Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth (57179 Views)

Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! / Special Report: Confessions Of A (ghanaian) Gold Scammer / Nigerian Youth Should Learn Money Making From (dangote) Worlds Richest Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by coachwilcox(m): 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2: don't mind the modafaka! he's not even ashamed to say he lives in Ghana! rubbish mumugerian

Guy. If u dispute any of these facts then tackle them. Attack the fact and not the person. By the way, I was posted here by my company to run the business and I'm very aware these facts are true. U dispute them? Then prove me wrong. Else eat some kenke and fish, sip club beer and go to sleep cause ur posts are meaningless and we dont need them here.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by shogz89: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
torgbe: the cry babies at it again..Nairaland with Gh topics abi..
shut that stingy mouth up nd crawl back to Ur cage
look at how stupid you are...... ..STINGY MOUTH..
Just read your message and make necessary correction you illetrate
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by otumfour(m): 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2:

In sh1tnigeria, young girls are impregnated and kept in secret locations. When they give birth, the babies are taken away and sold to the highest bidder! LOL. Just like they do for animals..like goats,sheep and cows! and they call it baby factories! muhahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin omo naija don tire

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by agadez007(m): 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
mikeapollo:

Go and see the number of Nigerians girls doing prostituition on the streets of Ghana! You would be shocked. Every corner in Accra is full of Nigerian prostitutes.....from teenagers to adults
i doubt this,nigerian ashawos in ghana,,what money do they make there when ghanaian girls are very loose and give out their punanies like hell
the ghana girls in my area dont need money just take them to the roadside food restaurant and buy them 100 donkunu abi na dunkunu(how is it spelt self?) and they are yours for the night
ghana girls can be cheap

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
coachwilcox:

Guy. If u dispute any of these facts then tackle them. Attack the fact and not the person. By the way, I was posted here by my company to run the business and I'm very aware these facts are true. U dispute them? Then prove me wrong. Else eat some kenke and fish, sip club beer and go to sleep cause ur posts are meaningless and we dont need them here.

Can you tell me how many nigerians have access to electricity, potable water, motorable roads, personal security, quality education, health care? What is the infant mortality rate in nigeria? What is the maternal mortality rate?

I understand your fragile, generator fumes-compromised brain works only part of the time, but at least your low IQ can allow for some low-level research, which will confirm what most of you are- deluded lunatics! LOL.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by solomon111(m): 1:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
lol.
Funny thread.
I don't know why people keep bringing threads when its obvious the ghanians don't like it.
Btw,why would anyone want to go to ghana in the first place?.
You have more opportunities in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by dabossman(m): 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
rhymz: You are q lier, which Nepa charges you 9k every month for 10 days supply.....nigga I live in Lagos too in a 3-bedroom flat apartment, I don't pay 9k as Nepa bills.....I doubt if Egbeda or idimu or iyana ipaja has costlier apartments than surulere where I live, so what's your point.

I'll be the bigger man and not resort to insults. I'll simply state the facts. Nepa rations power in my hood. They have a one day on-one day off load shedding timetable going on. The so-called one day on is barely between 8-10hrs long yet I get a bill of between 8-9K a month. If you find that hard to believe, I'm sorry but I can't help you.

As for the rent issue, Nairaland has a property section. Visit it and see for yourself how much they pay in those neighborhoods.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
agadez007: i doubt this,nigerian ashawos in ghana,,what money do they make there when ghanaian girls are very loose and give out their punanies like hell
the ghana girls in my area dont need money just take them to the roadside food restaurant and buy them 100 donkunu abi na dunkunu(how is it spelt self?) and they are yours for the night
ghana girls can be cheap
hahahahah ape,mor0n. you see to rate your nigerian girls high huh? come to Ghana and see what your ashewos are doing here.

Accra- Nigerian Prostitutes Arrested By GIS grin

About 40 foreigners have been rounded up by the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) in a swoop on the dawn of Sunday at T-Club at La in Accra.

Eyewitnesses say the club which no longer operating is residence to many foreigners, mostly Nigerian women who work as prostitutes.

Narrating the incident to Citi News, an eyewitness Emmanuel Ashie stated that “around 5:50am, the security men surrounded the area, gave some warning shots and started bringing everybody out.”

According to him, the arrested persons were conveyed in a bus to the headquarters of the GIS.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by coachwilcox(m): 1:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2:

Can you tell me how many nigerians have access to electricity, potable water, motorable roads, personal security, quality education, health care? What is the infant mortality rate in nigeria? What is the maternal mortality rate?

