Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. (41463 Views)

The Man And The Cross / Cross River And Ssce Fraud: My Nysc Experience / The Head And The Tail’s Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 7:02am On Jan 04, 2014
barackodam: Am i d only 1 that seem to tink ds myt b d rong update?
Its not.
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 7:07am On Jan 04, 2014
The thing about this story is that I'm writing it day by day. If you were reading the entire novel I guess it would make more sense. This is what happened the night jenny was in chukwudi's room, this is another victim. We'll still get back to the discussion don't worry although not everything discussed will be mentioned. If it was, it would spoil the upcoming surprisessmiley

3 Likes

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by peterpeteru: 7:28am On Jan 04, 2014
Very well said bro. Keep up d gud work, God bless u more. In fact, 4 dis gr8 job u r doing... Am givin u my grandma! She s 75 and sexy. 4gt dowry.

1 Like

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 04, 2014
Nice write up, royver
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 7:37am On Jan 04, 2014
peterpeteru: Very well said bro. Keep up d gud work, God bless u more. In fact, 4 dis gr8 job u r doing... Am givin u my grandma! She s 75 and sexy. 4gt dowry.
grin grin angry tongue smiley
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 7:38am On Jan 04, 2014
mZ sleeq: Nice write up, royver
thans ma
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 04, 2014
na wa o. I deliberately unfollowed this thread so in a few days time I'll come back to meet a lot of update. just three update since last year. anyway may ur source of inspiration never run dry. update sharpaly a beg....I dey wait. grin
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 04, 2014
wow royver I see u viewing! I hope you're preparing ur update right now
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by benedictilemona(m): 7:47am On Jan 04, 2014
D dreaam he had z nw hapenin....luvin dis story,mehn ur ar gifted.......roy tel dem mak dem giv me my seat b4 hmmmmmm wetin hapun 1254 go hapun oooo
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2014
Stephenomozzy: barack is somehow correct ooo... The previous post and this last one are not that connected o......jenny and chucks are supposed to be having that discussion.........
if u read novels a lot you'd know dat the post dont av to be connected. its part of the twist and turns. let's be patient and we'll see how the story will unfold

1 Like

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by janetDurling(f): 8:05am On Jan 04, 2014
peterpeteru: Very well said bro. Keep up d gud work, God bless u more. In fact, 4 dis gr8 job u r doing... Am givin u my grandma! She s 75 and sexy. 4gt dowry.
Lmao....funny guy
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Stephenomozzy(m): 10:00am On Jan 04, 2014
booqee: if u read novels a lot you'd know dat the post dont av to be connected. its part of the twist and turns. let's be patient and we'll see how the story will unfold
thanks sha, bt the magic pen holder (Sir Royver) has clarified the stuff.....it all part of the learning process for us (i'm nt just reading, i'm learning from every phrase and word in every update made).......
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Megaflex(m): 10:02am On Jan 04, 2014
Wow Roy, U got me holding ma seat tyt and silently screamin * Oh nooooo*. Keep d update comin; I'm sure followin dis 2 d end

1 Like

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by barackodam: 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
It betta not be all those stories u wunt complete, or else, na mad man nyash i go take swear 4 u

grin undecided tongue angry
decaprico: Nairalanders an exciting mystical story is ready To be explore... just click the link below www.nairaland.com/1576519/dairy-ric-wardson
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Buddydogg(m): 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
still followinq...... wink

1 Like

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Kslib(m): 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
cheesy Lucky girl, not everyone often gets such luck.

1 Like

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Ishilove: 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Royver: The thing about this story is that I'm writing it day by day. If you were reading the entire novel I guess it would make more sense. This is what happened the night jenny was in chukwudi's room, this is another victim. We'll still get back to the discussion don't worry although not everything discussed will be mentioned. If it was, it would spoil the upcoming surprisessmiley
It makes perfect sense to me.

Why do I have this feeling that the Lebanese guy is this werewolf/leopard creature?

1 Like

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by JumaiM(f): 12:34am On Jan 05, 2014
ministerblessed: My dear Royver,my love,dis is beautiful......... And am calmly following u to d end!
I'm also inluv wif Royver. Hope u dont mind sharing sis? sad. Royver, will also follow u to d end... take me as I am plsss[ :-
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by barackodam: 12:53am On Jan 05, 2014
decaprico: The first of it's kind!... The first innovative Angels -Vampires story!!!... it's exciting, very exciting!!! just click the link

oga ade, enuf of ur spamming o, ds place no b junkyard
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 2:23am On Jan 05, 2014
“It’s not what you think,” she said. “I’m not here to hurt you or anything like that. It’s just…what you have, it drives me crazy. It’s like I’m a bee being drawn to honey.”

