Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 (34366 Views)

RCCG To Commission 12milion Capacity Auditorium. At The 63 Annual Convention / RCCG To Build New Camp Auditorium Along Lagos-Ibadan Express way / Why Do Criminals Always Run To Rccg To Seek God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 11:45am On Jan 01, 2014
dorox:
Trust me, your Daddy G.O Adeboye that asked you to fast will not forgo a single morsel of his cherished Amala with Okra and stew.
I hope when you see your Daddy G.O and his family looking all the more refreshed with shiny oily faces in contrast with your spent out haggard emaciated look that you would not be so foolish as to think they were fed by the Holy Spirit.

Not Daddy Enoch Adejare Adeboye that I know; if he ask you to fast 100 days; he will do at least 120 days,he will start before you and long after you completed yours he will still be fasting........................So please what you don't know don't sin ............God bless you sir
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by anonimi: 11:46am On Jan 01, 2014
Adeboye's declaration of fasting WITHOUT SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE and VERIFIABLE outcome for the participants is simply a scam. shocked
Those in doubt should check the FACTS from the Bible about the fasts that Jesus engaged in or recommended.

Moreover below is the type of fast that pleases the God who sent Jesus Christ here and whom Adeboye and his likes CLAIM to represent to their numerous gullible folks who wait for an helper like the impotent man at the pool of Bethesda rather than engage their God-given talents, skills, time and long-suffering pragmatic patience for personal & communal success:

The Right Observance of Fasts

Cry aloud, [1] spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours. [2]
4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day [3] for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord?
6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy [4] burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rereward.
9 Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
11 And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, [5] and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

More from: http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=Isaiah+58&ver=kjv

Is the real fast described here not what our white "superiors" practice routinely and receive the divine benefits such that we are pouring out in our millions through deserts, oceans, seas to become voluntary slaves and socio-economic EXILES in their lands while we deceive ourselves that we in diaspora
Any chance that the scales might fall off our eyes and brains sometime soon?

4 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 01, 2014
He should have his head checked. He might have said such under the influence of alcohol.

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by anonimi: 11:48am On Jan 01, 2014
Omooba77:

Not Daddy Enoch Adejare Adeboye that I know; if he ask you to fast 100 days; he will do at least 120 days,he will start before you and long after you completed yours he will still be fasting........................So please what you don't know don't sin ............God bless you sir

Are we to understand that you not only live with him in his house but are also with him 24 hours even when he sleeps, right

2 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by cold(m): 11:50am On Jan 01, 2014
100 days fasting? Pray tell,what good will this do besides harming yourselves? Nigerians ooh chai! Make una try dey give una self brain na. Don't wheel in your stvpidity into 2014. Na beg i dey beg una

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 01, 2014
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by simdam500(m): 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
It is well
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Shekson(m): 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
All iz well. I wldnt want to enter into any argument regardin individual choices. Though, I am averse to the idea, I absolutely respect individual choices.
As for those fasting, wld also want to add that fasting entails not only deprivation of food. Ι̥τ̲̅ also entails cleansing of one's soul, attitude, thoughts and actions. Yu shld endeavour to incorporate all these.
9gerians need an improved mentality. So dat these bad habits won't soil our fastings and prayers.

May the star of Nigeria shine brighter for generations to come.

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
anonimi:

Are we to understand that you not only live with him in his house but are also with him 24 hours even when he sleeps, right

God will show mercy, but of what I know I tell...............
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2014
captcochrane:

asse!! so na ur fasting dey keep ppl alive?

nd u tink naija is not @ war?

smh

www.nairaland.com/1508981/30-most-powerful-photos-ever

Pls u need to knw what it means to be @ war. Check that link.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 01, 2014
9jaSceptic:

You guys are opening in where firms get wider coverage, more customers and low transportation cost, why should you think of sitting an infant firm on the express? you just killed it at it's inception , we need them in urban centres ma mein.