I understand your fragile, generator fumes-compromised brain works only part of the time, but at least your low IQ can allow for some low-level research, which will confirm what most of you are- deluded lunatics! LOL.

Mr Petrodollars. Its obvious u went to some tourism institute in gh as you cannot even make a logical statement. If u see me on d streets of accra u cant even approach me cause I'm running things in ur country. I posted 10 irrefutable facts about Ghana and u cannot even dispute them. Instead all u do is spew thrash from ur kenke oozing mouth. While naija boys are caning ur girls, shutting down ur bars just to drink water, buying cabs to assist boys like u to make a living, and paying prime rent that ur peeps cannot afford in ur country.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by coachwilcox(m): 1:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2: hahahahah ape,mor0n. you see to rate your nigerian girls high huh? come to Ghana and see what your ashewos are doing here.

Accra- Nigerian Prostitutes Arrested By GIS grin

About 40 foreigners have been rounded up by the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) in a swoop on the dawn of Sunday at T-Club at La in Accra.

Eyewitnesses say the club which no longer operating is residence to many foreigners, mostly Nigerian women who work as prostitutes.

Narrating the incident to Citi News, an eyewitness Emmanuel Ashie stated that “around 5:50am, the security men surrounded the area, gave some warning shots and started bringing everybody out.”

According to him, the arrested persons were conveyed in a bus to the headquarters of the GIS.

Guy. I'm guessing its better than ur 15 to 16 yr old ghana girls giving birth to bastards and screwing ard for mere indomie, units and 20gh

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 1:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by coachwilcox(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
@Petrodollaz

Guy. I'm guessing its better than ur 15 to 16 yr old ghana girls giving birth to bastards and screwing ard for mere indomie, units and 20gh
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by coachwilcox(m): 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
torgbe: came back home for the xmas n very amazed at the rise in number of nigger-area gurlz practicing their damn service on our streets..I sometimes wonder who the phuck patronise this urggly bleached bittchezz

I most def believe they are soughted by their igbo hustlers here in GH. .I just weep for naija at times

@Torgbe and Apollo

Everytime I give a Ghana girl a ride and I've finished screwing her after a bottle of Club, banku and tilapia, I see pathetic b!tch a$$ niggz like u guys staring with beef. My babes dey even charge correct money. Urs go just come my haus for E Legon and na straff straight. Naija boys abr33 tongue
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by ocelot2006(m): 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
torgbe: seems u haven't heard what other Africans say abt naija?? the same Liberia u talking of hates naija like sh*t.. have u ever wondered why other Afrikan countries are chasing y'all out

I believe its tym for u guys to sit back n do some deep thinking on why u are hated dat much...I'm part Liberian nd I can speak on authority that Ghana is the country most loved by us.

Ghanaians mind their business n y'all still hating,just allow us enjoy our tranquility

Huh.....funny, 'cos you werent making this much noise when our soldiers saved your country men and family from being slaughtered during your bloody civil war. TWICE.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by solomon111(m): 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
Chai.
So naija prostitutes dey ghana.
Smh.
Anyway,Nigeria is already a haven for prostitutes from all over west africa,eastern-europe and china.
No big deal.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by coachwilcox(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
By the way, the word ashawo is a ghanaian word. The trade was popularised in Naija years when Ghanaians were in full action in Naija.

