Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Crisis Engulfs Ohanaeze Ndigbo Over Jonathan’s Largesse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis Engulfs Ohanaeze Ndigbo Over Jonathan’s Largesse (558 Views)

Okorocha Reconciles Ohanaeze Ndigbo Warring Factions (pic) / 'Those Who Squandered Jonathan’s 'N2 Trillion' Campaign Largesse' - Encomium / Picture: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Congratulates Muhammadu Buhari - The Sun. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis Engulfs Ohanaeze Ndigbo Over Jonathan’s Largesse by solapex: 9:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
nts

Feelers from Ohanaeze Ndigbo on Thursday indicated that the group might split after the Christmas festivity.

A source told The PUNCH that the pan-Igbo socio-cultural organisation had been engulfed in crisis since after a secret visit of its leaders to President Goodluck Jonathan.

The source, who is a prominent member of the group, alleged that the delegation received N30m from the Presidency and another N10m from the Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah.

He claimed the N10m from Oduah was to appreciate the group’s solidarity for her during her ordeal over the N255m bulletproof jeep saga.

“The cash gift of N40m, which is calculated at supporting President Jonathan for the 2015 election, sparked off the crisis. The whole fight got to the peak when leaders of Ohanaeze  excluded our youths from the sharing formula.

“With the development on the ground, some very strong members of ours are pushing for a split and that could happen by the first or second week of January,” the source said.

Meanwhile, the Concerned Igbo Patriots has also alleged that with the secret visit to Aso Rock, the current leadership of the Ohanaeze might have started trading with Ndigbo interest again like their predecessors did in the run-up to 2011 elections.

The CIP,  in a text message to our correspondent, also argued that the delegation to Aso Rock was a faction of Ohanaeze under Gary Igariwe, just as it kicked against Eze Cletus Ilomuanya leading Igbo traditional rulers to such a meeting.

The CIP leader said, “They will sell Ndigbo as Ralph Uwechue did. Prof. Ben Nwabueze is the Igbo spokesman for the National Conference.”

However, Secretary General of the Ohanaeze, Dr. Joe Nwaorgu, dismissed the alleged cash gifts to the delegation as “a fabrication by faceless scary minds, which should not command my comment.”

More Stories in News

CHAN 2014: Mba doubtful for Super Eagles, says team official

December 26th, 2013 / Comments Read Full Story
Christmas in camp, price for World Cup ticket, says Falconets’ captain

Nigerian pilgrims visit holy sites in Galilee, Capernaum

http://www.punchng.com/news/crisis-engulfs-ohanaeze-ndigbo-over-jonathans-largesse/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Crisis Engulfs Ohanaeze Ndigbo Over Jonathan’s Largesse by bloggernaija: 11:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
No surprise there.
They are already eating their Niger bridge .
Meanwhile , the SW has bullied drunken master out of a seaport and
The fisherman is already building an $ 8 billion dollars port in bayelsa .
We are already bullying him on the olokola LNG
while the SS - brass LNG
North- numerous dam projects
Amaechi is bullying him on Port harcourt airport and the massive world bank supported water project.

LATER , THEY WILL SHOUT MARGINALISATION
Re: Crisis Engulfs Ohanaeze Ndigbo Over Jonathan’s Largesse by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hmmm... Na wa o! Someone else should comment on my behalf. I have nothing to say. "Shaking my head in utter shame" embarassed
Re: Crisis Engulfs Ohanaeze Ndigbo Over Jonathan’s Largesse by khamas19: 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
....selling ur birth right for a bowl of porridge..

..typical ...just typical of these people...

..to them everything has a price tag... smh
Re: Crisis Engulfs Ohanaeze Ndigbo Over Jonathan’s Largesse by Abok1(m): 11:27pm On Dec 26, 2013

If the so called leaders are the ones fighting over crumbs falling down from the tables of the Ventripotent thieves in power, what should we expect from the youths. Rather than standing up for what is right, they would rather sell the future of their children for a miserly 40 million. I still can't get myself to believe that a sane group of representative of an ethnic group would sell out for 40 million, in the face of neglect and the abject poverty currently ravishing their enclaves.

The empty promises of shangri-la are yet to be fulfilled three years after the previous election which brought in the Nelipot president, they would rather keep quiet and resign to their wanweird.

I weep for Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

One Killed, 10 Injured As Police And MASSOB Members Clash In Onitsha / Barak Obama's Speech For The Beginning Of Ramadhan. / You And What Army Waka Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.