I continued to watch her silently as she adjusted a little on my bed. She had since come over her shocking transformation in my room and was now drinking a glass of water I had offered her. Everything was so clear to me now, I could see her aura, her passion, I could almost even hear her thoughts. I was more alert than I had been since my last encounter with Mr A**** and I was not in a very good mood.

“You tried to seduce me, you more or less put me under a spell the moment you saw me, you wanted to make me yours by sleeping with me and taking my powers…which part of any of these did not involve hurting me?!”

“The seduction part?” she said with a wry smile. I frowned and she had that look of alarm in her face again before calming down.

“What’s that about, anyway?”I said angrily.

“What?” she asked.

“Anytime I get upset with you, you have this frightened look on your face…”

“Well,” she said, “you need to see your own aura when you are upset. It lights up in violent flames, as if you want to turn everything around you
to ashes.”

She was right. i did feel like I could set everything on fire if I wanted to. I was actually angry at myself for being so blind as to be almost used by this pretty damsel. I was so angry in fact, that I had my sight fully open, I could feel spiritual energy coursing through my veins and for a moment I felt I was going to have a fit. I closed my eyes and tried to get a hold of myself and then I opened them and saw jenny looking at me with apprehension. It was a bit difficult remaining angry with Jenny for long; she seemed so delicate. I took a deep breath and tried to calm down.

“So, which part of this business trip is my effort and which part is yours?” I asked.

She looked a little surprised. “I have already told you, my influence stopped at making sure I saw the man who had such an alluring and powerful voice. The rest of it was all you.”

“I’d hate to think I got here through any way other than my own effort…” I said.

“Even if you did, it wouldn’t be your fault because you didn’t solicit for help. Come on, I’m telling you the truth. I promised I would.”

“Okay then”, I replied. “What were you planning to do to me the moment you had me under your power?”

“Had you under my power?” she laughed. “It seems you do not know your own strength, Chukwudi. There is no way I would have been able to
control you, I just wanted to get you in a position where I could…er…manipulate you into doing favors for me.”

“Like what?” I asked.

“Well, someone like you would have a lot of pull…or influence in the spirit realm, having you by my side would have made me more formidable to…er…competitors.”

“There’s more of you?” I asked incredulously.

“Why so surprised?” she said smiling, “human beings are all over the place, what makes you think we mer-people won’t be the same?”

I sighed. But I was much calmer inwardly now. I knew that she was more frightened of me than I was of her though I still wasn’t sure why. I guess it had to do with what she thought I could do, things I obviously wasn’t aware of.

“So how did you get your powers chuks?” she asked. “I see no dark light in you so you can’t be a ritualist or anything like that.”

“I’m a Christian.” I said.

“I know,” she replied. “I can see the seal that identifies true followers of the Son of GOD on you. And the worn hilt of your two-edged sword
indicates that you have been close to your guardian angel for a long time, although I cannot see him anywhere”.

“I have a sword?” I exclaimed. Chukwudi had mentioned something about this a long time ago. “How do I use it? Can I use it here?”

“How should I know?” she asked. “It’s your sword. Haven’t you drawn it from its hilt before?”

I hadn’t experienced anybody describing the manifested me before and it was a bit unnerving. I decided to change the subject.

“Tell me about the ring” I said.

She looked down at the silver ring that was once again encircling her index finger. It shone brightly and on closer inspection I could see small embers of fire, blue and hazy, emanating from it.

“It became necessary after I talked to you for the first time. Your voice alone caused me to manifest in my office. I passed out after talking to you.” She saw the alarmed look on my face and smiled. “Don’t worry, nobody read anything into it. But my curiosity was aroused. I wanted to meet you, see what kind of man you were, but I knew if I came in close contact with you I would probably manifest again, so I got the ring.

“What does it do?”I asked.

“It sort of scrambles powers, sometimes drains them. It keeps the person it affects deeply embedded in this earth realm and so he doesn’t see things that go on in the spirit realm. Even with it on, it was still difficult to suppress your Sight, but it enabled me to work my seductive charms on you. I don’t understand though, it should have worked in that area at least. You must really love your fiancé.

“Yeah, she’s an absolute angel.” I said.

She looked at me with those piercing eyes, “I wish I could experience the kind of love you have for her. Most of the men I have come across are more interested in my looks than in my personality. It gets quite irritating after a while. I don’t even need to use any charm on them, I just smile and they fall at my feet. I eventually get what I want from them without having to use any magic whatsoever.”

“You get what you want? How do you mean?”