Ghanaian babes dont even need to become official prostitutes cause deir mothers and grannies were already same in those days and now dey just operate from home.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by tonychristopher: 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
Lazy Ghanaians PLEASE Stand Up!
Let’s say your name is Rajak. You are a member
of a small community outside of Atebubu in the
Brong Ahafo region. People there are largely
herders and small farm workers. You finished
SHS but you didn’t pass enough of your exams
to warrant entry into university. Even if you had
gone to university, you probably could not have
afforded to attend. Let’s say that you find out
about a chance to work with The National Youth
Employment Program (NYEP) to act as a teaching
assistant for some of the students in your very
own village. These are people that you grew up
with, your own sisters and brothers and
you take some pride in what you are doing.
Nevertheless, you have signed a contract that
guarantees you a very moderate 95 GHC each
month (I reiterate EACH MONTH). It’s not much,
but it could go a long
NYE
way for you. So you start the work in earnest,
reaping the intrinsic reward of helping your
community and looking forward to the income. A
month passes, two more months pass and you
still have not received pay. So what do you do
at the sixth month when there is no money but
you are spending lorry fare to come to work? Or
maybe in debt to people who lent you money
for various incidentals over the course of the
half year? Would you be horrible for quitting?
But if you quit, what else are you going to do
for income? Farming? Petty trade? Sakawa?! This
is a true story… and as I speak, thousands of
young people have yet to receive payments
from NYEP because of their ongoing investigation
with corruption , ghost names and other forms
of extortion. #foolery
It seems we have adopted
this same backwards logic.
I get really annoyed when people just say
Ghanaians have poor work ethic. As if the
British colonists noticed Ghanaians lazying
around and found they would make excellent
laborers in the New America. As If the fact that
every Ghanaian is literally working 3 or 4
different hustles and seizing every opportunity
as a ‘business opportunity isn’t some sort of
proof that people are out here trying to get
ahead and better their lot. People discuss
Ghanaian labor as though there is something
intrinsic… almost innate about the fact that
people do not want to exert their greatest effort
in exchange for a great reward. The issue is the
institutions. It’s the gate-keepers. Who is doing
quality control? Who is making sure that
everyone gets a fair chance? Having seen the
way Ghanaians go SO hard in the States ,
sending large portions of their income to family
members on the continent, I know first hand
the value of semi-meritocratic institutions.
Funnily, Ghanaians will then shift this ‘lazy black’
rhetoric to African Americans in the states. But
just as with Ghanaians on the continent, African
Americans in the states suffer from the same
issues of institutional oppression reinforced over
decades.
There is a phenomenon I have called the ‘new
slave mentality’ that impacts the work ethic of
blacks all around the world. I have hypothesized
that once people have been freed from their
oppressors, they are eager first to be educated
and then to earn income in a way that will place
them comfortably with or above their white
counterparts. After trying for some time and
realizing that their greatest efforts are
constantly being rebuffed because of their ‘skin
deficit’ (see: killing of Nkrumah, Jim Crow/
segregation,etc.) they lose the spirit to continue
to compete adequately in a system that
continually denies their best efforts. In so doing,
they begin to look for short cuts, easy wins and
sometimes riskier opportunities (Blue Magic
Anyone?). That is what happens in Ghana. That
is what has happened in Black America for the
last 200 years. This is then reinforced when the
few black folks that make it, continue this legacy
of exclusion by shutting the gates of the empire
and ignoring the needs of the millions on the
other side. Whether this becomes a Weberian
revolt, an Arab Spring Uprising or a Les
Miserables rebellion against the heavy handed
kingdom… what weknow is that it has the
tendency to become violent. Fortunately (or
maybe unfortunately), Ghanaians either haven’t
gotten angry enough or do not want to incur the
type of destruction that violence may bring,
even if those very things might actually change
these power structures. It’s just as well because
as it stands, Ghana is continually being praised
slow-clap
and lauded by multilaterals for their domicile
peaceful nature.
Two
slow
claps….
But once you look past those surface level
accolades, you realize that this is feeding into
the ‘lazy African rhetoric’ purported by our very
own Ghanaian elites.
People always tell me it’s because I haven’t
managed anyone in Ghana (I guess managing an
intern and a National Service Volunteer for 3
months doesn’t count.. *shrugs*). I find this
interesting because before I taught in Louisiana,
I was told something similar. That all this talk
that ‘every child can behave if given the right
setting’ was crazy. That there were so many
other factors that controlled how your kids
would act in the classroom. But one thing I
learned from the classroom is that YOU create
YOUR OWN environment. I was definitely
struggling with my students my first year and
the first 3 months of my second year. But both
years, I learned the importance of being
consistent and building trust in my classroom.
The fact is, when they left me each day, they
were going to experience 4 different classroom
settings. I needed to convince them that there
were a set of rights and wrongs that we abided
by, even if it was just 60 minutes out of their
entire school day. Do you know how difficult it is
to reverse YEARS of chaos and suppression!?!?!?!
Eventually, a great majority of my kids under
stood that— in spite of crumbling administrative
and state oversight. Furthermore, there were
other teachers who were willing to adopt this
mindset. That is how we created a strong
seventh grade behavioral system. But it took one
or two of us, first making that change in our
own classes. I believe the same is true of the
Ghanaian work place. So the same logic applies,
Ghanaians (like all human beings) display
excellent work ethic in the face of strong
institutions. The question of which types of
institutions need the most strengthening for the
highest impact is one that we are fully open to
debating… but I think we can agree you at least
need visionary leadership. I am waiting for an
Alan Cash or Dangote to create a whole business
ecosystem with not just the right extrinsic
incentives but a start to finish certification
program that hires, trains, promotes, creates
knowledge communities, etc. I do not see
anyone with a Starbucks- like model of human
resources where people can own shares, get
health insurance for part time work and are
afforded child care and other benefits. Even the
multinational companies here, of which some of
my closest friends work, manage to fail
miserably at how they treat Ghanaian
employees… even the highly educated ones.
The truth of the matter is that under the right
set of institutions, Ghanaians can display
excellent work ethic.
The truer truth of the matter,however, is
lazyoliticians
that our leadership is lazy. Instead of sitting,
reflecting and coming back with visionary ways
to redefine labor in Ghana, we are busy
engulfing ourselves in foolish scandals. Instead
of building the right set of institutions, people
are having meetings with football players as if
the World Cup were a matter of National
Security. So… ummmm… will the real laze-balls
PLEASE stand up!
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
coachwilcox:

