008
Money will kill people in this world.
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by MrCrackles(m): 9:34am On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Money will kill people in this world.

abi, the thirst and hunger for money is beyond something that can be remedied or dealt with!
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by DeepZone: 9:56am On Aug 04, 2008
abi, the thirst and hunger for money is beyond something that can be remedied or dealt with!
Not in some people. They are so hungry for money that they can accept to be buried alive hoping to resurrect rich after 3 days.
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by MrCrackles(m): 9:58am On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Not in some people. They are so hungry for money that they can accept to be buried alive hoping to resurrect rich after 3 days.
grin u tlk some real funny shit at times!hehe
yeah definitely, not in some people!
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by AloyEmeka9: 10:45am On Aug 04, 2008
The love of money is the root of all evil.
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by DeepZone: 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2008
u tlk some real funny shit at times!hehe
yeah definitely, not in some people!
oooh yes.
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by ifyalways(f): 11:45pm On Aug 04, 2008
this is unbelieveable shocked shocked shocked
whats this generation turning to?
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by Feu: 12:44am On Aug 05, 2008
It is a crazy world out there. embarassed
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by DeepZone: 4:25am On Aug 05, 2008
this is unbelieveable Shocked Shocked Shocked
whats this generation turning to?

Godless sons and daughters of EVe.
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by tRoOE(f): 4:37am On Aug 05, 2008
People will do crazy shit for money, even kill their own damn family!!!what a shame
Naija people are so greed
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by iice(f): 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2008
Kai
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by ssRhino: 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2008
wonder when or if property/will war will ever end in Nigeria
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by DeepZone: 2:20am On Aug 06, 2008
wonder when or if property/will war will ever end in Nigeria

It's not only in Nigeria, it's everywhere in the world.
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by hadiza30(f): 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2008
shocked shocked :oHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMM lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by AloyEmeka9: 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2008
owo ekoooo wolonshe!
Re: Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! by Nobody: 2:49am On Aug 07, 2008
oti o embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Mass Arrest: Nigeria Demands Details From Us / Slap By Pastor Or Violiation By Ex-governor: Which Is Better / Breaking News: Nigerian Police Shoot Dead An Okada Man @ Ilupeju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.