And how was Mowe like b4 d advent of Redemption camp? 3 things bring about exposure/civilisation and dey are 1. School, 2. Church 3. Industry. Tell me y d northern part is still in stone age? Get ur facts right bro.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Nasty22(m): 12:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
9jaSceptic: Nigerians muslim fast for fourty days yearly And Christians fast for 40 days and Forty Nights, But that don't make either of these people the richest, the most successful, the least successful in life, Adherents of both religion experience good and bad(both fall sick, both die, both progress) of life as they trasverse this temporal abode called earth, fast all you want, there can never be stable electricity next year, stable power , end to corruption In 9ja.

Fasting is not the Solution to 9ja's problem, tell you GO to invest in the Unemployed youth of his church who'll be fasting for the purpose of getting a job and reduce the number of church houses been built, so that firms that needs these properties turned to church house could make efficient use of them and reduce unemployment and little or nobody will need to fast.

Fast all you want
At sum point u wer makin point buh u lost it wen u refer 2 sum churches shud b sold...note:"no amount of church is 2mch" rada brothels, nyt clubs e.t.c shud b converted 2sumfin meaninful dat wil hlp 2 reduce unemployment amongst d youth..tnk u sir
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by anonimi: 12:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
Omooba77:

God will show mercy, but of what I know I tell...............

So what do u know exactly to vouch for his fasting integrity
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by jude33084(m): 12:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
It is good because it gives us a sense of comfort. What we really need in this country is honesty from our leaders.
Omooba77: Members of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) begins 100 days fasting in January 2014, to plead for mercy and shape individual destiny. This is not a show of, but a plea for all members to join in plea to God. The last time something like this was done was in 1993. May God bless every member of RCCG, our leaders, mummy and daddy G.O.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
How many days of fasting and prayers have been held in south korea , brazil , China, Hong kong , ...even Vietnam? And to think that these economies are daily having real growth in their economy!

Nigeria with its false religiosity !

One of my former lecturers died on the way to the over-hyped redemption camp in a road traffic accident....mtcheeew!

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by stagger: 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
9jaSceptic: Nigerians muslim fast for thirty days yearly And Christians fast for 40 days and Forty Nights, But that don't make either of these people the richest, the most successful, the least successful in life, Adherents of both religion experience good and bad(both fall sick, both die, both progress) of life as they trasverse this temporal abode called earth, fast all you want, there can never be stable electricity next year, stable power , end to corruption In 9ja.

Fasting is not the Solution to 9ja's problem, tell you GO to invest in the Unemployed youth of his church who'll be fasting for the purpose of getting a job and reduce the number of church houses been built, so that firms that needs these properties turned to church house could make efficient use of them and reduce unemployment and little or nobody will need to fast.

Fast all you want

And what have you contributed to solving these problems?
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2014
Oduduwaboy: How many days of fasting and prayers have been held in south korea , brazil , China, Hong kong , ...even Vietnam? And to think that these economies are daily having real growth in their economy!

Nigeria with its false religiosity !

One of my former lecturers died on the way to the over-hyped redemption camp in a road traffic accident....mtcheeew!

Pastor Young Cho will answer for South Korea................
Lazy man will always complain of his tools. Let us go for hard work and trust in God, rather than condemning others for our predicament......God bless and a wonderful new year...

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by CooldudeY2J: 1:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
100 days fasting and prayers 'eleyi gidi gan' grace to all willing to participate and as 4 those hating have u heard of hurricane hayan, katrina etc u tink nija is immune?
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by tomakint: 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
manny4life: The service was GREAT, as I begin my 100 days of fasting, GOD grant us his grace..... This is a year of OVERFLOW.
Happy New Year my Friend!
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by dorox(m): 1:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
thisisayus: why do u think your likes are still alive? Your power? Y is the country not @ war?
You tell me why i am still alive and some of your members died last year. Nigeria is already at war since there are places the government is fighting to take control of.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Omooba77: Members of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) begins 100 days fasting in January 2014, to plead for mercy and shape individual destiny. This is not a show off, but a plea for all members to join in plea to God. The last time something like this was done was in 1993. May God bless every member of RCCG, our leaders, mummy and daddy G.O.
May God help me to participate fully....may God help us all.....we shall all laugh this year 2014