Mr Petrodollars. Its obvious u went to some tourism institute in gh as you cannot even make a logical statement. If u see me on d streets of accra u cant even approach me cause I'm running things in ur country. I posted 10 irrefutable facts about Ghana and u cannot even dispute them. Instead all u do is spew thrash from ur kenke oozing mouth. While naija boys are caning ur girls, shutting down ur bars just to drink water, buying cabs to assist boys like u to make a living, and paying prime rent that ur peeps cannot afford in ur country.

you know what? you are the biggest foooool on nairaland. I read the first statement you made and threw the crap into the dustbin. did you say Ghana relies on gas from nigeria for power generation. yes, it is true nigeria supplies gas to Ghana [b]and get paid [/b]under an existing agreement, signed during Obasanjo's time by all the particpating countries and companies like Chevron and Shell.

Under the long-term contract, nigeria is obligated to supply 120 million standard cubic feet of gas to Ghana daily, which can generate 200MW of electricity. nigeria currently supplies between 50 -60 million scf/daily, which is less than half what your country is obligated under the agreement to supply. now tell me how much electricity can you generate with 50-60 million scf/daily? that volume of gas can't generate more than 100MW of electricity. Ghana's current installed electricity capacity is about 2600MW. so assuming there is no gas from nigeria and you deduct the 100MW that the gas fsom nigeria provides, what do you get? you end up with 2,500MW. so how is gas imports from Nigeria an issue? If indeed you live in Ghana and know anything about the energy industry in Ghana, I expect you to know that Ghana is almost completing a $1 billion infrastructure project to tap gas from its own Jubilee field. Ghana can get more than 100million scf/day from the Jubilee field as soon as the project is completed in the next few months.

so reading that crap statement about gas from nigeria made me to throw your useless fooolish statement into the dustbin. it was not even worth a reply,huh? next time present verifiable facts. or do you think you are dealing with a bunch of ignoramus? ediot
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
solomon111: Chai.
So naija prostitutes dey ghana.
Smh.
Anyway,Nigeria is already a haven for prostitutes from all over west africa,eastern-europe and china.
No big deal.
hahahahaha na you get sense pass. see, it is not only a haven for prostitutes. it is also a haven for 419ners, armed robbers,yahoo yahoo, corrupt people, exam cheats, ritualists, witches and wizards, militants, pimps, oil bunkerers, pirates, terrorists etc etc etc hahahahaha sh1tnigeria grin check the number ofs pr0stitutes in Italy,Russia-the new destination, South Africa and all over the world
ma guy you go weak sef

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by barikay: 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
mikeapollo:

This is how we expose our foolishness. The issue is not whether there are more economic activities in Nigeria than Ghana. The issue which environmenet makes you more competitive! Which one do you prefer......a place where there is no electricity, no security, no night market/economic activties, a place where you cannot get a taxi/bus to your home after 10pm, no public water, no nightlife, no orderliness, no law, where people drive against traffic, no stable university education system, reckless human behaviours, no respect for traffic laws, terrorisms, thuggery, political violence, total chaos........and a place where you can use your modest income to enjoy stable electricity, water, good nightlife, organised/orderly society, law abiding, peaceful, where people dont drive against traffic, stable educational system etc.