She sighed. “I’m not evil Chuks…”

“That point is very debatable.” I countered.

“Well I’m telling you that I’m not! I can be labeled bad, naughty, a cheat maybe, but I’m not evil. We mermaids are individuals like any other race, we have the good, the bad and the ugly among us as well and I’m telling you, when you see an evil mermaid, you’ll know.” She replied indignantly.

“So what did you mean by you get what you want?” I asked.

“Haven’t you used your sight to gain a favor or two before? Haven’t you used it to help you choose friends, stay close to those that would benefit you? Do you call that being evil? I have used my beauty to make my transition to success smooth but that hardly classifies me as being evil. Other ordinary girls do the same.”

I heard a beeping sound and I looked at my watch. It was already 5pm. How time flies when you are having fun. Or interrogating a mermaid.

“You’ll have to go. I want to have some rest and talk to my Nina. Then there are some files I have to work on before tomorrow, right?” I said.

“Or you could let me stay the night, knowing who and what I am, knowing I’m as much under your power now as you were almost under mine,
and I’ll persuade the boss to move the deadline tomorrow.” She said.

“Wow,” I whistled, “You don’t give up easily do you?”

“No I do not sir.” She said and smiled again. No matter how many times she smiled I couldn’t get tired of it. It was uncanny. “Is there any other
thing you want to ask me?”

“Yeah,” I said, “how come you could see the leopard in the field?”

“I’m a mermaid, chuks. My vision though the veil is not torn out when I come into this realm. Anyone with half a gift for seeing things others
cannot see would have seen the leopard.”

“So was it a kind of test? For me, to get me off guard or to prove my powers?” I asked curiously.

She stopped smiling then and her face looked scared again. “Actually, I see a lot of things on this job, things I would rather not talk about,
maybe because I have nobody to talk about it to…but, that leopard has been there since the day we arrived in Asaba a week ago. Sometimes the leopard appears well fed and quiet, and at other times it seems agitated, hungry and even angry. The first time I saw it I mistook it for Mr Bells pet but then the next day I saw two leopards and one of them had two tails. One of them was Sidney of course and the other was the manifestation. Sidney saw it as well and paid obeisance to it. Nobody knew why Mr bells’ leopard was behaving the way it was but I knew…”

“Wait, back up! Sidney can see the manifested leopard?” I said quite surprised.

“Why of course,” she replied. “Sidney can see everything, he does belong to the cat family, and their eyes are even sharper than ours. Sidney
knows what I am and always becomes wary when I’m near him. I don’t like cats much either whether big or small so I try to avoid him.”

“So, then, If you were not the one that conjured up the leopard then who did?”

Jenny met my eyes. “I think one of our staff is a man-animal.”

11 Likes

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by barackodam: 2:46am On Jan 05, 2014
Ghen ghen!

Ere sese bere ni
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by simplebabs: 4:01am On Jan 05, 2014
God bless you my Royver. This story sounds so real to me, may I ask, is it real or just fiction and figment of your sound imagination? Pls help my curiosity. Am enjoying every bit of your thought provoking story and it keeps me at the edget of my seat always while looking for more. More and deeper inspiration to you bro.
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by barackodam: 5:46am On Jan 05, 2014
simplebabs: God bless you my Royver. This story sounds so real to me, may I ask, is it real or just fiction and figment of your sound imagination? Pls help my curiosity. Am enjoying every bit of your thought provoking story and it keeps me at the edget of my seat always while looking for more. More and deeper inspiration to you bro.

na fikshun
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Ice4jez(m): 7:36am On Jan 05, 2014
My. Main man royver .u re very talented. pls write dat book cos pple like me will surely buy it
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2014
Ice4jez: My. Main man royver .u re very talented. pls write dat book cos pple like me will surely buy it
Thanks smiley
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2014
barackodam:

na fikshun
Hmmmmmmn....

Na fiction o, no mind me smiley
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by rukyboy(m): 9:33am On Jan 05, 2014
Keep it up royer.
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 9:47am On Jan 05, 2014
rukyboy: Keep it up royer.
I'll do my best. thanks.
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 10:49am On Jan 05, 2014
mZ sleeq: Nice write up, royver
Thanks mZ!
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 10:52am On Jan 05, 2014
booqee: na wa o. I deliberately unfollowed this thread so in a few days time I'll come back to meet a lot of update. just three update since last year. anyway may ur source of inspiration never run dry. update sharpaly a beg....I dey wait. grin
Updates are usually once a day as time permits me. If e too bad I go try update twice a week but the only time am usually free is at night.
Thanks for watching lipsrsealed reading grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Short Story Competition / Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story / Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.