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 01, 2014
Omooba77: Members of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) begins 100 days fasting in January 2014, to plead for mercy and shape individual destiny. This is not a show off, but a plea for all members to join in plea to God. The last time something like this was done was in 1993. May God bless every member of RCCG, our leaders, mummy and daddy G.O.
May God help me to participate fully....may God help us all.....we shall all laugh this year 2014...as we begin the fasting..we shall experience THE OVERFLOW

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by akinvest(m): 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
Omooba77:

I'm not the spoke's person, but go to all the Provincial offices, they have staff, maintenance staff,engineers................etc. Not to talk of RCCG camp (Redemption camp) that employs more than 2000 people. God bless you sir, we can always believe in what we want..
Sir, nobody ask u 2 fast & pray, u don't need kill ur self about GO's instruction, if u like join d prayer & fasting if u didn't keep quiet.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 2:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
akinvest: Sir, nobody ask u 2 fast & pray, u don't need kill ur self about GO's instruction, if u like join d prayer & fasting if u didn't keep quiet.
God bless you and may God do us good in 2014..................................
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by joaquin64(m): 2:20pm On Jan 01, 2014
Somehow one of you here has managed to turn this topic into a politico-economic argument. Leave them alone let them fast in peace. To each his own. May God hear their prayers, amen.

For me? 100 days? Nah. I gym.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
Omooba77:

Pastor Young Cho will answer for South Korea................
Lazy man will always complain of his tools. Let us go for hard work and trust in God, rather than condemning others for our predicament......God bless and a wonderful new year...

...which pastor takes the glory for the economic and social stability plus advancement of the United Arab Emirates?

Continue letting sweet talking , gentle-faced men of god keep making merchandise of you. Cheers bro!
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

...which pastor takes the glory for the economic and social stability plus advancement of the United Arab Emirates?

Continue letting sweet talking , gentle-faced men of god keep making merchandise of you. Cheers bro!
Ok sir; go and read about the industralisation of Europe and America and see the part Church played......
Sir, none one will ever force you to pay offering or give tithes............

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by dorox(m): 2:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
Omooba77:
Ok sir; go and read about the industralisation of Europe and America and see the part Church played......
Sir, none one will ever force you to pay offering or give tithes............
On the contrary, Europe stagnated for centuries under the burden of religion, it was only of the church lost its hold on power and Europeans became more secular that progress came to their land.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by IfyAwazie(f): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2014
Omooba77:
Amen oh, may God answer all our prayers and strengthen our inner man in Jesus name
Amen
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by IfyAwazie(f): 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
lolaxavier:

Naija pastors with their hollow prophecies. Even as dumb as Tonto is, she knows all these things are yearly events that are bound to happen. You need no soothsayer to predict this... the faith of Nigeria getting decided in 2014, this is a broad term, which makes no absolute sense...
Lol. Tonto don suffer for una hand.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by zyzxx(m): 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
dorox:
Trust me, your Daddy G.O Adeboye that asked you to fast will not forgo a single morsel of his cherished Amala with Okra and stew.
I hope when you see your Daddy G.O and his family looking all the more refreshed with shiny oily faces in contrast with your spent out haggard emaciated look at the end of your fasting period that you would not be so foolish as to think they were fed by the Holy Spirit.
dis my prayer for u"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:""The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints," (Ephesians 1:17-18
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by dorox(m): 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
zyzxx: dis my prayer for u"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:""The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints," (Ephesians 1:17-18
You appear to need the prayer more than I do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Pastor Obinim Flogs His Church Members For Having Sex Before Marriage / TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.