It is better I enjoy the little money/business I have in Ghana with peace of mind in a decent society instead of doing big business in Nigeria and be living in fear, terror and total confusion!

How many Nigerian adults(below 50years) have ever enoyed/experienced 24 hours steady electricity for 3months at a stretch in their life-time?
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
gaynaians are only boasting of electricity cos their population is so tiny that their little electric generation can satisfy them. Apart from electricity, There is nothing gayna can boast of or compete with Nigeria for. If there is any please let those usel.ess gaynas mention
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by torgbe(m): 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
shogz89:
look at how stupid you are...... ..STINGY MOUTH..
Just read your message and make necessary correction you illetrate
illetrate u wrote..

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by agadez007(m): 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ghanaian ladies now sell their bodies for foods

As young intelligent women born and bred in Ghana,i was very repugnant,when i had to write a detailed minuite for my boss at the Royal Richester Hotel, when a group of Nigerian men sat right beside me and insulted to a pulp the image of Ghanaian women? Why because apparently some girls had given out their bodies in place of fried rice and chicken.I am totally appalled,that we the women of Ghana will be described as so cheap to the extent that we give our bodies out now for food.i mean come on ladies.Everyone is brought up differently some with silver spoons and some in poverty.But under no circumstance should any Ghanaian girl stoop so low as to give out their bodies for food.As i sat there and listened to these proud and boastfull nigerian men ,. i was boiling with so much rage cos as much as i wouldnt give my body out for a thousand rupies cos its not for sale, i was in every aspect a Ghanaian woman ,and thus,felt affected immensely by their silly comments.and i must say i dont blame them,because it is us the Ghanaian women who have given them the mandate to talk about us in a very inappropriate way This has gone too far now.one nigerian man even went as far as saying,that one girl he slept with the day before had begged him to buy her check check,after which he had his way.if u wont respect urself as a Ghanaian woman Respect The name mother Ghana.

http://members.ghanaweb.com/cpc_campaign
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by chriskwaku: 2:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
Evestar200: why wont Gas be cheaper in Ghana than Nigeria,,cuz Ghana dont use gas,,80% of ghana population use Charcoal in cooking,,so dont come here to say trash,,is only those who havnt been to ghana will think Ghana even more beautiful than somalia nt knwing Cape verde is heaven when compare to ghana nt to talk of naija

Gas Usage in Ghana is common even though we import from u guys. The woman frying kelewele on the road side even use LPG .

Despite its huge socio-economic benefits, many Nigerians have found it difficult switching from kerosene and firewood to cooking gas but the recent initiative of Oando Marketing Plc seems to be changing the situation, Raheem Akingbolu reports

Due to the huge gas resources available to Nigerians, stakeholders in the Oil and Gas industry have consistently mounted pressure on government to tap into the opportunities to enable an average Nigerian have access to Liquefied Petroleum Gas, rather than rely on crude means of cooking.

In a recent interview with THISDAY, the Managing Director of Falcon Petroleum Limited, Prof. Joseph Chukwurah Ezigbo, had expressed concern over the nonchalant attitude of relevant authorities to the development of the sector.

He didn’t only disagree with the continuous flaring of gas but blamed the government and the International Oil Companies (IOCs) for the abnormal situation.
“There is no reason why this country should be flaring close to $2.2 billion every year. It doesn’t make sense. Go to Anambra alone, we have 128 industries that are dying to use gas to power their operations. They work today; tomorrow they don’t work because there is no power. Go to Lagos, we have gas in Ikorodu, Agbara, Ota, Shagamu, Abeokuta and Ogijo, among others, but the industries don’t see gas,” he said.

According to available statistics, poor households in neighbouring countries like Republic of Benin and Ghana are already using gas for everyday cooking, while Nigerians on the other hand have relied solely on either kerosene or firewood, which is believed to have negative environmental and health effects.

Agitation
In recent times, the ugly situation has become a serious headache for stakeholders in the industry, especially the Nigeria LP Gas Association, Nigerian Association of LPG Marketers, Liquefied Petroleum Gas Retailers Association of Nigeria, and individual LPG companies such as NIPCO Plc, Oando Marketing Plc, Banner Gas and Techno Oil, among others.
To address the situation, the Lagos state government recently inaugurated the Eko Gas initiative in partnership with private operators to enhance LPG usage among the over 20 million Lagos residents.
Experts have largely blamed the federal government for not having a policy to drive LPG consumption, saying countries such as Brazil and Morocco, where LPG consumption is high, made much progress riding on deliberate government policies.

Oando Intervention
Oando Marketing Plc, a subsidiary of Oando Nigeria Plc made a giant stride towards breaking the barrier for low income earners to have access to cooking gas recently, with its partnership deal with some Micro Finance Banks (MFBs).
Through the initiative, the company signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Association of Microfinance Banks with a view to encouraging mass use of cooking gas in the country.

According to a statement obtained by THISDAY in Lagos, some of the MFBs participating in the scheme include Foresight MFB, Lake MFB, Channel MFB, Esusu MFB, Capstone MFB and Infinity MFB. Others include Sunrise MFB, Acute MFB, Strong Alliance MFB and Global Initiative MFB, among others.
The most significant aspect of the MoU is that low-income earners can now own the O-Gas 3-in-1 cylinder by approaching any of the micro finance banks with only N200 as an initial deposit and walk away with the complete set of portable 3kg O-Gas.
The 3-in-1 is an integrated cylinder, gas and burner certified safe for use by the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON).

Right Target
The Chief Executive Officer, Oando Marketing Plc, Mr. Abayomi Awobokun, who signed the agreement with the MFBs, said the 3kg cylinders were targeted at low-income earners.
He explained that such consumers would be expected to make a N200 daily deposit with any of the partnering micro finance banks for 30 days until they would have completed the payment cycle for the cylinder.
“The introduction of the portable 3kg O-Gas cylinder is aimed at addressing both issues of affordability and accessibility to LPG by the low-income masses.
“This integrated offering also suits the purchasing power of this socio-economic group as customers can refill with any amount they can afford per time through the company’s Pay-As-U-Gas metering system or swap the cylinders for an outright refill at N800,” Awobokun said.

Budding Partnership
Commenting further on the partnership, the Head of Marketing Communications, Oando Marketing Plc, Mr. Seun Soyinka, described the initiative as consistent with the company’s plan to switch millions of Nigerians from the use of biomass to clean, efficient, affordable and sustainable LPG via Oando’s 3kg O-Gas, an integrated offering that comes with a cylinder, burner and gas.

According to him, the O-Gas cooking stoves are directly available to end-users via the company’s existing vast network of over 500 retail stations and a growing network of authorised distributors.
He explained that Oando Marketing, through the selected micro finance banks, had started developing a tertiary network of retailers that would ensure that the 3kg O-Gas was available within 10 minutes to every end user.

Visible Benefits
The Chairman, National Association of Microfinance Banks, Lagos State chapter, Mr. Valentine Whensu, said the benefits of the scheme included the provision of a cleaner and safer fuel option for lower income households, reduction of indoor air pollution that causes significant health problems, a decline in carbon emissions caused by dirty fuels, and a decrease in the rate of deforestation in Nigeria.

The Vice-Chairman, South-west Zone, National Association of Micro Finance Banks, Mr. Olusegun Olusoga, was quoted as saying that the scheme was aimed at the grassroots, the low and medium level income earners in particular.
He said, “Our expectation is that we would further improve on the targeted market and also expand our coast and grow our revenue base too. The set objectives would be met, because they would be well informed about the health hazards inherent in the use of firewood and charcoal. Apart from the aforementioned advantages, they are expected to have economic advantage of the new process of cooking now and also in the long run.”
Olusoga, who doubles as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Iwade Micro Finance Bank Limited, said the feedback from member micro finance banks had been very encouraging, saying those that had yet to be in the scheme were seriously willing to join.

Gas for All
Many analysts believe that Nigeria’s gas reserves far outweigh the crude reserves, and that the former portray a much bigger source of revenue for the country, if only gas flaring can be curbed and the resource can be harnessed for both local consumption and export purposes.

There is no gainsaying the fact that any average citizen and consumer would prefer clean gas to kerosene and firewood for obvious reasons, but the issues of affordability and availability must also be considered.
In a country where millions of citizens go to bed hungry on a daily basis, one cannot talk of gas usage without considering the overall picture of enhanced standard of living, which would in turn increase the consumer’s purchasing power. That is the crux of the matter.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by blackbeau1(f): 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dear Ghana Based Nigerian,life is hard everywhere.for instance,in Abuja,people are renting SELF-CONTAINED apartments at 450,000 naira,some @ 650,000 and you are renting a 3bed room flat @ 336,000 with the option of sharing with others, You are lucky. Feeding @ 600 naira a day? I wish I could do that in Abj,I'd be very happy. Long story cut short,Life is hard everywhere.that is why we view people who can make it in life as 'celebrities'. But sha,if Ghana proves to be too difficult,abeg join the next ABC bus(its just 9k) back home to your comfort zone.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
the totall number of gas users in Nigeria is x2 of ghana totall population
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
Cubeet: gaynaians are only boasting of electricity cos their population is so tiny that their little electric generation can satisfy them. Apart from electricity, There is nothing gayna can boast of or compete with Nigeria for. If there is any please let those usel.ess gaynas mention
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by coachwilcox(m): 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2: you know what? you are the biggest foooool on nairaland. I read the first statement you made and threw the crap into the dustbin. did you say Ghana relies on gas from nigeria for power generation. yes, it is true nigeria supplies gas to Ghana [b]and get paid [/b]under an existing agreement, signed during Obasanjo's time by all the particpating countries and companies like Chevron and Shell.

Under the long-term contract, nigeria is obligated to supply 120 million standard cubic feet of gas to Ghana daily, which can generate 200MW of electricity. nigeria currently supplies between 50 -60 million scf/daily, which is less than half what your country is obligated under the agreement to supply. now tell me how much electricity can you generate with 50-60 million scf/daily? that volume of gas can't generate more than 100MW of electricity. Ghana's current installed electricity capacity is about 2600MW. so assuming there is no gas from nigeria and you deduct the 100MW that the gas fsom nigeria provides, what do you get? you end up with 2,500MW. so how is gas imports from Nigeria an issue? If indeed you live in Ghana and know anything about the energy industry in Ghana, I expect you to know that Ghana is almost completing a $1 billion infrastructure project to tap gas from its own Jubilee field. Ghana can get more than 100million scf/day from the Jubilee field as soon as the project is completed in the next few months.

so reading that crap statement about gas from nigeria made me to throw your useless fooolish statement into the dustbin. it was not even worth a reply,huh? next time present verifiable facts. or do you think you are dealing with a bunch of ignoramus? ediot

@Mr Kenkedollarz

I see you've gone to pull some stats out of your a$$ but lemme tell you this. There are lies, damn lies and statistics. If Naija gas increases ghana electricity supply by 4% as you asserted yet when the supply was cut "light off" in my Osu palace was only 50% a day during the 4 or 5 months this happened then your statement is illogical, baseless and useless to me. Ur government lies to you so you don't go on radio everyday (which ghanaians love to do) and abuse abuse and abuse them.

About the so-called $1b gas project you're involved in Im sure you need to ask what happened to your oil deal with Tullow Oil. Its most def another private partnership and or foreign grant/donation cause I''m sure your govt cannot afford the project. Sit down and look at the palpable facts before pulling some thrash out of your ass.

UN and other orgs say many in Africa including Ghana ana Naija live on less than $1 a day. What can $1 do for anyone for feeding in a day? See? Statistics.

I dont blame u. Naija needs to rethink its foreign policy and stop playing big broda to all dese ungrateful and spiteful african countries.

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by coachwilcox(m): 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
@Mr Kenkedollarz

I see you've gone to pull some stats out of your a$$ but lemme tell you this. There are lies, damn lies and statistics. If Naija gas increases ghana electricity supply by 4% as you asserted yet when the supply was cut "light off" in my Osu palace was only 50% a day during the 4 or 5 months this happened then your statement is illogical, baseless and useless to me. Ur government lies to you so you don't go on radio everyday (which ghanaians love to do) and abuse abuse and abuse them.

About the so-called $1b gas project you're involved in Im sure you need to ask what happened to your oil deal with Tullow Oil. Its most def another private partnership and or foreign grant/donation cause I''m sure your govt cannot afford the project. Sit down and look at the palpable facts before pulling some thrash out of your ass.

UN and other orgs say many in Africa including Ghana ana Naija live on less than $1 a day. What can $1 do for anyone for feeding in a day? See? Statistics.

I dont blame u. Naija needs to rethink its foreign policy and stop playing big broda to all dese ungrateful and spiteful african countries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Photos Of MC Oluomo's Three Wives / Fatima Dangote's Look To Her Nikkai Ceremony In Kano (Photos) / Loan Apps: I Have Used My Hands To Bury Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.